Forum Settings
Forums

Warner Announces Japanese Live Action Film of Rurouni Kenshin

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 12, 2012 6:20 PM
Mar 12, 2012 6:36 PM
Mar 2011
this should be good based on casting
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 16, 2012 3:51 AM
Jan 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lc_JmcRxdx8

^ Extended trailer (clean, w/o all those annoying bubbles and stuff) in HQ. lookin' pretty badass
May 17, 2012 3:19 PM
Apr 2012
Uhh....Jesus Erm. How are they going to pull off a small red headed man screaming HITEN MITSURUGI STYLEE!!! With an actual person, and make it not look utterly silly?
Oh this will be fun. This film better not suck, I hope to Christ it doesn't. DON'T MAKE ME KILL MY CHILDHOOD ANY MORE! Don't do what that Dragon Ball film done to me. Please.
Jun 30, 2012 1:56 PM
Jan 2012
I always though that Rurouni Kenshin would be good as an live action move. If done right it could be better then the anime.
Jul 1, 2012 6:23 AM

Jan 2009
Is it just me or Hollywood is running out of fresh ideas and they turning towards anime? I mean apart from this one they got Bleach too.
Aug 22, 2012 3:03 AM
May 2007
http://youtu.be/BpgmbCdM9HM

my review of it outside the theater.

try to imagine a samurai movie version of the live action initial d. they try to force a lot of material into this movie and it kind of gets lost what its using. its more stye over substance. the action is very well done. not over the top. not too gimmicky. the guy who plays kenshin does a good job. kaoru was great. yahiko is useless. sano is just forced into the movie with no proper build up what so ever. hes there just for the sake of being there. saito is kind of underrated in this movie. jin-e is an underdeveloped villain.

and the music is shit in this movie
Sep 18, 2012 2:02 PM

Aug 2012
Anyone know where I might be able to download it?

(Been reading bad reviews, thought about waiting for it to be in good quality, but currently don't really care, might as well get it over with)
Sep 18, 2012 6:43 PM
Feb 2011
Aww, live-action adaptations are always not better than the original anime. The film's gonna be shown in our local theater sometime next month and I'm excited to watch it, regardless of bad reviews. Nevertheless, I don't think this will ruin my impression of Rurouni Kenshin.
Dec 20, 2012 8:17 AM

Dec 2010
I hate to break all of you haters out there but I saw this movie sometime this month and I was satisfied by this a lot. The acting wise was superb, the choreography's top-notch, the plot was great and the casting did NOT FAIL.
Dec 20, 2012 9:30 AM
Jun 2012
to watch ... or not to watch.... that is the question....
ahhhh..... hope its not a total let - down !!
Dec 28, 2012 11:55 AM

Jan 2008
I'm 20 minutes into this film and all I'm thinking is: "holy crap why does nearly every modern day Japanese film look like a TV soap opera?"

And every main character looks 20 years old! What a disappointment.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 28, 2012 9:08 PM

Oct 2011
just watched this from the theatre <3
Jan 1, 2013 2:17 PM
Mar 2012
This movie left me somewhat disappointed. No Aoshi, no oniwaban :(
Jan 1, 2013 5:05 PM

Apr 2012
Even without Aoshi this movie didn't disappoint. The movie's plot might not be as strong as it could be (still a pretty good plot) and a couple of things were excluded as it could be but that is understandable as the film has a 2 hour time limit to work with.

I was really happy with the cast as they brought all the characters to life even those that weren't fully developed.

Now to the film's strongest point. The Cinematography. Damn!!! Was it epic. The cinematography of the fight scenes were nothing short of top notch. Some of the finest action scenes I have seen in a while. Takeru Sato take a bow. He really nailed the action scenes. His agility, speed, and gracefulness with a sword really had me squealing sometimes. No one could have played Kenshin better

9/10 is my rating for this awesome movie. Hollywood should take some notes. This is how you make a quality live action adaptation of a manga
Jan 1, 2013 5:26 PM

Dec 2012
Saw the movie today and I enjoyed it. They covered most of the first arc pretty well. The character development wasn't very good. There was so much ground to cover that they decided to omit that department, which I felt was pretty sad. We should of seen more of Kenshin's past as well. I hope if there ever is a sequel that they cover his relationship with Tomoe. It would be so awesome, as we'd enter Kyoto arc. Also, no Aoshi :(

With that said, the fight choreography was excellent. It's one of the best that I've seen! Also, the actors where all cast excellently, although I feel that the actor who played kenshin could of been more agressive when he needed to. He felt a bit soft most of the time.

Anyway, for a 2 hour movie, the movie was enjoyable, but the source material is of course better, since it's alot deeper than the condensed 2 hour version. Here's hoping for a sequel!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2013 6:56 AM
Sep 2008
Since I read that there was going to be a live action movie about this manga, I was pretty doubtful. After a couple of months of waiting and searching, I got the chance finally to watch it yesterday and it was beyond my expectations. I can say that this is the best manga/anime adaptation to live action film that I've seen. Of course, a movie can't cover so much but at least it covered the first two arcs. Takeru Sato did an excellent job as Kenshin for my surprise and the rest of the cast too. The fight scenes, (with wireworks instead of cgi effects) were very good made, making them looking almost real. It's a 2hrs 20min film and it didn't feel like that. I was hoping for more. To make it short, if you didn't have high hopes on this one, as I did, give it a try. You won't be dissapointed!
lysithea22Jan 13, 2013 7:10 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

12 by RobertBobert »»
38 minutes ago

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

10 by RobertBobert »»
40 minutes ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

41 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs

Nioxys - Yesterday

0 by Nioxys »»
Yesterday, 8:39 AM

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - May 13

2 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.