Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2011 2:36 PM

Nov 2008
wth, Victorique became shorter at the end o_O

The lgiht novel gives more details for the mystery but the adaptation focused more on history and fairy tales. If they put more details for the mystery, this show would have been longer. I don't blame those people who prefers mystery than sleeping in history class and get disappointed with this XDD

The timeline for the war was messed up. Victorique once said that the history was filled with lies about what exactly happened to cover the truth. I want a time machine now to know the truth and correct my history professor XDD

I loled at Avril when she send the bottle to the sea and the waves returned it to her. Poseidon is a troll XDD I wish they all will be reunited once again...

I got teary at the end. The ending clip is like a fairy tale ending... They lived happily every after. Fin T____T

9/10

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 1, 2011 2:47 PM

Nov 2008
That was a great ending. Victorique looked really beautiful at the end with that dress and Kujo by her side.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 1, 2011 3:04 PM

May 2011
nice sweet ending for gosick. my heart was filled with emotions when I thought kujo had become injured or possibly dead. victorique's silver hair makes her look older but that white dress has to be my number 1 dress for victorique.

this series has been great one of my favorites. glad i watched it. the mysteries were great. the story and plot was just amazing.

10/10
Jul 1, 2011 3:24 PM

May 2011
Only show of the last couple seasons that I could legitimately give a 10/10

Great series.
Jul 1, 2011 3:59 PM

Oct 2010
Alex_Saxon said:

She stayed the same height, Kujo had grown taller.

I'm pretty sure they made her shorter and whiter for that last scene, she might as well be a ghost of a 9 year old with the hair and all... it still cute
huh?
Jul 1, 2011 4:07 PM

May 2011
Silgrond said:

For example: what the hell was up with the cultists in the first episode? Gather the hares in boxes, etc. I don't even know what was the point of it.

it a prediction of the first World War. the nations left standing were victors of a war. each country or "hare" as they say fought. and the eventual victors were the hares left standing.
Jul 1, 2011 4:13 PM

Sep 2009
Kujo losing his legs and being on the verge of death was a shock but when everything turned into a fairy tale--> *facepalm*
Brian bros and Cordelia's story should have been inserted before as everything just seemed too jammed in the last two episodes.
Oh Grevil♥...and without the drill, you are one beautiful man. Very, very stare worthy.

Didn't like the show much. The cases where bland, Vic was annoying, plot being in shambles at the end. So, average imo (had an awesome villain though--> Vic's daddy *shudders*)

PS. Really don't get how Vic received his letters.
Jul 1, 2011 4:26 PM

Apr 2009
The ending was very emotional and a tear jerker, but when you think about it, a lot of stuff (like, most of it) in this show didn't make much sense. So I can't give this anime a good rating. Cases were either ridiculous or too straightforward, the whole "mystery" barely existent, with the entire spotlight of the show stolen by relationship Kujo/Victorica. When main plot finally started, it created a ton of loose threads and all in all looked like it was aiming more for fancy fireworks than anything else.
Jul 1, 2011 4:29 PM
Dec 2010
That was even better than the Ano Hana and Madoka endings. Good job!

Sad to see it end.
Jul 1, 2011 4:33 PM

Jun 2008
REAL or Illusionary World???

Yet another series that ends in a HUGE question mark....

I'm not sure myself, is this Real or some illusionary after life world???

They showed Kujo loosing his legs in the war, and Victorique suddenly has Silver hair???

and that final scene with them walking into the distance.....I don't know, this seems too convenient to be the "Real world"
Jul 1, 2011 4:45 PM

Jun 2011
10/10 After Marathoning this show all last week i anxiously awaited the finale. This would be one of those shows where i couldn't watch week by week because the suspense would kill me. Although I know its almost impossible i hope they can do some kind of second season or spin off, with their kids possibly?
I'll reconstruct the pieces of chaos so that you may know the truth.
Jul 1, 2011 5:04 PM

Jun 2009
Surprisingly good ending.

7/10
Jul 1, 2011 5:08 PM

Jan 2011
Overall I really loved this series. The ending was really just epic and the series began okay and got progressively better!
I love random messages! :D
Jul 1, 2011 5:09 PM

Jan 2011
Ending was perfect, ; - ;
I loved it, *snif*

Series gets a 10/10 xD
Jul 1, 2011 5:37 PM

Jul 2008
alexcampos said:
REAL or Illusionary World???

