Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 29, 2007 9:04 AM

Apr 2007
d
broazSep 1, 2010 10:21 AM
Jul 29, 2007 11:59 AM

Mar 2007
Yeah, this episode was awesome. Rossiu has definately changed for the worse...
Jul 29, 2007 12:10 PM

Jul 2007
Political scapegoat... huh? Ah Rossiu how did he become like that...

Next episode or two I see Viral helping out Simon. Both are could be housed in the same prison...

Edit:
Almost forgot about Yoko. :D
Jul 29, 2007 12:32 PM

Apr 2007
Good episode. Didn't like Rossiu before.. definitely don't like him much now. First no Yoko (For now at least) , and now no Nia for awhile? :(
Jul 29, 2007 1:29 PM

Nov 2006
I lol'd at Boota in the preview, he had handcuffs too, rofl.

Anyways, good riddance Nia. Sorry, didn't like you much anyways.

Needs moar Viral and Yoko.

Simon: if you do get put in the same prison as Viral, don't drop the soap!
Jul 29, 2007 4:08 PM
Jul 2007
I wonder how they'll work in the episode 1 time skip with Simon's current situation... and what's with him giving away his spiral in the preview><
Jul 29, 2007 5:50 PM

Jan 2007
Great episode. A lot of interesting stuff is revealed. Sucks that Nia is a "bad" guy. Cant wait for the next episode, looking forward to it.
Jul 29, 2007 6:01 PM

Nov 2006
MistaNight said:
Good episode. Didn't like Rossiu before.. definitely don't like him much now. First no Yoko (For now at least) , and now no Nia for awhile? :(

Rossiu is full of shit using simon as a scapegoat....one day rossiu will eat his words. it was a really good episode. i just hate rossiu now, rossiu ftl

Jul 29, 2007 6:33 PM
Jun 2007
ITs been a very mediocre series up untill the timeskip...now im fairly interested....it has definetly shapen up for the better in the past 3 episodes

Trevor (OP)
Jul 29, 2007 11:17 PM

Dec 2006
^ Yeah the series was a lot more lighthearted during the first part, I thought, but I enjoyed it quite a bit aswell. There is a really serious tone in the series now, but I also hope they bring back the humor I enjoyed so much from 1-15.

As far as this episode goes, it helped conclude some of the theories I had about Lordgenome and I'm glad. I honestly find it hard to believe this will only be 26 Episodes with the way things are going right now, but if they pull it off well, I'll be sad when it ends either way, I'm loving everything about this series so far.
リスト 。。

Jul 30, 2007 11:11 AM

Jun 2007
I really liked this episode. It answered a lot of question but even with that their were still some that were left unanswered. This series is the only series I'm dieing to see the next episode ever week, by far my favorite of what's airing.

Anyways case I still think every one is being way to hard on Rossiu, yeah I will agree that he goes far with his ideals, yeah he's being an ass hole, BUT he's a good ass hole. As we can see pretty much see from the preview, he's going to redeem him self by giving Simon back his core drill.

Really I can understand what he's think of doing by using Simon as a scapegoat. I mean he needs some one to blame so the idiots (I'll get the people of Kamina in a minute) can calm down and stop rioting. At the same time he needs to find of way to get Simon out of the government or at least to get him to stop being so reckless (yes in a way he is being reckless, I mean going into battle with out thinking things through till the end, but heck that what we love about him XD ). By making Simon this political scapegoat he is getting both things done. He's going to some how help Simon get always and since Simon isn't apart of the government anymore they won't have to worry about cleaning up any of the messes he makes(even if they are to save the ungrateful people).

I will say I like how Rossiu turned out because well it seems like the way he would of to begin with. Besides it makes the story more interesting this way.

Now on to what I really hate, the freaking' ungrateful little shit of Kamina City! I mean yeah I understand why they would freak out about the moon coming and crashing down but heck they are the ones that made me more mad this episode then any thing else. To think that in only 7 years they could forget who had saved them from living underground and not only that how bad their lives were then. The group mentality thing sucks!

Oh and just to get it out there I like evil Nia! I think she is awesome although I’m sad that she and Simon aren’t going to be able to be together. Simon will save her!!!

But anyways Kira I heard that the series was now 27 eps. Because the clip show/recap episodes wasn’t planed. So rejoice! There are 27 episodes!
Jul 30, 2007 11:59 PM

Jun 2007
Rock > Rossiu

Mhm.
Aug 1, 2007 3:00 AM

Jul 2007
If only that rock did more damage to Rossiu, maybe it would have knocked some sense into him.

I was fine with him pre-time shift, but post-time shift, hes become a real pain.

I forgot about Yoko too, she'll come when she is needed the most I think.

