Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2011 1:42 AM

Jul 2007
^ I didn't say it directed at you, but if you feel that way that says something?
(not that I think I said anything offensive >_>)

I don't determine anything other than that fans of Gintama, such as myself, love this show so much that they score it high, and most ppl who watch Gintama love it and that's why it's ranked high, compared to other shows. You feel it's overrated because you hate it and don't think it deserves the score. So? I think Death Note is overrated but I didn't go whining about it when it was ranked #1. Nor did I complain when Clannad, which I've never seen, was ranked #1.

And anyway, if you don't care why do you even post here? and why do you care if we say the show deserves it? It's our opinion, you don't have to watch it.
Apr 13, 2011 2:00 AM

Jul 2007
Redfoxoffire said:
If you determine that someone needs to have watched the original series first, then they effectively need to have seen 202 episodes to score this and have it count.

It's a direct continuation. Not a sequel, not alternative telling, the show took a break for a year and returned. If I hadn't watched the 201 eps of the first series, I definitely wouldn't have scored the second series 10 after 1 episode, in fact I wouldn't even watch it.

Maybe haters would look at this show as episodic with no story and assume that you don't have to watch it to get the point, but that's really not the case. There is a frame story, right in the setting and in the way the characters develope through time and interaction with the other characters.

And now I'm done, tho I'd still like to know if ppl made a big deal out of other shows ranking #1.
Apr 13, 2011 8:49 AM

Oct 2007
Redfoxoffire said:
I don't doubt that people love this show and that it can be rated well, but all the people saying "OMG IT TOTALLY DESERVES THIS" need to calm the fuck down and look at things a bit more objectively.

I don't know how to put this well without insulting you, since you already felt insulted by something myth720 said which I didn't find offensive at all, but here's the thing - Gintama is not a bad show. If you didn't like it it's simply not your cup of tea. And this will happen in the future too, you'll pick up a good show which you simply would not like. So when I look objectively at this I think of Gintama' as a part of original series and thus I think that the number one place is well deserved. I cannot help but wonder why is everyone so puzzled by us rating it a 10 already. Sunrise is not gonna pull Endless Eight out of their asses, they are working with good material, I've loved previous 201 episodes, what more assurance do I need?

On the issue of One Piece, when and if the show ever ends don't be surprised if it jumps to top 5, or even number 1. It's how the mal rating system works, it's a very good system, of course not perfect in reality but this is probably the best we can do. Getting rid of top anime page, or whatever else was suggested, just to please butthurt fanboys is what's hilarious right here.
Apr 13, 2011 10:03 AM

Jun 2008
myth720 said:
^ I didn't say it directed at you, but if you feel that way that says something?
(not that I think I said anything offensive >_>)

I don't determine anything other than that fans of Gintama, such as myself, love this show so much that they score it high, and most ppl who watch Gintama love it and that's why it's ranked high, compared to other shows. You feel it's overrated because you hate it and don't think it deserves the score. So? I think Death Note is overrated but I didn't go whining about it when it was ranked #1. Nor did I complain when Clannad, which I've never seen, was ranked #1.

And anyway, if you don't care why do you even post here? and why do you care if we say the show deserves it? It's our opinion, you don't have to watch it.

You quoted my post, your post seemed to be responding to something but not anyone else I could see, so it felt like it was directed at me. If it wasn't, it wasn't. Cool.

Now what the hell is this? Did you read my post at all? My hatred for it does not factor one bit into why I said it's overrated. I used only statistical facts for that claim.

I post here because I feel like it. Is that a problem? I like discussion.

myth720 said:
Redfoxoffire said:
If you determine that someone needs to have watched the original series first, then they effectively need to have seen 202 episodes to score this and have it count.

It's a direct continuation. Not a sequel, not alternative telling, the show took a break for a year and returned. If I hadn't watched the 201 eps of the first series, I definitely wouldn't have scored the second series 10 after 1 episode, in fact I wouldn't even watch it.

Maybe haters would look at this show as episodic with no story and assume that you don't have to watch it to get the point, but that's really not the case. There is a frame story, right in the setting and in the way the characters develope through time and interaction with the other characters.

And now I'm done, tho I'd still like to know if ppl made a big deal out of other shows ranking #1.

Then you have just strengthened my argument.

People made a huge deal about just about every show hitting #1. You don't even know.

Tixy said:
Redfoxoffire said:
I don't doubt that people love this show and that it can be rated well, but all the people saying "OMG IT TOTALLY DESERVES THIS" need to calm the fuck down and look at things a bit more objectively.

