Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 17, 2011 5:01 AM

Feb 2010
It was not in the first season though. Why?
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Sep 17, 2011 9:06 AM

Jul 2011
probably mistake , i have read novel and there's no any harem in it , it should be romance instead.
Sep 17, 2011 9:15 AM

May 2007
Not to mention "Comedy and Super Power." The first season was tagged as "Mystery, Romance, Supernatural" so why the changes?
Sep 17, 2011 7:10 PM

Aug 2009
There is certain group called 'Araragi Harem', consist of Tsun but no-dere Hitagi, Final Boss Nadekho, Wifu Shinobu, nyan nyan Hanekawa, bro-con fire sisters, talk-talk-talk Mayoi and pervert Suruga. However, since Ararararagi already chose her girl friend, this so called 'harem' is already vague in terms of existence.

However, since Araragi is siscon, fire sisters will... (*cough)
Oct 17, 2011 10:34 PM

Jan 2011
i don't really know why. unless koyomi or one of the fire sisters develop a sibling complex then sure.
but he already chose senjougahara as his girlfriend and hes faithfull to her. (if he wasn't u should know what happens lol) so that makes the "harem" tag kinda placed wrong.
this is my god damn signature.
Oct 18, 2011 2:23 AM

May 2011
Steins;Gate is more harem than this.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 1, 2011 7:50 PM

Feb 2010
ringoo4 said:
However, since Ararararagi already chose her girl friend, this so called 'harem' is already vague in terms of existence.
I don't think so, if that's the truth then most anime(s) with Harem tag will be removed (except for those HAREM endings, eg. shuffle).
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Nov 2, 2011 7:36 AM
Dec 2010
I just hope romance will remain in there, if it needs to be harem, don't mind but if it's gonna be only harem without romance i'm gonna pass on this one :P
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Nov 5, 2011 8:39 AM

Apr 2011
Well, the first season is harem afterall
Nov 7, 2011 5:52 AM
Aug 2008
ringoo4 said:
There is certain group called 'Araragi Harem', consist of Tsun but no-dere Hitagi, Final Boss Nadekho, Wifu Shinobu, nyan nyan Hanekawa, bro-con fire sisters, talk-talk-talk Mayoi and pervert Suruga. However, since Ararararagi already chose her girl friend, this so called 'harem' is already vague in terms of existence.

However, since Araragi is siscon, fire sisters will... (*cough)

suruga can't really be counted as harem since she's a lesbo
Nov 12, 2011 2:54 AM

Aug 2009
Cashdaxxx said:
ringoo4 said:
However, since Ararararagi already chose her girl friend, this so called 'harem' is already vague in terms of existence.
I don't think so, if that's the truth then most anime(s) with Harem tag will be removed (except for those HAREM endings, eg. shuffle).
'vague'. Even from the start, Araragi's only possible choice of girl friend was Shenjougahara Hitagi. It already lost its merit as being Harem, since Harem usually comes from protagonist who is indecisive, ordinary and not choosing any heroine from the start.
Nov 13, 2011 9:43 AM

Feb 2010
ringoo4 said:
Cashdaxxx said:
ringoo4 said:
'vague'. Even from the start, Araragi's only possible choice of girl friend was Shenjougahara Hitagi. It already lost its merit as being Harem, since Harem usually comes from protagonist who is indecisive, ordinary and not choosing any heroine from the start.
Now I got the point. Thanks.

Nov 23, 2011 9:04 PM

Jul 2010
Karhu said:

Rukako is still a guy, its not a harem :P
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Nov 23, 2011 9:10 PM

Dec 2010
zansabarshadow said:
Karhu said:

Rukako is still a guy, its not a harem :P
Are you saying you can't have guys in your harem?
Nov 27, 2011 1:14 PM

Feb 2008
I like how nobody thought of reporting this in the anime modifications thread :|

Anyway, removed harem from the anime and the manga.
Nov 29, 2011 5:38 AM

Nov 2010
kuroshiroi said:
I like how nobody thought of reporting this in the anime modifications thread :|

Wait that's how you change stuff like that? Why the two systems?
Nov 29, 2011 5:41 AM

Jan 2010
harem or not, i still want to watch it
Dec 3, 2011 5:16 AM

Feb 2010
kuroshiroi said:

Even if we will, we can't. There's no "genre" option in the "Edit Anime Information".
EDIT: ow okay, it's on the Forums.

