Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 11, 2011 11:03 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
they were all pretty stupid. that guy was obviously a traitor and there would be Undertakers there. even after knowing the branches of sin didn't work they just kept doing it. that fight with the evil loli was pretty brutal.

hoping they don't fuck the ending too bad.
Jun 11, 2011 2:32 PM

Aug 2010
holy mother of, that girl was beyond mental .___.; and the censor was fail lulz
shiro to the rescue again, so i guess the finale was the chip blowing up =I
Jun 11, 2011 2:33 PM

Mar 2010
Ahhh, the censors are really ruining this anime :( Really now, BLUR when an arm gets sliced or thrown? :(
Jun 11, 2011 2:45 PM

Aug 2010
paralyz3 said:
Ahhh, the censors are really ruining this anime :( Really now, BLUR when an arm gets sliced or thrown? :(

Yeah seriously, why did they censor that, it was quite clear what happened. The second grader had some screws loose, or rather all of them.
Jun 11, 2011 2:55 PM
Apr 2011
Very good episode. The twist took me by surprise haha! And that little girl... O___O
4/5
Jun 11, 2011 3:01 PM

Nov 2010
There was censors? There was none when i watched it.

Jun 11, 2011 3:04 PM

Dec 2010
Why shiro? why? o.o

Nagi getting chopped like that must've hurt :O
Jun 11, 2011 3:16 PM

Feb 2010
Damn that little girl was fucked up in the headdd....

Good episode overall. Still things to be explained.... needs some "crow"... i miss him.
Jun 11, 2011 3:28 PM

Sep 2009
It's always so lovely to hear FukuJun~ ♥♥♥
The little girl did scare me in the manga and the anime just made me remember her again. She buried her classmates in the flower bed *shivers*
Tired of complaining about the censors *sigh*
If only Ganta would blow up with the chip....
Jun 11, 2011 3:30 PM

Oct 2009
Ganta's such a bullshit person. He's a coward, wimp, and overall worthless character.
lucjanJun 11, 2011 4:52 PM

Jun 11, 2011 3:31 PM

Feb 2010
Damn Howl's good.
Jun 11, 2011 3:53 PM

Jan 2011
See, this is the good example of why lolis should not be reverted to masochism at an early age, they'll come back at you, not as a masochist, if not as a sadist, and a sociopath.
//shot

nah jk jk.. but yeah..
poor kid, she had a rought childhood :/ ..or is still in it?

anywho, ....SHIRO TO THE FREAKIN' RESCUE! <3
was so happy she appeared out of the random..
anywho, Rokuro's shirt reminds me of Portal 2 (or Portal 1...)
also, is it a bad thing that when the undertaker left, and they were left alone, I said "time for neurotoxin" xD;;; oh gosh I've played to much Portal lol

all in all, a graphic (somewhat..) episode, learned a new way of torture, cut peoples skin off for torture 8D

Linalee-Stratos said:

She buried her classmates in the flower bed *shivers*
Tired of complaining about the censors *sigh*
If only Ganta would blow up with the chip....

dang... then they were very small (by how they showed it in the anime..) might try to read the manga...

whaaaa, why Ganta... then the story would have no main character (unless Shiro was the main character...)
HakoshiJun 11, 2011 3:56 PM
Jun 11, 2011 4:20 PM
Nov 2010
Nice episode, I'm glad that school grade girl is dead, same with the white-haired one earlier... I wonder what's gonna happen now...:)

Oh, and yeah, some people lack screen time, Crow being in that group, too...:(
I hope that'll be better soon...

By the way, can someone who read the manga tell how this is progressing compared to the manga(just tell if it's still following it or is far away from it, if it's close to latest published or not)?
Jun 11, 2011 4:36 PM

Jun 2011
Ouch..
[sarcasm] So did not expect it to be a trap though! [/sarcasm]

Anyways, freaky school girls with freaky ways of torture.. yeah, nice episode.
Also, Shiro = win.
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Jun 11, 2011 4:41 PM

Jan 2010
Nagi is badass for still trying to pull the lever even when his ARM was cut off.

@Tomisavr7 The anime is progressing pretty well, it sticks to the story well enough. They're just going to be screwed if they continue with a second season because they cut out a character.
Jun 11, 2011 5:41 PM

Jun 2008
Why do i feel like theres something seriously wrong with this story now? Giving Ganda the chip and telling him you are our last hope? Why?
They hardly know the guy. Why so much trust? Is it because his a kid that they hoped he will be the one to make it out of there?

Also the whole thing would have made some impact and sense if we actually had time to care for the characters and knew them well, but really they were introduced so fast before this escape event occurred that they are still strangers making me feel nothing for getting all killed and butchered.
This makes the events look indifferent and the episode uninteresting.