I don't know how to put this well without insulting you, since you already felt insulted by something myth720 said which I didn't find offensive at all, but here's the thing - Gintama is not a bad show. If you didn't like it it's simply not your cup of tea. And this will happen in the future too, you'll pick up a good show which you simply would not like. So when I look objectively at this I think of Gintama' as a part of original series and thus I think that the number one place is well deserved. I cannot help but wonder why is everyone so puzzled by us rating it a 10 already. Sunrise is not gonna pull Endless Eight out of their asses, they are working with good material, I've loved previous 201 episodes, what more assurance do I need?

On the issue of One Piece, when and if the show ever ends don't be surprised if it jumps to top 5, or even number 1. It's how the mal rating system works, it's a very good system, of course not perfect in reality but this is probably the best we can do. Getting rid of top anime page, or whatever else was suggested, just to please butthurt fanboys is what's hilarious right here.

Thanks for telling me a lot of stuff I already know. I don't believe Gintama is a bad show. However, it's a fact that it's being rated higher than the userbase as a whole believes it deserves. Ones needs to have seen 39 episodes to have their score count, so people who don't like it, like me, are very unlikely to watch that far and have their score count, thus the average score and the rank end up erring on the side of people who like it. This is only made worse by the new series cutting out even the people who did watch enough of the first series but aren't watching this.

I'm not puzzled by people rating it a 10. I think if you liked the first series that much and you feel this is just as good, it makes perfect sense to do that. That doesn't change my point that Gintama's average score doesn't reflect the whole userbase that may have an opinion of it, but mostly just its fans, which obviously isn't an accurate representation.
Apr 13, 2011 10:33 AM

Oct 2007
Yes, I agree with you, never said I didn't. You could say that every series with over 100 episodes and every sequel out there is also overrated as well. But of course if you were to talk with a fan of that series you cannot expect of them to say that the ranking of their favorite series isn't deserved. Basically what I am trying to say is that anyone with an IQ of 15 will agree with you that based on current mal's rating system Gintama's ranking is too high on this site, but the fans would never agree to say that Gintama doesn't deserve the said ranking. If there's a way to "fix" current mal's rating system to get a more accurate top anime list somebody should go nag Xinil about it, I got nothing ┐('~`;)┌
Apr 13, 2011 11:11 AM

Jun 2008
Tixy said:
Yes, I agree with you, never said I didn't. You could say that every series with over 100 episodes and every sequel out there is also overrated as well. But of course if you were to talk with a fan of that series you cannot expect of them to say that the ranking of their favorite series isn't deserved. Basically what I am trying to say is that anyone with an IQ of 15 will agree with you that based on current mal's rating system Gintama's ranking is too high on this site, but the fans would never agree to say that Gintama doesn't deserve the said ranking. If there's a way to "fix" current mal's rating system to get a more accurate top anime list somebody should go nag Xinil about it, I got nothing ┐('~`;)┌

That's very true. Most just aren't nearly as bad, and for a lot of them their positions probably wouldn't change much anyway because it's easier to watch ~26-30 episodes than it is to watch over 200 episodes. However, I'm not here to say Gintama' doesn't even deserve a top 10 ranking or something. The show is surprisingly well-received for what looks mostly like a mainstream shounen series, and its score should follow. It's just annoying seeing people getting boners and elitist attitudes over the fact that one episode catapulted this show well over the previous #1. Or I'm overreacting, which is possible because I mostly just skimmed this topic.

Also, I lol'd @ trying to get Xinil to do anything.
Apr 13, 2011 12:44 PM

Nov 2007
@Redforffire: You don't brand a series overrated when nearly 80% of the 45K viewers rate a show more than 8/10. :)

10/10 37.5%
*9/10 23.0%
*8/10 18.4%
-----------------
+8/10 78.9%
-----------------
*7/10 10.8%
*6/10 *4.5%
*5/10 *3.0%
*4/10 *1.3%
*3/10 **.5%
*2/10 **.4%
*1/10 **.5%

The thing is you haven't tried Gintama yet, so you don't understand. I was shocked to see it jump to #1 in MAL after it was completed. Was a bit down to see After Story being at #2. Until that point of time, I never even imagined to getting into another long-running shounen anime having been disappointed with Bleach and Naruto previously. But I went against my lack of interest to watch it and after going through quite a little hardship of almost 40 odd episodes, trying to understand why it is so highly rated, I finally came to my realization of how good the show is during the Umibouzo Arc. I've never been disappointed since then.

