Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2009 1:25 PM

Apr 2009
Marxist said:
Overrated: Chaos;Head

No. It's rating is, imo, the most accurate rating on the site (except, maybe, Mars of Destruction). It's quite low due to the crappiness of the last half (or whatever point where they start better explaining the plot), but not incredibly so due to the excellence of the first few episodes.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Sep 26, 2009 1:32 PM

Sep 2009
Jarez0 said:
Elilu said:
Jarez0 said:
Elilu said:
Overrated: Neon Gensis Evangelion, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Death Note, Ah! My Goddess

Underrated: Paradise Kiss, Hellsing, Kuroshitsuji, Samurai Champloo lots lots lots lol

You should read the Hellsing manga, so you'd see why many people (including me) dislike Hellsing anime..

I think the most overrated anime's are Clannad /as, TTGL, Haruhi suzumiya. None of them are bad, but i just dont see any reason why they r so damn popular.

Actually I have read it. More than once in fact. And the OVA follows much more closely than the series - if that's what you are getting at. But I find it a show that is beautiful as a stand alone as well.

I have long since given up on anime mirroring manga, the same as movies mirroring books. Most often you have to view them as two separate entities that happen to have the same characters.

I dont really mind about it being totally different from the manga. I jut think its damn boring and ugly etc. Alucard and the musics are the only reason i gave it even so much as three points out of ten.

lol To each his own. The music /is/ very lovely though.

Please don’t say “You are lazy,” because I’m actually crazy.
Sep 26, 2009 2:16 PM

Apr 2009
How about underrated characters? wow..I know this is off topic but, this guy is friggen epic and such an original creation:

Sep 27, 2009 9:53 AM

Aug 2007
Elilu said:
Jarez0 said:
Elilu said:
Overrated: Neon Gensis Evangelion, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Death Note, Ah! My Goddess

Underrated: Paradise Kiss, Hellsing, Kuroshitsuji, Samurai Champloo lots lots lots lol

You should read the Hellsing manga, so you'd see why many people (including me) dislike Hellsing anime..

I think the most overrated anime's are Clannad /as, TTGL, Haruhi suzumiya. None of them are bad, but i just dont see any reason why they r so damn popular.

Actually I have read it. More than once in fact. And the OVA follows much more closely than the series - if that's what you are getting at. But I find it a show that is beautiful as a stand alone as well.

I have long since given up on anime mirroring manga, the same as movies mirroring books. Most often you have to view them as two separate entities that happen to have the same characters.

Agreed on the Clannad though. And TTGL is mecha which usually is enough to gain it a large fanbase. lol

I disagree. I marked down shows when rating for cutting out important canon.
Sep 27, 2009 10:12 AM

Mar 2008
Right now I think Bakemonogatari is overrated. It's already in the top 10 on ANN. XD
Sep 27, 2009 10:15 AM

Apr 2009
Mimi_Taylor said:
Right now I think Bakemonogatari is overrated. It's already in the top 10 on ANN. XD
lolwut? At least it's ranked more reasonably here (112).
Sep 28, 2009 2:29 AM

Mar 2009
Underrated: Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Sep 28, 2009 3:37 AM

Jul 2009
Underrated: Doruko-chan
Sep 28, 2009 4:35 AM

Oct 2008
Mimi_Taylor said:
That's because hardly anyone votes on ANN. You should see the top manga - there's a manga ranked 25 or something with 5 votes. Lol.
Sep 28, 2009 5:38 AM

Jul 2009
Overrated: Lucky Star, Seto no Hanayome, Bleach, Naruto, Air, Aria.
Underrated: Itazura Na Kiss, Ayakashi, Midori No Hibi.
Sep 28, 2009 7:03 AM

Apr 2009
Bakemonogatari went to 1st place in russian tops o.o Actualy I'm hightly surprised by it's popularity. Tsundere power?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Sep 28, 2009 8:02 PM

Nov 2008
Since we are talking about ver and underrated animes Naruto with Disney edits is UNDERRATED
Sep 28, 2009 8:03 PM

Apr 2009
AlexisSolitaire said:
Underrated: Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Oct 4, 2009 4:44 AM

Nov 2007
Overrated: Elfen Lied, NGE, FF:AC, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, School Days, Shakugan no Shana, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star [...]

Underrated: Mouryou no Hako, Gintama, Shigurui
Oct 4, 2009 5:11 AM
Jun 2009
Overrated: Haruhi Suzumiya, naruto

Underrated:Higurashi no naku koro ni, gundam, hellsing
Hi!
Oct 4, 2009 6:07 AM

Oct 2008
Infinite Ryvius is veeerry underrated.
Oct 4, 2009 6:20 AM

Feb 2005
BigSimo said:
I've been meaning to try that sometime. But the art reminds me of SEED, so I keep putting it off :/
Oct 4, 2009 6:56 AM

Oct 2008
Baman said:
BigSimo said:
I've been meaning to try that sometime. But the art reminds me of SEED, so I keep putting it off :/
From what I've seen of SEED (some short scenes from it here and there), its art is more bishounen-y if you know what I mean, whereas Ryvius is kind of a cross between the 90s look and a little bit of SEED design influence (both shows have the same character designer).
But yeah, definitely give it a shot. It's really...different. Fairly unconventional from what I've seen. I'm in love with the soundtrack.
simo000Oct 4, 2009 7:00 AM
Oct 4, 2009 8:51 AM

Apr 2009
Almost every anime in the MAL top list is overrated for someone who doesn't like them. I just happen to like some of them so I don't consider those overrated.

