Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2011 11:00 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The head chopping and flying out with the blood splash as follows,

was just the most amazing start ever and Saya looked much better than the first episode. I also like the dark atmosphere.

The twins in the following,

are always doing cute things it's just so hnnnnnnggggg it's incredible. These twins are the most adorable that I have seen around.
Yumekichi11Jul 14, 2011 11:13 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 14, 2011 11:19 AM

Jan 2009
I still very much dislike the fact that Saya's a klutz. And her interactions with whatever-his-face at the café is terribly annoying.
And I also don't really like her "hair-tubes."

...Huh, did I see what I think I saw? *goes back to take another look*
Yes, I did. lolCGI monkeymonster jumping between the trees.

Then there are those twins. Definitely the best part of the whole show.
And they had way too little screentime in this episode. ಠ_ಠ
Oh, I love those two.

On another note, I'm almost willing to bet Saya's dad is going to die sometime in a not too distant future.
And Tokizane looks a bit like Battler. Die his hair a brighter shade of red and they're like, twins. ( ¬‿¬)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 14, 2011 12:22 PM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
Then there are those twins. Definitely the best part of the whole show. And they had way too little screentime in this episode. ಠ_ಠ
Oh, I love those two.
Well I am damn happy we both like the twins in this series. At least something we agree on whereas Steins Gate is another story.

What exactly you like about the twins? I like their appearance in general and comedy.

Jul 14, 2011 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
Welp, TokixSaya is officially my OTP for the series. I can't wait to see his official role in all of this.

So, I'll be sticking around this show for the fight scenes, hopeful romance between the two, and just because I'm a BLOOD franchise fanatic

I do hope she has to drink blood at some point, though...and I hope she has to drink it from Tokizane's neck
Jul 14, 2011 4:01 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode, twins are the best.
Yumekichi11 said:
I like their appearance in general and comedy.

I think you hit it right on the head. They are so cute and they provide a good laugh when the show can kind of just move along without much interesting going on.
Jul 14, 2011 6:50 PM

Mar 2010
Aside from the awesome action, I couldn't help but think "gee, this sure is boring."
It's like I'm watching a horribly bland shoujo/slice of life anime sometimes, just with lots of blood and action added in :/
Bunny-kinsJul 14, 2011 9:16 PM
Jul 14, 2011 6:54 PM

Apr 2009
The violence in this show is oddly unsatisfying. Fingers crossed for yuri blood orgy I guess?
Jul 14, 2011 7:52 PM

Aug 2010
still no plot...and that fight wasn't even that good :l
Jul 14, 2011 8:04 PM

Jul 2007
Bunny-kins said:
Aside from the awesome action, I couldn't help but think "gee, this sure is boring."
It's like I'm watching a horribly bland shoujo/slice of life sometimes, just with lots of blood and action added in :/

This. Like when they started talking about candy and coffee i was like, wtf is this supposed to do for the story...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2011 8:04 PM

Jan 2009
Seriously come on now. This show is surprisingly boring the plot never moves nothing ever happens, please tell me this show is just has a slow start because it's future is looking extremely grim. There is no way i can stand through of 12-24 episodes like this. Even for clamp an anime of this caliber is very disappointing.
Jul 14, 2011 8:23 PM
Aug 2010
Liking this show so far, the CLAMP influences are very strong in it which (in my opinion) is a good thing because they've put out much better works than Blood+ (see: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Magic Knight Rayearth, Chobits, Cardcaptor Sakura, xxxHolic, etc.). Looking forward to seeing how this develops as it starts to delve into the plotline (which hasn't really begun yet). I feel like this anime so far will appeal more to fans of CLAMP's other works than it necessarily will to fans of Blood+, although that may change.

This also feels a little like a shoujo/shounen crossover, which isn't really a bad thing. We'll see which direction it leans towards in time.
chessmaster1989Jul 14, 2011 8:34 PM
Jul 14, 2011 8:35 PM

Jun 2010
She should at least have clothes to fight in or else her school clothes will get ripped up like they did.

Jul 14, 2011 8:38 PM

Jun 2007
badbluesplayer said:

I second this. I can understand them trying to introduce us to characters and whatnot but the random fights at the beginning and the end feel so out of place. I hope it gets better because as it is right now it's very bland.
Jul 14, 2011 8:41 PM

Jun 2008
This... is so disappointing. I can honestly say that there really is nothing I look forward to besides that dog. And all the fights are at the END of the episode D: :/

Everything is so cliche, it doesn't even feel like this is part of the Blood franchise. Isn't her blood supposed to kill the monsters? Not just a sword? -_-

I really hope that she changes like before and becomes less clumsy. She doesn't seem strong at all ._.
Jul 14, 2011 8:50 PM

Aug 2009
WTH TOOK EP 2 SO LONG?!??!?!

