Forum Settings
Forums

Aniplex To Animate RPG Game 'Persona 4' [Update May 18]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 10, 2011 8:01 AM

Apr 2010
OOOOOOOOH MY FUCKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 10, 2011 9:18 AM

Nov 2007
It had better be a real adaptation and not something like P:TS

Anyway, definitely looking forward to this.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Apr 10, 2011 9:44 AM

Mar 2008
Awesome! I might have to replay the game before this. ;D
Apr 10, 2011 10:45 AM

Aug 2009
OMG OMG OMGGGGGGG

THIS MADE MY DAY... NO WAIT, MY FUCKING MONTH!!!!!!!!
Apr 10, 2011 10:51 AM

Mar 2009
Best news I've had this year. :D

{{ TCO }} {{ ACP }} {{ TSC }} {{ LAC }}
Apr 10, 2011 12:36 PM

Sep 2007
Wow really nice!! :3
Apr 10, 2011 12:38 PM

Apr 2009
Bitches and Whores: The animation.

I am going to enjoy this.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 10, 2011 1:37 PM

Sep 2010
I hope it's at least decent or a good show :>

Apr 10, 2011 1:38 PM

Feb 2008
Can't wait for this~ Hopefully it will be good.
Apr 10, 2011 1:49 PM

May 2010
heeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllll yeah :D
Apr 10, 2011 3:05 PM

Feb 2010
Nothing beats the sound of a million fans squee-ing in unison.
Apr 10, 2011 3:06 PM

Sep 2010
What happens if they give Souji a voice? That would kind of kill his character.
Apr 10, 2011 3:15 PM
Feb 2011
This is good news!
losslesswingsApr 10, 2011 3:19 PM
Apr 10, 2011 3:43 PM

Oct 2008
This news has just made my hellish week of coursework a million times better :D Halfway through replaying it right now too. So excited!!!! :D
Apr 10, 2011 3:43 PM
Dec 2009
CAN. NOT. WAIT. FOR. THIS <3333
Apr 10, 2011 4:01 PM

Oct 2009
Awesome! I just hope they dont ruin it, but if it is Aniplex i have high expectatiooons. I would like to see P3 anime to.
trustttApr 10, 2011 4:09 PM
Apr 10, 2011 7:51 PM

Jun 2010
scenco said:
What happens if they give Souji a voice? That would kind of kill his character.

Good Point. Persona MCs are notorious for being silent characters. hahaha
Apr 10, 2011 7:53 PM

Mar 2011
So... must we watch/play something before watching this anime ?
"I'm commander Shepard, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my favorite anime in the galaxy"
Apr 10, 2011 9:42 PM
Dec 2007
JohnShepard said:
So... must we watch/play something before watching this anime ?
Depends. If the adaptation is at least fairly loyal to the game, then it would be a good idea to play the game to see the overall plot. It's a good game, although the slow pacing can turn some people off, so I recommend it to anyone anyway.

Apr 11, 2011 6:15 AM

Feb 2009
Bitches and whores

I always believed Persona 4 had more potential for an anime than any other game in the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2011 8:09 AM

Jan 2010
CONFIRMATION!
p4a.jp

hoping for Funimation or Aniplex to pick this up just to hear JYB as Adachi
King_SamekhApr 11, 2011 8:12 AM
Apr 11, 2011 8:14 AM

Oct 2008
Yep! Confirmed!

I will laugh so hard at this!
Yosuke, Kanji, Teddie! Best comedy trio everrrrr!
Apr 11, 2011 8:18 AM
Jun 2010
So, AIC ASTA and Kishi Seiji as the director eh...
Uuuuh still need moar info @_@
Apr 11, 2011 8:24 AM

Dec 2006
Oresund said:
fuck this shit they renamed protagonist to Yu Narukami.

You know it's actually quite fitting since in the game everyone is referring to you as "You".

Apr 11, 2011 8:27 AM

Jun 2010
LOL, they renamed "Souji Seta" as "Yu Narukami"
Apr 11, 2011 8:29 AM

Feb 2008
Update Apr 12th
The official website of Persona 4 Animation has been launched.

Persona4 Animation official website

Staff
Director: Kishi Seiji
Music: Meguro Shoji
Production Studio: AIC A.S.T.A.

Cast
Narukami Yu: Namikawa Daisuke
Hanamura Yosuke: Morikubo Showtaro
Satonaka Chie: Horie Yui
Amagi Yukiko: Koshimizu Ami
Apr 11, 2011 8:36 AM

Nov 2008
didn't they make one before
Apr 11, 2011 8:38 AM
Jun 2010
Narukami means Thunder God rite?
Reference to MC's first persona maybe... since he resist elec :p
Apr 11, 2011 9:29 AM
Sep 2009
I really don't know about this. I love the game, but I highly doubt how well this fits to anime, especially the fights. And ...harem maybe? Please no.

