Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Black★Rock Shooter on Noitamina Block Announced [Update Dec 10]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Aug 19, 2011 3:39 AM
Mar 2010
Just hope they can actually make it interesting.
Aug 19, 2011 3:54 AM

Jan 2011
HELL YEAH! Can't bloody wait, more Black Rock Shooter goodness <3
The OVA was great but was a bit confusing at the start since it was only 50 minutes and you can't fit everything into that set time, hence why Anime is better. I'm glad BRS is now getting an Anime series :)

Now what I need to see is a Blue Exorcist X Black Rock Shooter Crossover (Rin X BRS <3), I can dream, can't I? :D
Aug 19, 2011 4:16 AM

Apr 2011
cant wait!!!!
Aug 19, 2011 5:01 AM

Jul 2009
Yes

This is what I wanted the OVA to be!
Aug 19, 2011 5:06 AM

Sep 2010
:D Yay!

Hopefully it's better than the OVA.

Check out my anime blog: http://otakutajio.tumblr.com/
Aug 19, 2011 5:56 AM
Jun 2008
next year, not sure can I live so far to watch this .lol
I love the OVA very much ^.^
Aug 19, 2011 6:19 AM
Jul 2010
Hell yeah! The OVA was quite good but felt unfinished. I hope they can make this even better.
Aug 19, 2011 6:33 AM
May 2011
FINNALY !!
ITS COMING !!!
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!
Aug 19, 2011 7:11 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
well rated ova 6/10 cuz its kinda confusing and weird not my type. But will watch it anyways . I think it will be better than OVa cuz it will probably explain more of story etc.
Aug 19, 2011 8:08 AM

Oct 2010
OVA wasn't that great but I will watch this
Aug 19, 2011 8:55 AM

Sep 2010
This might turn intressting, i liked the animation in Black★Rock Shooter.
Aug 19, 2011 9:10 AM

Oct 2007
It was only a matter of time...
Aug 19, 2011 9:36 AM

May 2009
YES YES YES!!!! I liked the OVA so I'm excited for this :D. Hope it's great.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Aug 19, 2011 10:47 AM
Mar 2011
Can't wait! Great news. :]
Aug 19, 2011 10:49 AM

Sep 2009
RyanSaotome said:
outlawauron said:
This is disappointing. The only chance this has to be good is if there is a complete revamp in the staff and direction of the show. There are so many other things that deserve continuations....

So a super popular OVA shouldn't be allowed to have a tv series? This deserved a series more than almost anything else that hasn't gotten a TV series yet.

I'm saying there are great shows in need of continuations while an OVA, which was mediocre at best, is getting a full TV series on one of the most coveted time slots. To add, this timeslot made its name by broadcasting shows of consistent quality. Yeah, I don't think BRS has any place there.
Aug 19, 2011 11:27 AM

Mar 2011
Awesome, Its exactly what I was waiting for, I really liked the OVA but at the end of the day it was just that, an OVA, and that exactly puts lots of limitations since there simply wasnt enough time to develop the story and the characters
Aug 19, 2011 12:02 PM

May 2011
Honestly, there's no reason to argue about something you can't change- also, an anime would probably be better than a time limited OVA, in which it was a bit confusing (here's a normal world, and now random chicks fighting, and back to normal world, but you get to the end and then it makes sense). That's my best guess as to why they decided to make an anime, besides the fact to make more money >.>
Aug 19, 2011 1:25 PM

Jun 2010
one world, yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!! >^_^< I'm done.
My parents always taught me not to talk to strangers............Well, that went well didnt it?
Aug 19, 2011 1:57 PM

Dec 2009
I loved the OVA , I'm so glad it's (finnaly) getting a series <33 !
Aug 19, 2011 2:09 PM

Dec 2007
lets sell some more figurines!
Aug 19, 2011 2:15 PM

Apr 2010
Valkyrie-Ryu said:
outlawauron said:
RyanSaotome said:
So a super popular OVA shouldn't be allowed to have a tv series? This deserved a series more than almost anything else that hasn't gotten a TV series yet.

I'm saying there are great shows in need of continuations while an OVA, which was mediocre at best, is getting a full TV series on one of the most coveted time slots. To add, this timeslot made its name by broadcasting shows of consistent quality. Yeah, I don't think BRS has any place there.
I totally agree with outlawauron.. If it's so good why is it only 7.34 on MAL right now? Of course you can play the 'MAL scores aren't everything' but one person's opinion isn't everything either.. it has a pretty okay concept though so hopefully this anime will be good.

Because the Western fanbase has different tastes than the Japanese. Like I typically see Idolmaster as the most loved anime in Japan from this season, but its under a 7 score last I saw here. A lot of stuff that is loved here the Japanese couldn't give a damn about.

Heres the top 10 anime rated by the fans in Japan (from the 2000s) on the newest NicoNico ratings:

1. Bakemonogatari
2. Clannad
3. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
4. AIR
5. Angel Beats!
6. Haruhi
7. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
8. Ano Hi Mita Hana
9. Toradora!
10. K-ON!

