Oct 13, 2011 10:12 AM

Jun 2008
Personally I would give it 8
Oct 13, 2011 10:33 AM
Sep 2009
I'd give it an 8 as well.
Oct 13, 2011 11:46 AM

Nov 2008
I give it a 9 with or without, because I really like it, and I really don't mind the fillers at all.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Oct 13, 2011 11:49 AM

Aug 2011
Atleast a 7. For Shippuuden. Classic would probably get an 8.
Oct 13, 2011 4:01 PM

Jun 2008
The same (6/10).....The main characters (Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura) are absolutely unbearable and drag the story down.

I say all of this because I DON'T rate down shounen because of fillers.....in fact I've NEVER done that.

As much as I hate fillers, I completely understand why they are needed and I don't bitch about it the way 99% of anime fans do...
Oct 13, 2011 4:55 PM

May 2009
JustALEX said:
The same (6/10).....The main characters (Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura) are absolutely unbearable and drag the story down.
I say all of this because I DON'T rate down shounen because of fillers.....in fact I've NEVER done that.
As much as I hate fillers, I completely understand why they are needed and I don't bitch about it the way 99% of anime fans do...

YES!!!!
except that I rated both of them 10
Oct 13, 2011 5:49 PM

Mar 2009
I overlook the fillers for the most part- their not worth adding to that equation for me, So I rated it a 10.
Without the fillers or with them it's still a 10 for me.
(Mostly I have personal reasons for liking the series as much as I do... so I don't expect many others to understand my view-but don't flame me for this)- ^^;
Oct 13, 2011 10:59 PM
Sep 2007
I will rate it with 10 when it finish.

Just as with One Piece, Bleach, and Fairy Tail, I love characters and setting too much.
Oct 14, 2011 3:16 AM
Aug 2011
I don't get why you would rate it differently if it had fillers or not. Just don't watch the show when it's on a filler run. The show will end up being an 8 on my list either way in the end. It's interesting enough to make me watch this much I figure it deserves at least an 8.
Oct 14, 2011 3:27 AM

May 2011
Naruto Shippuden? 6.
Mar 25, 2012 2:46 PM

Nov 2011
Why wouldn't you rate down for fillers? It's like saying ignore a bad episode, and rate it as if it didn't happen. Anime is the product of the production etc. and the manga, just because it goes off the manga material doesn't mean it's not part of the anime. Filler can be entertaining, and if they aren't, that does bring the anime down. For the people who don't read the manga, why should they distinguish between filler and not? That said, I gave Naruto a 7, because it was entertaining at the time.
Mar 25, 2012 3:25 PM

Mar 2011
Naruto 7.5
Naruto Shippuuden 7
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Mar 25, 2012 3:26 PM

Dec 2011
It would be right at the bottom of my 8s instead of right at the top of my 7s.

The first series is the one that suffers as a result of filler - many of the shippuden filler arcs were of similar standard to the main story, and fit in fairly nicely as well.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 25, 2012 4:54 PM

Jan 2012
i love naruto with or without fillers its still a 10 to me. and if the fillers are character building on the lesser focused characters i actually like them ^^
Mar 26, 2012 3:31 PM

Jul 2007
MissileSoup said:
Why wouldn't you rate down for fillers? It's like saying ignore a bad episode, and rate it as if it didn't happen. Anime is the product of the production etc. and the manga, just because it goes off the manga material doesn't mean it's not part of the anime. Filler can be entertaining, and if they aren't, that does bring the anime down. For the people who don't read the manga, why should they distinguish between filler and not? That said, I gave Naruto a 7, because it was entertaining at the time.

Because some people skip the fillers entirely and rate the canonical part of the story, adapted fromo the manga. Or some people watch both filler and manga and rate the series as a whole, you have to admit studio periot did a great job of transitioning the fillers into the manga plot, instead of creating separate arcs that don't follow the story.

Would you rate the first series of naruto bad because of its 100 episodes of filler that follow?? I sure as hell would never put that into the equation, it was just be redicilous because the story ends at that point on episode 135 and over all to me it would make for a very innacurate reading of a series that was very strong to begin with.

