Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 1, 2011 11:48 PM
Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A series based on the recent spin-off series of X-Men (with a Mutant school and all). Subs not out yet though.

I look forward to the next episode. :)
Apr 2, 2011 2:33 AM

Dec 2007
yeah it's pretty well done :) looking forward to the next ep as well ^^
Apr 2, 2011 4:00 AM

Aug 2010
LOL @ Wolverine at the Airport scene haha that was hilarious!!
Apr 2, 2011 5:14 AM

Aug 2009
no cry for the moon? i watched a bit of it, but i'm gonna wait for the subs.

:)
Apr 2, 2011 7:36 AM

Oct 2008
Burn me once, shame on you.
Burn me twice, shame on me.
Burn me three times... I'll just let myself burn.
Apr 2, 2011 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
Probably the best of the Marvel anime series so far. . . I know that's not saying a lot but this appears to be shaping up into a solid series.
Apr 2, 2011 11:08 AM

Aug 2007
this series might be good. :D

i really saw it funny how James wasn't allowed in the airport. xD sir, you have a weapon and you need revision. xD
I mostly feel bad for Scott. D: Losing Jean really made him depress. but at least James and Storm help him feel better again.
To be really ironic, i kinda told a friend of mine that the radiation in fukushima would turn a few people into x-men. xD it was a joke, but seeing that Hisako is from the touhoku region really surprised me. o.o
But year, Hisako got captured and the gang is going to save it. D:

one thing i miss is Rouge. ;~; she's in every x-men series, BUT this.
Apr 2, 2011 11:48 AM

Sep 2009
The series looks decent, I was expecting something much worse after Wolverine anime. The character design is far superior, and it won't be hard to outdo the storyline of Wolverine, since it's a linear beat the bad guys thing. I'm expecting praising reviews and at least 7 average score for this series.

Maora said:

I agree, they need to bring her into later episodes. And Storm looks pretty hot. xD
Apr 2, 2011 6:25 PM

Jan 2009
Talking squid.
Beast, I see what you did there -degeso.
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.
Apr 2, 2011 9:14 PM

Jan 2011
I liked wolveirne, and this looks like it will shit on it, so I am definitely expecting great things from this show
Apr 2, 2011 10:16 PM

Jan 2009
Iron man: let down
Wolverine: let down
X-men: WIN.

ariapokoteng said:
Talking squid.
Beast, I see what you did there -degeso.

THIS.
Apr 2, 2011 10:26 PM

Jan 2008
Cyclops with shoulder pads? What is this the 80s? It looks like something out of DBZ's Saiyan Armor. Although not a huge fan of the very different art style (and character designs) it's bearable and I'll still stick with it since X-men is just awesome.
Apr 2, 2011 11:54 PM

Oct 2010
KillerYandere said:
Probably the best of the Marvel anime series so far. . . I know that's not saying a lot but this appears to be shaping up into a solid series.

yeah definetly better than the other two marvel projects that failed in my eyes at least they have a real wolverine instead of that emo one, hopefully this series goes better
Apr 3, 2011 12:12 AM

Jan 2011
I really liked this episode. seems to go in a good direction!

I always loved Storm, but in this series she's a real hottie! - awesome!
Apr 3, 2011 12:17 AM

Oct 2007
It seems like finally they got one right this time. The money they put on the opening scene was not a small amount and I hope they still have enough money for the rest of the show.

STORM is HOT!

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 3, 2011 12:17 AM

Feb 2008
Nice start, really dig the animation. Hopefully this series will be better than the previous 2 Marvel adaptations..
Apr 3, 2011 12:57 AM

Aug 2009
The talking squid was awesome. So was Storm; gotta love her.
After two previous letdowns, this seems promising, even though it's too early to say.
Gets 4/5 from me, could've be even 5/5, had it not focused so much on my least favourite character in the whole X-Men franchise - Scott. Mattaku...I just don't like him.
metamorphiusApr 3, 2011 1:12 AM
Apr 3, 2011 2:16 AM

Feb 2010
this looks much better then Wolverine and Ironman.
Apr 3, 2011 2:33 AM
Apr 2008
metamorphius said:
After two previous letdowns, this seems promising, even though it's too early to say.
Gets 4/5 from me, could've be even 5/5, had it not focused so much on my least favourite character in the whole X-Men franchise - Scott. Mattaku...I just don't like him.

Well, he's still the leader of the X-Men in the frontlines.
Apr 3, 2011 2:50 AM

Aug 2009
darkxdestiny said:
metamorphius said:

Well, he's still the leader of the X-Men in the frontlines.