I also am wondering about that. Kujo definitely lost his legs (or at least the use of them) in the war. Why else would that scene have existed? And why did Victorique's hair change color like that?

I don't even think the ending makes sense.
Jul 1, 2011 5:49 PM

May 2010
Excellent end. They even drop me a candy near the end.
9/10.
Jul 1, 2011 6:05 PM

Nov 2009
so Victorique is 19 by the end of the episode and she still small....
was really moving but a little too quickly
NNNYYYAAA~ KAWAII~

Jul 1, 2011 6:07 PM

Nov 2007
i was surprised by the ending it wasent rushed at all :P last few minutes made me teary eyed XD

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Jul 1, 2011 6:23 PM

May 2010
zeroryoko1974 said:
Great show, how did Victorique turn her hair silver?

Probably Brian put hair dye inside of Victorique's nun hair thing.
"I don't need a reason to save someone"

Kamijou Touma
Jul 1, 2011 6:49 PM

Nov 2009
Nice end. But they still didn't explain the two Roscoes clearly :/
Jul 1, 2011 6:52 PM

Jul 2010
I didn't find the ending that hard to understand. Victorique probably dyed her hair with harsh chemicals or something of the like. Kujo's legs disappearing was an illusion. They both meet at the end and the clothes/scenery changing was due to them moving on with their life. Since the dress was white I wanted to say they were getting married, but Kujo wasn't really all that dressed up.. so.. I don't know. Anyways, the idea of the ending being a fantasy world is just weird.

If Roscoe seriously would have died by falling off that cliff I would've been so pissed. How lame. Well, thankfully he didn't end like that, although he still did die. Grevil finally came around. Yes! I would have liked it to be a bit more monumental than that, but oh well. And for the record, Victorique's hair silver > blonde.

The first half of this series was all right, the second half was great. 7/10 seems right for now.
Jul 1, 2011 6:58 PM
Sep 2009
Exhale said:
This anime was just awesome.
I think I'll miss watching this.

Still, good thing the fortune teller was not all that right after all.
Would've been sad if Kujo had actually died.

He was right that they were torn apart but i feel that they didn't let us feel that fact 'cause the ending was so rushed.
Jul 1, 2011 6:59 PM

Sep 2008
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
i found this whole series confusing, the ending helped me leave things as they are, but i cant help but wonder what this feeling of confusion is, as if i missed out an episode, if it wasn't for this feeling i would be giving this series a much higher rating, but i cant give it much of a low one because that ending was so nice :)

Pretty much this. The first half was easy to follow but later, things were about riddles and illusions and what not. I'll give it a 8/10 though but it did feel rushed and I sort of lost track what was going on.
Jul 1, 2011 7:16 PM

Mar 2011
such a beautiful and nice ending. Victorique's silver hair :). Such a shame it's only 24 episode, i want more...
Jul 1, 2011 7:29 PM

Jul 2010
That was a great ending. Victorique's silver hair is so beautiful.
Jul 1, 2011 7:30 PM

Jul 2010
Really disappointed with the ending. It felt really too rushed, I mean what's the explanation behind Kujo's vision/dream/illusion? And the final scene where they walked off into the distance; I felt like Kujo was leading a child along, instead of a woman. The first half was interesting but this went downhill in the last 3 episodes.

7/10
Jul 1, 2011 7:43 PM
Feb 2011
I normally hate endings like that, but they did it wonderfully. I agree with most that the mysteries were subpar, but the last episodes were amazing.
10/10
Jul 1, 2011 7:44 PM

Dec 2010
Silver hair = Gray Wolf
Jul 1, 2011 7:51 PM

Sep 2008
PS. Really don't get how Vic received his letters.

Jupiter Roget gave em to her when the boat stopped. He probably got them from Grevil because Kujo probably addressed them to either the school or him.

GarLogan78 said:

I also am wondering about that. Kujo definitely lost his legs (or at least the use of them) in the war. Why else would that scene have existed?

