Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 21, 2011 1:01 PM

Jul 2009
This is an odd thread. You're asking what I can only assume to be a generally introverted population (MAL) if they enjoy doing extroverted things.

Seems a tad bit obvious what responses you'll get.
Nov 21, 2011 4:45 PM

Nov 2011
Grimm3r said:
This is an odd thread. You're asking what I can only assume to be a generally introverted population (MAL) if they enjoy doing extroverted things.

i like the thread, and i get your point, but it's interesting to see just how many people avoid the scene.
Tea and bickies with the Bold and the Beautiful
Nov 21, 2011 6:00 PM

Feb 2007
LeFake said:
Those multi-colored flashing lights are just annoying.

Your avatar flashes at me and I find that annoying. :/
Nov 21, 2011 6:06 PM

Apr 2009
yjrHanma209x said:
Grimm3r said:

i like the thread, and i get your point, but it's interesting to see just how many people avoid the scene.
Hey now, some of us lived by and for that scene, and I'll tell ya, when you're that far in, getting out is hard! When you love sex as much as I do, avoiding going back in takes a lot of self control.
Nov 21, 2011 6:19 PM

Aug 2009
Clubs have problems having fun at me.
Nov 22, 2011 5:18 AM

May 2011
I agree with most the people here about the cons of clubs also I done see the point of a girl bouncing her butt off of my junk. But you must remember that there are alternatives to clubs, they are called lounges, music is played softly they have top shelf drinks, decent lighting, most only allow smoking on the outside patio. And a bouns is that on some nights the owner works the bar so if you can friend him free drinks!!!
I GOT SCURVY!!!!!!!!!
Nov 22, 2011 10:36 AM

Nov 2007
I do not like clubs for the following reasons

1- I don't drink
2- I hate the smell of alcohol and cigarettes
3- I hate people trying to force drinks on me
4- I hate spending hours dressing up all pretty to not be noticed because it's so dark anyway.
5- I hate loud music and flashing lights
6- Socializing with drunk people when you're sober is not fun.
7- You get in super late and have a messed up sleeping schedule
8- The kind of people I like to hang out with do not go to clubs
9- I don't appreciate being stared at or people grabbing me inappropriately. Or trying to force me to dance with them.
10- I hate being the "designated driver".

I went clubbing once and there was a freaking typhoon that weekend. I wound up having a massive headache the next day from all the smoke, loud music, and head decoration that my friends forced on me. It was not fun at all.
federNov 22, 2011 10:43 AM
Nov 22, 2011 11:43 AM

Aug 2010
I only went a few time into pub/club, and i was pretty much dragged there by class/work mates. I usualy sit in a corner and wait till it finish. I don't talk to people, i never dance, never drink alcool or take drugs, i just sit there and wait, mourning the wasted time i'll never get back.
Nov 22, 2011 8:34 PM

Aug 2010
Grimm3r said:

My imaginary friends tell me I'm not introverted :)
Nov 22, 2011 9:16 PM

Dec 2010
prismheart said:
My imaginary friends tell me I'm not introverted :)

My air friend tells me the exact same thing.
Nov 22, 2011 9:55 PM

Aug 2009
It depends who I'm with the club with. Generally I think its fun for a while but if I stay too long I get a headache from all the loud music and cigarettes.
Nov 23, 2011 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
ReaperEXE said:
yjrHanma209x said:
Grimm3r said:

Hey now, some of us lived by and for that scene, and I'll tell ya, when you're that far in, getting out is hard! When you love sex as much as I do, avoiding going back in takes a lot of self control.

avoiding killing yourself when you have no legs and no arms, that's self control, avoiding clubs when you love sex, ha hardly, by the sounds of it you view clubbing the wrong way, it sounds like you've convinced yourself that if you don't have clubs, you don't have sex, if so, that's where the obsession comes in, there are stacks of places to meet chickies, clubs are just another place friend.
Nov 23, 2011 7:00 AM

Feb 2010
I don't like clubs at all, but I do like to go out to drink. For that I prefer some nice bars, where you can actually talk with people (who tend to be nicer than the people you can find in the clubs) which is the main thing for me. I'm shitty dancer so clubs really don't offer anything to me.
Nov 24, 2011 2:19 PM

