SOMETHING THAT HASNT BEEN DONE YET IN AN ANIME OR MANGA

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 3, 2011 12:06 AM

Aug 2009
FroZen109 said:
i cant think of anything

what would you like to see

A harem where the male lead is his in early 30s a office worker during the day and a sadistic vigilante at night.

A magical girl where main heroin has to drop kick a puppy to transform into a magical girl.

A slice of life that takes place on a actual military or least a fictional military base that is based on a real military base.

A anime of the Punisher.
Nov 3, 2011 12:18 AM

Jul 2010
An anime like Initial D but with cars from foreign markets like Ford, Porsche, Peugeot etc. Would be interesting to see a Japanese tuner like the AE86 against say, a Ford Focus.

Nov 3, 2011 12:33 AM

Apr 2011
A shounen/comedy/somewhat-harem/school where the main guy doesn't look like he's 12 years old. Maybe a cross between Kyon (Suzumiya), Okazaki (Clannad) and Kodaka (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) for the main guy.

Fighting demons at night or something is his secret identity. Watch him grow and gain powers and more people slowly find out about his powers. He may or may not have a female fighting partner. But I don't want him blushing every single time he sees one.

This is a pretty normal request, so if it does exist and I don't know about it yet, someone tell me. If that's the case, I just haven't found it yet. But at the moment, this very normal request which doesn't exist.... which is a shame.

The ones that I have seen:
-Don't have enough focus on school grounds.
-Main character is a pussy when it comes to girls, or is extremely perverted.
-I don't like them completely oblivious, but I don't like them 'defeated' when it comes to females but cliche reactions are always good.
-Females always having extremely large boobs.
-Enemies not evil enough.
-Too much terminology.

Powers should be either:
-Summoning various youkai/ayakashi/beings who have different personalities.
-Using magic.
-Just plain physically strong.

Also I like the idea of main character always having to hold a sword. (Ao no Exorcist)
Nov 3, 2011 12:49 AM

Apr 2010
A teenage boy, aided by an angel, must defeat the 4 biggest baddies ever. However they are immortal, so to do this, he must summon a magic dragon that can wish their immortal powers away. To summon the dragon he must collect 7 balls. Each ball is special in that it must contain the heart of a woman of purest heart. Only 7 women with pure hearts exist in the world.

Unfortunately the baddies realized this and decided to set up a special guardian for each of the ladies which the MC must first defeat. The first is guarded by a mecha, the second by a group of ninjas, the third by a group of samurai, the fourth by a group of mythical demons, the fifth by a seductive mature lady, the sixth by a child whos power is far beyond his age, and the 7th by a mysterious masked man who turns out to be the MCs long lost thought to be dead twin.

Then, to gain the heart of each pure lady, the MC must win their love with a kiss, using both his knowledge from dating sims, as well as tips from his angel sidekick. Only then can the MC transfer the power of the heart to its respective magic ball.

However he must first obtain the balls and to do that he must travel to an island where he must beat the 4 masters to prove his worth, first the master of Martial Arts, then the master of Go, then the master of magic, and finally the master of cosplay.

Once all the hearts have been obtained and put into their respective balls, the magic dragon can be summoned, but the wish is extremely difficult to pull off so the dragon needs some extra power. To get the extra power the MC must collect a magic deck of cards that can amplify the dragons power so that he may cancel out the immortals power.

The cards are scattered across the earth, so the MC must contact an alien to obtain a special sensory device that will help him to track down the cards. The alien will only give the device if the MC can bring him a rare flower found only at the top of a dangerous space mountain.

The MC climbs the mountain, slays a bunch of monsters along the way, and reaches the flower, only to find a small little girl collapsed near the top. The girl asks if she can eat the flower for it will cure her plot convenient illness. The MC is torn but decides to give her the only flower there. As soon as he does, the alien appears beside him and says this was all a test to prove his worth.