I know, I know. It's just that I don't like him cuz he's your typical American hero, a blandest figure imo. I'm somewhat of an anarchist in nature (well more like a rebel), so it's only natural that I find his personality irksome.
Anyway, I've watched numerous X-Men moves and animated series so I'm pretty much used to him. As long as I can watch Storm, I'm not complaining.

On a side note, I just thought how the preview for the next episode was a bit too 'spoilerish' for me.
metamorphiusApr 3, 2011 3:00 AM
Apr 3, 2011 3:37 AM

Sep 2008
Oh wow.

As have been said, this definitely looks better than the first two Marvel adaptations. Heck, I'm surprised by the amount of detail and level of animation they pulled on the opening scene.

I'm just a bit disappointed that again the setting is in Japan and help Japanese girl A. I mean, I know this is anime, but come on.

Iron Man was just bad; Wolverine started quite good but goes down the drain early on. I'm hoping this turns out to be at least decent on its entirety.
Apr 3, 2011 3:44 AM

Jul 2010
The first episode already kicked tlhe ironman and wolverine ass.
Apr 3, 2011 4:10 AM

Mar 2010
bskbob said:

Well, I think that it would be harder to make it look worse than these two, so it has to be better :)
Apr 3, 2011 4:34 AM

Jan 2009
Yeah
It was way better than Iron-man and Wolverine
But Im still not satisfied...
But I`ll keep watching next episodes
By now I think it`s quite good but not as I wanted it to be >>
Apr 3, 2011 4:38 AM
Nov 2008
Definitely shows more promise than the first episodes of Iron man and Wolverine...let's hope for the best [ or imma kill 'em all *ish x-men fan* ]
Apr 3, 2011 5:30 AM

Jan 2010
better graphics that X-men evolution xD
Apr 3, 2011 5:52 AM

Jan 2008
Now why couldn't we get the badass Wolverine depicted here to star in the Wolverine anime? It'd actually be GOOD. Wolverine as a pancy fancy-pants, puh-lease.
I'm sensing epic win from this. Then again, I lowered my standards, like many others undoubtedly, with Wolverine and Iron Man...
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Apr 3, 2011 6:24 AM

Jan 2010
Only thing I hated about this episode was how the characters refer to each other. In the comics and movies they all called each other by their first name but here it swaps between their codename and real name. They're meant to be pretty much a family! I get why they would use code names on missions but its just silly to use their code names in private.
Apr 3, 2011 7:24 AM

Apr 2009
damn epic episode o_O
Apr 3, 2011 7:54 AM

Mar 2010
Ahhh, finally an awesome looking Logan, way better than the Wolverine anime version -.- I think I'll appreciate this series way more than the first 2 :)
Apr 3, 2011 8:13 AM

Aug 2009
All hail the talking squid ^_^
Apr 3, 2011 8:32 AM

Jun 2010
When I saw the fire bird in the beginning, I immediately thought phoenix which led me to Jean Grey. I know this is called X-Men, but it seems that this story will revolve around Cyclops.

Apr 3, 2011 9:01 AM

Dec 2007
idlezeal said:
I'm just a bit disappointed that again the setting is in Japan and help Japanese girl A. I mean, I know this is anime, but come on.

But at least Armor is a known character - I understand why the animes try to find a way to use Japan as a location. And hey, Silver Samurai in the ending, what's up with that? o.O

Really loved the first episode. Opening the series with an epic Phoenix vs the rest fight was really nice. Although it was strange to me to mention the Inner Circle and presenting Emma Frost so casually. Everywhere the story is presented revolving around the U-Men, I hope they get the balance between that and the Hellfire Club/Phoenix story.

A very promising start. And I love the design. Too bad 12 episodes aren't enough to show all the fan favorite characters.

I have to say that I didn't like Scott that much either, but ever since in the comics
he evolved into a more layered character. Not the teacher's pet anymore. ;) Let's just hope he won't mope too much...
Apr 3, 2011 9:32 AM

Aug 2010
I don't like the fact that they changed Wolverine's character design and left his voice the same. I wish he still looked like he did in the last series. I mean I don't see why he has to look all gruff in every series that involves the X-Men. What, he can't look better than Scott? BS but yeah we'll see how this goes but I won't be getting my hopes up.

Maora said:

ugh yes! i don't know why they didn't put her in this, she is my favorite character besides storm and wolverine :(
Apr 3, 2011 9:39 AM

Aug 2009
omg...