And Nia, I dont want her to become a Han-Ransen for life, I want her back to her strange normal self again! GAAHHH!
Aug 1, 2007 3:52 AM
Jul 2007
Very entertaining with both drama/conflict and its usual awesomeness.
Aug 1, 2007 11:29 AM

Jul 2007
"Ninja Nia is hawt <3~"
that made me laugh after the depressing coup de ta

translation for rossiu's line at the end:
"i'm hitler and you jewish."
Aug 1, 2007 12:05 PM

Apr 2007
obidos said:
As we can see pretty much see from the preview, he's going to redeem him self by giving Simon back his core drill.

But anyways Kira I heard that the series was now 27 eps. Because the clip show/recap episodes wasn&rsquo;t planed. So rejoice! There are 27 episodes!

When I first watched the episode I looked over that small couple second scene in the preview and came to the conclusion that it was Simon giving away his drill, not receiving it. But I decided to go back and look closer and I'm definitely sure now that its Rossiu on the receiving end. Screens: http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa69/MistaNight/Compare.jpg Notice Rossiu's sleeve has that same gold mark on it in both scenes, and the hand with the gold marked sleeve is recieving the drill.

Also, I hope it's true that there's going to be 27 episodes! Excellent news if so.
Aug 5, 2007 8:09 AM

Aug 2007
I was disappointed with Rossiu and I'm starting to hate him more as the episodes go by. Can't wait for the next ep as well T3T
Aug 5, 2007 12:33 PM

Jun 2007
MistaNight said:
obidos said:
As we can see pretty much see from the preview, he's going to redeem him self by giving Simon back his core drill.

But anyways Kira I heard that the series was now 27 eps. Because the clip show/recap episodes wasn&rsquo;t planed. So rejoice! There are 27 episodes!

When I first watched the episode I looked over that small couple second scene in the preview and came to the conclusion that it was Simon giving away his drill, not receiving it. But I decided to go back and look closer and I'm definitely sure now that its Rossiu on the receiving end. Screens: http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa69/MistaNight/Compare.jpg Notice Rossiu's sleeve has that same gold mark on it in both scenes, and the hand with the gold marked sleeve is recieving the drill.

Also, I hope it's true that there's going to be 27 episodes! Excellent news if so.

Yeah you were right about it being Simon giving the drill. Ack! I'm wrong again... It's just that I have to much faith in the characters I guess. Man what happened to the good ol' days when every one was together...T_T
Oct 27, 2007 1:14 PM
May 2007
Heh, I liked the Akira reference with the street lights and the buildings panning ;)

Rossiu did the right thing, if he hadn't done what he did people would have started overthrowing the goverment. I mean it seems like he's the only one who sees the bigger picture.. Gurren Lagann is getting intressting now that the line between good and bad isn't a straight line anymore :)
Oct 27, 2007 3:13 PM

Aug 2007
Cribba said:
Heh, I liked the Akira reference with the street lights and the buildings panning ;)

Rossiu did the right thing, if he hadn't done what he did people would have started overthrowing the goverment. I mean it seems like he's the only one who sees the bigger picture.. Gurren Lagann is getting intressting now that the line between good and bad isn't a straight line anymore :)

While I do see your point, I wouldn't say that the line between good and bad was straight before either, really.
Everyone has their reasons for doing the things they do, but since we got to see it from mainly Simon and c:o's side of things, it's natural to sympathize with them.
While there definitely were some scumbags Simon and the others faced pre-timeskip, I wouldn't say that they're without reason or that they're very different from many political aspects of our world today.

Anyway yeah before I get attacked with any "fanboi" accusations, please note that this post should taken lightly, I've just been thinking this over some and was in a conversational mood ^^

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Nov 8, 2007 5:20 AM

Feb 2007
obidos said:
I will say I like how Rossiu turned out because well it seems like the way he would of to begin with. Besides it makes the story more interesting this way.

Now on to what I really hate, the freaking' ungrateful little shit of Kamina City! I mean yeah I understand why they would freak out about the moon coming and crashing down but heck they are the ones that made me more mad this episode then any thing else. To think that in only 7 years they could forget who had saved them from living underground and not only that how bad their lives were then. The group mentality thing sucks!

I agree with you 100% with these statements. Rossiu annoys me, but I can see why he is doing this. It's the "ungrateful little shit" that is pissing me off. Have they really forgotten who saved them? I can sort of see what they're going through...I just didn't think they would riot this madly, so quickly after the 1 millionth human was born.

It's surprising how much things have changed in 7 years. I love the whole "futuristic" theme at the moment, reminds me of anime like BGC and GitS.
BlueYoshiNov 9, 2007 12:59 AM
Jan 27, 2008 11:14 AM

Jan 2008
I am kind of obsessed with the Matrix trilogy, and this series has definitely got a Matrix vibe to it, so I'm loving every second. I like how Rossiu's strange and dour upbringing has prepared him for the situation he's facing now. His life in the (Plato's :P) cave and now above ground are paralelled nicely by the fact that sacrifices have to be made to ensure the survival of the species.