So, he gets the sensory device and starts to search the world for the magical cards. There are 13 in total and he finds them in a variety of places which I don't feel like going into detail on.

So! He gets the cards, and brings them to the dragon who was summoned from the balls which contain the essence of the hearts of 7 pure women. He makes the wish and thus can finally go to take out the big baddies. The first big baddie is a grotesque lizard thing with many tentacles which proceeds to put the angel sidekick in a very awkward and sexual position before the MC slays him.

Next baddie is a psychotic woman who controls time, and manages to stun the MC in a terrible time field. Just as shes about to destroy the boy, the 7 purest of heart ladies come in and fire a magical laser at the sadistic witch, which turns her to stone and lets the MC proceed. (this of course drains all the power of the 7 girls).

3rd in line is the return of his long lost evil thought to be dead twin, whos pissed off at the fact he lost last time (don't ask me how he lost last time when he was immortal... sounds like a loophole that they really should of thought through) and this time has forged a pact with a powerful demon. However the demon is slowly eating his soul and very little of the twins true self remains. After a long battle, the MC strikes his twin down, and tearfully watches him fade away as the twin asks for his forgiveness.

Finally we're on to the final big baddie, a powerful sorcerer. He goes on to elaborate that his entire plan was to wipe out humanity, because he has lived forever and seen that humanity is bad and killing them is akin to saving them. So an epic battle ensues and ultimately the MC wins. However, in one last act of desperation, the sorcerer fires a bolt of energy which strikes the angel in the chest. As she lays in the MC hands, she softly whispers to him about how she loved him all along, and the MC bitterly cries and tries to tell her that she'll be fine, she won't die. Alas she does die, and the MC weeps over her body.

As the tears fall down onto her lifeless face, a miracle happens and she slowly opens her eyes. Its amazing, his tears have brought her back to life. They stare at each other, and immediately embrace when....

The MC bolts upright. He looks around. He is inside a hospital ward in the middle of tokyo. He notices a nurse to his left who looks shocked at his sudden awakening. He asks where he is. She explains, and also tells him that he's been in a coma for the past 6 months and its miraculous he woke up.

~the end
Nov 3, 2011 2:44 AM
Jul 2011
Honestly, I want a male character thats not completely stupid/weak/cliche
I want a antagonist that is not only smart, but drop dead EVIL. Is good at controlling other people. It has to be an evil that cannot be justified, but the antagonist has now choice but to be that way because its all he knows.
I love realism, but if the story can be made using mechs while still coming across as semi serious then I'm for it.
I want people to die, I want the hero to make hard choices, and suffer the consequences. I don't want him capable of saving everyone AND himself.
I want something of good length around 50 episodes.
I want the story to be dark, but I don't want it to take itself too serious.
I want the characters to be smart, One of my favorite parts of any anime are the monologues that give insight in to the mind of the characters. The stories in Monster for instance were quite amazing.
I don't want my ending to have everything wrapped up in a nice bow. I want either something out of left field, or something that lets me thing "damn, thats awesome"

So yeah, essentially i want Monster and Code Geass to have a baby...

BUT, I'll settle for a serious take on the Zombie apocalypse. That would be awesome. Something like the Walking Dead, where its about survival... The best we have in this genre is HOTD and that got real old real fast. I would like something realistic. It could provide for something awesome as you see the 'everyman' protagonist and a group survive...face the hard reality of having to kill or be killed. The character development would be epic. The mind fuck would be glorious. Not to mention its not a battle they can win, but its a story that can have many twists and turn. I'm all about good character development in a good disaster scenario.
Nov 3, 2011 8:29 AM