Ether the pace is seriously wrong or the plot isn't presented correctly.
Jun 11, 2011 5:46 PM

Jun 2009
epic episode as always , that little girl is absolutely fucked up but that what made it an epic episode ..
i wonder what we'll happen to karako , i hope she's okay .. i really liked her :3
and shiro saves the day .. YEAH !!

i hope they'll announce a sequel , three episode aren't enough !!! =/
Jun 11, 2011 6:36 PM

Jul 2010
Totally unsurprising that the loli loves to torture people using her twisted logic. I've seen this how many times now? Well, at least she's better than the ones I'm used to.

Ganta, why so useless? Seriously, he just sits there on his ass while everyone's being a meatshield for him. And why are they doing this? Because he has the chip? Who cares! Give it to someone else. There's no point in giving it to him over someone else as far as I can see.

I would've liked to see more of Karako, but I guess she comes later. Shiro saves the day! And who's the new guy/girl near the end there? Yet another new character being introduced as the show is ending.
Jun 11, 2011 6:43 PM

Jan 2011
was i the only one that felt the ending was a bit rushed?,other then that nice to see Mr mockingbird.
Jun 11, 2011 8:19 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah, censoring on the arm-severing was totally fail and pointless. Especially when the exposed hunks of meat the loli was opening up on poor Owl were left perfectly exposed. I wonder what was up with that data chip that Shiro had to destroy it? I imagine it actually contained something that would either put Deadman Wonderland beyond suspicion forever, or some kind of virus that would prove how dangerous the convicts were. Maybe even just a bomb that would explode once Ganta carried it around for so long. Whatever the case, the traitor guy clearly blabbed to him about what it really was (off-screen of course), allowing him to warn Shiro to grab the drive.

I was wondering when that Mockingbird guy was going to show up. He's been in the OP the whole time and was one of the first Deadmen we glimpsed, but never got an introduction. Until now, when there's only 3 episodes left (in season 1, anyway).

4/5; nice ep, but -1 for fail censors and Ganta reverting to uselessness.
Jun 11, 2011 8:27 PM

Apr 2008
heidurzo said:
I swear I'm gonna have nightmares about that girl, although if Nagi can use blood already detached from his body why couldn't he just used the blood he already got on her. Anyways I'm gonna watch the BD of this episode, censoring the arm seriously.

Probably related to the vague workings of the nanomachines. We don't really know how the body produces them or what gets them working on the blood. That spurt on her when he shook the arm could easily be lacking them. On the censorship, the arm didn't really bother me like most people, but what I found really silly was the state they left the little girl undertaker in. He gives his one liner about making her blood rain and then she just ends up with her ass in the air and not a scratch on her? It's way too goofy.

Monad said:
Why do i feel like theres something seriously wrong with this story now? Giving Ganda the chip and telling him you are our last hope? Why?
They hardly know the guy. Why so much trust? Is it because his a kid that they hoped he will be the one to make it out of there?

Iilia said:
Ganta, why so useless? Seriously, he just sits there on his ass while everyone's being a meatshield for him. And why are they doing this? Because he has the chip? Who cares! Give it to someone else. There's no point in giving it to him over someone else as far as I can see.

This is pretty much the biggest problem. They've skipped over really large swaths of development, and the actions just make no sense at all in the context. Though he does at least have a little survival instinct. Couldn't help but notice he was the only one that tried to hide behind someone else when ultra priest ambushed them on the elevator. Lame but practical.

It's not like the manga of Deadman Wonderland was all that much more than a gory actionfest, but they've still sliced this pretty thin. It has its entertainment value, but I was really expecting better.
Jun 11, 2011 8:41 PM

Jun 2010
katsu044 said:
was i the only one that felt the ending was a bit rushed?

No your not, it's pretty much what Bio stated they skipped a huge chunk of character development for the sake of the blood and gore. :/
Jun 11, 2011 9:14 PM

May 2011
well this episode was pretty bloody and i think the deadly school girl and owl fight basically was the highlight of it all..

like everyone else said the censoring didnt have any point at all

and ganta is just standing there while people die around him. if he wasn't a main character i assure u all he'd be dead by now
Jun 11, 2011 11:15 PM

Aug 2009
Like I don't even know where to start. We are pretty much at the end of the series and we are still introducing characters. I mean like they would have to cut more storyline (like they have been doing) introducing new characters that could be left out. I hated when they diverted from the manga, but they have to make up their minds if they want to base it off the manga, or to follow it correctly.

And btw, explanation on undertakers? Why do there weps stop the power? How are they diff from the deadmen? Why do some undertakers (such as the loli) have this superhuman power? Are they deadmen?

And another thing. Why censor the arm getting cut off when basically Owl's body is getting ripped apart and you can see the veins and arteries?
Sig iz in deh makingz

Still learningz

:3
Jun 11, 2011 11:17 PM
Nov 2010
Naivette said:
@Tomisavr7 The anime is progressing pretty well, it sticks to the story well enough. They're just going to be screwed if they continue with a second season because they cut out a character.