Nice method of destroying the planet: drop the freakin' moon on them! I love how they up the ante in this show.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 29, 2008 11:28 AM

Oct 2007
momo said:
"Ninja Nia is hawt <3~"
that made me laugh after the depressing coup de ta

translation for rossiu's line at the end:
"i'm hitler and you jewish."

Ouch, that gonna hurt.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2008 7:00 PM

Dec 2007
Cribba said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught that.

Series has gotten awesome, I see why It's the top rated on here. I was half-expecting one of the fragments of the mogen (I think that's what they called them) to almost hit the ground and for Yoko to show up and shoot it last second, but alas it did not happen. Finally a great number of mysteries from the show have been revealed, mainly "why is everyone living underground in the first place?"

#NBHNC
May 27, 2008 2:31 PM

Nov 2007
wow, suprising episode, i really liked it O.o
Aug 10, 2008 7:39 AM

May 2008
lol, yawning genome head.

The spiral theme was weird since the beginning. And I knew there had to something to that discovery Simon found that was indeed very special. It was hinted at since the very beginning.

But sheesh, making something so epic out of something so not-epic.
It's...akward. Like if you tried make an epic tale revolving around spoons and forks.
It's just sounding crazier and crazier.

A race...of screw people. Really.
And I thought the brave little toaster was surprisingly epic.

Also, Rossiu is an ass. But he has to be. Like obidos has said.
He's smart. And being smart sometimes comes at looking like asshole.
I don't understand all this Rossiu hate. He's a much more interesting character than pre-skip.

He's the only one in government who knows how to be a responsible government official.

I'm gonna miss Nia.;_; They'd better bring her back soon!:x
And by back I mean not as a villian. Though villian would be better than not at all for a while. Damnit, I'm scared of the direction this is heading. Nia, come back the Spiral side soon! From the intro, it really seems like a two sided thing. And that Anti-Spiral is only in control for the time being. So hopefully Spiral Nia will regain control soon.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 27, 2008 3:33 AM

Apr 2007
I am not liking this change at all. In the first part of Tengen Toppa, every single episode I watched (except for episode 4...) was a 5/5. Not anymore.

At least it's realistic about the situation... Retarded human population, retarded government... Just like irl .... Too bad I don't watch anime for that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2008 1:00 PM

Jun 2007
Rossiu is an asshole, thats called a Cou De'ta, i never like him pfft and now i like him less.
So what the people are getting all angry, its not like its Simon's fault, he's just protecting them, if it wasnt for him they wouldnt be there so they can shutup or die (Literally) xD
Woo :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eat, Breathe, Sleep, Dream, Live Anime.

Trance, it's not just a Genre it's a state of mind.
Sep 29, 2008 12:03 AM

May 2008
Azndude said:
Political scapegoat... huh? Ah Rossiu how did he become like that...

Next episode or two I see Viral helping out Simon. Both are could be housed in the same prison...

Edit:
Almost forgot about Yoko. :D
it's messed up when politics have to use the
scapegoat option...

and yes i can see that happen Simon,Yoko and Viral fighting against someone else..
Oct 2, 2008 8:55 AM

Jun 2007
This show has taken a very different turn, but I'm not complaining. I very much improve of what it is becoming.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Oct 25, 2008 6:22 AM
Jul 2018
my fave ep so far ^-^
somehow the whole world-will-end thing reminds me of the december 21, 2012 theory -_-
and that lord-something guy seems to be destined to always have creepy looks xD
and where the hell is yoko!?! waaa~
Oct 26, 2008 1:24 PM

Mar 2007
Rossiu is an ass and this anime is relly overrated
Instagram: Luzifurr
Oct 30, 2008 9:57 PM

Oct 2008
So that's that old man's name. Coco. Lol.

AND WHAT THE HELL! Nia doesn't have flowers in her eyes anymore D:
And I haven't heard "Who the hell do you think I am!?" in so long too :(

I want to see another season of TTGL where it tells Lord Genome's story as a Spiral Knight.

ROSSIU GO BACK TO YOUR OLD SELF YOU PIECE OF ****! GOD DAMN IT MAN!

Still this was a very interesting episode. It delved a lot deeper into the storyline and I'm looking forward to next episode.
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Nov 21, 2008 4:41 PM

Nov 2008
Freaking ridiculous episode, lol.

- Bad guy <=> Good guy : Helix King ? Lolol. Nice excuses: "I wanna help you people so I put u undergrounds!" Nice one, lolol.

