Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2008 9:32 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nao's dreams were a bit trippy. So being a wind manipulator also doubles as a weather forecaster?

Ryoko's expression during the movie was priceless

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 15, 2010 5:25 AM
May 2010
this was the best yet, trippy and lol funny
May 6, 2013 8:53 PM

Jan 2013
Aug 6, 2014 8:37 AM

Nov 2013
The girls' reactions during the movie were brilliant. I'm always impressed at how expressive the characters' faces are, despite their very simple designs.

It looks like each the girls' dreams illustrated how they would react to the snowfall. Ryoko remains in her bed, and Nao goes outside and takes pictures of the sky, both of which essentially happened in their dreams. Finally, Miki's dream (which is conveniently posted above) showed Jun approaching her and giving her a kiss; sure enough, the last scene shows Jun heading toward her place. Influenced by their personalities and experiences, everyone had a different response to the snow.

Personally, I would have done the same as Ryoko!
Mar 24, 2015 6:51 PM

Oct 2012
I love how this show depicts snow, so pretty.
The connected dreams matching their personalities was cool as well and yeah, Miki's dream was really quite something.
Apr 24, 2018 7:29 AM

Mar 2016
Re-watching: I love how Ryoko is the one who brings up the 'scary' dream, yet she seems to be the most childish.
Dec 29, 2018 1:34 AM

Aug 2015
The face game in this episode is on point

I wish I had dreams like Nao's.
Aug 1, 2021 7:53 PM
Dec 2019
It's one of the most beautiful depictions of snow I've seen in animation; the hue of grey that they use for the sky is perfectly chosen to capture the emotion of a snowy day. This episode is the prime example of this show being extremely mundane in its events but extremely artistic in its presentation, as Kenji Kawaii's music once again does the heavy lifting.

While watching I was thinking about how the message was the most obvious this time around but after reading Tien's comment I'm considering if I overthought it.

I thought that the changing of season and the end of the semester was paralleling the end of a chapter of childhood in the girls' lives. Looking at yourself in the mirror and seeing yourself in pajamas even though you're already dressed? Seems like a metaphor for time passing you by even though you still feel like a child. Looking at the earth from the moon? Seems like arriving at an unknown place while looking back at home, with home being childhood. Miki's dream could be something about still looking forward to the future and the joy of the next season.
Nov 1, 2021 2:06 AM

Apr 2019
That episode was very good. The idea of using a weather forecast with the supernatural involving the wind was really well used.
Professor Taiki mentions if they also dreamt about something, that probably at this time of the year those who control the wind have a dream about the weather (although at the end of the year in anime there is usually snow haha).
May 13, 2022 5:51 PM

Jul 2019
I don't remember too much (lost attention), but I did like the trippiness to it. Seems like there was a ton of fun here. Even in the snow :o
Feb 10, 2023 8:58 PM

Sep 2020
Really good one, I really liked all Nao's "cat invasion" doom & gloom from the previews. And that movie scene was the best!

Theme has to be "cooling/chilling."
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Feb 13, 2023 12:18 PM

Aug 2017
Colored snow :3

It was a pleasure to see Shinya Ohira's bit of animation too
Jan 16, 7:44 AM

Mar 2018
Reply to Recynon
It's one of the most beautiful depictions of snow I've seen in animation; the hue of grey that they use for the sky is perfectly chosen to capture the emotion of a snowy day. This episode is the prime example of this show being extremely mundane in its events but extremely artistic in its presentation, as Kenji Kawaii's music once again does the heavy lifting.

While watching I was thinking about how the message was the most obvious this time around but after reading Tien's comment I'm considering if I overthought it.

I thought that the changing of season and the end of the semester was paralleling the end of a chapter of childhood in the girls' lives. Looking at yourself in the mirror and seeing yourself in pajamas even though you're already dressed? Seems like a metaphor for time passing you by even though you still feel like a child. Looking at the earth from the moon? Seems like arriving at an unknown place while looking back at home, with home being childhood. Miki's dream could be something about still looking forward to the future and the joy of the next season.
Recynon said:

i interpreted it more literally, but the way you saw it makes sense! especially considering how most of the other episodes have some subtle messaging too ^^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Windy Tales Episode 13 Discussion

tainteddonut - Jul 24, 2008

20 by ManuelFragment »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:37 PM

Poll: » Windy Tales Episode 1 Discussion

tainteddonut - Jun 29, 2008

26 by Bebop_the_Bear »»
Apr 11, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Windy Tales Episode 9 Discussion

tainteddonut - Jul 11, 2008

15 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 10, 2023 8:50 PM

Poll: » Windy Tales Episode 8 Discussion

tainteddonut - Jul 10, 2008

13 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 10, 2023 8:43 PM

Poll: » Windy Tales Episode 7 Discussion

tainteddonut - Jul 9, 2008

10 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 10, 2023 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.