Thanks, do you think that character can still be introduced later without completely ruining everything?
Jun 12, 2011 12:06 AM

Jun 2009
So Karako can handle that Robot but instead tried to play hero? xD
Jun 12, 2011 12:31 AM

Nov 2007
Otaku_Hikikomori said:
And btw, explanation on undertakers?
Nagi (Episode 8): "Of the absolute worst criminals, those deemed impossible to rehabilitate undergo horrible "correctional" programs. From the survivors, a select few are chosen as Promoter Tamaki's special enforcers."
Otaku_Hikikomori said:
Why do there weps stop the power?
Hibina (Episode 9): "Worm Eater. It instantly oxidizes the Nameless Worm that lives inside the Branches of Sin users. That means a Branches of Sin will fall apart, upon touching an Undertaker's weapon."
Otaku_Hikikomori said:
How are they diff from the deadmen? Why do some undertakers (such as the loli) have this superhuman power? Are they deadmen?
Rokuro (Episode 9): "Unlike these guys, your brain hasn't been messed with and your body's limiters haven't been removed."
Based on that I think it's safe to say they're not deadmen.

So yeah, it's all been explained. You're just not paying attention.
KantarouJun 12, 2011 12:34 AM
Jun 12, 2011 12:35 AM

Mar 2008
negativedemyx said:
No your not, it's pretty much what Bio stated they skipped a huge chunk of character development for the sake of the blood and gore. :/

I think it's less about skipping development for blood and gore than skipping development because they are trying to cram a lot of material into 12 episodes. I mean seriously with maybe a little stretching they could have fit things up to a decent break point into 24 episodes. Instead they are racing at top speed to only do 12. I can only guess the reason being is that they aren't sure about popularity and didn't want to gamble with more than 12 episodes, but the only good spot to cut off at is over 20 chapters (we're talking long monthly chapters) long. Thus Ganta's development suffers.

Tomislavr7 said:
Thanks, do you think that character can still be introduced later without completely ruining everything?

I think if they wanted to do a second season they could manage it. Without spoilers the missed character wasn't important for this arc. They could re-introduce the character early in the second season and make it work out alright.

Though honestly if they do a second season I seriously hope they give it a ton more episodes than they gave this season.
Jun 12, 2011 1:07 AM

Jul 2008
Eehh is this really Seinen and not Shounen?
Jun 12, 2011 1:16 AM

Feb 2010
mixed ep nice action but the plot was screwed up.
Jun 12, 2011 3:20 AM

Oct 2010
Its hard to feel sympathy for character that get ~5min screen time and then are chomp in little pieces... i guess the music does most of the emotional drive = \
Good episode nevertheless, I feel they are rushing through things but i haven't read the manga so im not sure how much they really had to work with.
huh?
Jun 12, 2011 3:39 AM

Oct 2010
that was so cool of Nagi, quite smart of him.

Ganta is being yet again useless, and why did Shiro chuck the stick into the fire, i guess it is something to do with what that new character said to her.
Jun 12, 2011 3:48 AM

Apr 2011
Thought the episode was great, as always. How come when Ganta used his BoS against that undertaker, it just disappeared in front of him without touching his weapon?

I feel that this could have been an amazing 24 or 25 episode anime, with some better backstories on characters and some more screen time for some too.
Jun 12, 2011 4:01 AM

Feb 2010
Good episode
yeah, Ganta was pretty useless, but he is only a 14 year old lol. Can't do much against adults with weapons when he can't use the branch of sin.
Jun 12, 2011 4:15 AM

Oct 2009
Hahaha, who wants roast beef?

No seriously, is this supposed to be dramatic...? The characters were like introduced the last episode...

Please don't screw up too much with the ending, actually, please do, it'd be more entertainning like this.

Everything is like la la la then it goes into lalalala light speed mode.

Zzzz, here comes idiot bastard Ganta. Shiro shouldn't be treated like what she will be treated like; ha that made sense.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2011 5:04 AM
Jun 2009
Late reply since I am a-kon right now and only one spot has internet that is free in all 3 hotels any way this ep was interesting sorta expected that betrayal and the loli undertaker was creepy and once again shiro was interesting to say the least
Jun 12, 2011 5:55 AM

Jul 2010
Boring. The show is going down really fast.
Jun 12, 2011 7:07 AM

Jul 2010
I really loved how Karako managed to beat the robot but then she fell with it, i guess she'll use her BoS to survive.
As for the loli, creepy indeed but not surprising, i felt sorry for Nagi, i was just starting to like him (someone go save him !!!><) And yes i was looking forward seeing the loli bathing in her own blood but then nothing...could it be Nagi just caused a little explosion causing her to collapse and didn't have time to finish her off 'cause of the traitor dude ?
Also, where the hell is Crow ? I'm sure he'd love fighting an undertaker and i'm curious to see how he'll manage to fight them knowing that the BoS aren't useful with them.
I'm definitely going to read the manga.
Jun 12, 2011 9:31 AM
Oct 2010
Kid with buster sword. Now that's something.
Jun 12, 2011 9:40 AM

May 2010
And that loli is pretty f*cked up in the head. She really reminded me of Czeslaw Meyer from Baccano because of " torture past".

