Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2011 10:49 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol.
Jan 30, 2012 5:30 PM

Jun 2010
Epitomizes the way things are written in this series; Usagi wins for no reason because the story requires it.
Jul 8, 2012 3:07 PM

Jan 2011
I loved seeing Michiru holding Hotaru with Haruka. I thought they would look really cute together as a happy family.
It's also expected that Uranus/Neptune would lose against Sailor Moon. She's the most powerful scout of them all, it's her destiny to be. Their reasoning for fighting her was to just see if she was the real Messiah, which is Neo Queen Serenity. Since she was, that's why they bowed at her feet and left Tokyo feeling as though they accomplished their mission.
Feb 11, 2014 2:10 PM
Mar 2013
I've been waiting for this episode for a while. Serena is great at dodging and evading enemy moves. Must be all the running away from the previous seasons ^_^

Aww poor Rini. The Hotaru she made friends with is long gone. Ah well, baby Hotaru is really cute <3 And it's great to see her with Dr.Tomoe again. That's exactly where she belongs. Sorry Michiru :P

Onto my favorite scene: Uranus and Neptune vs. Sailor Moon! It wasn't as long as I would've hoped but I enjoyed it!

Great episode. I'm sad that this season is almost over ;_;
Mar 28, 2014 11:52 PM
Aug 2013
I really enjoyed the fight between Usagi & Haruka and Michiru.
so happy that Pluto is still alive ^^
and was it necessary for Haruka & Michiru to leave, couldn't they just stay with the others ?!! :(
Apr 29, 2014 5:31 AM

Jun 2010
Hotaru is actually a baby now? Gah!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2014 11:32 PM

Jul 2008
Hotaru was the kid? Well that sucks for her. If only Uranus and Neptune weren't so thick headed though.
Jun 28, 2014 1:35 AM

Apr 2010
Why do I always cry on the last episodes of each series? So touching. ;w;
Jul 18, 2017 7:44 AM
Nov 2015
Don't really understand the purpose of this fight. If Michiru and Haruka want to impart something about maturity in Usagi, that totally fails. In the end her idealism is asserted even more.

Too bad, that's all of Michiru and Haruka. They had such potential. The 2nd half is not kind to them.
Jul 18, 2017 7:49 AM
Nov 2015
Good for Professor Tomoe. I like him, very much.
But too bad his end is not really satisfactory. Just got a Daimohn inside of him, and once it's out, he's fine again. I actually wish him to be the big boss. Getting a villain we know from the start to be the final boss is much much better than an ambivalent, last minute, talking evil planet.
Feb 19, 2018 3:50 PM
Aug 2014
I for one am glad that we (hopefully) won't be seeing much of Michiru and Haruka in the future, they really dragged this season down for me.
Aug 10, 2018 4:23 PM

Aug 2007
Damn, Uranus and Neptune are my favorite thing about this series! haha

Nov 10, 2018 5:44 AM

Mar 2017
So let me get this straight.

These two are willing to brutally murder a teenage girl in cold blood by pinning her to the concrete floor and fucking curbstomping her, just because she took a big risk? Even though it all worked out in the end and she literally saved the world? MULTIPLE times for that matter, in the past, presence and future? And they know she will be the mother of a child, so they'd be willing to kill Chibiusa by proxy as well. And I know it's "just" because they wanted to test her, whether she was the "real messiah". But what if she wasn't? I can't believe people are able to defend their actions, Uranus and Neptune may be "cool and edgy" and have their great moments, but ultimately they are evil themselves.

Anyway, even besides that the episode was kinda slow and not all that important. I guess it's cool to see Hotaru be reincarnated as a baby. Though one has to wonder how the doc explains that his daughter is suddenly a baby again to the authorities. Maybe he'll report her as missing and adopt this "new" Hotaru?
Jun 11, 2019 11:36 AM
Jun 2016
Sailor Moon S:

Starts out with ChibiUsa being younger than Hotaru.

Ends with ChibiUsa being older than Hotaru.

BOOK-ENDS.

Anyways, we get to see the Outer Senshi fighting their Inner counterparts. I guess I was kind of expecting this earlier this season, but not really. Just a few conflicts here and there, but after that, I wasn't really expecting something like this. Since to be fair, the trope where magical girls actually fight each other is relatively rare in this genre (with the exception of subversions of the said genre).

The scene where Usagi was dodging Haruka's attacks reminded me of PreCure. The Outer Senshi has a point, but it was still satisfying to see Usagi defeat them. Them bowing down made me think: "Wait, that's it?" But yeah, I guess it wouldn't been fitting if say, Usagi decides to beat them with some powerful beam or something, lol.

