Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2011 11:09 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
why does she only know how to throw a fastball? hasn't she been pitching since preschool? It seems abnormal to not learn a second pitch in all that time.

the hoe would have bent or the shaft would have shattered before it took up a tree stump :/

I love how the coach dealt with the wannabe idol ;)

so why wasn't Mao practicing at the batting cages? it would have been more effective training since she'd have been able to do it for longer and it wouldn't have required her to exhaust their only pitcher.
Jan 9, 2012 12:09 AM

Aug 2008
Izumi is a MFing boss.

I'm happy to see Mao gain more confidence. She's essential for a win.

There's something about the way one uses the hoe that would affect how Ryo pitches in order for her to get the Lightning Pitch. I imagine though that such a throw is probably what injured her father in the first place which is why the coach doesn't want to let her in entirely on the secret yet.

I think I remember Ryo threw something other than a fastball when she pitched against Hiroki. Or maybe I'm remembering things wrong. I thought she had a curveball or screwball pitch.

I'm getting tired of the blond bimbo. I can't wait for her to finally take things seriously.
Mar 10, 2013 9:24 PM

Oct 2009
jacobpaige said:
why does she only know how to throw a fastball? hasn't she been pitching since preschool? It seems abnormal to not learn a second pitch in all that time.

She also knows how to throw screwballs at least, she was going to use it when she was competing with Izumi

willag said:
I'm getting tired of the blond bimbo. I can't wait for her to finally take things seriously.

She already has
Nov 14, 2014 3:19 PM

Jun 2011
So cheesy. Ryo pitched 100 fastballs at the same speed? Seriously? Please remind the writer she is still a girl, and she hasn't had the chance to pitch at her max yet so far because of the catcher, so.. how in the world did she build up the stamina for that. Even men would slow down after 80 pitches throwing at their max, and they had breaks in between every set too.

Of course at the 100th pitch, the catcher has a flashback or some sort, and she succeeded, because of.. yea her eyes got used to the speed.. yea only after 99 pitches.. yea alright.

Serhiyko said:
willag said:

She already has

Not in the sense of what willag wanted tho, and I can't really say that she was taking it seriously, she doesn't even try, let alone hard.

If they win against the Koshien regulars.. then.. well I can't really do anything.. I mean, they have 3 fucking years so.. they don't really have to win in their first year.. I hope the author still remember that they have 3 years, THREE YEARS.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 17, 2015 4:36 AM

Jul 2013
There's also reason why you are on the sex offenders list too couch.
Jan 11, 2020 1:39 AM

Aug 2018
finally time to prove girl rule and boys droll
Apr 10, 2021 7:38 PM

Jan 2010
I can see the cost cutting here and there. There's a good number of off-model moments in the art and animation, and there's quite a lot of stock footage used throughout the episode. Some animation motions are awkwardly paced, where the speed of a motion and the audio don't exactly match. There's also a lot of instances where, for example, Ryo throws a pitch, we hear a grunt indicated a failed catch, and a straight cut to the ball on the ground without showing the ball ever coming into contact with Mao. I also saw a lot of still image panning/zooming, as well as having characters' faces off screen to avoid animating them speaking. Hopefully this isn't the limit of the show, and it's just saving resources for later episodes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Nine Episode 3 Discussion

Phoenix_Hime - Oct 2, 2010

6 by Iron_Leopard »»
Mar 12, 2023 11:25 AM

Poll: » Princess Nine Episode 26 Discussion

jacobpaige - Apr 20, 2011

11 by carseatheadrest »»
Jun 20, 2022 9:45 PM

Poll: » Princess Nine Episode 24 Discussion

jacobpaige - Apr 20, 2011

6 by Shocked »»
Apr 13, 2021 12:36 PM

Poll: » Princess Nine Episode 22 Discussion

Serhiyko - Mar 12, 2013

4 by Shocked »»
Apr 13, 2021 11:40 AM

Poll: » Princess Nine: Kisaragi Joshikou Yakyuubu Episode 19 Discussion

Fronzel - May 6, 2015

3 by Shocked »»
Apr 12, 2021 8:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.