Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 28, 2011 10:09 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The girls are on some kind of cooking show. Haruka being clumsy. Takane has an obsession with the frog suit, which made me laugh. Looks like no other idols make an appearance aside from Haruka, Chihaya, Takane, and Hibiki. Otome yo Taishi wo Idake playing while they are cooking.

Chihaya walks off and Producer finds her singing an a cappella version of Aoi Tori, which also doubles as the ED this time. Really depressing slideshow to go along with it.

Next episode looks like a beach episode, get ready for Azusa and Takane and their big...personalities. lol
Jul 28, 2011 10:46 AM

Nov 2008
Yep fanservice episode next week, oh wow Ritsuko has nice ones there. Give me some Hibiki fanservice as well as Takane.

Hibiki looks pretty good in an apron, same with Takane.

Their final dishes were both really nice even though Takane and Hibiki won with more elegant dishes.

lol at the durian scene which lead to some cameraman heaven with accident shots of Haruka and Chihaya, I think all of us agree durian is nasty.

Chihaya was a goddess when she was singing the capella version of Aoi Tori, too bad the music was depressing, made worse by the ED slideshow.

Jul 28, 2011 11:11 AM

Oct 2010
This episode was Chihaya EPIC but I don’t really like her, however I am willing to give out my thoughts to her. What really made things run out is Haruka/Hibiki. They really made the episode for me. Here’s a shout to Chihaya about her Idol complex.
Limiting yourself as an Idol in only singing will limit your income and jobs available.
That’s all really. It will really be bad like that. Chihaya must get off her ass to really start being more open to other jobs than just singing. I can totally understand her this episode but she will not star in many jobs as a Idol. Especially I the beginning. Here are my thoughts.

The first to mention is the ED for Chihaya as follows,

This is my favorite scene of the ED among all the ones in the spoiler
mainly due to showing not only her loneliness but of showing what may be vital to one being alone. I can also see that she really exhibits depression during that ED and lots of thinking.

About Kisaragi Chihaya, I kind of saw already that Chihaya did feel good about this job. I see that while trying to get the flag Chihaya did not like losing with that expression of that stuff getting into her mouth. Although I see that Chihaya’s expression like here was serious enough for the event when it needed to be. Chihaya almost ruined the show in the spoiler
she should have never said that, it also got all stopped. For a first Chihaya’s gloomy attitude here was bad. I could see there is something really not good about how she feels about this and the producer/director’s cocky attitude here, did not help. My favorite part for Chihaya is none other than in the spoiler
that was really nice to show her singing in that light like a lonely angel being cursed to sing forever for God.
Quite the depiction IMO. Loved every single part of Chihaya in the spoiler
because in thee end her efforts paid off in her getting that flag whereas in the beginning she lost.

In thee end we are presented with the following in the spoiler
now while it was nice of the producer to give her band-aids, Chihaya no doubt overdid herself in what is not her specialization by getting 4 slices on her hand. Though the question remains as to why was she staring at the outside like that and why was she feeling some regret at her hurt hand when precisely she should be proud. I don’t understand that but she is one heck of a puzzle to unravel.

About Amami Haruka, she is the MVP of this episode mainly because she convinced many times Chihaya to have more guts. My favorite has to be the following,

Not only did she save the show from being stopped but she saved the producers’ sweaty face and stressed mentality. The second part of Haruka most vital was in the following spoiler
she convinces Chihaya to continue and that she could do it despite being the clumsy girl that she is. Haruka was funny from the beginning by freaking out a little on Hibiki here. I loved Haruka’s shy face towards the producer for not going outside while Haruka wants to change. Well I can see from the looks of Hibiki/Haruka here that they will be the most enthusiastic and Haruka here looks the most to be looking forward to all this. Loved Haruka’s tongue out in the spoiler
that is while she is tasting the food. While I was impressed by Haruka’s egg cracking here. At the rate it was going at, it was pretty quick IMO. I loved Haruka’s surprised face in the spoiler
that octopus gag was amazing! While her shy face here was quite cute. I liked seeing Haruka scrapping out the coconut’s insides. Considering that she was the only one who touched a coconut. In thee end, Haruka was great to interact with Chihaya in the spoiler
She was still being cheerful around.