Mar 26, 2012 3:36 PM

Feb 2012
Mar 26, 2012 5:36 PM

Nov 2011
link9us said:
MissileSoup said:

Because some people skip the fillers entirely and rate the canonical part of the story, adapted fromo the manga. Or some people watch both filler and manga and rate the series as a whole, you have to admit studio periot did a great job of transitioning the fillers into the manga plot, instead of creating separate arcs that don't follow the story.

Would you rate the first series of naruto bad because of its 100 episodes of filler that follow?? I sure as hell would never put that into the equation, it was just be redicilous because the story ends at that point on episode 135 and over all to me it would make for a very innacurate reading of a series that was very strong to begin with.

That mindset is why they don't try creating any worthwhile fillers, and settle with mindless drivel. Like I said, there are good fillers and bad fillers. And how about addressing the problem of distinguishing filler from not? If I wanted to rate only the canonical parts of the manga, I'd rate the manga. The adaptation brings in the music, animation, and pacing, therefore fillers. Plenty of people who watch anime don't read the manga counterpart. And yes I would rate it bad for those 100 episodes (~50%), the same reason I'd rate down for 6 bad episodes in a 12 episode title.
MissileSoupMar 26, 2012 5:47 PM
Mar 27, 2012 8:25 AM

Jul 2007
MissileSoup said:
link9us said:
MissileSoup said:

That mindset is why they don't try creating any worthwhile fillers, and settle with mindless drivel. Like I said, there are good fillers and bad fillers. And how about addressing the problem of distinguishing filler from not? If I wanted to rate only the canonical parts of the manga, I'd rate the manga. The adaptation brings in the music, animation, and pacing, therefore fillers. Plenty of people who watch anime don't read the manga counterpart. And yes I would rate it bad for those 100 episodes (~50%), the same reason I'd rate down for 6 bad episodes in a 12 episode title.

Everyon has their own way of rating things. They arn't always going to be the same way you rate things. I particular rate things more critically, considering, production value, characterization, music, pacing, etc. Other people are more layed back and they just rate things for pure enjoyment, which is not a bad thing and i can completely understand the logic behind that. When i was a little kid watching anime, i didn't care bout detailed aspects of a series or development i just watched it for what it was, fun and enjoyable. Looking back watching shows like inuyasha, dbz or yes naruto when it was first aired, held such fond memories for me and i wasn't nearly as critical as i am now on how i perceive things, i wasn't into anylizing every little detail or comparing manga and anime. Some people find that annoying and take away the enjoyment of watching anime and that is completely fine.

In the case of the original naruto series, since it has 100 episodes of non stop filler. Some people just watch up to 135 and drop it from their and rate the series as a whole because they know the rest is all filler. I on the other hand have seen the 220 episodes because i watched them all as they aired and though i agree some of it can get pretty ridiculous some of those filler arcs were highly entertaining and i did enjoy them from what they were. I still gave the series high scores though because i never really factored in the rest of those fillers, i wouldn't take a series that is strong all the way up to the point of 135 and then give it very low scores like a 5, 6 or 7 just based on the rest of the canonical story being dropped and replaced with fillers all the way to the end. For me anyways the rest of the 100 episodes would be a separate rating. It is basically the same thing as the show being completely dropped, they chose to not drop it and continue the anime for obvious reasons, because of its popularity outside japan.

In most cases when their is filler thrown in between, i to take it to consideration, but naruto is the acception, cause it was basically dropped like i said and the entire rest of the series was all filler and now adays anyone watching naruto, would not even watch that filler at all, they would just skip it entirely. So their ratings are based on what they have seen, the canonical story.

In the case of naruto shippuuden, i rate it as a whole filler and manga material since periot did such a splendid job of creating a series that flows nicely with the filler and the canon story together.
ArtimesGamerMar 27, 2012 8:37 AM

Mar 27, 2012 8:36 AM

Mar 2012
with OR without the fillers it is the same fine with me, at the end of the day, don't like fillers? ignore them
10/10...
Mar 27, 2012 8:38 AM

Jul 2007
UMB said:
with OR without the fillers it is the same fine with me, at the end of the day, don't like fillers? ignore them
10/10...