Feb 2005
leingodf8 said:
So, he gets the sensory device and starts to search the world for the magical cards. There are 13 in total and he finds them in a variety of places which I don't feel like going into detail on.
Naturally, these cards are all held by the various champions of some trading card game, so the hero has to spend a season's worth of episodes on battling his way through the world leagues to challenge the masters.
And of course, merchandise opportunities. Very important.
Nov 3, 2011 9:09 AM
Feb 2010
Baman said:
leingodf8 said:
Naturally, these cards are all held by the various champions of some trading card game, so the hero has to spend a season's worth of episodes on battling his way through the world leagues to challenge the masters.
And of course, merchandise opportunities. Very important.
And it takes place in the real world, so they can just start taking massive cuts of Pokemon and baseball cards without having to hire anyone to make a new TCG.
Nov 3, 2011 10:41 AM

Apr 2009
Let's see.
Style210 said:
Honestly, I want a male character thats not completely stupid/weak/cliche

Check.
I want a antagonist that is not only smart, but drop dead EVIL. Is good at controlling other people. It has to be an evil that cannot be justified, but the antagonist has now choice but to be that way because its all he knows.

Hell yeah!
I want people to die, I want the hero to make hard choices, and suffer the consequences. I don't want him capable of saving everyone AND himself.

Lots of folks will die.
I want something of good length around 50 episodes.

Nope...
I want the story to be dark, but I don't want it to take itself too serious.

Check!
I want the characters to be smart, One of my favorite parts of any anime are the monologues that give insight in to the mind of the characters.

Check!

You should totally watch Hellsing Ultimate.
Nov 3, 2011 10:46 AM

Oct 2011
Anime taking place during I World War (that would also count to life movies :P )

ok there is lots of stuff about aliens on Earth but something in climate of V or Earth: Final Conflict
so they come they are nice and all... but we can see how people react on that event. I would love to see something like it made in japan (how their culture would deal with it)
or they come they are not nice and we need to fight... no hi-fi super weapons but what we have now
Nov 3, 2011 10:53 AM

Aug 2008
jrgcool35 said:
KyuuAL said:
FroZen109 said:
i cant think of anything

what would you like to see

One completely made by Americans -- with Japanese training.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender

Pretty sure they had some kind of Japanese animation style instruction in the schools they attended.

Then they haven't trained enough. When it comes to story and plot -- they got that part down.

However, when it comes to the way the characters moved and talked... no.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Nov 3, 2011 11:01 AM

Jan 2008
Card games on motorcycles mechas.
Nov 3, 2011 1:27 PM

Feb 2005
Dalek-baka said:
Anime taking place during I World War (that would also count to life movies :P )

ok there is lots of stuff about aliens on Earth but something in climate of V or Earth: Final Conflict
so they come they are nice and all... but we can see how people react on that event. I would love to see something like it made in japan (how their culture would deal with it)
or they come they are not nice and we need to fight... no hi-fi super weapons but what we have now
This Is kind of that.
As for WWI stuff, be sure to see Paths of Glory and All Quiet On The Western Front. Can't think of any anime though.

And speaking of card games, remember all the games that have some retarded card based battlesystem where you for example can't attack unless you draw a attack card, and your spells are all randomly stocked up in a deck?
So, envision a normal school romcom, except it's set in a world where every action has to be carried out with cards. So to eat, you must have corresponding food cards and use a "Eat" action card, et cetera. And make the protagonist the only one that realize how retarded all this is.
Nov 3, 2011 2:09 PM

Oct 2011
Baman said:
This Is kind of that.
As for WWI stuff, be sure to see Paths of Glory and All Quiet On The Western Front. Can't think of any anime though.

Ah I forgot about NieA.
But as I recall it was told more from alien point of view (AFAIK), still in good way.
What I meant by writing was something like, I don't know if you know it, "Roadside Picnic". That someone came or still is, but we can only have some theories about it.