About Ganaha Hibiki, Hibiki was my #2 girl that was fun in this episode for me. What I really like about her is her ability to understand her hamster when it gives out advices to her like here. Now that is quite fun to see. I loved seeing Hibiki winning the flag first in the spoiler
now that was quite fun. I likes seeing her hamster here waving Japanese fans to cheer her. Now that is a nice hamster. Loved seeing Hibiki showing out that lobster and her smile in the spoiler
now that smile was really great. Such positive from Hibiki. Seeing Hibiki cutting fast like here was quite the entertainment of enthusiasm despite her hamster almost got cooked here. Whatever that shit that stinks was, Hibiki sure had the best showing to express her discontent towards the smell. Loved seeing Takane/Hibiki happy winning time.

• Loved all the group poses in the spoiler
    they are all really fun in this series.

• The cameraman can have my PUNCH IN THE FACE! For simply doing what he did in the spoiler
    IMO filming little girls’ panties and ass that are not 18 is being a pedo. There is no freaking way they can broadcast that nor even sell it. It’s for personal use or some dark use. I don’t think you can legally broadcast this on TV but a DVD is another story.

• EPIC producer face is epic in the spoiler
    now that was good facial of the producer.
Overall it was good but I am going to have a heck of headache to figure out Chihaya unless I get more info on her.
Yumekichi11Jul 29, 2011 1:11 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 28, 2011 1:21 PM

Oct 2010
love that ep. Chihaya is one of my favourite idol <3
But I felt kinda awkward when the cameraman was trying to film some fanservice scene...
dont mind a beach ep but those things are a no-go for me ><
Jul 28, 2011 2:23 PM

Sep 2007
It was nice to see more Chihaya, Hibiki and Takane!! <3

...But where the heck is Miki? I miss her~ I can't wait for her ep to show up d>w<b
Jul 28, 2011 3:10 PM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
Yep fanservice episode next week, oh wow Ritsuko has nice ones there. Give me some Hibiki fanservice as well as Takane.
I am more looking forward to the following in the spoiler
the twin sleeping? Way too adorable.
shuncchi said:
But I felt kinda awkward when the cameraman was trying to film some fanservice scene...
Same here, that ass shot attempt was stupid. It's like most males would go for sex with any of these idols but I being different from the standard, would be spoiler for these girls. Think of it as someone who gives all to girls but does not want the sex in exchange for it. IMO spending time with the twins all the time would be good. No need for sex since like that is overrated anyway. Sadly IRL Idols need that shit to get famous with scandal shit. I don't see it that way in this series and that's good.
Now if
all Idols would be like those in this series things would better
just saying it.
shuncchi said:
I don't mind a beach ep but those things are a no-go for me ><
Well I hope you won't be bothered by swimsuits and big breasts for some of the Idol's figures are exactly that.

On the other hand I saw me I bath part. There is steam, I am going to highly wonder of a uncensoring possible.
Yumekichi11Jul 29, 2011 1:04 AM

Jul 28, 2011 8:57 PM

Aug 2010
I found the frogs pretty funny. Since it had Hibiki I was pretty happy. I love her for how happy and carefree she is.

Yumekichi11 said:
On the other hand I saw me I bath part. There is steam, I am going to highly wonder of a uncensoring possible.

That would be pretty nice. I'm also looking forward to the twins next episode and agree that the shot of them sleeping is pretty adorable.
Jul 28, 2011 10:05 PM
Dec 2007
shuncchi said:
love that ep. Chihaya is one of my favourite idol <3
dont mind a beach ep but those things are a no-go for me ><
Well, I saw it as something to be expected of a low ratings show trying to boost ratings. The fact they are new to the idol scene also means they can't complain about it. It's parts of the realities of being an idol.