.. but at least Shoji fucking Meguro makes the music, I can't imagine Megaten games without him.
Apr 11, 2011 9:31 AM

May 2008
Oresund said:

I know I saw that too. Dude, why. Where was he ever named that anyways? As far as I recall there was just Seta Souji. Unless there was some drama CD and he was named Yu there, but even so..that's just..ugh. Well, people better learn his REAL name, cause I sure as hell ain't ever calling him Yu. It's Seta Souji from start to finish and that's what I'm going by. So if people get confused and say 'Who the fuck is that', they can deal.

*challengeaccepted.png*

Apr 11, 2011 9:36 AM

Jun 2010
KayChan4U said:
Oresund said:

I know I saw that too. Dude, why. Where was he ever named that anyways? As far as I recall there was just Seta Souji. Unless there was some drama CD and he was named Yu there, but even so..that's just..ugh. Well, people better learn his REAL name, cause I sure as hell ain't ever calling him Yu. It's Seta Souji from start to finish and that's what I'm going by. So if people get confused and say 'Who the fuck is that', they can deal.

*challengeaccepted.png*

Well said my friend!

**Social Link Rank 4!!!**
Apr 11, 2011 9:40 AM

Feb 2009
Trailer

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2011 10:03 AM

Sep 2008
DaveStrider said:
Trailer

awesome~ from the trailer, it looks like the anime wont be straying away from the game ;D
it's kinda confusing now though coz the MC's name is different from the manga but whatever xD i think it's about time for me now to continue with New Game+ ^^
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012
Apr 11, 2011 10:13 AM

May 2008
Also for the sake of being random...where I live, today it's raining and foggy outside..man I am so dead LOL. I'm not touching my TV today.

Apr 11, 2011 11:21 AM

Apr 2011
i don't know how good the director is.he is the director of angel beats!.though angel beats was good but persona is something else.
i hope he make it right!
The boundary between dream and reality is within yourself.
Apr 11, 2011 11:46 AM

Nov 2008
AIC and Seji Kishi? This is going to suck. Really, Seji Kishi should stay exclusivly as a comedy director (I don't particularly like his style of comedy, but at least I an see the appeal in it.). I f you watched episode 4 of Angel Beats, you should know why I am saying that. There he tried to mix drama with comedy and failed hard, so he should stick to what he is comfortable with.

I haven't played the game, btw (although I have played a bit of the DS SMT titles), but I think that the Brains Base/Omori Takahiro combination which Aniplex utilized for Durarara would have been better suited for this.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Apr 11, 2011 12:34 PM

Jan 2009
good news <3
Apr 11, 2011 12:58 PM

Mar 2008
Oresund said:

This. Not gonna call him Yu Narukami, you can be sure of that. Although it's quite fitting if you don't know him differently so I guess it's fine either way. It's awesome enough we even get an anime, so I don't actually care what they call him.
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Apr 11, 2011 1:14 PM

Jun 2010
Looking forward to it, P:TS was...er... disappointing, but I got hopes for this anime.
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Apr 11, 2011 1:56 PM
Dec 2007
Farethy said:
Oresund said:

This. Not gonna call him Yu Narukami, you can be sure of that. Although it's quite fitting if you don't know him differently so I guess it's fine either way. It's awesome enough we even get an anime, so I don't actually care what they call him.
Come on guys, MC has NO CANON NAME. Are you that stuck on a random name a mangaka chose for him? Besides, if the name does refer to electricity, as someone commented, then it's even more fitting. Izanagi, MC's first Persona, WAS an electric-based Persona.

I'm a little iffy on the director, but the fact they got 4 of the original seiyuu back (including the MC's Seiyuu....yes, he had one since he yells out the Persona's names in battle) AND the music composer of the game to boot has me pumped. For anyone who's interested, here's the rest of the game's original seiyuu cast:
Kuma- Yamaguchi Kappei (Inuyasha, Ranma)
Naoto Shirogane- Paku Romi (Edward Elric, Hitsugaya Toushiro)
Rise Kujikawa- Kugimiya Rie (Shana, Aisaka Taiga)
Kanji Tatsumi- Seki Tomokazu (Sagara Sousuke,Chiaki Shinichi)
Leon-GunApr 11, 2011 2:05 PM

Apr 11, 2011 2:11 PM

Mar 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Come on guys, MC has NO CANON NAME. Are you that stuck on a random name a mangaka chose for him? Besides, if the name does refer to electricity, as someone commented, then it's even more fitting. Izanagi, MC's first Persona, WAS an electric-based Persona.