I easily drop anime that I don't like, even if it is a 12-13 episodes short. I will admit that hadn't Gintama been in that #1 back in that time, I wouldn't dare to watch it. I am grateful to those who have scored it high to get me into this masterpiece. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 13, 2011 12:56 PM

Jun 2008
shanimebib said:
@Redforffire: You don't brand a series overrated when nearly 80% of the 45K viewers rate a show more than 8/10. :)

That can be said for a lot of shows. I haven't checked, but I imagine most shows in the top 100 probably share the same thing (Gintama having been ranked in the 90s before it finished supports this). Your point here is meaningless.

The thing is you haven't tried Gintama yet, so you don't understand.

You should check before saying things like this. See.
Apr 13, 2011 2:55 PM

Nov 2007
Redfoxoffire said:
shani said:

Redfoxoffire said:
You should check before saying things like this.

Just like I thought. Not even in the 40s. Anyways, you dont have to push yourself after you rate it a 3/10. Drop it already. You will not enjoy it. :)
Coronavirus.
Apr 13, 2011 4:07 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
shanimebib said:
Redfoxoffire said:
shani said:

Redfoxoffire said:

Just like I thought. Not even in the 40s. Anyways, you dont have to push yourself after you rate it a 3/10. Drop it already. You will not enjoy it. :)

Actually the first 25 episodes of the first Gintama was pretty bad. Only after the first "season" it became really awesome.....

10/10 is an overstatement, that I admit. Unfortunately, I don't give 10's on the first or second episode of any series. So this is currently a 9/10 for me. Then I realize to my horror that it's below the average of 9.48. Then I am starting to seriously doubt MAL's rating system (like I always did...)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 13, 2011 4:22 PM

Jun 2008
shanimebib said:
Redfoxoffire said:
shani said:

Redfoxoffire said:

If a series takes 40 episodes to start being good, that should be deemed a serious flaw in itself. There are plenty of series that don't even last that long, many lasting as long as I watched, many more just half that. And I did drop it, you don't need to tell me (I linked you to my dropped list).

Sort of off-topic, but it's interesting how we actually share two favorite series, and then your other two I rate 9/10. And then you have Gintama :P.

EDIT: Quote fail.
Apr 13, 2011 4:38 PM

Jul 2010
10/10 is not enough for this show
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Apr 13, 2011 5:12 PM

Oct 2010
I cant believe that this thread is still alive..

Gintama is number one and it will remain as number one now get the fuck over it..

Apr 13, 2011 5:14 PM

Feb 2010
Stop giving it a low score. Is it because you haven't even seen the first series? Or are you just upset that your favorite anime didn't get the highest. If it wasn't Gintama, I wouldn't mind, so you haters should shut the fuck up.
Apr 13, 2011 5:25 PM

Sep 2009
so when did people start taking MAL's rating seriously?

anyways, "having Ranked #1" on Gintama's page, really really amuses me~
Apr 13, 2011 5:36 PM

Jun 2008
Maskonna said:
I cant believe that this thread is still alive..

Gintama is number one and it will remain as number one now get the fuck over it..
AL19 said:
Stop giving it a low score. Is it because you haven't even seen the first series? Or are you just upset that your favorite anime didn't get the highest. If it wasn't Gintama, I wouldn't mind, so you haters should shut the fuck up.

Who the hell are these posts even responding to? I only ask this because I seem to be the only one around whom they might be responding to (most everyone else is just fapping to Gintama's position), but if they are, it's obvious they didn't read my posts at all.

Someone please point out how I'm overreacting.

Linalee-Stratos said:
so when did people start taking MAL's rating seriously?

Since the creation of MAL, most likely.
Apr 13, 2011 5:38 PM

Jul 2009
Wait guys I just solved the problem.

Someone go write a script better than Gintama's and have it animated! That way Gintama won't be number one anymore!

Because holding number one as a position with less than 2000 scorers within the first two weeks of airing on a website dominated by fourteen-year-olds is serious business and implies that the anime in regard is better in comparison to all other anime in existence.

Fuck it, I'm going back to ponychan.
Apr 13, 2011 5:46 PM

Feb 2010
I am responding to the people who think Gintama is "bad". Saying it sucks just because they haven't even started the first series in the first place!
Apr 13, 2011 5:54 PM

Jun 2008
AL19 said:
I am responding to the people who think Gintama is "bad". Saying it sucks just because they haven't even started the first series in the first place!

