Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2011 3:45 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really cute anime. Aira-chan's Aurora Jump was really amazing even though she is really bad in sports ^-^ Can't wait for the next ep.
Apr 10, 2011 6:29 AM

Sep 2009
It's great! The drawing is really cute :D and i love skating. Glad i can understand what they are talking without the sub though :3 Looking at first episode, its better than Lilpri because the characters are older!
shinki7Apr 13, 2011 1:23 PM
Apr 11, 2011 12:04 PM

Mar 2009
I'm getting tired of most kids shows not being subbed or subbed properly (Jewel pets season 1 is oe example of a horrible job)- Because I get tired of all of these animes loaded with either Ecchi/hentai (On the verge in some cases), abuse or gory violence.
They seem to be in more abundance the last 2 seasons. If anyone finds out that this has been subbed (Different from the subs of the first season of jewel pets of course) please let me know.
There's not necessarily anything wrong with the other animes- there ok from time to time- but I like watching kids anime also (And I assume from it's synopsis that it is).
Apr 12, 2011 8:35 AM
Jan 2010
Haha, looks fun :)
Might as well stick with it all the way through ^_^;
Apr 13, 2011 4:25 PM

Jul 2009
windeen-windy said:
I'm getting tired of most kids shows not being subbed or subbed properly (Jewel pets season 1 is oe example of a horrible job)- Because I get tired of all of these animes loaded with either Ecchi/hentai (On the verge in some cases), abuse or gory violence.
They seem to be in more abundance the last 2 seasons. If anyone finds out that this has been subbed (Different from the subs of the first season of jewel pets of course) please let me know.

I agree. Please let me know as well, it seems like a fun series and judging by the OP I just downloaded, it is.
Apr 14, 2011 3:01 AM
Apr 2009
Jieru-kun said:
windeen-windy said:

I agree. Please let me know as well, it seems like a fun series and judging by the OP I just downloaded, it is.
Dito >_<
Apr 15, 2011 2:54 AM

Apr 2011
A skating anime? Interesting...
Apr 15, 2011 11:45 PM

Nov 2007
For those who watched, do you realize that the main 3 girls' seiyuus are LISP?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 16, 2011 7:18 AM

Jun 2009
It was pretty nice. Typical storyline for an “I want to be an Idol!” show, but despite that it was really enjoyable. I could understand everything without subs, luckily.

The CG scenes looked quite awkward; it totally reminded me of IdolM@ster all the way. Even so, character design was cute.

I’ll keep watching it to get some childish enjoyment~
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Apr 16, 2011 12:44 PM
Jul 2009
I wish there was subs ;/. But I watched it anyway, I dont quite get it but lolz XD
Apr 18, 2011 11:31 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
yeah -.- seems people dont wanna sub it much -.- il have to wait
Apr 21, 2011 2:14 PM

Aug 2010
It finally got subbed!!!!!

I think this was a nice 1st episode. I really like these type of anime with singing and dancing.
Can't wait for the next episode to be subbed ^^
Apr 21, 2011 3:14 PM

Aug 2010
I enjoyed the first episode. The characters are cute, and I laugh at how every non-essential characters is just an outline. Nice music as well.
Apr 21, 2011 5:28 PM

Aug 2009
there's something wrong with Aira's mother's shoulders
they're too wide (even wider than her husband)
Apr 21, 2011 6:55 PM

Sep 2010
Game_Master said:
there's something wrong with Aira's mother's shoulders
they're too wide (even wider than her husband)

I realized that and it scared me.
Apr 22, 2011 9:31 PM

Jul 2008
"Prism Shows are performed with your heart".

As if!

And I love the Itou Kanae narration!
Gar_LoganApr 22, 2011 9:40 PM
Apr 23, 2011 2:06 AM

Oct 2008
unfortunately not awesome like the picture
Apr 23, 2011 5:01 AM

Feb 2010
Her mother looked kinda strange, I don't know why tho.

So how gay are we if we enjoyed the first episode but are yet a bit disappointed?
Apr 23, 2011 6:25 AM

Feb 2010
This is like a combination of Yumeiro Patissiere, Kirian Revolution, and Shugo Chara ...I'm quite scared of what this will turn out to be like

I especially hate how those three guys are most likely going to play a role in this story which I absolutely hate because I just KNOWW how it's going to turn out V____V;;
Apr 23, 2011 5:30 PM

Mar 2008
I really don't know what I have just watched.
Apr 24, 2011 2:34 PM

May 2009
Not impressed at all. I'll give it one more episode even though I already feel like dropping this.

edit: On second thought, I don't even want to give this a chance since I'm watching enough anime this season already. Dropped.
stAtic91Apr 24, 2011 4:40 PM
Apr 24, 2011 3:35 PM

Jul 2009
tsubasalover said:
For those who watched, do you realize that the main 3 girls' seiyuus are LISP?