So we were right all along. Usagi is the messiah. But that was too cliched so when Hotaru was introduced we shifted our suspicions unto her instead.
Jun 11, 2019 11:39 AM
Jun 2016
Sean_Nessman said:
If Michiru and Haruka want to impart something about maturity in Usagi, that totally fails. In the end her idealism is asserted even more.

Yeah, agreed. I mean, the Outer Senshi has a point. Even if you're cynical like them, it's still satisfying to see them wrong as Usagi proves it to their face. Lol.
Jun 11, 2019 11:47 AM
Jun 2016
cptlee39 said:
And they know she will be the mother of a child, so they'd be willing to kill Chibiusa by proxy as well. And I know it's "just" because they wanted to test her, whether she was the "real messiah". But what if she wasn't? I can't believe people are able to defend their actions, Uranus and Neptune may be "cool and edgy" and have their great moments, but ultimately they are evil themselves.

I think people defend them because they forget some of these details. They do have a point. Just they were jerks to the Inner Senshi and they've lacked communication (i.e. I think talking things out could have solved some of their problems, but that would have been boring and the Inner Senshi might have been stubborn, maybe). The anime kind of stretches and I also watch a lot of other stuff so I guess I'm kind of included in the people who forget some of the details. Like, were they really testing Usagi? Did they know that she's the messiah all along? There's also the question of did they know that Usagi saved the world multiple times and that she's ChibiUsa's daughter? The Outer Senshi weren't shown in the flashbacks before (mostly because I think they weren't made by the author before or something), but I guess it could be implied that they knew?
Aug 24, 2019 6:45 AM

Aug 2008
For a brief moment I thought they were about to throw the baby into the ocean and call it a day.
Dec 26, 2019 8:04 AM

Jun 2015
__amaterasu__ said:
I really enjoyed the fight between Usagi & Haruka and Michiru.
so happy that Pluto is still alive ^^
and was it necessary for Haruka & Michiru to leave, couldn't they just stay with the others ?!! :(

Yes, their place is within outer solar system
Jan 23, 2021 2:54 PM

Nov 2016
Another good thing about this season is the extended aftermath/epilogue.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 19, 2021 9:23 PM

Dec 2020
I loved the powers, looks and talents of the outer guardians! Too bad they couldn’t make the inner ones as cool. Even though the 2nd half wasn’t as kind to them, I still have a crush on Haruka
Mar 22, 2022 12:05 PM

Sep 2020
Damn hotaru is a baby now, man uranus and neptune made this season so good
Jan 20, 2023 5:27 AM

Mar 2020
On the one hand, everything after defeating Phadoah 90 has been unnecessary, but i get ending with the battle with Haruka and Michiru on a thematic level because so much of the show was about the conflict between their cynicism and Usagi's idealism. Good to see that Hotaru and Pluto survived too

Oct 31, 2023 4:32 PM

Feb 2020
uranus and neptune were definitely necessary additions yeah "
imagine how this would be like without them lol a bit less interesting

Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM
Jan 2018
I guess I was incorrect in the last post. There really are no consequences for selfishness. I suppose I was foolish for thinking otherwise.

As a wrap up episode this was nice, even if I felt things were wrapped up too neatly. I really wished I could have watched this anime as a kid, like the story intended. All the expectations would melt away at the relief of a happy ending for everyone but Kaolinite and Eudial.

In the end, this anime was definitely worth my time. Judging on what its supposed to be and not what it could be, I would give it an 8 out 10. Without skipping all those filler episodes, I might have even given it a 9 out of 10. But no anime with fillers will ever score above an 8 in my book. Unless all the filler episodes are fire.

Alongside Saint Seiya's OVA finale ending, I jumped into this anime with only cursory knowledge and vague memories of Serena and Sailor Moon from my childhood. For me, I found that not really knowing the backstory didn't significantly affect my viewing of this anime. That and I'm not giving 100s of episodes up for an anime full of filler and nonsense. That being said, Usagi deserves her spot up there with the anime and manga greats.

The fact that she shoulder checked Eudial with no powers was super impressive. Even more so with the previous episode showing Eudial trivializing Usagi's strongest attack. Bravery is going into battle even when you stand no chance. The Crisis Make Up scene was also well done, even if it was just another power of friendship scene. Maybe we should hold our power of friendship scenes to a higher standard.

I checked out an episode of Sailor Moon Crystal and the animation definitely ain't it. With the changes coming up for the next season as far as animation and different directors, I have no intention of continuing the OG Sailor Moon anime past here. I think it's time I finally get on the Utena train and see if it can meet the hype. This anime certainly did.

Also, some of this OST is going in my manga background music playlist.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 13 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 20, 2009

30 by Yes_that »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 36 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

25 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 35 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

19 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 34 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 22, 2009

20 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.