But I read through the topic before asking that question and I'm pretty sure I found none of those.
Apr 13, 2011 5:58 PM

Feb 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
AL19 said:

But I read through the topic before asking that question and I'm pretty sure I found none of those.

Well, never mind then.
Apr 13, 2011 6:15 PM

Jun 2009
LOL at people who take MAL's rating system seriously. A quick analysis of MAL's ratings formula shows that it is quite flawed from a mathematical standpoint. As it stands, the current rating system will always inflate the scores of longer anime and of movies/sequels of a popular anime series. This is particularly noticeable when you get around the top 100 rated anime. I personally think they completely revamp the rating formula to make it more fair across the board or do away with the rating system completely.

Just because something is rated highly on MAL doesn't means that you have to like it. If you don't like it, quit the series, rate it a low score, and move on with your life. Don't constantly complain about the score to people who actually enjoy the series or make several "troll" accounts rating the series a 1 because you think the series is rated too highly. Why try to ruin other people's enjoyment of the series? That just creates an unhealthy divide within the MAL community.
Apr 14, 2011 4:46 AM
Apr 14, 2011 10:20 AM
Apr 2009
Detective said:

Because holding number one as a position with less than 2000 scorers within the first two weeks of airing on a website dominated by fourteen-year-olds is serious business and implies that the anime in regard is better in comparison to all other anime in existence.

If this site was dominated by 14 year olds I'm pretty sure Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece would be the top 3 anime.
Apr 14, 2011 6:06 PM

Jul 2009
JJH777 said:
Detective said:

If this site was dominated by 14 year olds I'm pretty sure Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece would be the top 3 anime.

You forgot that airing shows hold less of a ranking in the overall scores due to weighting. Your stereotype would most likely stay true for One Piece, as it would easily super cede first place if it were to finish today.

There's a greasemonkey app for seeing how many people of what age and gender have scored a show and most of the ratings fall into 14-18 yr old categories for most series. Then 19-22. So yeah, this site kind of is dominated by a younger demographic.
Apr 14, 2011 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
Tyestor said:
logh is better

you havnt even watched gintama.
Apr 15, 2011 1:46 AM
Oct 2008
That's fantards for you. 5-6 episodes should be the bare minimum before a serious rating (depending on the length of the show).

The first 25 episodes of this series are supposed to be horrible? I saw the first 10 episodes or so and it was so bad I had to drop it. If it gets better than I might probably give it another chance even though it really doesn't seem like its my kind of show.
Apr 15, 2011 2:49 AM

Jun 2010
I actually put scores in only completed anime.(except of those anime with hundreds of episodes already). And I am so shocked! it is number 1 now in MAL. for only 2 episodes?!
Apr 15, 2011 3:18 AM

May 2010
^
That's because it's a direct continuation of the series. It doesn't need to be completed to be rated unless you haven't watched the prequel series.
Apr 15, 2011 3:45 AM

Jan 2011
GinMadara said:
hell doll is a Fing stupid because she has just 8 entries
gave gintama' a 1 and elfenlied a 7 gintama is always atleast 1 point above elfenlied WTF

While she has 8 in her list, you only posted 4 times in forum. You don't even add Gintama' in your list.
That's her opinion. You can't blame someone because they rate something low. Each person has their own opinion, no matter how horrible or one-side it is, its still an opinion.
If you talking about unfair rating, did you see someone who has watched 233 episodes of Gintama' and rate it 10 in his list? That is what a stupid person should be.

Off topic:
There are lots of persons who set complete in their list even when they only watch the final episode( and worse, give it low score).

And no matter how less someone's list is, they have their own reason not put another anime.

EDIT: Pff, are you a fanatic or what? Usually fanatics seek for whoever gives low score on his something.
HyoroemonApr 20, 2011 5:29 AM
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Apr 15, 2011 5:59 AM
Nov 2009
OMG, GUYS, i mean both haters and lovers - go watch 182-184, its all about you (Sorachi is genius^_^)
Nono, you just need only to read titles of episodes =)
Go to hell with ratings!
Apr 15, 2011 12:18 PM

May 2009
Gotta try the 1st season...
Apr 15, 2011 3:12 PM

Oct 2009
..wow, well i mean i like gintama a lot and its one of the best shonen anime out there but i don't think it is that good and, it definitely doesn't deserve to be #1....maybe #30
Apr 16, 2011 8:39 AM