Completely different from MAL

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-2297.html

Also this is an interesting little thing I found a couple months ago. Someone posted MALs top rated anime on a Japanese site, and if you have Chrome or some translator you can see how they think of Western taste. Basically a lot of people complaining about the lack of bishoujo anime in general.
RyanSaotomeAug 19, 2011 2:28 PM

Aug 19, 2011 2:53 PM
Jul 2011
Looking forward to it. Love the animation of the original BRS. <3
Aug 19, 2011 4:46 PM

Jan 2011
jmal said:

ReaperCreeper said:
It's not that the OVA was bad it was just, a bit slow for me. I didn't really have to see that much of their school life before the plot got under way. Well this series should be interesting either way.

This is where the main disconnect between Western audiences and Japanese audiences happens. For many Westerners, the school-life was somehow a "distraction" from the plot. Because the plot has to be the part with the ass-kicking and explosions, right? Well, no, not exactly.

- The plot was two-fold. First was the relationship between Mato and Yomi and how their friendship developed. Second was Black Rock Shooter's own battles in that apocalyptic-looking world.
- The storytelling device was seemingly parallel worlds slowly converging, revealing a continuous storyline told side by side until the end when (if you're paying attention), it all comes together. I thought it was exceptionally well done and effective.

The OVA is only 50 minutes. It was never going to develop, plot out, and execute on a complex mythology of the Black Rock-iverse. It took the characters, the concept, and the world Huke built and anchored it all in what could be viewed as one of BRS's many many battles. Yomi and Mato humanized the silent beings blowing each other up. It was an introduction to the world. And yes, an advertisement for the figures as well. Anime usually is partly an advertisement for other media - anyone who acts shocked by that is really ignorant of the industry!

I am, personally, not a fan of stand-alone OVAs. I almost didn't watch BRS despite loveing the song and designs because I much prefer at least 11-13 episodes of a TV series to get deep into. But BRS avoided the pitfalls of other standalone OVAs (trying too hard to tell a complex story without taking time to make me care about anyone) and is my single favorite anime OVA or movie that isn't connected to some larger pre-existing TV anime franchise. It took a complex world and distilled it, as it had to, into something that could be done in a one-shot.

Sometimes - many times in fact - the character relationships and interactions are the plot. A concept very different from what most Westerners are used to, but extremely common in anime. Speaking for myself, I am nearly always most engaged in a show because of the characters. The events that happen around them only matter to me insofar as they make my connection to the characters stronger. it matters much less whether it's high school romance, surreal comedy, space opera, gritty mecha or historical period piece.

It's not that I found it a distraction, I am well aware that their relation was a centre point for the plot, however they seemed to drag it on for quite some time. This started to lessen my interest in it as I was watching an ordinary 14 year old girl's life play out for the most part. I'm not talking about an ordinary life with funny slice of life antics, it really was just her ordinary life following her daily routine. When you look at the whole thing it's quite interesting, however it isn't execute very well.
Aug 19, 2011 7:12 PM
Jul 2008
Bleh, the OVA was just terrible. Just terrible. Although I'm not surprised it is getting a further series.

Furthermore, its taking up a noitaminA slot (also ensuring either Un-Go or Guilty Crown or even both are only 1 cour, not directly BRS's fault but the news still hurts).

Ah well, I just hope it gets a decent budget and enough screentime to flesh out a better plot than that of the OVA.
Aug 19, 2011 9:14 PM

Feb 2010
oh! the TV series! this will be awesome
(i hope more good than the OVA)

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Aug 19, 2011 11:07 PM

Jan 2010
At Last! I'm waiting for this news!!! wooo!!
Aug 20, 2011 9:13 AM

Apr 2009
dtshyk said:
According to the official website, a TV anime of Black★Rock Shooter will be aired on the noitamina programming block from January 2012.

Source: Noitamina BRS official website

Black★Rock Shooter (TV) on MAL

And much rejoice ensued......
Aug 20, 2011 10:35 AM

Jan 2010
Can't wait~!
Aug 20, 2011 11:49 AM
Jul 2008
Han-yuu said:
OVA was big disappointment but i might watch it because of noitaminA.

+1
Aug 20, 2011 1:02 PM

Oct 2009
Awesome sauce.
Aug 20, 2011 3:59 PM

Mar 2009
YESSSSSSSSSSS , can't wait <33

Aug 20, 2011 5:33 PM

Jul 2011
lol, maybe the OVA was a disapointment but c'mon. It was an OVA, not the anime.
what would you expect? 25 minutes full of action without any story explaining what is going on? D:

now we've seen the OVA, there're going to be more epic fights in the serie - that's what I expect - since we kinda know the story.
Aug 20, 2011 5:38 PM

Jan 2011
So stoked for this^^
Aug 20, 2011 5:40 PM
Jul 2018
About time. I really wondering whether it was going to get an anime or not.
Aug 20, 2011 7:24 PM

Dec 2009
AMAZING NEWS!
I actually enjoyed the OVA a lot. <3
Aug 21, 2011 5:58 AM

Aug 2009
Good, so this could actually explain a lot of things unsaid in the OVA.