Idk where this show is taking us, but i'll continue watching!

3/5
Jul 14, 2011 8:56 PM

Nov 2009
I hope they explain everything soon .. I can't bear it with just more monsters appearing randomly
Jul 14, 2011 9:02 PM

Feb 2008
damn looks like the class dude already lost the Saya contest before it even got started. This show has a lot of potential so im gonna stick with it.
Jul 14, 2011 9:41 PM

Mar 2009
well that just fucking sucked...if ep. 3 isn't able to spark at least an ounce of interest from me, dropping.
Jul 14, 2011 9:48 PM

Jun 2009
bloodiedangle said:
I can honestly say that there really is nothing I look forward to besides that dog.
You like like the dog, too? You have good taste, he/she/it is clearly the most interesting character of Blood-C. SayaxDog is definitely my OTP.

But, nothing else good that I can say. Still having these gory fights for no reason, plot is awol(no, vague hinting about elder ones, and strange lights doesn't count, Clamp), characters are irritating, and the comedy is bad. Seriously, they spent almost 6 minutes setting up that stupid marshmallow gag, and they'll probably have to spend at least another 2 minutes next episode...

I guess I'll just look forward to more SayaxDog.
Jul 14, 2011 10:06 PM

Oct 2008
A few things.

Why are the action sequences so poorly timed...
Just like the fight in episode 1, I was skipping ahead in the fight sequences.
I can't quite pinpoint or put in words the exact reason right now, but there is just something awry with the fighting...

Now... what does 15 minutes of slice of life bring to this series?
Yes, it shows that Saya is living two difference lives... So what?
Unlike other shows, I don't think there is a particularly deep meaning for this jarring contrast. I may and hopefully am wrong.

So far, this show has the yawn factor, good to watch before sleeping.

ReaperEXE said:
The violence in this show is oddly unsatisfying. Fingers crossed for yuri blood orgy I guess?

I agree, although I can't quite reason why I don't like it yet. Bad timing? No tension because Saya has PLOT ARMOR? No real motive from the protagonist other than kill it for the sake of killing it? Monsters appearing randomly?
Jul 14, 2011 10:27 PM

Apr 2010
The episode was kind of boring.
But it was good to go into characteristics more
of the supporting cast. (Twin are adorable a always)

Hopefully what the 3rd episode will help out with plot
I have a feeling the narrator in the beginning is an important key
Jul 14, 2011 10:36 PM

Feb 2011
Whatever the twins are adorable ^^
Jul 14, 2011 11:06 PM

Oct 2009
What's up with Fumito (Café dude) talking about "touching a certain thing"? WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING, CLAMP.

Anyway, this is pretty boring so far. Like a lot of you said, the twins have pretty much been saving the series. Action scenes aren't that exciting and Saya's routine is so dull and normal. Talk about extreme slice of life.
If it doesn't get any better I might drop it. And trust me, I try my best not to drop animes - I only do it if it's something really bad or really long. ):
Jul 14, 2011 11:08 PM

Dec 2007
...OH MY GOD SOMETHING BETTER FUCKING HAPPEN IN THIS SHOW SOON OR I WILL LOSE MY SHIT.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2011 11:08 PM
Jun 2010
Boring. I find the slice of life genre not to my taste. Plus, I guess I'm the odd one out who didn't find the twins... entertaining. They reminded me exactly of the twins in Otome Youkai Zakuro and I wasn't crazy about them either.

I thought her breakfast would never end and then there was lunch...

I did notice though that when she got smacked into the water her glasses stayed on when she came up. :P I wish I had some nonloseable glasses.
Jul 15, 2011 12:46 AM

Mar 2010
Those twins........... are to damn cute! D: It should be a crime.
Jul 15, 2011 1:22 AM
Jul 2011
The marshmallow incident well its a lot darker that you all might think sure the twins play with it saying thats its like a kiss but the meaning Fumito is talking about relates to blood\living heart .
dominus12Jul 15, 2011 1:29 AM
Jul 15, 2011 1:37 AM

Sep 2010
A lonely backwater village infested with monsters..Thank you CLAMP. =/

Jul 15, 2011 1:46 AM

Sep 2008
For such a small village thing, they sure do have some bold, snazzy uniforms for school. On the other hand, I want some of that pink stuff...
Jul 15, 2011 1:48 AM

Oct 2010
dominus12 said:
The marshmallow incident well its a lot darker that you all might think sure the twins play with it saying thats its like a kiss but the meaning Fumito is talking about relates to bloodliving heart .
That's interesting. Thank you, now I need to pay attention to verbal metaphors and meaning variations. That's a good helper there.