So ****ing lame !

- Simon is never suited to be a leader to begin with. He has no leadership and no potential at all. I had seen the scapegoat coming since episode 16, so no surprise ! Enjoy the prison Simon ! Go dig some more !

- I actually would prefer the new Nia than the old one. The new Nia actually talks more senses. Old Nia was full of ****.

- Oh, and congratulations on a government full of idiots and brainless animals : Kittan and the brute twins. Good luck leading a country with that bunch, LOL!
The wind is my voice, the moon is my heart. I'm here... So close to you... - "Lullaby", Yuki Kajiura
Dec 5, 2008 1:27 PM

Mar 2008
Another wonderful episode. Tha 2nd arc really kick ass ! Rossiu's character is really the best now. I love how he coldly analyses the situation and facts. But i think he'll surely regret it soon. (And that kind of characters usually dies in the end... i hope not... he's thinking like me^^)
Dec 6, 2008 7:53 PM

Jul 2008
LOL. WHOEVER THREW THE ROCK AT ROSSIU ROCKS.

Dec 9, 2008 8:27 PM

Nov 2008
Looks like this is becoming the classic conflict of Euclidian vs non-Euclidian, with Rossiu leaning firmly toward the former (much like his previous mentor).
Dec 20, 2008 12:17 PM

Jul 2008
Awesome episode, a classic representation of a dystopian society formed from a vision of perfection. Rossiu, oh Rossiu, why hast thou forsaken me? Amazing, though, the way they're pulling this off. I'd like to see what happens when I rewatch the series, because, GASP, everyone! The Lord Genome is not a total asshole! :o *shock* I'd be great to watch the first half of it from an entirely new perspective.

"Did you just fart?"
"No." ... "This is the part where you ask me if I lied."
Jan 14, 2009 3:44 PM

Jan 2008
Man, this was a hard episode to watch. Great episode, but you have to feel pretty sorry for Simon.
Mar 11, 2009 12:22 AM

Jan 2009
Seriously, rossiu needs to die. But did anybody else think of Zelda Twighlight when the "Faceless" showed up?
Mar 30, 2009 6:27 AM

Oct 2008
TrevtimusPrime said:
ITs been a very mediocre series up untill the timeskip...now im fairly interested....it has definetly shapen up for the better in the past 3 episodes

Trevor (OP)

I agree. Now the show gets more and more interesting. No more fun and ridiculous situations.
Apr 12, 2009 12:55 AM

Jan 2009
psygol said:
Its been a very mediocre series up untill the timeskip

This. Kamina's death definetly gave me the chills but... please, all those ridiculous and overadrenaline fights?

I'm now very interested with the injection of drama that TTGL has. I can predict some Viral+Simon alliance. That would be da shit.

And i need some Yoko :(

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
May 14, 2009 6:46 PM

Jan 2008
Why did Nia have to disappear =|. I want more Nia damn it!

Rossiu is definately an asshole, but since he's supposed to be seen that way, they've done a pretty good job of it. Yoko appears to have disappeared completely as well, which is a little odd.
May 15, 2009 3:06 PM

Sep 2008
Kill the irritating rioting people and then you wouldn´t have to listen to their annoying whining and the anti-spirals would keep away. Problem solved.
May 25, 2009 4:07 PM

Jan 2009
how did they get a million people in 7 years anyway.... before they could not have had more than 10,000 people.... so they.......
Rossiu should just die... cant believe what he did to Simon... who even gave him his position those two kids would have been better than Rossui
Jul 15, 2009 9:32 AM

Dec 2008
Rossiu is a big prick (More now)... Nia a bad guy! :O This series is getting somewhat serious now... Miss the funny action packed episodes though.
Jul 16, 2009 9:37 AM
May 2008
With this turn of events it appears that TTGL will return to its roots of over the top action. Not like that's a bad thing but I'm enjoying the more serious side of this series.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 21, 2009 6:54 AM

Nov 2008
I can't believe all the hate Rossiu is getting. He is single-handedly making the second half of this series awesome with his dickishness. Jerks are so underappreciated.
Aug 9, 2009 6:06 AM

Sep 2008
Good episode... Lots of answers, which is good of coourse. But no more Nia? Boo. And I almost get the feeling that Rossiu's going to start killing humans to keep them under the population limit, just like in his stupid little hometown. :S It's hard to tell whether that's really the right thing to do now... The distinction between "good" and "bad" isn't clear anymore, hum.

Anyway Rossiu's making it interesting, although I never liked him...
Aug 20, 2009 6:09 AM

Apr 2009
Heh... humans are such selfish pricks...

But this has gotten way more cynical than usual... I wonder if it will be for the better...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1152 by LinaThePotion »»
Apr 25, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.