Yea well, they'll be singing and they're using the OP as an IN so why not?

Rhypo-oniichan said:
So how gay are we if we enjoyed the first episode but are yet a bit disappointed?

Very *rainbows and unicorns

stAtic91 said:
Not impressed at all. I'll give it one more episode even though I already feel like dropping this.

I wouldn't say I'm not impressed at all. It could have been a lot worse and it did well for a first ep. Designs are nice and such. I'll keep going up until episode 5 since the number of eps is unknown
Apr 26, 2011 9:22 AM

Sep 2008
Finally this got subbed. Corniness aside Aira was actually pretty moe.
May 3, 2011 6:19 PM

Jul 2008
Clumsy main protagonist with funny family + cute easy-going rival + handsome boysband of 3 = this should be fun XD

I didn't like the style and animation of Rhythm's dance though, it felt so off and 3D ;|
May 4, 2011 4:41 AM

Apr 2011
Too bad only a few fansub gropus are subbing this and they are lacking in manpower right now.
Aug 14, 2011 12:51 AM

Jul 2011
The computer animated performance was the worst part of the episode.
Mar 15, 2012 4:46 PM

Dec 2010
Haha I can tell the other girl is gonna hate the main girl a little because of jealous she can't do a prism jump.
Dec 2, 2018 8:17 AM

Jul 2015
After absolutely loving the Aikatsu franchise it's time to pick up Pretty Rhythm, I hope that in the future I can look back to this comment with the same feeling of happiness as with that one.

First episode was a bit weird but I liked it, I had two issues and one can just be skipped, which is the IRL section at the start and of the episodes, that is... yeah, not comfortable to watch. The other is with the background characters being silhouettes even if they get to talk, this is done in other series but in this one it honestly looks pretty creepy, hopefully I will get used to it.

Now for the positives, I think I will like Aira quite a lot, I tend to be a fan of clumsy protagonists and hopefully she will not be one of the exceptions. The comedy was pretty good too and the CGI dance looked solid, especially comparing it to Aikatsu at the start which came out a year after.

Pretty Rhythm will have to deal with being the replacement of a series that set the bar really freaking high for me, I hope I get to have a great time with this one as well!
Jan 9, 2023 4:28 AM

Mar 2013
After watching first Aikatsu series, I think that this one is up my alley.
What's more... Aira's VA also voiced Marika Tachibana, Nyaruko and Popura...
I get to hear her and the others' VA here...

I prefer CGDCT like this than those unpure and degenerative story for girls...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 1, 2023 3:09 AM
Aug 2023
This anime has really got me in the mood to play rhythm games haha, this article has a list of great rhythm games to play on pc if that's your thing
Jan 6, 1:19 AM

Nov 2009
Huh...

just finished watching Aikatsu's 2023 movie

decide to check what other kids-idol series there are, and remembered Pripara

searched a bit, and saw there were other series, and came across THIS series...

Where Pretty Rhythm is apparently the starting point of the "Pri" series even tho some series aren't really connected. (I did not know Pripara had some other series before it, lol)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 19, 8:58 AM

Nov 2022
i like it ♡ the skating and fashion aspect is really cute~
aira's prism jump was really cute even though she's clumsy ><
Mar 23, 9:21 AM

May 2019
That first episode was just awful tbh. I'm interested to see what other Idol show for kids other than Aikatsu but the animation is so low budget and the characters seem a little too one dimensional at least just from the first ep. Main character doesn't show any restraint when being dragged somewhere by random stranger especially opposite sex. That itself is already awful especially if the show was for kids. And you also can't expect her to directly perform in front of the audience without any practice. Skating isn't an easy thing to do without ever learning it but looks like the characters already able to do it. Main character was a little too clumsy and gung ho for my taste, meh but we'll see. The CGI looks awkward and the worst thing about the show look was the audience being just outlines lmao. Aikatsu raising the bar way too high for idol kids show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream Episode 23 Discussion

prismheart - Mar 26, 2012

3 by yuanya »»
Jan 20, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream Episode 21 Discussion

prismheart - Feb 25, 2012

2 by yuanya »»
Jan 20, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream Episode 34 Discussion

prismheart - Sep 15, 2012

4 by SakuraTetis »»
Feb 1, 2023 1:43 PM

Poll: » Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream Episode 39 Discussion

MetaThPr4h - Feb 28, 2019

2 by Masha_elr »»
Dec 21, 2022 11:23 AM

Poll: » Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream Episode 4 Discussion

Blackbird - Apr 30, 2011

6 by SakuraTetis »»
Dec 19, 2022 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.