Hayate no Gotoku season 1 is underrated. Id expected it to be higher than season 2, but its not.. ;(
Oct 4, 2009 8:54 AM

Nov 2008
Jaapsneep said:
Hayate no Gotoku season 1 is underrated. Id expected it to be higher than season 2, but its not.. ;(
Yeah but that's mostly because it's a sequel, those who didn't like the first season will probably not watch the second season, so the sequel always end up with a stronger fanbase than the prequel.
Oct 4, 2009 9:05 AM

Apr 2009
HooHiraiBunny said:
Jaapsneep said:
Yeah but that's mostly because it's a sequel, those who didn't like the first season will probably not watch the second season, so the sequel always end up with a stronger fanbase than the prequel.
Yeah. Now we just need Baman to use this to explain why CGR2 has a higher ranking than the original CG.
Oct 4, 2009 11:18 AM

Jan 2009
Overrated: Naruto Shippuuden, ef- tale of memories, Shugo-Chara, K-ON! (I like the animation, but the plot bored me),

Underrated: Ayakashi, Shangri-La, CANAAN, Mahou Sensei Negima, Shaman King, To-LOVE-ru, Tokyo Godfathers
Oct 4, 2009 11:23 AM

May 2009
the 2 most overated are bleach and naruto
and they have tooo many fillers
Oct 4, 2009 5:02 PM

Feb 2005
Mawootad said:
Yeah. Now we just need Baman to use this to explain why CGR2 has a higher ranking than the original CG.
I've already done it plenty of times. And there's no other feasible explanation, is there?
Oct 4, 2009 5:53 PM

Oct 2008
Baman said:
Mawootad said:
I've already done it plenty of times. And there's no other feasible explanation, is there?
Yeah, leave poor Baman alone. I'm pretty sure he's sick of writing lengthy posts on why CG fails.
Oct 4, 2009 6:04 PM
Aug 2009
Dragonball is underrated. Everyone loves DBZ but not many DBZ fans particularly care for it. Dragonball is more fun because it's not just pure action and fighting. It starts out as an adventure with fights along the way. Saiyans don't dominate it like later DBZ. Humans are actually pretty strong until you get to when Piccolo starts running around. Even then Tien didn't do TOO bad against Piccolo Jr. if I recall correctly.
Oct 4, 2009 7:00 PM

Jun 2009
I think Blassreiter is pretty underrated.
Oct 4, 2009 7:22 PM

Apr 2009
i fink naruto iz underrated.
Oct 4, 2009 7:24 PM
Aug 2009
rebekah said:

Surely you jest.
Oct 4, 2009 9:23 PM

Aug 2009
GeneralZaroff said:
Dragonball is underrated. Everyone loves DBZ but not many DBZ fans particularly care for it. Dragonball is more fun because it's not just pure action and fighting. It starts out as an adventure with fights along the way. Saiyans don't dominate it like later DBZ. Humans are actually pretty strong until you get to when Piccolo starts running around. Even then Tien didn't do TOO bad against Piccolo Jr. if I recall correctly.

I loved Dragon Ball. In fact, you make me want to go watch the movies that I plan to watch right now.
Oct 4, 2009 9:48 PM

Jun 2008
Dragonball had too many fillers to be properly enjoyed. If you took all the filler out, I'm sure people would love it just as much. I liked the manga portion of Dragonball better than I liked the manga portion of Dragonball Z. Dragonball was before all the "ARRGHH I AM POWERLEVEL 90232323239029349 desu!!!" and "EAT MY POWER ARGHH BLAST!!!" bullshit. Episodes of "i am more powerful than you" and huge faggot explosions didn't exist back in DB.
I'm back.
Oct 4, 2009 10:21 PM
Jun 2008
GeneralZaroff said:
rebekah said:

Surely you jest.

Well, at least you can very much argue that it's underrated on these forums, with all the hate it's getting and all. ;)
Oct 4, 2009 10:53 PM
Sep 2007
Kags_the_great said:
Dragonball had too many fillers to be properly enjoyed. If you took all the filler out, I'm sure people would love it just as much. I liked the manga portion of Dragonball better than I liked the manga portion of Dragonball Z. Dragonball was before all the "ARRGHH I AM POWERLEVEL 90232323239029349 desu!!!" and "EAT MY POWER ARGHH BLAST!!!" bullshit. Episodes of "i am more powerful than you" and huge faggot explosions didn't exist back in DB.
I doubt anyone here knew what fillers are when they watched series for the first time.