Dec 7, 2011 9:54 AM

Jun 2010
Technically, it is a harem... Just because he's not wanting to do every single girl in his harem, it's still a harem. Hell, even a lesbian has practically fallen for him. Being that there are only two, no... three if you count Hitagi's dad... male characters and the rest of them are female: it's a harem.
Dec 15, 2011 6:32 AM

Oct 2010
hmmm, hopefully it should still be good even though the tag has been taken down.
Dec 25, 2011 12:15 AM

Jan 2011
Cashdaxxx said:
ringoo4 said:

Shuffle had a chosen girl ending.
Dec 25, 2011 8:45 AM

Feb 2010
highfyrebright said:
Cashdaxxx said:
ringoo4 said:

Yeah, with the whole pack beside him.

Dec 27, 2011 12:05 PM

May 2011
icantfeelmyarms said:
Technically, it is a harem... Just because he's not wanting to do every single girl in his harem, it's still a harem. Hell, even a lesbian has practically fallen for him. Being that there are only two, no... three if you count Hitagi's dad... male characters and the rest of them are female: it's a harem.

I don't really see this as a harem as much as it's two conflicting intertwined love triangles. Yes, Lesbo Kanbaru offered herself to Koyomi, but it was merely a pretense for Koyomi to give up on Hitagi so Kanbaru could be with her instead. Later in the same episode, Kanbaru's true desires showed itself as her demon form tried to eviscerate Koyomi.

Tsubasa, Koyomi, and Hitagi is the classic love triangle.

Sengoku and Mayoi seem to be merely Imouto types. Though you could argue that Sengoku does seem to harbor some affection towards Koyomi.

I'm not sure what Shinobu is. It seems she's merely the remaining remnant of a former vampire that is merely a tool for Koyomi.

See, I'd rather look at it that way then just saying "yep, it's a harem". Because when you think of harems you think of ecchi comedies where the stupid protagonist plays dumb while 5/6 cliched women chase him around chanting "I will not lose".
Dec 28, 2011 12:37 AM

Aug 2009
highfyrebright said:
Cashdaxxx said:
ringoo4 said:

The thing important is 'from the start'. Araragi had Senjougahara as girl friend since episode 5. When the word 'Araragi Harem' itself is mentioned in the novel as a word, it is still 'imaginary' in terms of existence.

I don't deny characters have sorta harem relationship, having a single vampire siscon boy and bunch other girls around. The problem is, you won't be able to see the things you normally expect from regular harem from other series. That's the thing.
ringoo4Dec 28, 2011 12:51 AM
Dec 28, 2011 12:46 AM

Dec 2010
Could be a mistake... but I mean, he IS surrounded by girls. Whether there are romantic innuendos for each of the heroines is the real question.

Jan 2, 2012 6:04 PM

Aug 2008
I'm pretty sure the conversation between Koyomi and Black Hanekawa in ep15 about the vampire's "charm" took a shot at Bake being a harem.
Jan 4, 2012 12:08 AM

Feb 2009
Karhu said:
Jan 8, 2012 7:17 AM

Jan 2011
Well now, thanks to this topic, every show I watch makes me think of harems. Every. Single. One.
Jan 8, 2012 11:37 AM

Mar 2008
Deconstruction of the harem genre.

But in all seriousness, I think
GaZsTiC said:

>Bakemonogatari
>not a harem

Just because the MC actually picks a girl, doesn't stop it from being a show about a guy lusted after by several chicks.

and

ringoo4 said:

I don't deny characters have sorta harem relationship, having a single vampire siscon boy and bunch other girls around. The problem is, you won't be able to see the things you normally expect from regular harem from other series. That's the thing.

have got the right idea. Bakemonogatari is a harem that's just a bit different from most other harems you see.
AyaneruIsMyWaifuJan 8, 2012 11:40 AM

Jan 9, 2012 3:11 PM

Sep 2011
nextday said:
Bakemonogatari had a harem ending. If anything, the harem tag should be moved from Nise to Bake.