It's supposed to be metaphorical. His legs are like his will and what will get him to Victorique. He nearly died after all and could have been dreaming/having the illusion that he could never make it back to her. (but of course he remembered the ring and etc, you know the rest.
Jul 1, 2011 8:30 PM
Jun 2011
lovely worth the 24 episode true love can go a far way somethimes
Jul 1, 2011 8:35 PM

Jul 2010
im so sad this ended im going to miss this show

Victorica I LOVE U <3 she looks so cool with silver hair
10/10 they need to make a 2nd season also a perfect ending
Jul 1, 2011 9:05 PM
Jul 2011
I signed up today just to post this.

The series has touched my heart. It has been a great thrill to watch GoSick. By far the greatest show I have ever watched in my life. I am truly saddened that it had to end but after 24 episodes I cannot complain too much.

The illusion of Kujo's legs broken off made me believe that he was done for in the war but then they snapped to him meeting victorique. What a twist ! and a great one at that.

I really hope another season is produced. I am not aware of the book series in any way so im not sure If the anime is supposed to reflect the books entirety and no other season continues this one.

But I do ask because I really love this anime and I would love to see more in the future. Is their a possibility of a future season of GoSick ?
-----

The last episode is the most touching to me, I really wish Kuju would have told Victorique "I Love You" but I guess the creators left that as implied than vocal meaning. I could not ask for a better show. Truly 11/10. The best, I will probably never run into a show this amazing .. so I think ;)
Jul 1, 2011 9:22 PM

Aug 2008
Wonderful series but... cliche and anticlimatic ending. Sorry, it's just that the ending was too predictable and happy for me. Also, being somewhat knowledgeable about WWII, the last part made no historical sense whatsoever. Japan was just about to invade China starting in the 1930's, and that was also around the time WWII started. So wtf were they talking about when they said the war had ended? It's 1929, the beginning of the storm!

Oh well, that aside, series was wonderful. 9/10 for me. Had they given this a decent ending, would have been 10/10. But I didn't like this last episode.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jul 1, 2011 9:34 PM

May 2011
In response to the voting poll ... Victorique's father is the one who hated this episode

Anyway I decided to wait till the last three episodes all came out to watch and I'm glad I did.
This last part threw out all the case solving part of the show and became epic with war scenes, cordiela's sword fighting, people dying, tear jerker moments and a nice happy ending for kujo and victorique.

all in all it was a pretty good show, nice art, good songs and a nice story
Jul 1, 2011 9:47 PM

Sep 2008
This ending episode, by far, is the best ending episode I've watched so far, much better than Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica ending episode.

I haven't cried for a long time, ever since Clannad After Story and Magnitude 8.0. This is, by far, the only episode, that makes me tears-jerking this year.
Jul 1, 2011 9:50 PM

Feb 2010
Wow. EPIC finale. The last few episodes were stellar. I could feel the longing between Kujo & Victorique. <3 <3 Glad they were married & reunited.

I have to give this a 9/10 because this series saved itself the 2nd half... I was thinking an 8/10 but I am thrilled that the last few arcs were so good.

Epic greatness... just as a show should be. :P
Jul 1, 2011 10:29 PM

Jun 2010
SO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL THESE ARE THE KINDS OF ANIME I LIVE FOR
Jul 1, 2011 10:31 PM

Jan 2011
Another tear-filled final episode (not quite as much as Anohana or Clannad AS, but still pretty damp). I think you have to look at this as an alternate history, rather than complaining about anachronisms regarding the dates of the second world war. It certainly looked like Kujo was in the Kwantung Army, but they may have been fighting against the Soviets rather than the Chinese (or both as the Soviets made significant overtures to Chiang Kai-Shek in the true history line).

I thought this was a 10 about half-way through, based largely on the developing relationship between Kujo and Victorique and the ending did not disappoint. It looks like Victorique found her way to Kujo's house and spent some time there with his family before the end of the war. Keeping in mind that Kujo probably went into the army at age 16 or 17, it is quite reasonable that he would grow a little bit more before being reunited with Victorique.