Jul 28, 2011 10:27 PM

Jul 2010
Durian, ugh... smelled that stuff a few times. Stinks up the house to high heaven! Pervert cameraman trying to sneak some pantsu shots, lol.
Jul 28, 2011 10:41 PM

Sep 2008
...needed more panty shots...
Durians are fucking stinky though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2011 12:04 AM
Apr 2011
Chihaya is definitely one of my favs. Even if the ED slideshow was depressing, that girl can sing.
Jul 29, 2011 1:22 AM

Jul 2010
lol Takane really does love that frog costume.
Jul 29, 2011 1:24 AM

Jul 2008
I really doubt they will, but I hope they devote at least one more episode to Chihaya. A few things were touched on a little, but it looks like there is a lot about her we don't know yet. I wouldn't mind some character development. I want to find out why she lives alone.

That ED was really pretty and sad.
Jul 29, 2011 1:31 AM

Oct 2009
GarLogan78 said:
I really doubt they will, but I hope they devote at least one more episode to Chihaya. A few things were touched on a little, but it looks like there is a lot about her we don't know yet. I wouldn't mind some character development. I want to find out why she lives alone.

They most likely will have another episode on Chihaya, since it's going to be 25 episodes, they've got enough for one episode per girl, and then some.
Jul 29, 2011 4:33 AM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Here’s a shout to Chihaya about her Idol complex.
Limiting yourself as an Idol in only singing will limit your income and jobs available.

That's why she's the hardest Idol to manage, She's perfect at singing but her dancing and personality really gets in the way. And she's famour for her "Chihaya Spiral" in the game. Where if her mood drops because of one thing, all actions you'll do will make her mood drops more. lol

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 29, 2011 4:36 AM

Sep 2010
Poor Chihaya. The ED was beautiful, yet sad.
Jul 29, 2011 4:38 AM

Oct 2010
kaimax said:
Yumekichi11 said:
That's why she's the hardest Idol to manage, She's perfect at singing but her dancing and personality really gets in the way. And she's famour for her "Chihaya Spiral" in the game. Where if her mood drops because of one thing, all actions you'll do will make her mood drops more. lol
She sounds like a major challenge to beat. This reminds me of hard stuff I don't like doing in games itself. Thanks for the heads up on her from the game.

Jul 29, 2011 4:55 AM

Jun 2011
Chihaya! I'm here! Please marry me!!
Jul 29, 2011 5:32 AM

Dec 2010
Wow, Chihaya is my current favorite now next to Hibiki. :D
I hate that cameraman too. Poor Chihaya.
And oh yeah, typical beach fanservice episode! :D
Jul 29, 2011 5:46 AM
Dec 2007
kaimax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Sooo...why her seeming popularity? I get Miki in part (though don't agree) and I'm loving Hibiki but Chihaya has the personality I hate most it seems, no charisma or charm outside her "good" singing. Plus, apparently she fails to grasp the fact that no matter how good you sing, that alone won't separate you from the rest.

Jul 29, 2011 5:48 AM

Feb 2008
Ah, my favourite episode so far :) Chihaya was charming.
Jul 29, 2011 6:10 AM

Jun 2008
Leon-Gun said:
kaimax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Sooo...why her seeming popularity? I get Miki in part (though don't agree) and I'm loving Hibiki but Chihaya has the personality I hate most it seems, no charisma or charm outside her "good" singing. Plus, apparently she fails to grasp the fact that no matter how good you sing, that alone won't separate you from the rest.

It's pretty simple:
1. She has the most beautiful voice hands down. (don't work with happy songs though lololol)
2. the challenge itself
3. And the result is having a perfect Chihaya = Invisible Idol. (solo)
4. And it's pretty fun trying to melt her heart.