This doesn't suck yet! I like this... A lot!
Apr 3, 2011 9:45 AM

Apr 2007
Awesome first episode. I love X-Men and can't help feeling excited when thinking of everything that's going to unfold, they better do a good job with this one! And I really hope Cyclops isn't depressed for most of the series. He is so annoying.

Maora said:
That is disappointing ;________;
Apr 3, 2011 10:05 AM

Feb 2008
WOW, REALY the first episode kick the ass of iron man and wolverine anime

Realy like it and looking forward to the next ep

9/10 overall

Apr 3, 2011 10:23 AM
Jun 2008
I like how they start the series at the end of what looks like it might have actually been an interesting story*. It reminds me of a concert I went to where the performer told us that last night's show was awesome but this night's wouldn't be as good as he had a cold - true story.

Putting aside that slap in the face the animation is rarely anything more than detailed drawings of people standing perfectly still with a ton of effects on top.

One episode fulfills my obligation, I'm not sticking around to find out exactly how or how much the story sucks.

Enjoy Masochists.

*but almost certainly wouldn't as a MadhouseXMarvel anime (2 rights apparently make a wrong).
Apr 3, 2011 10:35 AM

Feb 2009
I was really impress, and like some have mentioned way better than the cluster fuck that the Iron Man and Wolverine anime counterparts where.

Was left is for Marvel to re-team again after the Blade anime with any other respectable Japanese studio and adapt the Onslaught Saga into anime format. Now that would be pretty freaking epic if they did it faithfully, also Nate Gray aka X-Man would look freaking bad-ass in anime.
Apr 3, 2011 11:25 AM

Dec 2007
Zero_sama said:
Was left is for Marvel to re-team again after the Blade anime with any other respectable Japanese studio and adapt the Onslaught Saga into anime format. Now that would be pretty freaking epic if they did it faithfully, also Nate Gray aka X-Man would look freaking bad-ass in anime.

But for Onslaught to work we would need so much more well known heroes. With only mutants (and Iron Man) fighting it wouldn't be that impressive.
Nate Gray anime style. Hell yes, I'd like to see that. Bring on "Age of Apocalypse". XD

As for Rogue - she is my favorite X-Lady, but since she was wimped down and her story butchered up in the movies (no connection to Mystique? WTF?!), I rather not have her in this instead of messing her up again. Plus they would have to bring her in with the stolen Ms Marvel powers, "Wolverine & the X-Men" had a hard time including her with only her own power.
Apr 3, 2011 11:30 AM

Feb 2009
Twickers said:

And hey, Silver Samurai in the ending, what's up with that?

I think that's Stryfe, not the Silver samurai. Could be wrong though.

The first episode showed a lot of promise and I really liked it. I think that the ending is more fanservice than what is actually going to happen in the series. It sucks that they won't be showing too many of the X-Men, but a centralized cast could push the story along better I guess.
Apr 3, 2011 12:28 PM

Feb 2009
Twickers said:
Zero_sama said:

But for Onslaught to work we would need so much more well known heroes. With only mutants (and Iron Man) fighting it wouldn't be that impressive.
Nate Gray anime style. Hell yes, I'd like to see that. Bring on "Age of Apocalypse". XD

As for Rogue - she is my favorite X-Lady, but since she was wimped down and her story butchered up in the movies (no connection to Mystique? WTF?!), I rather not have her in this instead of messing her up again. Plus they would have to bring her in with the stolen Ms Marvel powers, "Wolverine & the X-Men" had a hard time including her with only her own power.

I know :( it's that Onslaught is my favorite powerhouse villain from American Comics Books, and seeing him in anime would be a dream come true. But agree, we will need Captain America, Thor, Spiderman, Hulk, The Fantastic 4 and others. If they make it with 50 to 52 episodes, a good director and studio it might work, but I doubt that Marvel and any Japanese anime studio will take that risk, but I hope someday they do, because it would be worth it.

Nate Gray is my favorite character in Marvel. Plus I always thought kinda fits in the anime universe or in other words he is IMO the only Marvel character that would look most badass of all in Anime.

Age of Apocalypse in anime would look insane and is another one of my favorite stories in Marvel.

One of the things I didn't like was that Gambit and Rouge weren't in this series. Also as someone else mentioned the setting taking place again in Japan kinda sucks.
Apr 3, 2011 12:36 PM

Jun 2008
Maevar said:
bskbob said:

Well, I think that it would be harder to make it look worse than these two, so it has to be better :)

Yeah X-Men themselves as a team bring more inspiration to create something better.
Seeing wolverine though, i have to wonder why wasn't this guy in the Wolverine anime instead of that unknown bishounen Wolverine lookalike.
The Wolverine anime would have been better if the real Wolverine was in it.