I'm a little iffy on the director, but the fact they got 4 of the original seiyuu back (including the MC's Seiyuu....yes, he had one since he yells out the Persona's names in battle) AND the music composer of the game to boot has me pumped. For anyone who's interested, here's the rest of the game's original seiyuu cast:
Kuma- Yamaguchi Kappei
Naoto Shirogane- Paku Romi
Rise Kujikawa- Kugimiya Rie
Kanji Tatsumi- Seki Tomokazu

Now he has a canon name, and actually, in contrary to what I said earlier, I kind of get used to it and it's puns.
Oh wait... that was not the reason I posted this, lol, I tend to get lost. Just wanted to say that it's great they kept the original voice actor cast, if I remember correctly, didn't they? Looking forward to Naoto, hurr, Paku Romi is just so fitting!
And not to forget Shoji Meguro, I can't wait to hear the soundtrack already.

Apr 11, 2011 2:18 PM
Dec 2007
Farethy said:
Leon-Gun said:

Kuma- Yamaguchi Kappei
Naoto Shirogane- Paku Romi
Rise Kujikawa- Kugimiya Rie
Kanji Tatsumi- Seki Tomokazu

Now he has a canon name, and actually, in contrary to what I said earlier, I kind of get used to it and it's puns.
Oh wait... that was not the reason I posted this, lol, I tend to get lost. Just wanted to say that it's great they kept the original voice actor cast, if I remember correctly, didn't they? Looking forward to Naoto, hurr, Paku Romi is just so fitting!
And not to forget Shoji Meguro, I can't wait to hear the soundtrack already.
Well, the one's I mentioned are merely a reference list in case they don't get them. But they announced that the voice actors of Yosuke, MC, Chie and Yukiko will be the same. so that's half the original cast already on board. Cross your fingers for some Paku Romi goodness too. xD

Apr 11, 2011 2:23 PM

Mar 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Well, the one's I mentioned are merely a reference list in case they don't get them. But they announced that the voice actors of Yosuke, MC, Chie and Yukiko will be the same. so that's half the original cast already on board. Cross your fingers for some Paku Romi goodness too. xD

lol, I'm seriously tired, I can see it, can't even read clearly what's written anymore.
Anyways, it'd be great but as you said they are probably gonna stay the same, or so we should hope because the original VAs did a great job in the game and it'd be a pity if they wouldn't be in the anime, too.
BUT AT LEAST SHOJI REALLY MAKES THE SOUNDTRACK RIGHT? Good, then at least about that I can be 100% sure and looking forward to. :D

Apr 11, 2011 3:07 PM

Jun 2010
Another countdown has started on the site, maybe a green lite announcement for this year?

http://www.mayonaka-tv.jp/
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Apr 11, 2011 4:16 PM
Dec 2007
Farethy said:

lol, I'm seriously tired, I can see it, can't even read clearly what's written anymore.
Anyways, it'd be great but as you said they are probably gonna stay the same, or so we should hope because the original VAs did a great job in the game and it'd be a pity if they wouldn't be in the anime, too.
BUT AT LEAST SHOJI REALLY MAKES THE SOUNDTRACK RIGHT? Good, then at least about that I can be 100% sure and looking forward to. :D
Yep, he is. I'm looking forward to the Engrish lyrics lol.

Edit: I checked the ANN news and they seem to imply the whole cast is coming back. I'll have to cross my fingers and hope they weren't just assuming.
Leon-GunApr 11, 2011 5:21 PM

Apr 11, 2011 9:03 PM

Feb 2008
I'm excited for this. Let's just hope it doesn't turn out like... that thing... for Persona 3.
Apr 11, 2011 9:24 PM

Oct 2009
OH YES I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS
Almost had a goddamn heart attack after I heard about this.

The new name for the MC has me wondering though, how will they give the MC a personality? What kind of choices will he make during the usual branch choices?
Apr 11, 2011 9:49 PM

Oct 2008
I don't like the new MC name. I got so used to Souji Seta that I used it when I played the game a second time.

Anyway, I hope that's the only change...
Apr 11, 2011 9:50 PM

Jun 2010
dude, another countdown has started.
Apr 11, 2011 10:01 PM
Dec 2007
Xer0117 said:
OH YES I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS
Almost had a goddamn heart attack after I heard about this.

The new name for the MC has me wondering though, how will they give the MC a personality? What kind of choices will he make during the usual branch choices?
As long as he doesn't turn out a pessimist like the manga version I'm fine. IMO from the actual game the MC seemed more outgoing and friendly than the manga suggests. After all, the way I saw it from playing the game, the MC and his archenemy are like flip sides of the same coin so a just, friendly and trustworthy MC would fit more as a foil for the bad guy.

Assuming they stick to the plot faithfully that is. At the very least, considering they're using the same characters they're at least aiming for a similar plot.
Leon-GunApr 11, 2011 10:33 PM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
5 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.