And WWI I've seen them... but still there is not so much of it. Well maybe if they make every possible variation on Sengoku period ;)
Nov 3, 2011 2:24 PM

Jun 2011
A drama that shows the dark and more competitive side when working in the field of Science. With back-stabbing, credit hogging, sabotage, and even killing
It would be cool if it was set in the 1920s-1970s from Einstein to the Radical group forming the string theory
Egos colliding and Arrogance of the scientist

It sounds like it has been done before with gangs or something, but I nothing with science.
Nov 3, 2011 2:35 PM

Apr 2010
Baman said:

And speaking of card games, remember all the games that have some retarded card based battlesystem where you for example can't attack unless you draw a attack card, and your spells are all randomly stocked up in a deck?
So, envision a normal school romcom, except it's set in a world where every action has to be carried out with cards. So to eat, you must have corresponding food cards and use a "Eat" action card, et cetera. And make the protagonist the only one that realize how retarded all this is.

Ahhhh I gotta go to the bathroom but I don't have a "shit" card. DAMIT
Nov 3, 2011 2:55 PM

Sep 2011
-Shuda- said:
How about an anime where the villain wins. Not wins in some justified or bittersweet way. More like kills everyone, blows up verse and smiles saying, BITCHES you wasted your time.

that does exist

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 3, 2011 3:05 PM
Nov 2007
Still waiting for someone to make my dream show of:

a shonen Pog tournament fighting series into a reality.
Nov 3, 2011 3:32 PM

Jan 2008
Physica_Fulcrum said:
Still waiting for someone to make my dream show of:

This actually made me go google what pog is.
Nov 3, 2011 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
AlexSadist-sama said:
An anime about MAL.

Hell yeah xD!
A mix of genshiken and welcome to the nhk, that goes on for 300 episodes picturing us. I'd watch xD
Nov 3, 2011 3:52 PM
Nov 2010
AlexSadist-sama said:
An anime about MAL.

I was about to post something like that , heck I even mention it once a few days ago.

Z-flame said:
Imagine an anime where the protagonist is an "anime watcher" and goes to this site called "BAD" or something, there he makes a list of the anime he watches. Also he enters in various discussions about the meaning of emotions in movies and the definition of the "that's what she said" phrase.

MAL parody XD
Nov 5, 2011 8:01 AM

Jun 2010
AlexSadist-sama said:
An anime about MAL.

That would be quite interesting to watch. :O Baka's all around. XD
Tell the victims to kill eachother.
Nov 5, 2011 10:07 AM
Mar 2008
KawaiiSheniie said:
A Anime with a brother and sister who are undercover assassins Living out a normal life in the day and kiling at night... that would be Badass!!! XD

There's a manga called Black Angels. That's close to what you're looking for.
Nov 5, 2011 10:25 AM
Mar 2008
jrgcool35 said:
I have yet to find any anime about the Roman Empire.

here's a manga:

古代ローマ格闘暗獄譚

Translates to something like the Battles of the Roman Coliseum.
Nov 5, 2011 10:53 AM

Sep 2011
An anime about a man who dies tragically rescuing his family from the wreckage of a destroyed sinking battleship.
Nov 5, 2011 11:27 AM

Sep 2011
4chan, the anime.

That would be horribly screwed up.

Oh, and Sonichu... ololol..
[center]
Nov 5, 2011 1:21 PM

Jun 2011
A "realistic" anime adaptation of Sherlock Holmes. (i.e. One that does not involve anthropomorphic animals.)

An anime about a magician/illusionist? As in stage/street performance, not magical powers.

I was also going to say an anime that directly involves Greek or Roman mythology, but apparently there were a couple of those in the 70s/80s (Arion, Hoshi no Orpheus).
Nov 5, 2011 2:29 PM

Oct 2011
Anime about chessplayers :) I don't know if there are any like it - but as game itself is not totally interesting, personalities of champions sure are.
Nov 5, 2011 2:56 PM
Oct 2010
Dalek-baka said:
Anime about chessplayers :) I don't know if there are any like it - but as game itself is not totally interesting, personalities of champions sure are.