Many here say Storm looks hot but although the body is fine the face switches off and on. Some moments she looks good ad sometimes her face looks a little ugly. Really confusing. Males seem to have more stable design.

BTW was that Hinata they kidnapped? I couldn't help but think "Oh look it's Hinata" the moment i saw her.

imaginary-beauty said:
I don't like the fact that they changed Wolverine's character design and left his voice the same. I wish he still looked like he did in the last series. I mean I don't see why he has to look all gruff in every series that involves the X-Men. What, he can't look better than Scott? BS but yeah we'll see how this goes but I won't be getting my hopes up.

Maora said:

ugh yes! i don't know why they didn't put her in this, she is my favorite character besides storm and wolverine :(

Because this is how Wolverine really is. I don't even know who that guy in the Wolverine anime was. We ain't gonna turn every male into a smooth-talk bishounen just to please the teenage female populace. You can masturbate to Cyclops if you want.

Maybe am the only one but am happy Rogue isn't there. I'm a little of an old fox in the X-Men comic who loved the first team of X-Men and she wasn't really a part of X-Men until many years later. I never thought of her as a very nice addition and i still prefer seeing back classic characters like Nightcrawler and Colossus.That metal head Russian could really kick ass.
MonadApr 3, 2011 12:53 PM
Apr 3, 2011 1:00 PM

May 2009
so this is like the rougher version of fairy tail? XD
wolverine as natsu for being so tough
cyclops as gray because he lost someone important
storm as erza cause she's hot
beast as happy cause XD
and the jap as wendy cause she's little?
oh and prof as makarov cause dunno XD

lol at imagination XD
Apr 3, 2011 1:03 PM

Feb 2009
BladedWarrior said:
Twickers said:

And hey, Silver Samurai in the ending, what's up with that?

I think that's Stryfe, not the Silver samurai. Could be wrong though.

Nop, you're not wrong, that is definitely Stryfe, 100% sure, and I hope he appears, but I think him appearing in the ending credits was probably like some type of homage to him and to the others that appear in the ending and probably will also not appear in the anime.
Apr 3, 2011 2:25 PM

Nov 2008
WOW this one looks promising XDD I really enjoyed X-men during my childhood days and watching this as an anime is nice too :D I hope this won't let me down XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 3, 2011 3:20 PM

Dec 2007
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, you're right, it's Stryfe. I didn't pay much attention to the spikes, looked at the helmet, saw silver armor and thought back to Shingen Yashida in "Wolverine". As a japanese character would have made sense... but of course... thanks for correcting me, BladedWarrior. ^^

Zero_sama said:
If they make it with 50 to 52 episodes, a good director and studio it might work, but I doubt that Marvel and any Japanese anime studio will take that risk, but I hope someday they do, because it would be worth it.

That would be a dream come true - an epic tale, time enough to introduce the characters, a nice balance between action and drama... I'd be so in.
But then again, right now I just hope, they don't f*** it up with this 12 episodes. ;)
Apr 3, 2011 4:46 PM

Nov 2007
I've lowered my expectations considerably after Iron Man and Wolverine, but I've got to admit, this was a very good 1st ep.
Than again, I thought the 1st ep ep of Wolverine was much better than the start of Iron Man, so I'm not gonna get my hopes up yet.
I also don't agree that Wolverine would've been much better if the character-design had been like shown here. A lot more was lacking from that series to make it so-so.
Apr 3, 2011 4:55 PM

Feb 2009
decent first epd, this is the wolverine that should of been in well...wolverine lmao! Looks like they went with the hair design storm had in the movies, it's usually a bit longer.

not all xmen is present though, they appear to be focusing on the more popular/early day ones. Not not gonna give my hopes high but I'll follow.
Apr 3, 2011 6:15 PM

Feb 2009
Posting just to say...

Sapient squid. Hell yes!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » X-Men Episode 12 Discussion

darkxdestiny - Jun 25, 2011

43 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 20, 11:20 AM

Poll: » X-Men Episode 11 Discussion

13man18 - Jun 18, 2011

16 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 20, 1:44 AM

Poll: » X-Men Episode 10 Discussion

belatkuro - Jun 11, 2011

17 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 20, 1:28 AM

Poll: » X-Men Episode 9 Discussion

Blind_Guardian - Jun 4, 2011

18 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 20, 1:14 AM

Poll: » X-Men Episode 8 Discussion

Zepwich - May 28, 2011

18 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 19, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.