Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 16, 2008 3:00 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really touching episode. The fight scene towards the end was amazing.
There were some small changes from the manga but nothing big.
Jun 17, 2008 9:51 AM

Aug 2007
It was a really good episode, cant wait for next weeks.
Jun 17, 2008 1:29 PM

May 2008
uuuugggghh I want the sub so baaad

Jun 17, 2008 3:36 PM

Jul 2007
... increased my liking for Black Star. He's... not just 100% egotistical.
But AGH TSUBAKI DON'T ALMOST DIE LIKE THAT AGAIN.
Jun 17, 2008 6:34 PM

Feb 2008
love the scene when tsubaki fought her brother, this is the first time i got to see tsubaki fighting by herself, if my memory did not fail me. really well done.

Jun 17, 2008 6:59 PM

Aug 2007
Great episode.
It was pretty touching and I enjoyed it.
Jun 17, 2008 10:45 PM

Mar 2008
awesome character development for Black Star and Tsubaki. i have to say, even though Tsubaki shined this episode, it was awesome how Black Star just took the villagers punishment without attacking them back...until one of them tried to mess with his partner
Jun 17, 2008 11:59 PM

Jan 2007
I can't say it enough, I love the chemistry between Black Star and Tsubaki. I really liked how her fight went.
Jun 18, 2008 1:15 AM

Jan 2008
YEAH! That was probably the best episode up to date! Tsubaki is so nice! I agree I love the Tsubaki x Black Star pair. Can't wait to see the Fey blade in action now.
Jun 18, 2008 2:06 AM

Feb 2008
This episode was simply amazing! By far my favourite yet!

Tsubaki is so awesome, definitely my favourite female character from this series :D
KayroJun 18, 2008 4:46 AM
Jun 18, 2008 3:59 AM

Sep 2007
This series is win. I was thinking that Tsubaki/Black Star were my least favorite team, but this episode was so awesome that I like them all about equally, now.
Jun 18, 2008 5:06 AM

Apr 2008
This episode was great! Blackstar wasnt anoying at all he was even badass for 3 whole seconds.The previeuw looked good, next episode will be a Soul/Maka episode so thats a win.

After 3 episodes where Blackstar didnt anoy me to death. I might start liking hem.
now this is the way i like my meisters!
1. Maka/Soul
2. Blackstar/Tsubaki (all thanks to this episode. Before i hated Blackstar and didnt know anything about Tsubaki)
3. Kid/Liz/Patty
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Jun 18, 2008 6:29 AM

Nov 2007
This episode really had me so mutch that I almost started crying,
But let's not forget it's Black Star he always makes you laugh at the end ^^"
Jun 18, 2008 8:12 AM

Mar 2008
everyone likes black star just a little bit more after that episode =]
cute seeing how tsubaki and black star met =] so very typical black star! XP

oo and preview..soul in a suit XD so cute! can't wait to see that.
and i was wondering who the red devil looking dude in the opening was..i guess we'll find out (those of us who havent read the manga anyways)
Jun 18, 2008 8:36 AM

Oct 2007
It was a good episode, but I have to admit, it was a bit boring sometimes.

Black Star hasn't improved one bit from the position I've given him(dead last), but at least I saw a little chemistry between him and Tsubaki.
Jun 18, 2008 11:17 AM

Oct 2007
I still don't get how Tsubaki won. I'm not crazy about the whole main characters gets pwned for 90% of the fight, then miraculously wins at the end...a lil cheesy if you ask me. I can handle a 60/40 fight where the main character wins, but a90/10....c'mon. Then at the end he stabs her...and still loses?????? I just don't get it.
Jun 18, 2008 11:48 AM

May 2007
Great episode, Tsubaki kicking some ass was just awesome.
And HELL YEAH Black Star! These two are such great partners.
The ending bit with the hug was really sweet too. <3

Jun 18, 2008 11:59 AM

Oct 2007
NoyaChan said:

Lol, yeah. "Come give Black Star a hug"
Jun 18, 2008 12:33 PM
Jun 2008
It was awesome. Great character development and the animation was awesome.
Jun 18, 2008 3:18 PM
Dec 2007
Apart from the fantastic opening & ending and the awesome animation, Soul Eater is really a letdown for me. I expected a masterpiece and I just get a good anime with very basic plot, average characters (the only characters I find somewhat interesting/realistic and not annoying/ridiculous are Soul, Maka and maybe Stein too) and not an ounce of development in 11 episodes. I mean come on, is it what you call a development just now ? We're almost at the half of the series and all that we get are episodic, almost filler episodes with no general story, lame humour, shonen battles even less interesting than Naruto or Bleach (I agree with lifeordeath2 on that) and tons of clichés everywhere. This show could have been far, far better, and without the technical side of the series (and I know it's REALLY impressive) I wouldn't be watching this anymore.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 18, 2008 5:04 PM