Not to mention that majority of us first watch anime, and maybe, just maybe, start reading manga, so you can't really know when are filler episodes on screen.
Oct 5, 2009 12:51 AM
Sep 2009
The Melancholy of Haruhi Bloody Suzumiya. I don't know what the heck those boys were smoking when they decided to go on a rage about how awesome she is. Then again, I stopped at the second episode of season 2 and didn't bother with Endless Eight (which a lot of fans were annoyed about), so I don't think I missed much anyway.

The whole anime has a really terrible plot, the most obnoxious, illogic-spouting character ever (she's not even half as cute as Mikuru- ok FINE I admit I'm a Mikuru fan) and slapstick, unfunny and un-witty humour.

Or the lack thereof.

Grossly overrated!
Oct 5, 2009 2:17 AM
Jul 2009
KyoANi's prodcution normally overrated.
Oct 5, 2009 2:19 AM

Oct 2008
Except for Full Metal Panic TSR, which is underrated and > they're other stuff.
Though I like Haruhi - that is, the original version, not the 2009 one (which I haven't seen yet).
Oct 5, 2009 3:09 PM

Jan 2008
VEE said:
KyoANi's prodcution normally overrated.

apart from K-ON!, they are not overrated, they are just infinitely better than your average harem/moe show, think about it
Oct 5, 2009 9:51 PM

Apr 2009
GeneralZaroff said:
rebekah said:

Surely you jest.

jest?
Oct 5, 2009 10:04 PM
Jan 2009
rebekah said:
GeneralZaroff said:
rebekah said:

Surely you jest.

jest?
joke.
Oct 6, 2009 1:22 AM

Dec 2008
Overrated- Ouran High School Host Club, Lucky Star

Underrated- Gintama, Seirei no Moribito, Seto no Hanayome
Oct 6, 2009 2:44 AM

Mar 2009
Renegade765 said:
Overrated- Ouran High School Host Club

Underrated- Gintama
Oct 6, 2009 2:46 AM

Jan 2009
One that a lot of people don't really know about is Rune Solider. It's not the greatest in the world, but it's still a nice little gem.
Oct 6, 2009 4:06 AM
Sep 2009
Agreed on Rune Soldier. I keep meaning to finish off watching that one, but Record of Lodoss War left me needing a break from the fantasy genre.

My other underrated nominations would go to Tenchi in Tokyo and Vampire Princess Miyu.
Oct 6, 2009 4:13 AM

Nov 2008
flyingkipper said:

My other underrated nominations would go to Tenchi in Tokyo and Vampire Princess Miyu.

Yeah, but more than being underrated, they are being forgotten.
Eo tempore, cum tibi occuri,
Mihi vita laeta fuit,
Cum autem te nusquam conspexi,
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Oct 8, 2009 3:26 PM
Oct 2009
Underrated: Naruto and Bleach
Oct 8, 2009 3:34 PM

Apr 2009
there is alot underrated and overrated on this site, makes no damne sense at all, they should reset the rating system to 0 votes, all animes that where high since the beginning are too hard to compete with for newcoming great animes

the top 100 makes no damn sense, some titles i agree with but some REAAAALY not, and fcking nice animes are damn underrated here.

what also doesnt make sense = Code geass and TTGL higher then Death Note?

dont make me laugh, and believe me i liked CG and TTGL too but they WERENT better
Oct 8, 2009 6:50 PM

Apr 2009
Garuda said:
there is alot underrated and overrated on this site, makes no damne sense at all, they should reset the rating system to 0 votes, all animes that where high since the beginning are too hard to compete with for newcoming great animes

the top 100 makes no damn sense, some titles i agree with but some REAAAALY not, and fcking nice animes are damn underrated here.

dont make me laugh, and believe me i liked CG and TTGL too but they WERENT better
I'll agree that the first third of Death Note was better than both of those. However, I'll also say that the middle third was worse than both of those shows and the last third was crap.
Oct 9, 2009 9:42 PM

Mar 2009
narutobleach said:
Underrated: Naruto and Bleach

That's ironic, since both are OVERrated.
Oct 9, 2009 9:45 PM

Apr 2007
Garuda said:

Dude, I've got a better idea. They should just let you pick the top anime. Problem fucking solved!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2009 9:48 PM

Mar 2009
Neverender said:
Garuda said:

Dude, I've got a better idea. They should just let you pick the top anime. Problem fucking solved!

People have differing opinions regarding what anime is good and what's not, etc. So the problem still won't be solved.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 2 hours ago

12 by Nirinbo »»
1 minute ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

31 by SgtBateMan »»
2 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

5 by Vaturna »»
2 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 46 minutes ago

4 by SgtBateMan »»
4 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 2 hours ago

11 by Catalano »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.