Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2011 11:30 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Why would his mom think that there was any possibility of him actually winning if that had been a lottery entry form?
Nov 24, 2012 9:49 PM

Jun 2012
jacobpaige said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Why would his mom think that there was any possibility of him actually winning if that had been a lottery entry form?

ha ha yeah he has the worst luck.
just found out that the episode forums apear to be new for this show so this is a little late.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Mar 10, 2013 1:48 AM

Jul 2012
As the viewing cover opened to show space I'd be like "wtf my planet doesn't even have interstellar travel yet" and turn around to ask "I'm fucked right" as the guide goes yup.

ahahah

so many smiles
Mar 10, 2013 9:50 AM

Sep 2012
lanfire said:
As the viewing cover opened to show space I'd be like "wtf my planet doesn't even have interstellar travel yet" and turn around to ask "I'm fucked right" as the guide goes yup.

ahahah

so many smiles

LOL
Mar 10, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2012
MC parents are the worse, they want to get rid of him cause off hes bad luck!!! its my second time watching, first time was meany years back, i say 1 thing, in GXP hes bad luck dose him a bit good to, when u watch more then u know what i mean LOL, example what happen'd to hes friend when he was near him? he was effected bi hes bad luck & that thing fell to his head, this shod be a good hint

at the end hes Mom: ton't forget to send us money. Me: ye right, u can only dream about it, u were selfish & wanted to get rid of him, so why shod he send money to u!?
Sugram22Mar 10, 2013 10:59 AM
Sep 2, 2013 7:19 PM

Apr 2008
Oh~ Ryoko Cameo! <3 Even though she has no lines! :(
Oct 11, 2014 5:46 PM

Feb 2012
OMG what is this I don't even... I cant understand what were they thinking. Maybe this could get better but I barely see something of interest in this story, which is really bad because I really like the other animes in the tenchi universe.
Dec 27, 2014 1:52 AM

Sep 2014
So I'm on a Tenchi mission to cover as much as the franchise as I can. And here I am at the proclaimed worst of the franchise.

There were flaws in the show but that doesn't mean it can't be analyzed and made better with a reboot.

Pros:
-The designs are not that bad.
-English dub could be a bit better but passable. The 2 that could be considered best mainly goes to main female leads Amane and Kiriko. Seina's Eng VA is decent.
-Music is a varied taste. It pretty much described the show as a zany and comedic one. Not necessarily a bad choice but YMMV.
-The story has a lot of potential. I've had it in my mind that the main Tenchi story is an homage to Star Wars. This premise immediately pinged me as Star Trek and as a sci-fi fan, I couldn't be more ecstatic.

Cons:
-Seina is the everyman. It's the basic arch-type to start a harem anime but due to overuse its become cliche and boring. Maybe if they hyped up his optimism despite bad luck. Like trying to explain or find a silver lining in his physical suffering. And maybe give him a bit of medicinal knowledge since he'd have to learn to treat his own wounds, pretty much everyday, and maybe a visible scar or two.

-His family: They're just terrible. The father is pretty distant and non-existent. The mom and daughter are overly pushy and they all wanted to get rid of him to make their lives better.

However...that could be useful. Maybe a bit of realism/or something. No family would be that happy with a member that causes problems everyday for everyone else. Not the best family dynamic but something that could've been revisited later in the series and developed for something different but similar to Tenchi's.

-Ryoko cameo: it was a cruel thing to do to the fans that wanted to see the old crew and pretty much pointless. Maybe there could've been a moment where Tenchi and Seina met and talked about the GP. Heck it would've been hilarious to see Tenchi explain outer space to the kid. Maybe the rest of the Family could join the hilarity.

And maybe a pat on the back/good luck from the older guy as a simple of passing the torch.

So overall, the first ep has a few issues that would plague fans but the animation crew were heading into unknown territory so mistakes and some elements may not please the many. But you can see that there is potential for some or equal to tenchi greatness.

3/5.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Mar 2, 2019 3:14 PM

Mar 2016
All I know is this is the best possible way to promote a harem comedy. Even if these girls are only half as incredible as they seem here, it will probably be worth it. Dear Lord:

And the ending song is great too.
syncrogazerMar 2, 2019 3:18 PM
Nov 28, 2019 2:10 PM

Aug 2015
there's a surprising amount of cartoon humor here- the way the bicycle handles continue to remain in space as if the rest of the bike is attached. You don't usually see that in anime.
as the first poster pointed out, I don't know why anyone would expect Seina to win anything lol though by "entering him in the sweepstakes," you could say his family were the winners here

Mihoshi cameo and (sadly, non-speaking) Ryoko cameo, yay
edit: apparently not Mihoshi

Like Mihoshi, Amane doesn't exactly inspire confidence even if she did manage to do CPR. I have a feeling everyone in Galaxy Police is a dimbulb
glassknucklesNov 28, 2019 7:16 PM
Aug 16, 2021 8:21 PM
May 2018
glassknuckles said:
there's a surprising amount of cartoon humor here- the way the bicycle handles continue to remain in space as if the rest of the bike is attached. You don't usually see that in anime.
as the first poster pointed out, I don't know why anyone would expect Seina to win anything lol though by "entering him in the sweepstakes," you could say his family were the winners here

Mihoshi cameo and (sadly, non-speaking) Ryoko cameo, yay
edit: apparently not Mihoshi

Like Mihoshi, Amane doesn't exactly inspire confidence even if she did manage to do CPR. I have a feeling everyone in Galaxy Police is a dimbulb

That was actually Mihoshi’s mom Mitoto. She made a cameo in the third season of the OVA.
Aug 24, 2022 12:05 PM

Jan 2020
I'm a little confused, like why tenchi lives here. maybe an alternate timeline from OVA and otherwise... Fill me in? XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 26 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 8, 2011

14 by Hesmiyu »»
May 22, 2022 7:20 AM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 17 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 8, 2011

3 by TheKing528 »»
Sep 17, 2021 4:24 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 14 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 8, 2011

4 by glassknuckles »»
Dec 6, 2019 2:22 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 13 Discussion

Fallenkingzero - Apr 21, 2013

2 by glassknuckles »»
Dec 6, 2019 2:20 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 12 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 2, 2012

4 by glassknuckles »»
Dec 6, 2019 2:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.