Jan 2008
Black Star and Tsubaki were my least favourite pair at the beginning, but this episode ended up being one of my favourites so far! It was really interesting and the story was great. The next episode looks good too! Of course ;)
Jun 18, 2008 5:48 PM

Apr 2008
@Jacut: Um this series is scheduled for 50+ episodes so its still some way away from half.
Jun 18, 2008 6:36 PM

Jun 2007
Why do people always have to pick favorites. So far I love every single character in the show. An amazing episode this time. Tsubaki was awesome, Black star proved he can be more then a loud idiot. And the preview looks even more amazing.
Jun 18, 2008 6:45 PM

Oct 2007
Simply Awesome! Tsubaki's fight scene is so cool & BS is still #1 bad-ass. Good thing the drama part is well mixed. We're getting closer to the Christmas Party... Can't wait for it X3

Jun 18, 2008 7:09 PM

Feb 2008
awww it was so cute when she started crying...hahahah i was like...awwwww
Jun 18, 2008 7:13 PM

Oct 2007
Fantastic episode. This show is exceeding my already high expectations fast. I'm usually not big on shounen fighters, but Soul Eater is a joy from beginning to end.
Jun 18, 2008 8:09 PM
Feb 2008
This week's episode was pure gold. I loved the fight scene, but what I liked the most was Tsubaki's development into realizing that she has a scent. Black Star also showed a lot of maturity by taking all the blows. I was hoping Masamune would be a more sinister character and they would actually explain why he took to the path of Kiishin. Oh well, sibling rivalry works prettty good as well. I really look forward to next week's episode...it's getting good and the first major arc is coming upon us fast.
Jun 18, 2008 8:20 PM

Jan 2008
That was an excellent episode!
Jun 18, 2008 10:47 PM
Feb 2008
wow, that was a great one. I seriously almost cried when Black Star was getting beaten up and still just sitting there. The animation during Tsubaki's fight was amazing, and the music was epic too. Still, the main plot of this show is still a little iffy. I've liked the episodic ones, like this, but I've yet to see the overarching storyline. We'll see, I suppose. I'm hoping to get more world physics and explanation in the next few episodes.
Jun 18, 2008 10:59 PM

Oct 2007
I see that no one else was bothered by the whole "how did Tsubaki actually win?" question...on a side note, if this comes to American television, no way are they gonna show all that blood, lol! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the anime as a whole, but this one ep was just cliche cheesy.
Jun 19, 2008 12:32 AM

May 2008
One of the best episodes so far. This show is just fun to watch, and the drama was done nicely in this episode.
Jun 19, 2008 11:52 AM

Jun 2007
lifeordeath2 said:
I see that no one else was bothered by the whole "how did Tsubaki actually win?" question...on a side note, if this comes to American television, no way are they gonna show all that blood, lol! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the anime as a whole, but this one ep was just cliche cheesy.

They weren't fighting with their real bodies. They where inside the fey blade. Which is why Tsubaki managed to get run trough by a sword several times. I think the damage shows was more of a loss of willpower or something like that. I mean she looked fine once she got back right?

And if that doesn't please you, its anime, those things happen all the time.
Jun 19, 2008 1:06 PM

Apr 2008
Best episode so far, and I mean it this time. I rated it a 5 out of 5 on the poll. The animation and the music were are their best. I felt like I was watching a movie! The battle between Tsubaki and her brother was beautifully animated. Tsubaki's character development was strong yet subtle, which I really liked. I also like Black Star a tiiiiny bit more now. He's still annoying to me, though.
Jun 19, 2008 5:57 PM

Feb 2008
Bunji said:
One of the best episodes so far. This show is just fun to watch, and the drama was done nicely in this episode.

Totally agree.
This was a great episode. I absolutely loved the way the fight scene between Tsubaki and her brother was handled and the interaction between Black Star and Tsubaki were really touching. The preview for the next episode has me so excited!!
Jun 19, 2008 7:02 PM

Apr 2007
OK, I've got to ask, is everyone in this topic proficient in Nihongo? Or is there some sub group out there that's actually released this high? Rumble's only got up through 9 that I've found and the only group I've found a 10 for is Black-Lotus, and they're releasing rather sporadically, so I don't wanna switch to them and not get anything released until episode 15 for some random reason.
Jun 19, 2008 8:09 PM

Jul 2007
I've loved this story arc with Tsubaki, she's been one of my favorite characters so far. Black Star just gets better and better, and proves he's not just the lameass shounen lead that he was obviously made to parody.

Roketsu said:
OK, I've got to ask, is everyone in this topic proficient in Nihongo? ....

