Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2011 4:38 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Codename: Sailor V, Volume 1 came in the mail yesterday! So excited about the English release.

Sep 18, 2011 8:24 AM
Mar 2011
I loved this first chapter! I think Kodansha did a great job with the translation. <3
Nov 26, 2011 7:22 AM

May 2009
I like the manga but It feels like it could have had a little bit more something to it i mean it just feels a lil blah. I started reading the sailormoon one to that recently came out im waiting for the 2nd book to come out the cover has sailor mecury i believe.
Jul 7, 2014 6:17 AM

Jun 2009
It was okay, I know the Sailor Moon anime portrays it this way, but Minako is really similar to Usagi I think. Just more athletic, I guess.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 17, 2016 8:27 PM

Aug 2013
Minako the prototype Usagi, which isn't a bad thing I guess since I like Usagi quite a bit.
Jun 1, 2017 12:23 PM
Jun 2017
I think the main difference between Minako and Usagi is the fact that Minako is more brash and tomboyish, whereas Usagi was ditzy in a cute, princess-y way. Which makes sense, obviously. ;P

Though, when I was reading the first chapter to Sailor V, I couldn't help what wonder what the original plan for the story was going to be, before Sailor Moon became a thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Naoko wrote the first two chapters of Sailor V before she started working on Sailor Moon, right? There are some things in Sailor V that make sense in the context of the rest of the series, that wouldn't really make as much sense if Sailor Moon didn't happen, such as how Minako's transformation phrase is "Moon Power", yet she's the princess of Venus. Assuming Sailor Moon wasn't already in the works, I do wonder if there were any alternate plans for the storyline that got dummied out later. I think that would've been cool!

Anyway, I thought this was a pretty good first chapter! It established Minako's personality pretty well... And also, I just love Artemis. The scene when he first spoke to Minako was just golden.
Apr 12, 2021 4:27 PM

Aug 2017
Artemis is a male cat? Oh.

The transformation scene was rather funny. "I'm getting so wet", lol. So apparently transforming into a magical girl makes you go through a shower experience :thinking:
Apr 16, 2021 8:46 AM

Dec 2015
Minako was always my favourite girl (without consideration for the nature, where Ami was the winner obviously).
A very nice start.

Enjoyment: 4/5 Too bad it didn't get an "eternal" edition too. (The small manga pale compared to the Sailor Moon put in the same place.)

St0rmblade said:
Transforming into a magical girl makes you go through a shower experience :thinking:

?? What are you even thinking?
Mar 9, 12:02 PM
May 2018
The "original" sailor soldier of justice...
It was a good first chapter, it's sometimes obvious the aspect that would stay for Sailor Moon.
Mar 9, 12:03 PM
May 2018
It was a good first chapter, it's sometimes obvious the aspect that would stay for Sailor Moon.
Mar 9, 12:03 PM
May 2018

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Name wa Sailor V Chapter 15 + 16 Discussion

Mana - Jan 21, 2016

6 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 11, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Codename wa Sailor V Chapter 14 Discussion

witchwings - Jul 8, 2013

3 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 11, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Code Name wa Sailor V Chapter 13 Discussion

Mana - Jan 21, 2016

4 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 11, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Codename wa Sailor V Chapter 12 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jul 19, 2014

4 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 11, 9:30 AM

Poll: » Code Name wa Sailor V Chapter 11 Discussion

Mana - Jan 21, 2016

3 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 11, 9:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.