It was kinda stupid for Nagi to let the girl slice him off for the sake of gore

then after some dramatic words, he managed to avoid her attacks. =,=

Didn't expect that data chip to be a bomb though. LOL @ the censor.

Hate to say this but this is really going downward. Hope, it'll improve.
Jun 12, 2011 10:36 AM

Jul 2009
Karako may be new yet she's easily may fav' so far; she's that bit less predicatble (not a common character type).

The looney loli' was way too predictable to suprise; we already had a fake moe.
Another expected element was 'little-girl-big-weapon' (not just by looking at the bag). Ontop of this; freudian excuse.

Everyone around Ganta getting hurt/killed is a common main character cliche, yet it seems there is a deeper purpose behind this otherwise familiar element, I'm waiting to see what is is, yet still, I'll guess it'll end up being a case of; Ganta is 'the chosen one'.

Jun 12, 2011 12:17 PM

Mar 2008
StormViruz said:
And that loli is pretty f*cked up in the head. She really reminded me of Czeslaw Meyer from Baccano because of " torture past".

It was kinda stupid for Nagi to let the girl slice him off for the sake of gore

then after some dramatic words, he managed to avoid her attacks. =,=

Didn't expect that data chip to be a bomb though. LOL @ the censor.

Hate to say this but this is really going downward. Hope, it'll improve.

Not sure where you were looking, but he hardly let her chop him up. You try avoiding a giant snake sword/whip sword that's moving a pretty high speeds and see how that turns out. The only reason he managed to avoid any was thanks to throwing off her concentration and making her attack wildly. Certainly dangerous to try, but somewhat better than letting her calmly attack. Also he didn't exactly avoid everything after he got her upset considering the whole "his arm got chopped off" part.

Not to mention that adapting when your main method of fighting is negated isn't easy.
Jun 12, 2011 1:10 PM

Feb 2010
Waaaah, evil loli!!!! Shit, what is this, Higurashi? And, is it just me or are snake-swords really popular in anime?
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Jun 12, 2011 3:36 PM

Feb 2010
Good episode, but really.
The part where everyone's finally in the elevator cracking jokes and SUDDENLY the priest ready to kill; way to make my heart hurt.
HNNNNGGHHH

<3
Jun 12, 2011 3:52 PM

Sep 2009
Heiru said:
whaaaa, why Ganta... then the story would have no main character (unless Shiro was the main character...)
Because Ganta sucks as a main character. Crow should be the one.
Jun 12, 2011 4:00 PM

Aug 2010
Renji Abarai called, he wants his Zabimaru back xD
Don't really like the kid, but the episode was awesome.
Jun 12, 2011 4:22 PM
Mar 2010
Aniki1990 said:
Waaaah, evil loli!!!! Shit, what is this, Higurashi? And, is it just me or are snake-swords really popular in anime?

Are you kidding? This show is as far below Higurashi, as land is below sky. I could start to explain ALL uncountable cheesy predictable things that are happening, but it would take way too much time.
Not that this anime is super bad, but its really nothing special
Jun 12, 2011 4:42 PM

Dec 2010
SheRebels said:
Renji Abarai called, he wants his Zabimaru back xD

hahaha thats exactly what I thought when I saw it lol. Sigh, the first half of the show had me super interested, now I can barely learn the character names before they die...seriously.
Jun 12, 2011 4:44 PM

Sep 2009
How did they not see that coming? After discovering that Rokuro or whatever was the traitor it should've been obvious that the data chip obviously didn't contain the information that they wanted. Shiro to the rescue again, I don't get the wound on her shoulder though. It just sort of appeared after the explosion when the fire would've been closer to her hands. o _o

Sakigami's a pretty spiffy looking character. o uo

I'm kind of happy that Karako survived, it was too bad about Nagi though. Unless he survived I don't even know. :U Derp, I've heard about that torture method before from my mom. Glad they didn't make it too detailed. xD;
Jun 12, 2011 6:43 PM

Jun 2010
Why Shiro why? It looks like Karako is back in the next episode.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viral_hun - May 21, 2011

234 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 14, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mystik - Jul 2, 2011

346 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

13man18 - Jun 25, 2011

161 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

banisherx - Jun 18, 2011

190 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lightyear8684 - Jun 4, 2011

130 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.