Close to what you want: Hikaru no Go, Shion no Ou. Look at the rec sections of each for similar titles.
Nov 8, 2011 12:51 PM

Nov 2009
Anime about Bill Hicks, please.
Nov 8, 2011 1:30 PM

Nov 2011
Digglett said:
4chan, the anime.

That would be horribly screwed up.

Oh, and Sonichu... ololol..

Oh God! D :

Dalek-baka said:

I like that idea since I play chess myself (and I'm pretty good) : D
Nov 8, 2011 2:18 PM

Jun 2011
xLegionx said:
Hmm I have actually gave this some thought.. This is the basic story. It starts out with the main male protagonist in high school with his girlfriend. One day they are going home from a movie/date and they witness a murder, done by some gang members. They flee but the gang members manage to see the girl face. They call the police and tell them what happened. Days later they are leaving school late in the afternoon it starts to rain they try to take shelter. Then they get jumped by the gang members the boy is beat almost to death with bats and wooden swords.The beating causes him to have Heterochromia (different colored eyes). He had dark brown but his right eye becomes an off brown almost a red. Next they start to beat the girl ultimately killing her in front or him. I also forgot mention they have a close group of friends 3 male 2 females not counting the lead male and his gf. Skip forward 3 years. This is where the show actually starts, what happened three years ago is actually explained much later in the show. The main female protagonist(late teens) is show walking around lost looking for the her new apartment. Then out of nowhere gang members grab her and try to sexually assault her. Then our male protagonist shows up and demolishes them but not before one of them partially remove this bandana around this face exposing this right eye. She sees this as he runs out of there but not before tagging the wall. Days later she attends her new collage. She sits down at the back of room. Two Thug members enter the room one being tall and heavy build with brown/red right eye(Male protagonist. The other a somewhat emo looking with dark clothes. She is shocked is this the person who saved her? She doesn't know but shes going to find out. So basically the male protagonist starts a gang with this group of friends from high school. The reason for this is to find the people who kill his gf but the gang that did it is now huge. So he will have to take over turf controlled by them by any mean necessary to flush them out. Genres it covers Action, Slice of life, Drama,School, Romance, Comedy, and Gore(If that is one). SORRY I kinda went over board but I came up with this a long time ago bored one day. Sorry for the bad grammar or spelling error its like 6am here. I know its not good but I think it would be entertaining atleast....

thats an interesting idea.
i would srsly watch that. sadly it'll neva be turned into an anime :(
Nov 8, 2011 3:02 PM

Oct 2011
hentai_proxy said:

Close to what you want: Hikaru no Go, Shion no Ou. Look at the rec sections of each for similar titles.

that's kind of it
but what i also would like to see is showing something like Cold War matches. They were serious stuff. With all what was happening during the game, preparations and work behind the curtains.
So player would be last piece of it. With a lot of resposibility on him or her.
and also different ways of playing, predicting other player moves and personalities of players. All within that setting.
Nov 8, 2011 5:56 PM

Dec 2010
TheResistance said:
taro_sado said:

Here's mine: A harem where the main guy is all that. He's cool, handsome, smart, strong, etc. Or he could be the opposite and it's still fine with me because it still works. His harem falls in love with him on first sight constantly but he's actually gay. The story is if he will ever turn hetero.

I've been looking for an anime like that for awhile o.O

i dropped mayo chiki at episode 2 but it's pretty close. It's not exact as my description but they joke around it enough to qualify. Infinite stratos is next as closest.
Nov 8, 2011 6:00 PM

Aug 2009
Seriously?

They never went in Canada. They talked about it for sure, but they make it sound like a lost land (which is not far from reality I must say).
-Fixing-
Nov 8, 2011 6:03 PM

Aug 2011
Tiago97 said:
An atheist defeating God with a Giga Drill Breaker .