Aug 2007
I just let`s say I don`t like people who didn`t even watch 1 season and gave 1/10...
I just think It`s disrespectful. How can you even watch anime? When you do something like this...
In every anime shows how to rescepct everyone, how to understand everyone, all friendship stuff and honor... and I`m writing all of this not because I`m a fan of Gintama but I just think it is really low to do something like this.
Go watch 1 season and then you definitely won`t say that there were no episode that made you laugh so much that your cheeks hurts or cry like a baby..
And It`s no matter Gintama will be 1 or 2 or 100. Because I love it and there are plenty Gintama fans in this cruel world! XD
Have a nice day ^_^
sorry for my english.
Apr 16, 2011 10:51 AM
Oct 2008
It is outrageous and unfair that the sequel to Gintama is the number 1 anime in the mal ratings after just 2 episodes. I honestly don't understand why this anime has high ratings.

I saw the first 65 episodes of the previous Gintama series and I wasn't too impressed by it and the more I watched it the more annoyed I got with all the characters along with those crappy toilet jokes. Before dropping this anime I consulted with some Gintama fans and they all told me that if I wasn't into it by that point of the series I probably won't be into it because it's one of those animes which stays the same.

The only things I liked about the Gintama series based on what I saw was the Benizakura arc and the way they make fun of other anime sometimes. However for me, the comedy became a drag after a while. FYI I do have a sense of humor, I personally think that Great Teacher Onizuka is a great comedy anime even though it's old.

I was also told that the main reason why people even like Gintama is because of the jokes about Japanese cultural references so people like me who aren't that familiar with Japanese culture would have a hard time understanding some of the jokes anyways.

That is probably why Gintama will never be licensed by an English dubbing company unless they decide to edit the jokes. Again, I personally don't think this anime deserves high ratings and I honestly feel like I am in a completely different world from Gintama fans because I just don't see what's so great about it.

I don't want to hear comments that I didn't give the series a chance because again, I watched 65 episodes and consulted with people who finished the first Gintama series before I made the decision of dropping it. I even saw the Gintama benizakura movie earlier and liked it more than when I saw the episodes about it.
Apr 16, 2011 11:12 PM

Oct 2010
@Lelouch101

I understand that there might be ppl who won't fall for the greatness that is Gintama..

And yes you gave the anime fair chance but i'm sure if you at least watch the serious arcs you will think that Beniuzakura is nothing compared to them especially the Yato arc..

As for Gintama having the first spot will ppl have spoken and therefore Gintama is no.1..

Everyone should just get over it!

Apr 16, 2011 11:22 PM

Nov 2007
Enough is enough. MAL is lagging again in the updates, so let me tell you something that might put you off for good. Over the last 2 days, as the update remained stalled, Gintama' went up from 9.48 to 9.51. :D

Yes.

9.51/10.0
Coronavirus.
Apr 16, 2011 11:48 PM

Aug 2008
It's hilarious how high this is when people are already rating it down without even watching it.
Apr 17, 2011 12:31 AM

Nov 2007
babler said:
It's hilarious how high this is when people are already rating it down without even watching it.

True that. We need moar haters to make it more normal now. Funny thing is, I looked into some random users who gave it a 10 and all of them are legit. can't tell that for those who gave it below 4 though. many of those scores look as if the accounts were made to give gintama a low score. some of them have like 6 or 7 shows in their all time watchlist. and many didn't even have the previous gintama in their list. so damn obvious. if you want to make it look bad that bad, seriously, do it so that they look legit XD

OT: I love your avatar. :)
Coronavirus.
Apr 17, 2011 1:53 AM

Jun 2008
I can only wish I liked this show so that I could be excited by its high rank :/.
Apr 17, 2011 1:54 AM

Aug 2008
shanimebib said:
Enough is enough. MAL is lagging again in the updates, so let me tell you something that might put you off for good. Over the last 2 days, as the update remained stalled, Gintama' went up from 9.48 to 9.51. :D

That's just the raw mean. 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 counts of 1437-340-131-51-10-4-4-2-2-13 indeed give a rounded (up) raw mean score of 9.51, but MAL uses a Bayesian estimate for anime with 50+ votes. You need to add in 50 votes of 7 to express that, and that comes to a Bayesian estimate of 9.44 when rounded (down). Expect the rating to drop next update unless some serious purging occurs.