Jul 15, 2011 2:12 AM

Jun 2009
GaZsTiC said:
7 minutes talking in the cafe about sweets.
5 minutes talking at lunch about sweets.
1 minute reaching towards a dog that runs away.
2 minutes spent singing.
3 minutes spent on boring love interest interactions.

3 minutes worth of fighting.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!

How true. I always wonder what this series really is about.
The story doesn't make any sense, too....
"I have to protect..."
Jul 15, 2011 3:01 AM

May 2009
Blood C Episode 2 was like Blood C Episode 1. Except with fuel for Tentacle Pronz.

Saya being moe moe average school life then bad ass fight scene. Neither of which of this segments are terribly impressive.

I have a feeling I know what they may be trying to do. Two episodes of ordinary life before shit hits the fan. (At least I hope so.The preview seems like something might happen next episode.) There are some changes and possible foreshadowing things here and there but it's still too hard to tell at this point. However, some of this just feels too much the same, where it's reaching levels of this is boring to watch. Honestly that dog better be some freaking huge ass part of this story other wise they could have completely cut out this stupid encounter with it. Cause it is just taking up time they could have used for something else more story related. I am sure they could have done something else with the song to make it shorter as well. Everyday life can get a bit repetitive and seem similar to one another but I don't think I have ever had two days that made me feel like it was a carbon copy of the other day like in Blood C.

They also could have done something with the main fight scene. Pausing to build tension before they fight. They should have spiced it up a bit.

[/end big long and not that great of a rant rant]
Jul 15, 2011 3:19 AM

Oct 2010
liking it so far, LOL, after she finished fighting, she thought; "what am i gonna do about my school clothes?" :p
Jul 15, 2011 3:23 AM

Feb 2010
I really wished that Tokizane be her "Haji".

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jul 15, 2011 3:26 AM

May 2011
I had high expectations for this series and this episode was such a damn drag...i got so bored i started skipping through scenes
<center></center>
Jul 15, 2011 4:02 AM
Jun 2008
Anyway, that bishie Tokizane look like the doggie the Saya met when she going to school.
Tokizane =dog
If my guess is wrong then its my bad lol

Deja Vu? I felt like the same bad atmosphere ,the same bad tempo and the same boring episode like the first one .no comedy, no ecchi to compensate the bad tempo of the Anime.... At least Blade's story is getting somewhere = ="

GaZsTiC said:

2 minutes spent singing.
To be honest, the singing part is the only thing that gives me a smile on my face.I enjoyed it ^_^
Jul 15, 2011 4:07 AM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
dominus12 said:
The marshmallow incident well its a lot darker that you all might think sure the twins play with it saying that its like a kiss but the meaning Fumito is talking about relates to blood\living heart .
That's interesting. Thank you, now I need to pay attention to verbal metaphors and meaning variations. That's a good helper there.
Wow, so deep\grimdark.
Jul 15, 2011 4:37 AM

Aug 2010
Ya so I'm not really liking this show =/
So many things just annoy me in this show like her singing and how they are making it seem like she likes her father. Also why would she just randomly bring food to that guy she isn't even friends with?? Plus I'm surprised she doesn't accidentally trip and kill herself with the sword while she is fighting, since she is supposed to be clumsy. Also her hair just looks really weird to me and I think that when they did the character design for her they shouldn't have given her glasses cause I'm always wondering in the fight scenes how they don't fall off.

Still I'll give it another episode or two and see if the plot gets better.
Jul 15, 2011 5:43 AM

Jul 2007
After first episode i thought "this can't get any worse"

Well, it just got worse...