HAHAHA this comment made my day!!
"Throw away your logic and kick reason to the curb! Beautifully following the golden road! If there’s a wall, we knock it down! It’s a road built with these hands! The Magma of the Heart’s Final Ignition! Perfect Unification Gurren-Lagann!"
Nov 8, 2011 6:32 PM

Dec 2009
I don't know if its actually ever been made, but I've never found that yet, so...
Yes, there are neko girls. But I've never seen an anime that has a neko-girl who lives in the same roof as the protagonist. Or atleast a good one.

But other than that, I really don't know or can't think of anything that hasn't been made...

Oh! nvm, I've ALWAYS wanted to see an anime/manga of a male protagonist being bullied/intimidated and that the story is about where he gets fed up of it that he ''cracks'', he becomes crazy, psycho, or having revenge by killing all of the students.
Not learning any martial arts from a teacher or that kind of anime, but just that he then turns crazy.
Or for more realistic. It would be, that the male protagonist faces life, on growing up. And even maybe a little romance to add in.
Nov 8, 2011 9:11 PM

Oct 2011
Synesthesia. That would make for a beautiful anime, if the artwork was quality ^^

(if you don`t know what that is, look it up)
Nov 8, 2011 9:13 PM

Mar 2011
A harem end
Courtesy of Paul
Nov 8, 2011 9:20 PM

Oct 2011
maybe a good angel anime on how they work, what their mission in life is and how they hide them selves from humanity. it could be called halo and they could talk about how halos work.
Nov 8, 2011 9:46 PM

Oct 2010
Charlie Chaplin style, silent anime.
Nov 8, 2011 10:22 PM

Jan 2011
Proportional human anatomy.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Nov 9, 2011 4:30 AM

Nov 2011
An anime about cavemen trying to produce fire. 50 episodes should be fine.

Oh, and also an anime about a love story of a man which is 60 years old. The girls are old also. (I prefer it with harem and some ecchi scenes.)
CompilerNov 9, 2011 4:37 AM
Nov 9, 2011 4:57 AM

Oct 2011
renz15 said:

Oh, and also an anime about a love story of a man which is 60 years old. The girls are old also. (I prefer it with harem and some ecchi scenes.)

the second one seems a bit familiar... ok those were not exactly love stories but factor of reproduction is most certainly present
but such anime but without love story would be nice

and first one - I would love to see
Nov 9, 2011 5:09 AM

Nov 2011
Dalek-baka said:
renz15 said:

the second one seems a bit familiar... ok those were not exactly love stories but factor of reproduction is most certainly present
but such anime but without love story would be nice

and first one - I would love to see

How about a grandpa riding a mecha?
Nov 9, 2011 5:22 AM

Oct 2010
Food fights! Especially pie throwing, banana cream pie that is.
Nov 9, 2011 9:10 AM

Nov 2008
A school themed anime with an all girls school and the premise is all of them are training to be Yamato Nadeshiko. With lots of yuri and ecchi, maybe some implied rape.

Nov 9, 2011 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
Something you can fap to without being classed as a massive freak..

..jokes; I think they should make an anime about some old time history, kinda like Spice and Wolf shows renaissance Europe.

Maybe an Ancient Roman anime, or even funnier.. cavemen anime!
Nov 9, 2011 9:25 AM

Sep 2011
renz15 said:

I'd watch.

An anime bout Justin Bieber having a harem that includes Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Britney Spears and Rebecca Black.
Nov 9, 2011 12:21 PM

Apr 2009
kye_x said:
Synesthesia. That would make for a beautiful anime, if the artwork was quality ^^

(if you don`t know what that is, look it up)

Canaan. Well, kinda.
Nov 9, 2011 12:45 PM

May 2008
(semi)-realistic non-Hentai Pedo-anime handling the topic somehow like Koi Kaze did with incest
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Apr 25

72 by Toooooooooohru »»
39 seconds ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

40 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

36 by Tropisch »»
3 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

12 by Shizuna »»
6 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

27 by traed »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.