If you're stingy then click on CLuClu!
Please consider supporting the end of disenfranchisement on MAL.
Purpose is subjective, therefore quality is subjective.
Apr 17, 2011 4:23 AM

Jun 2010
shanimebib said:
babler said:

True that. We need moar haters to make it more normal now. Funny thing is, I looked into some random users who gave it a 10 and all of them are legit. can't tell that for those who gave it below 4 though. many of those scores look as if the accounts were made to give gintama a low score. some of them have like 6 or 7 shows in their all time watchlist. and many didn't even have the previous gintama in their list. so damn obvious. if you want to make it look bad that bad, seriously, do it so that they look legit XD

Agree with both of you. I understand to be around 50 episode out and have a little story in it, but with 1st episode and it goes to 1st Rank. Damn it! ^.-

Apr 17, 2011 5:12 AM

Aug 2007
If you watched Gintama and you didn`t liked that`s ok rate it however you want, but when you didn`t even watch it how can you rate it..It`s a second season - continuation. For example how can you watch Code Geass 2 season when you didn`t watch the first one.. what can you understand... exactly nothing..
Apr 17, 2011 5:59 AM
Nov 2009
OMG, just downrate Gintama, haters =) And leave us (crazy Gintama-lovers) alone!11
ElinazApr 17, 2011 5:18 PM
Apr 17, 2011 7:12 AM

Oct 2007
@Lelouch101
Gintama's type of comedy might not be for everyone and that's completely understandable. However, you might want to watch Shinsengumi Rebelion Arc (101-105) and Yoshiwara arc (139-146) since you liked Benizakura arc. To me those two are far superior.
Apr 17, 2011 1:17 PM

Oct 2007
This deserves a 10, hands down. It's just that good.

life is a dream
~death is reality
Apr 17, 2011 2:30 PM
Oct 2008
Tixy said:
@Lelouch101
Gintama's type of comedy might not be for everyone and that's completely understandable. However, you might want to watch Shinsengumi Rebelion Arc (101-105) and Yoshiwara arc (139-146) since you liked Benizakura arc. To me those two are far superior.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will think about checking out those episodes sometime
Apr 17, 2011 9:13 PM

Aug 2008
9.512984 raw mean, 9.452893 Bayesian estimate (i.e. MAL score/rating) now. Slight purging has occurred. ;p

If you're stingy then click on CLuClu!
Please consider supporting the end of disenfranchisement on MAL.
Purpose is subjective, therefore quality is subjective.
Apr 17, 2011 9:31 PM

Nov 2007
Lelouch101 said:
Tixy said:
@Lelouch101

Thanks for the suggestion, I will think about checking out those episodes sometime

You forgot to mention the Mitsuba Arc and Jiraia Arc. Those are/were great too.

Kyuubei Arc (076-081)--> That Face.
Mitsuba Arc (086-087) --> Those Eye Bags.
Shinsengumi Rebellion Arc (101-105) --> Those Long Yellow Lines.
Yoshiwara Arc (139-146)--> That Yato Blood.
Jiraia Arc (177-181) --> That Grope.
Popularity Arc (182-184) --> Yamazaki The Ninth.

Must watch Arcs imho. ;)

btw, i am at 184, so dunno about the rest of the 17 episodes.
Coronavirus.
Apr 17, 2011 10:00 PM
Nov 2009
shanimebib said:

190-192 - Cat's arc
195-199 - Ketsuno Ana's arc

They are serious too. + Brutal epic music in 195-199 =)
Apr 17, 2011 10:28 PM

Oct 2007
shanimebib said:
You forgot to mention the Mitsuba Arc and Jiraia Arc. Those are/were great too.

Kyuubei Arc (076-081)--> That Face.
Mitsuba Arc (086-087) --> Those Eye Bags.
Shinsengumi Rebellion Arc (101-105) --> Those Long Yellow Lines.
Yoshiwara Arc (139-146)--> That Yato Blood.
Jiraia Arc (177-181) --> That Grope.
Popularity Arc (182-184) --> Yamazaki The Ninth.

Must watch Arcs imho. ;)

Of course I loved all of those arcs, except for maybe Jiraia arc but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who thinks like that. I'd suggest sticking to the 2 already mentioned for now since they are the strongest. If he likes them, he should definitely pick up the ones you suggested. However, there was some serious/glorious toilet humor during Kyuubei's arc so that might be a problem. Ketsuno Ana and Monster Hunter arc were also pretty fun.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tthammy - Jun 2, 2011

232 by lordgaara »»
Apr 2, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Barion-Zara - Aug 29, 2011

99 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SilentTruth - Mar 5, 2012

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 5, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Feb 20, 2012

132 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 5, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tomislavr7 - Feb 13, 2012

106 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 5, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.