Precisely I can agree with that. Why would you give a show you really enjoyed to such an extent, a low inaccurate rating just based on how the show went from manga to filler.
ArtimesGamerMar 27, 2012 8:43 AM

Mar 27, 2012 6:23 PM

Nov 2011
link9us said:
Why would you give a show you really enjoyed to such an extent, a low inaccurate rating just based on how the show went from manga to filler.

Didn't you just answer your own question:
link9us said:
Everyon has their own way of rating things.

Works both ways.

But regardless of how someone rates something, fillers are part of the anime. You can't justify why everyone else should rate while ignoring fillers, and that was the point of my original post. I wasn't trying to justify rating with fillers as much as opposing people who said it's logical to ignore them. I can't really respond to the rest of your response as you didn't address any of my points. i.e. the average watcher distinguishing filler from not. I said nothing about lowering rating just because it's filler, but the quality of fillers.

Then again, this is the Naruto sub-forum, so I suppose the validity of my points is irrelevant to its active followers.
MissileSoupMar 27, 2012 6:41 PM
Mar 28, 2012 2:12 AM

Jul 2007
MissileSoup said:
link9us said:
Why would you give a show you really enjoyed to such an extent, a low inaccurate rating just based on how the show went from manga to filler.

Didn't you just answer your own question:
link9us said:
Everyon has their own way of rating things.

Works both ways.

But regardless of how someone rates something, fillers are part of the anime. You can't justify why everyone else should rate while ignoring fillers, and that was the point of my original post. I wasn't trying to justify rating with fillers as much as opposing people who said it's logical to ignore them. I can't really respond to the rest of your response as you didn't address any of my points. i.e. the average watcher distinguishing filler from not. I said nothing about lowering rating just because it's filler, but the quality of fillers.

Then again, this is the Naruto sub-forum, so I suppose the validity of my points is irrelevant to its active followers.

This is just a guess, but i bet your one of those guys that likes to shove their own views and opinions down thier throat. Like you think everyone is redicilous because thier rating standards are different, like i said some people don't give a shit bout production quality and just watch it out of pure enjoyment, I respect anyone's views and opinions, i may not dissagree with it, but i don't try to create an argument based on the fanbase on how they rate things are not up to "your" standards on how you precieve it, but of course you have to make your opinionated acquisitions to try and back up your own argument and you try to change other's views to meet your own. I can't stand people that do that, its annoying as hell.

Plus you can't agree on anything and i didn't miss your points in the post, i know full well what your taking bout but its pointless to continue this rabble.

"Then again, this is the Naruto sub-forum, so I suppose the validity of my points is irrelevant to its active followers."

Then if your not an actively following the series, why the hell would you come on her and create posts like that.

I may of came off a little strong, but im not the only one that would reply to that post of yours and try defend your argument.
ArtimesGamerMar 28, 2012 2:32 AM

Mar 28, 2012 2:19 AM

Sep 2010
MissileSoup said:

But regardless of how someone rates something, fillers are part of the anime. You can't justify why everyone else should rate while ignoring fillers, and that was the point of my original post. I wasn't trying to justify rating with fillers as much as opposing people who said it's logical to ignore them.

You are aware of the people that actively try to avoid the fillers in Naruto right? If any of them were to rate what they've seen on MAL then the hypothetical idea behind this thread would be reality for them, unless you are saying those sort of people should rate content they never saw in the first place. If it is true that the filler can negatively effect the overall rating of the show then it is perfectly logical that some would want to completely skip the filler or raise the topic of what score people would give if they had never seen the filler.

Mar 28, 2012 8:01 AM

Feb 2010
Mar 28, 2012 12:30 PM

Nov 2011
Anime_Name said:

You are aware of the people that actively try to avoid the fillers in Naruto right? If any of them were to rate what they've seen on MAL then the hypothetical idea behind this thread would be reality for them, unless you are saying those sort of people should rate content they never saw in the first place. If it is true that the filler can negatively effect the overall rating of the show then it is perfectly logical that some would want to completely skip the filler or raise the topic of what score people would give if they had never seen the filler.