Here's hoping the upcoming season will be as strong as this one.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 1, 2011 10:41 PM
Oct 2008
No Kujo didn't lose his legs. Just his imagination/nightmare. If you noticed, then you'd see he was in the desert. Kujo fought in the 'north', where there are no deserts.
Losing his leg is only a metaphor that he lost the ability to reach for Victorique and that Kujo feels alone in the world without her by his side.

Overall, I didn't like the ending where Victorique was wearing white clothes (bridal robe?).
1) She didn't grow a little bit.
2) Blushing (in love?) Victorique doesn't suit her.
3) Very unclear scene: did Victorique got married to Kujo? If so, why wasn't Kujo wearing a suit.
4) Where did they get the dress from?
AteniasJul 1, 2011 10:53 PM
Jul 1, 2011 11:03 PM

Jan 2009
dantesmaster said:
so Victorique is 19 by the end of the episode and she still small....
Well, her mother never grew much either, and she must've been at least <insert some random age over 30 here>.
Just sayin'.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 1, 2011 11:04 PM

Feb 2011
The ending was deeply imprinted on my mind.

Tragic but good ending.

9/10
Jul 1, 2011 11:11 PM

Mar 2009
7/10
Jul 1, 2011 11:14 PM

Jan 2011
Started good, dragged out in the middle and ended great. Increasing to 8/10 just for the last couple of episodes. If it was 12 episode show, it would have been way better.
Jul 1, 2011 11:17 PM

Dec 2010
It should have been a 25/26 episode show.

There are some pacing issues here and there, and the details of the mysteries could have been tweaked to fit better. These last two episodes would've been better as 3 episodes.
Jul 1, 2011 11:30 PM

Mar 2011
The ending is one of the most beautiful endings i've seen this spring. It's beautifully written, well made and well directed and it almost brought a tear to my eye when Victorique finally reunites with Kujo.

Overall, great ending.

Now, here's my full thoughts on the show:

Let's just say that this anime started off pretty badly but it ends up as a great anime with great visuals, great music and amazing character interaction.

The first 12 episodes were bland, but once it gets less into solving crimes and more of character interaction between Victorique and Kujo, it becomes way more watchable than ever. Episodes 17 and 18 were amazing and i think that when it gets more interesting after that. Miyuki Sawashiro as Cordelia is pretty much the highlight of this series, more than Victorique and Kujo.

And i'm actually sad off that many did not give this series a chance. if you had the patience to get until episode 16, then this series becomes better. But again, patience for an anime like this is rough and i understand it's criticism (which i explain below). Thank god i just got into series when Madoka's finale was delayed.

Now, here are are my main criticisms with this series:

The problem with Studio Bones is that most of their anime seemed to get better only when they shift their attention to the characters rather than the storylines. You see that in FMA, Ouran Host Club, RaXephn and this. They always set up the stories first and the characters later, and that's one thing that i have trouble with Bones anime and i think this is why some dropped Gosick. Hell, problems like these is one reason why i dropped Star Driver.

If they had established Kujo and Victorique's backstories early on and base their first half on both characters, it could make the anime much better. After all, this is a character driven story, so therefore the anime should start off developing characters first.

Overall, this is a great anime which could have been a masterpiece if it wasn't for the dull first half. If it wasn't for that, it would be much better than it was and less people would have dropped it.

8.5/10
Jul 1, 2011 11:34 PM

Mar 2010
Victorique still looking like shes 10 yrs old and kujo looks like hes in his early 20s is still highly disturbing. Would have preferred to see them both more mature looking. Decent ending though I guess.
Jul 1, 2011 11:42 PM

Sep 2010
Very good show the last two episodes were depressing, but it ended happily with Victorique and Kujo living together in Japan. =D

9/10 for the series cause there was some boring episodes.

Gosick After Story anyone xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 1, 2011 11:47 PM

Dec 2010
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

SoL countryside adventures OVA like the second ED fucking where?
Jul 2, 2011 12:50 AM

Oct 2010
How about the prediction of the prophet about they will definitely seperated by a strong gale(war) but their heart will always together? I thought this mean they will never meet each other again.

and anyone know about how does the visual novel ends?
Signature Removed
Jul 2, 2011 1:11 AM

Sep 2010
Grevil, you wonderful son of a bitch.
I'm diggin' the silver hair.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2011

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 31, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.