Oct 2011
celestialocean said:
I hate clubs for all the reasons already mentioned. To be clear, I have no problem with clubs or people who enjoy clubbing, but it's definitely not my thing. I hate being in loud, crowded places. I prefer quiet and open areas: cafes, parks, beaches, lakes, etc. Of course, I'm fine with just relaxing at home, too. :)

exactly the same
can't understand wht's the good part of being trapped like a sardine in a place and everyone touch u bec they can't pass or move
Nov 24, 2011 2:47 PM

Sep 2009
I've never been to a club nor have I ever had the desire to. One of my extroverted friends dragged me to an indie concert once. The music was hurtfully loud and I was incredibly bored. Couldn't wait to get out of there. I later asked her if that's what a club was like, and she said "no way, it's way louder in a club!" I gave her a look of pure horror, and have never entertained the thought again. I don't even do well in sports bars.
Nov 24, 2011 3:26 PM

Dec 2009
I hate clubs.. Music is so damn loud that there's no chance of talking to ANYONE! I hate those kinda places.. I'd rather go to a bar.
Nov 25, 2011 6:54 PM

Mar 2011
Nope I had fun tonight. I mean, wouldn't have been as fun had I not drunk so much alcohol, and I did do some stuff that might be regretted tomorrow, but it was fun. Then again, you need to be drunk to enjoy a night in the worst club in Europe (yes, type "worst club in Europe" into Google and it will dominate the search results). Everything's better when you're intoxicated. Everything...

In general, it hasn't really changed from previous results, though I do think I need to add extra stress on the fact that alcohol is the key to having fun in clubs. In some clubs, you need to have barely any sense at all. I don't advise this btw.
Nov 26, 2011 6:16 AM

Dec 2010
InfiniteRyvius said:
Nope I had fun tonight. I mean, wouldn't have been as fun had I not drunk so much alcohol, and I did do some stuff that might be regretted tomorrow, but it was fun. Then again, you need to be drunk to enjoy a night in the worst club in Europe (yes, type "worst club in Europe" into Google and it will dominate the search results). Everything's better when you're intoxicated. Everything...

In general, it hasn't really changed from previous results, though I do think I need to add extra stress on the fact that alcohol is the key to having fun in clubs. In some clubs, you need to have barely any sense at all. I don't advise this btw.

In there, you definitely need alcohol to make it a bearable night. (Yes, I have been there)
Nov 26, 2011 10:26 AM

Dec 2009
No need to go just stay home hang with friends online,if you wanna dance buy kinnect if you don't have one.
Nov 26, 2011 11:36 PM

Nov 2011
gokudo21 said:
No need to go just stay home hang with friends online,if you wanna dance buy kinnect if you don't have one.

spoken like a true introvert
Nov 27, 2011 2:18 AM
Oct 2008
I used to love clubbing but I went to dance, not pick up. If you go as part of a mixed group and don't worry about what people think, it is a lot of fun. I have to admit though, I did go once with only one female friend and I didn't enjoy that so much. You get a lot of losers who think being two females without males around them was an invitation to be touched up, gyrated against or attempt sleazy pick ups, none of which were appreciated. The anti-smoking laws were the best thing that happened to Australian clubs and pubs, and naturally they were brought in just before I got pregnant so I didn't have long to enjoy it before my clubbing days were over.
Nov 27, 2011 4:56 AM

Mar 2010
Clubs? Fun?
I thought these were antonyms.

They're fun for people who enjoy dancing and flirting. If you're not into that, it's just superficial bullshit. They're designed for dancing. If you want conversation, go somewhere else.

I will never be seen in a club. The only thing that would happen if I did, is I'd have my comfort zone broken by a bunch of nasty men. I don't have to pay for something like that, it already happens on the street regularly.