I wasn't questioning the topic, but the people who claim there is no reason to rate it with fillers. I don't have any problems with the topic itself.

To the other person, I merely presented the other side of the opinion, and all of a sudden I am forcing my opinions? What I said was no more assertive than you and many others trying to claim fillers should be overlooked. All of your criticisms apply to yourself. I would gladly accept what you're trying to say, if you had actually answered any of my questions. But all you're doing is quoting me and going off on a tangent. Why do I need to actively follow Naruto to answer this topic? I have seen it and can form my opinion, which you can't seem to accept, but fail to give a valid reason. You are right, this is ridiculous. More specifically, your hypocrisy. I'd receive better counter arguments and reason from a wall.

And I never said anything bad about the fan base, so how am I starting an argument with them? You seem to misunderstand something, or from the looks of it, everything.
MissileSoupMar 28, 2012 4:24 PM
Mar 28, 2012 1:39 PM

Oct 2008
The fillers in the first series were fine because you could just skip them, leaving the canon parts fast paced and exciting. But with Shippuden they try to drag out the canon parts with excessive flashbacks and re-iterating everything they possibly can to stall for time. It turns what could be an awesome 26 episode stretch into a boring 45 episode slog. And that is the kind of filler that you can't just skip.
Mar 29, 2012 4:23 AM

Mar 2012
I AM rating it w/o fillers...which is 6/10
If I counted fillers it'd be 0-1
End Zionazism
Mar 29, 2012 5:29 AM

Apr 2011
Definitely 8/10.
Mar 29, 2012 5:42 AM

Jun 2007
MissileSoup said:

I don't read the manga and it's quite obvious which episodes are fillers and which aren't... Naruto fillers are crap, therefore I gave Naruto Shippuuden a 7, without fillers, probably a 9, same with Bleach.
Mar 29, 2012 7:40 AM

Jul 2008
IndecisiveRattle said:
The fillers in the first series were fine because you could just skip them, leaving the canon parts fast paced and exciting. But with Shippuden they try to drag out the canon parts with excessive flashbacks and re-iterating everything they possibly can to stall for time. It turns what could be an awesome 26 episode stretch into a boring 45 episode slog. And that is the kind of filler that you can't just skip.

QFT. They have really failed with shippuuden, especially the first 50 something episodes were horrible compared to the original series.
May 10, 2012 7:52 PM
Jun 2008
without fillers
naruto 7
shippuuden 8

and I feel like I'm a bit overrating it.
May 17, 2012 1:20 AM

Jan 2011
Still 8. I don't watch fillers so I don't really care. Raging people in MAL are my source of knowing whether the episode is filler or not. Well, it's just human's nature of wanting their thought known to others.

JustALEX said:
...I don't bitch about it the way 99% of anime fans do...
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Sep 20, 2012 8:25 AM

Sep 2012
Sep 20, 2012 8:34 AM
Mar 2012
maybe 1 point higher, since I just skip the fillers but it's a pain to wait for them to end
Sep 20, 2012 8:52 AM

Nov 2010
I would rate it a 9, but I already rate it a 9. Naruto Shippuden is not good enough to be a 10 and too good to be a 8. Even if I take out the fillers it would still not be good enough to go to a higher score, but I probably would enjoy it more.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 372 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aiko_Hiroshi - Aug 14, 2014

178 by Lukas_AAW »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 370 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aiko_Hiroshi - Jul 31, 2014

123 by Lukas_AAW »»
7 hours ago

» who's the best waifu? (ending the debate once and for all)

FruitPunchBaka - May 6

41 by aroberts »»
Today, 6:48 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 53 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Apr 3, 2008

53 by natsuyah »»
May 10, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 249 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bloodybeast - Feb 9, 2012

125 by hhiwtd »»
May 10, 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.