Off topic, but Tadashi is subbing this, and generally keeps up to date. They also release PS3 compatible files, which you may or may not care about.
Jun 19, 2008 9:05 PM

Oct 2007
Tadashi does subs pretty quick...look it up on tokyotosho

Roketsu said:
OK, I've got to ask, is everyone in this topic proficient in Nihongo? Or is there some sub group out there that's actually released this high? Rumble's only got up through 9 that I've found and the only group I've found a 10 for is Black-Lotus, and they're releasing rather sporadically, so I don't wanna switch to them and not get anything released until episode 15 for some random reason.
Jun 19, 2008 11:30 PM

Apr 2007
Awesome, thanks guys :D
Jun 19, 2008 11:47 PM

Apr 2008
Jacut said:
Apart from the fantastic opening & ending and the awesome animation, Soul Eater is really a letdown for me. I expected a masterpiece and I just get a good anime with very basic plot, average characters (the only characters I find somewhat interesting/realistic and not annoying/ridiculous are Soul, Maka and maybe Stein too) and not an ounce of development in 11 episodes. I mean come on, is it what you call a development just now ? We're almost at the half of the series and all that we get are episodic, almost filler episodes with no general story, lame humour, shonen battles even less interesting than Naruto or Bleach (I agree with lifeordeath2 on that) and tons of clichés everywhere. This show could have been far, far better, and without the technical side of the series (and I know it's REALLY impressive) I wouldn't be watching this anymore.

If you were that expectant than you should have read the manga. The fact is that the anime follows the manga almost PERFECTLY and while some changes are good, completely changing the series just to please people like you would just simply be dumb. As for the anime minus the manga I dunno what you're talking about. It has very unique characters and wacky art that is a nice change from other anime. However, since many people enjoy it and while only a few people don't I would just say this just isn't ur cup of tea.

As for the episode...it was AWESOME Blackstar was obviously raised a bar on my list. Right now Blackstar and soul are competing as my fav characters but they both do one awesome thing after another its hard to choose! But after that episode definently Blackstar is on top at the moment.
Jun 20, 2008 3:26 AM

Feb 2008
If anyone can took a beating, its Black Star alright. But man, I still feel sorry for him. No one deserved to be beaten like that, specially someone that people easily misunderstood for what was not. I won't mind being his weapon now but I still prefer the feel of Kid's pinky ^^"

I think the fighting scene was freaking awesome albeit how short it was. An-co-ru an-co-ru an-co-ru (encore encore encore) XD

Gah stein is too psycho-manly for me to ignore *drools*

Jun 20, 2008 8:38 AM

Mar 2008
HannahKri said:
NoyaChan said:

Lol, yeah. "Come give Black Star a hug"

I couldn't help but utter an "awwwwwwwwww" when he did that, i didn't think he had it in him XD
Jun 20, 2008 9:45 AM

May 2008
datsunvic said:
That was an excellent episode!

It is, and nice ending
Jun 20, 2008 6:54 PM

Apr 2008
The fight between Tsubaki and her brother was just pure quality.
I'M NOT A RETARRRD!! I'm malfunctioning!!!
And Keep On Breaking Reality!
Jun 21, 2008 9:54 AM

Aug 2007
Hell yeah.. after this episode, I started to like tsubaki even more ^^'
Jun 21, 2008 10:56 AM

Apr 2008
Ughh, I hope Black Star/Tsubaki will be canon.
I HOPE SO.
So wrongggg, but so righttttt~! D':

Can't wait for next week's.
Soul in a suit?
Yes. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2008 3:44 PM

Jun 2008
It was a good episode
poor Black Star getting hitted by those crazy idiots
i'll smack them and sock their face and stomach.
Awww i can't believe it that she has the form of her brother, i knew she didn't lose!
if she losed then Black Star will cry and the others too and He'll have to find a new weapon
I wonder what Tsubaki did to her Brother's Soul is she gonna eat it? or did she allready did
its confusing because i don't see her in the anime that shes eating her bother's soul sense
she won the battle of Her VS her Brother. Hope to see the Next
Ep Soon D:
Jun 21, 2008 8:43 PM

Jun 2007
Black Star isen't so annoying anymore!!! (I hope this lasts... doubt it.)

Nice Episode... there was quite a bit of character development but I rlly rlly wish they would just get onto the main plot and maybe some character development with Maka and Soul who are supposed to be the main characters and I'm not seeing too much of them >_>

(I can't believe I find Soul kinda shmexy... =.=;)

Jun 21, 2008 8:52 PM

Feb 2008
Loved this episode - kind of got a lot deeper than I expected from the series. I'm actually looking forward to the next Tsubaki/Black Star episode now.
Jun 22, 2008 10:50 AM

Jun 2007
That was a really good episode with nice fights and hugs x3
Tsubaki was a good character but now is an awesome char.

ummyeah said:

Can't wait for next week's.
Soul in a suit?
Yes. <3

Oh yeah
Jun 22, 2008 10:52 AM
May 2008
I really like Black Star, but I personally hope for more Soul.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 2, 2008

145 by WispyUmbra »»
Apr 2, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xLtay - Jul 22, 2008

115 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

WinterNightsFall - Jul 16, 2008

101 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Apr 28, 2008

116 by MORANGA »»
Mar 31, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cbkh915 - Mar 30, 2009

614 by Biisoo »»
Mar 30, 1:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.