Once you perfected all her stats she's unbeatable. Remember that Idolmaster popular is the "progress part". Any Solo route will take you into a pseudo-love route too. This is only restricted to the game. though

Jul 29, 2011 6:19 AM

Oct 2010
kaimax said:
Leon-Gun said:
kaimax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

It's pretty simple:
1. She has the most beautiful voice hands down. (don't work with happy songs though lololol)
Hence I forgot to mention that Chihaya does remind me IRL of Celine Dion if anyone knows her. Her voice is so like Celine Dion. High pitch that is.

Jul 29, 2011 6:28 AM

Oct 2009
I would beg to differ and say that Azusa has the best voice, and she can do the cutesy songs too. /Azusa fanboy

But Chihaya, Makoto, Takane, and Azusa are up there with having the best singing in the games. Chihaya sounds like a robot when she tries to do the happy songs lolol
Jul 29, 2011 7:48 AM

Jul 2009
Chihaya isn't good for the cheerful songs. Have you heard her in "Kirame Kirari"? She sounds completely weird. That songs are better with the twins, Iori, Yayoi, Hibiki, Haruka and Ai.

It seems this isn't going to be directly based on the game. But I'd love if they went to a cruise on the next episode and finally meet Touma...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2011 8:58 AM

Jan 2011
Chihaya's song is so amazing, I think I listened to it at least 6 times in a row already. I kind of hated the premise of this episode, but I think the characters saved it. Takane was hilarious with that frog hat, and Hibiki turned out to be a lot less annoying then I originally thought she was. I hope we get to hear Chihaya sing more in the future episodes, I love her VA's singing voice, it's really beautiful. Oh and that ED was so sad, and so were the moments leading up to it. Anyway, I put most of my thoughts here, check it out if you feel like it. Also, beach episode next week. Bleh.
Jul 29, 2011 9:21 AM

Nov 2008
I always thought Chihaya never fit the series, she can deliver a lot, but she's far too kuudere for the job where everyone else is either really happy, cheerful, or really moe.

Jul 29, 2011 9:36 AM

Jun 2010
That was one wierd cooking show. It seemed to me that all they were doing was trying to get close ups of the girls panties.

Jul 29, 2011 12:38 PM

Jun 2010
kaimax said:
Leon-Gun said:
kaimax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

It's pretty simple:
2. the challenge itself
3. And the result is having a perfect Chihaya = Invisible Idol. (solo)

Once you perfected all her stats she's unbeatable. Remember that Idolmaster popular is the "progress part". Any Solo route will take you into a pseudo-love route too. This is only restricted to the game. though

Not only that, some people are moved by her backstory, which was lightly touched upon in this episode. This episode reveals that she lives alone because of family circumstances. Whether the anime will reveal it in full later down the road is remained to be seen.
Jul 29, 2011 4:00 PM

Jul 2011
Chihaya's back story/voice saved this episode.. other wise I wish they didn't devote the entire episode to the cooking show.. Yeah, we get it, it's important that they finally made it to tv, but still. It would have been nice to see what the rest of the idols were up to.
Jul 29, 2011 5:23 PM

Jul 2011
Usually Chihaya is always depicted as the most successful idol because she has the most dedication and talent to do so. And she's also the most broken in The iDOLM@STER 2 game.

But I'm guessing they're going to show a bunch of better points of the idols in later episodes.
Jul 29, 2011 8:43 PM

Apr 2011
It's good Haruka is there for Chihaya otherwise things would go into deep trouble and forcibly stop the show. She needs to be more positive and cheerful to do her work. She should know that an idol not only sings and dances, they do other things to entertain people, showing up for tv shows. If she just wants singing only she should've just run solo singing instead.

Chiharaya's my leas favorite of the girls but I expect her personality will improve throughout the series.
Jul 29, 2011 8:56 PM

Jul 2008
Ousto said:
GarLogan78 said:

They most likely will have another episode on Chihaya, since it's going to be 25 episodes, they've got enough for one episode per girl, and then some.