Ugh, people, stop using harem ending the phrase!

There's a difference betweeen "harem ending" and "no decision" ending, and Bakemonogatari was CERTAINLY not a harem end
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 11, 2012 12:30 AM

Feb 2010
^Counter this.

edited due to errr.. derp.
CashdaxJan 12, 2012 2:43 AM

Jan 11, 2012 1:13 AM

Jan 2011
Cashdaxxx said:
http://static.zerochan.net/full/47/16/270847.jpg

^Counter this.

For shame, a direct link. Nise is playing up the lolis for sure though.
Jan 11, 2012 4:33 PM
Jul 2010
I'd consider it borderline Harem, considering more or less every female character is/have been after araragi. I just don't think it's explicitly developed enough to have the tag though. Also, Kanbaru is magic.
Feb 26, 2012 3:44 PM
Jan 2012
This isn't a traditional Harem since it's deeper than most when it comes to romance, but it still should be classified as one due to the number of lovers. Hitagi seems to be the winner (I haven't read far enough in the novels). Sengoku and Tsubasa have loved Koyomi since before Bakemonogatari. That's 3 main lovers. Then there's the supporting Harem that includes Shinobu (read it on baka-tsuki or wait for the movie if you want to understand her willingness), Mayoi (she likes to be sexually harassed, but it's much less romantic and much more of being her only friend), Suruga who has no problems doing things to Koyomi (but in love with Hitagi. She knows the most about the harem), Karen (newest episode HEAVILY implies it). Harem. It wasn't done on an ecchi in Bakemongatari compared to Nise though (Karen and Shinobu).

Aside from all that, just looking at how many Harem series that aren't tagged as Harem on this website it doesn't actually matter. It seems like some people only consider it Harem if the girls physically fight over the person or have a Shana tsundere.
Feb 26, 2012 6:14 PM

May 2010
Cashdaxxx said:
ringoo4 said:

the shuffle anime didnt really have a harem ending though lol
Mar 7, 2012 1:06 AM
Jun 2009
Harem tag needs to be put back in.

He's like the only guy in the series. The other two guys are middle-aged, play a supporting role, and have left the series already.

All the girls clearly have feelings for him. Even his sisters.

To not call it a harem is misleading.
Mar 14, 2012 2:22 AM

Jul 2009
Incest tag needs to be put in.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2015 5:25 AM

Nov 2013
Wincest tag, dat sleazy bastard stole both his sisters first kisses, now he should marry them both lol

Actually most anime harems aren't harems really, Zero no Tsukaima, Nyan Koi, Mahouka or OreImo for example, people call it harems but there is always main girl and other girls have no chance no matter what fanbase think. Even canonical harem Infinite Stratos isn't harem for that matter, because there is Houki and he doesn't even understand that he has harem and doesn't love any of them.
High School DxD - Rias, Date A Live - Tohka, Mayo Chiki - Subaru, all harems I know have canon love interest more or less. It depends on what couple do you like, if it's gahara x araragi then you don't like when someone calls it harem, and if you ship other couple then you like to call it harem, it's simple lol
tsundereharasserNov 15, 2016 9:57 AM
Jun 8, 2021 3:50 PM
Jul 2013
Cashdax said:
ringoo4 said:
Now I got the point. Thanks.

I see a point with the Harem Tag... As Araragi said in Episode 9 to Hajiguji

Im dating Senjougahara and I love Hanekawa, but I Plan to marry you.
"We are all MAD here"
Alice in Wonderland
Jun 18, 2021 6:47 AM
Apr 2019
Well harem tag has been removed. Thanks to all MAL modmins

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

755 by decco6226 »»
Apr 22, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akiyama - Jan 21, 2012

261 by decco6226 »»
Apr 21, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Jan 14, 2012

348 by Ken_9 »»
Mar 15, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Mar 17, 2012

414 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 10, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2012

247 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 5, 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.