1/5
Jul 15, 2011 6:02 AM
Nov 2008
Tokizane!!!! Enough said! :X:X:X:X
Jul 15, 2011 6:49 AM
Jul 2011
People complain that theres is no plot advance in these two episodes well there was some interesthing things we did learn in this one:
-saya mother died while figthing the "old ones"
-saya father doesnt know a lot about the "old ones" we know this because he is still consulthing the temple arquives about them .
-the sword is the only thing that can kill the "old ones" thus it seems that it is more than a simple figthing tool and will play a major role in the plot .
-the guy at the cafe seems to have a lot of back story with saya father
-The "old ones" a.k.a vampires seem to be in hibernation(thus the statue aparence of the first one) and the fact they rise from the ground in the opening
-Saya´s father seems to have some way to predict the time when one of them "wakes up".
Finally Blood C seems much more linked to the supernatural than previous blood series who tried to give a more cientific response to the nature of the vampires.
dominus12Jul 15, 2011 7:11 AM
Jul 15, 2011 7:26 AM

Jul 2007
dominus12 said:
-saya mother died while figthing the "old ones"
-saya father doesnt know a lot about the "old ones" we know this because he is still consulthing the temple arquives about them .
-the sword is the only thing that can kill the "old ones" thus it seems that it is more than a simple figthing tool and will play a major role in the plot .
-the guy at the cafe seems to have a lot of back story with saya father
-The "old ones" a.k.a vampires seem to be in hibernation(thus the statue aparence of the first one) and the fact they rise from the ground in the opening
-Saya´s father seems to have some way to predict the time when one of them "wakes up".

THats not plot advancement. Thats backstory and 99% of what you listed was obvious without show blatantly spelling it out. Next episode we find out:"Saya is a girl and she has black hair!".

That kind of pacing would be good for 100 episode anime, but not for 12 episode one.

Not to mention that even if this was 100 episode anime(god help us then) this does not change the fact that Saya is unlikeable messy klutz with zero sense of realistic personality.
Jul 15, 2011 7:39 AM

Jan 2009
Fai said:
dominus12 said:
[stuff]
THats not plot advancement. Thats backstory and 99% of what you listed was obvious without show blatantly spelling it out. Next episode we find out:"Saya is a girl and she has black hair!".
No, next time we'll find out that "Saya is in fact a guy. And moreover, an alien. And that hair actually conceals two tubes of an unknown gas. She needs those to survive, since she her alien lungs can't handle the air on earth."
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 15, 2011 7:40 AM

Jan 2011
DrHouse said:
bloodiedangle said:
I can honestly say that there really is nothing I look forward to besides that dog.
You like like the dog, too? You have good taste, he/she/it is clearly the most interesting character of Blood-C. SayaxDog is definitely my OTP.

But, nothing else good that I can say. Still having these gory fights for no reason, plot is awol(no, vague hinting about elder ones, and strange lights doesn't count, Clamp), characters are irritating, and the comedy is bad. Seriously, they spent almost 6 minutes setting up that stupid marshmallow gag, and they'll probably have to spend at least another 2 minutes next episode...

I guess I'll just look forward to more SayaxDog.

haha, you just gave me back my 20 minutes that I have wasted on this awful episode!
I fucking hate her! I don't give a single shit about everything she does, except when she's fighting and getting hurt!
Jul 15, 2011 7:52 AM

Oct 2008
Oosran said:
Fai said:
dominus12 said:
[stuff]
No, next time we'll find out that "Saya is in fact a guy. And moreover, an alien. And that hair actually conceals two tubes of an unknown gas. She needs those to survive, since she her alien lungs can't handle the air on earth."

That would actually make this series not boring...
Nope, we'll get more exciting plot developments like what Saya names her sword and what type of food does the dog like to eat...
What would probably get a laugh out of me is if Saya is decapitated for real and the rest of the show is about dogs and school life.

One more episode to change! You can always hope!
Jul 15, 2011 7:58 AM

May 2010
badbluesplayer said:

They better came up the plot if not I think I'll just see the same thing again and again. As for the fight I've seen worse
Jul 15, 2011 8:42 AM

Jun 2009
So another day in the life of Saya. Being a dull girl with a glaring lack of personality she hangs around with the twins from xxxholic, Dōmeki, Fai who runs a restaurant, and many other clamp cameo appearances. And then fights a monster.

Frankly I am finding myself subconsciously wishing that the monster would win. Maybe then something interesting would happen.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jul 15, 2011 8:48 AM

Jul 2007
AidanAK47 said:
Fai who runs a restaurant

I do not own a restaurant.

Otherwise agreed, this is abysmal.
Jul 15, 2011 9:19 AM

May 2010
Waiting for the plot. =,=

Yuri senses are tingling. lol
Jul 15, 2011 9:24 AM

Apr 2009
one more if they won't do something amazing/dark/grim/serious in ep3
then I officially acknowledge this as fail (of the year?) really maybe they want follow madoka and suddenly shock us? (I hope so)
and plot lol it was like 3min of it in whole ep they need to really speed up now
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 29, 2011

283 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 8, 2023 8:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.