Thank God! I was really fearing this would be 12 episodes.
Jul 29, 2011 9:19 PM

Apr 2011
25 episodes? If its true then that's great news!
Jul 30, 2011 12:15 AM
Jul 2011
points 1/5
I want to cut this anime this time.
Jul 30, 2011 4:52 AM

Apr 2009
kaimax said:
It's pretty simple:
2. the challenge itself
3. And the result is having a perfect Chihaya = Invincible Idol. (solo) .. fixed

even without playing the game nor having any knowledge of it, these are what i exactly thought of Chihaya ever since ep 1.. that's why she's my second fave.. i like this ep but i hope there's more of Chihaya.. also, Takane's obsession with the frog suit is hngggh.. more reasons for me to like her best..
Jul 30, 2011 5:41 AM

Jul 2010
So Chihaya has the most confidence when singing right? Hopefully the producer can get more singing jobs coming her way. Even so, an Idol has to be good in several things, so I hope she'll get better on multiple fronts over time. Limiting yourself to only singing will make it harder to find jobs later on.

Besides that Haruka keeps on tripping and the cameraman keeps trying to get a panty shot of course. Oh and Takane really likes her frog head huh? xD

Jul 31, 2011 12:29 PM

Aug 2009
I didn't know Makise Kurisu Chihaya could sing that welll... It sounded great!
Aug 1, 2011 9:01 AM

Sep 2010
Chihaya is completely right. There's nothing funny about anything in that stupid show. She should have torn the neck of that frog off. And the cameramen are just perverts too.
The ending was the best of all music until now in this show.
Aug 1, 2011 9:54 AM

Apr 2011
Chihaya = Rio (Sora no woto)

This episode was obviously a criticism about those stupid shows.

Next time : beach.
Aug 1, 2011 5:52 PM
Jun 2011
im pretty happy i saw this episode

i was at the verge of dropping it but something about chihaya spoke to me and then a fanservice beach episode followed after.
Aug 5, 2011 3:24 PM

Oct 2007
I was really disappointed, it was Chihaya episode, we should have gotten something very good and serious, not some retarded shit... Hibiki (as always <3) and Gero-pah (win!) saved the day but in the end I was forced to lower the score from 8/10 to 7/10... It's a shame, eps 01 & 02 were great.
Aug 7, 2011 4:14 AM
Apr 2011
Geroppa!
Takane was so epic in this ep! XD
Sep 22, 2011 1:54 PM

Apr 2011
I'm amaze Chihaya actually lasted this long with the production crew, she way to kuudere, compared to the rest of the girls, lucky enough, she the only kuudere or this show would go down the drain with emo feeling.
Oct 12, 2011 10:43 PM

Aug 2010
Still not sure what to make out of this show.
Nov 11, 2011 4:47 AM
Jan 2010
Chihaya is the shittiest idolmaster.
Hamuzou is the best idolmaster.
Nov 11, 2011 4:48 AM
Jan 2010
vansonbee said:
I'm amaze Chihaya actually lasted this long with the production crew, she way to kuudere, compared to the rest of the girls, lucky enough, she the only kuudere or this show would go down the drain with emo feeling.

Check wikipedia for the meaning of that word before you go spouting it off again.
Nov 13, 2011 6:25 AM

Jun 2008
wailofthebanshee said:
Chihaya is the shittiest idolmaster.

But she's indeed a genius and talented.

Currently playing the Ps3 game, just made a Chihaya teman with Haruka and Yukiho.
My 2nd Album release flies to rank 21, in 2 weeks. This is my 3rd team, Yukiho and Miki was my 1st and 2nd play.

Jan 7, 2012 12:51 PM

Apr 2011
Oh my!
Chihaya's song (and ending) was the best.
She's got such a beautiful voice!

And the fourth episode is a beach episode.
Jan 8, 2012 5:15 AM

Apr 2009
I'm still having a hard time trying to enjoy this, but I'll bear with it and trust the judgment of the ones who recommended this to me for now.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 9:33 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.