Aug 21, 2011 7:10 AM

Nov 2007
I might watch it.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2011 3:15 PM

Nov 2008
The only thing that could convince me to watch this is if Yamakan has zero involvement in it. I don't care whether it's NoitaminA, just make sure that Yamakan doesn't touch this.

Fractale had so much wasted potential, and this would go the same way if Yamakan is involved.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Aug 21, 2011 3:35 PM
Dec 2009
FOE-tan said:
The only thing that could convince me to watch this is if Yamakan has zero involvement in it. I don't care whether it's NoitaminA, just make sure that Yamakan doesn't touch this.

Fractale had so much wasted potential, and this would go the same way if Yamakan is involved.

Don't worry Yamakan wouldn't do this anime anyway.

Aug 21, 2011 4:41 PM

Feb 2011
finally
Aug 21, 2011 5:18 PM
Sep 2009
kandiiyuutaamu said:
FOE-tan said:

Don't worry Yamakan wouldn't do this anime anyway.

Plus he supposedly retired.
Aug 21, 2011 6:33 PM

Mar 2008
Aug 21, 2011 7:42 PM

Mar 2008
jmal said:
PaninaManina said:
What the fuck happened

It started airing some of the best shows it's ever aired. Anohana, Hourou, and Usagi Drop are the three best noitaminA shows I've seen, by a pretty fair margin.

these series could not be aired in other channels?
For each otaku anime aired in Noitama, one good series loses its chance to be animated.

And a kitten dies.
Aug 21, 2011 7:53 PM

Jul 2011
Awesome I can't wait!
Aug 22, 2011 3:51 AM

Mar 2007
Oh my God. Noitamina has committed suicide.
Aug 22, 2011 9:12 AM

May 2007
jmal said:
PaninaManina said:
these series could not be aired in other channels? For each otaku anime aired in Noitama, one good series loses its chance to be animated.

Are you honestly calling Usagi Drop or Hourou Musuko "otaku anime" in the same sense as other late night anime? [...] Including Fractale as an "otaku show" is pretty disingenuous.

I wonder what do people mean when they say "otaku anime". To me, in that sense otaku meant the antonym of "mainstream" anime, so we had "otaku anime" and "mainstream anime." But people around here seems to use that term as a synonym of "anime aimed at males" which is kind of misleading since fujoshis are also a kind of otaku.

jmal said:

I'm just really tired of Western fans looking to noitaminA for some sort of salvation from the nasty, unwashed otaku masses.

The only reason western fans glorify noitaminA is because it aired anime targeted at women, as simply as that. All the complains you hear about contemporary anime like moe/harem/fanservice is killing it do not apply to anime aimed at girls or women. In fact, the more moe boys are, the better. "Reverse harem" and otome-game based-anime are always received with excitement, and fanservice aimed at women isn't even noticed. It is only when "moe", "harem" and "fanservice" are present in anime aimed at men when Western fans complain that anime is dying and the like.

fanty said:
Oh my God. Noitamina has committed suicide.

This is a perfect example of what I was previously saying. People saying that noitaminA has commited suicide because it dared to air anime aimed at men too, even though currently it's only airing josei anime, like No.6 and Bunny Drop.
NeoFireHawkAug 22, 2011 10:17 AM
Aug 22, 2011 9:52 AM

Mar 2008
NeoFireHawk said:

This is a perfect example of what I was previously saying. People saying that noitaminA has commited suicide because it dared to air anime anime at men too, even though currently it's only airing josei anime, like No.6 and Bunny Drop.

"Anime at men".

LOL

@jmal

Sadly, the current NoitamA's sucess will be credited for the "Moe", Rin's cuteness, and not for be an adult history.
PaninaManinaAug 22, 2011 9:58 AM
Aug 22, 2011 10:19 AM

May 2007
PaninaManina said:

"Anime at men".

LOL

Sorry for the typo. I corrected it above.
Aug 22, 2011 1:34 PM

May 2008
jmal said:
PaninaManina said:
Sadly, the current NoitamA's sucess will be credited for the "Moe", Rin's cuteness, and not for be an adult history.

Are you more concerned about who is buying a show or whether the show is good? Once again, it seems like the real complaint is not that the shows are bad, or even inappropriate for noitaminA, but the fact that otaku like some of them. And now noitaminA's traditional champions can't stand the idea that 20-35 year old men are also attending their sacred temple as well. Even if the shows are still great. Bah.

+1

And the thing is, we don't know how this version of BRS is going to be like. It could suggest something deeper. Who knows? But one thing's for sure: it has a lot of potential.

Anime is anime. Not ALL of them are specifically made for a certain group of people. Even if these "otaku" get into it, it's still not going to change my view of the show, or the channel. And seriously, who cares who airs what? I just want to watch my shows. I couldn't give two shits about the blocks.
Aug 23, 2011 3:36 AM

Jun 2011
YESSS CANT WAIIIT
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 26 minutes ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
12 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

7 by malvarez1 »»
25 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
3 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.