H y a h h a a !
Nov 27, 2011 5:34 AM

Nov 2011
Cottonrabbit said:
I used to love clubbing but I went to dance, not pick up. If you go as part of a mixed group and don't worry about what people think, it is a lot of fun. I have to admit though, I did go once with only one female friend and I didn't enjoy that so much. You get a lot of losers who think being two females without males around them was an invitation to be touched up, gyrated against or attempt sleazy pick ups, none of which were appreciated. The anti-smoking laws were the best thing that happened to Australian clubs and pubs, and naturally they were brought in just before I got pregnant so I didn't have long to enjoy it before my clubbing days were over.

a lot of guys realize that your probably just there to dance, it isn't hard to figure out, they'll just try and hit on you anyway, number 1, they haven't got much to lose, number 2, they think you could take a liking to them even if it wasn't your intention. But your somewhat right, you do get the others who are too stupid to realize, as well as the ones that'lll grab you for the hell of it, or showing off in front of their mates.
Nov 27, 2011 5:36 AM

Aug 2011
I normally don't really give a shit about what others think or do in the club and just party and have fun. There are indeed always people that are just standing there awkwardly in the corner while sipping beer. And then when the weekend is over you hear of their awesome weekend and the fun that they had while going all out in the club -.-.
But just do whatever you like and don't care about what others think. If you don't find it all that fun to go to a club then do something different. Like go see a movie or something. I''m not that much of a clubber myself tbh. And the reason people feel like they ''have'' to have fun is because it is so hyped and people are pressured into thinking that all young adults must have fun in a club or else there is something wrong with them, which is not true at all
Nov 27, 2011 5:50 AM

Apr 2008
urgh clubs... no thanks. I am not 15. I rarely drink and the music they play is terrible.
Nov 27, 2011 1:56 PM
Oct 2008
yjrHanma209x said:
Cottonrabbit said:

a lot of guys realize that your probably just there to dance, it isn't hard to figure out, they'll just try and hit on you anyway, number 1, they haven't got much to lose, number 2, they think you could take a liking to them even if it wasn't your intention. But your somewhat right, you do get the others who are too stupid to realize, as well as the ones that'lll grab you for the hell of it, or showing off in front of their mates.

I didn't mind being hit on if they weren't sleazy and if the guy amused me, it is true I might see him again. But clubs are pointless for that kind of flirtation as you can't talk. I just don't like the ones who think drunkenly pawing me will somehow impress me.

It wasn't a completely wasted night though. My friend met her future husband so she had a great time :) Still wouldn't recommend night clubs as a venue for finding true love though.
Nov 27, 2011 8:14 PM

Nov 2011
Cottonrabbit said:
yjrHanma209x said:
Cottonrabbit said:

I didn't mind being hit on if they weren't sleazy and if the guy amused me, it is true I might see him again. But clubs are pointless for that kind of flirtation as you can't talk. I just don't like the ones who think drunkenly pawing me will somehow impress me.

It wasn't a completely wasted night though. My friend met her future husband so she had a great time :) Still wouldn't recommend night clubs as a venue for finding true love though.

no place is the right place to find true love though, it's just something that happens during the course of life. A mixed group is the way to go, for girls like yourself, you'll always come across as less vulnerable, makes guys think twice before groping you.
Nov 27, 2011 8:53 PM
Nov 2011
Never throw Otakus in a club.
That's like nails and kittens.

I havn't been to a club yet legaly.(Not of age)*Cough*Doesn't mean I can't go*Cough*
But yea man, I like to go to parties, and pick up some ladies. ;)

Heres some tips for you silly squares:
☆Don't hate the music, enjoy it. Just go with it, forget about all your problems just chill.

☆Don't look like the creep just watching people, sipping on your drink. People are aware of you, and you will be sterotyped beyond belief. That means your not getting laid.

☆Try not to get too drunk, because bad things always happen. (Got arrested)

Hope I made you guise better people.
Follow me on twitter http://www.twitter/ace_purple
Like my fanpage http://www.facebook.com/PandoraBro
Thank you. <3
Nov 27, 2011 9:12 PM
Jul 2018
dont like loud music, dont like to dance, dont drink, wtf would I do in a club? I'd rather spend the night with my friends chilling somewhere else
Dec 18, 2013 12:04 PM
Dec 2013
Dec 18, 2013 12:22 PM

Jan 2012
^ WTF! NECRO! DAMMIT YOU!

And since the thread is back up here anyway:
I can't have fun at clubs either. I get the impression that it's something you can only enjoy while wasted, and since I don't want to get wasted, I don't enjoy it.
I'm sure OP's right about a good portion of people there just pretending to like it because they think it's the 'in' thing.
Dec 18, 2013 12:32 PM

Jan 2011
JonyJC said:
You can have conversations in some nicer clubs, but its usually a dirty place for mating.

Yeah!!! 2011 JonyJC in tha house.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.