Forum Settings
Forums

Scheduled Power Outage in Tokyo Area To Affect Anime and Manga Production

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 13, 2011 5:48 PM

Apr 2010
And the power rations begin. Those nuclear plants were churning out a lot. I wonder if they can use the nuclear reactor on the Regan to help soften demand? Even by a little. But it's probably not possible.

Mar 13, 2011 6:03 PM
Aug 2010
<///3
Mar 13, 2011 6:42 PM

May 2010
I was afraid of this. TT.TT
But like MangaStream said "There are bigger issues here."
I hope things get better soon for everyone in Japan!
JAPAN WE LOVE YOU!!
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 13, 2011 7:11 PM

Mar 2010
aw! this cant be happening
Mar 13, 2011 7:29 PM

May 2009
If it will speed recovery of the power grid, then so be it. Repairing the nation's infrastructure is more important right now than the economy, if they don't reestablish basic utilities and services to all the homes and businesses ASAP it will only hurt the economy that much more in the long run. And of course making sure people have electricity to cook and clean and light their homes at night is a little more important than getting the next episode out.
Mar 13, 2011 7:33 PM

Mar 2008
I do think this is pretty sad, not because I won't be able to see the shows I was wanting to see but to think of the economic impact this will have on their employees and their families trying to recover from this. Seems thing keep getting worse.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Mar 13, 2011 8:31 PM

Sep 2009
Delays in anime/manga production are to be expected when something like this happens. While I would love to be able to check out the latest stuff, it's important for everything to be back to normal first...or as normal as it can get for now.
Mar 13, 2011 8:38 PM

Jun 2010
i hope for the safety of japan!!
anime can wait..
Mar 13, 2011 8:59 PM

Apr 2010
ShadowAlex said:
I do think this is pretty sad, not because I won't be able to see the shows I was wanting to see but to think of the economic impact this will have on their employees and their families trying to recover from this. Seems thing keep getting worse.

According to economic analysts, this'll actually improve Japans economy in the long run. It'll add a lot of jobs (for reconstruction) and lower the total unemployment of the country.

Mar 13, 2011 9:03 PM

Apr 2010
And to expand on what I was saying about the economy (not even gonna try editing it, it may take a half an hour till I can even see my post)

"Economic analysts posit that, ultimately, the catastrophe will improve Japan's economy, with increased job availability during restoration efforts. An analyst at JPMorgan Chase, citing the 1989 San Francisco earthquake and the 1994 Northridge earthquake, noted that natural disasters "do eventually boost output." An analyst at Société Générale anticipated that Japan's economy will decline in March but will revive powerfully in subsequent months."

From wikipedia

Mar 13, 2011 9:16 PM

Sep 2010
I can wait I have a whole backlog of series I want to watch that finished years ago so first things first helping out the people and cleaning up entertainment can come last.

Although my question is do they have a schedule for when they will shut off the power or will they just shut it off at a random time everyday for 3 hours for the next month or so??
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 13, 2011 9:16 PM

Sep 2010
I can wait I have a whole backlog of series I want to watch that finished years ago so first things first helping out the people and cleaning up entertainment can come last.

Although my question is do they have a schedule for when they will shut off the power or will they just shut it off at a random time everyday for 3 hours for the next month or so??
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 13, 2011 9:19 PM

Nov 2007
Though I'm sad about the delays, saving some power is important.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 13, 2011 9:23 PM

Oct 2010
This keeps reminding me of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Again and again.
I'm glad they're absolutely stable in handling this mentally:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1oR7mRBNCog-FeVrtl0dD4Suoi2hL0XE4YOoAPdCyZ3w&pli=1

And I hope Japan get well soon.
Mar 13, 2011 9:46 PM

Sep 2009
Some people are ignorant...
Who the hell cares about bloody anime where there is so much more important things going on...

Not to mention people getting pissy about those saying this is the best thing to happen to Japans economy. Japans economy has been in the shit. Rebuilding is not only going to cause create movement in the Japanese economy but all across their trading partners like Canada and the U.S.

Always look for the positives in the deepest negatives.
Mar 13, 2011 10:06 PM

Apr 2010
Roloko said:

Theres 5 different "Zoned Areas" that will have their power cut off at the same time every day, so you can plan around it. Its between 6 am and 10 PM that it'll be turned off. So for anyone interested in late night anime, it won't interfere with the airing of it.

Mar 13, 2011 10:08 PM

Oct 2008
I just hope they find more people that have survived the chaos and that people are able to rebuild their lives quickly. We should raise funds as a community for this cause! I'm surprised there has been no initiative on the part of the administrators of this site!

Fansub groups such as Doki have links to the Red Cross Donation site.

Also, please report distasteful individuals making snide or inappropriate comments.
People are dying. This is not a laughing matter.
Mar 13, 2011 10:27 PM
Mar 2010
anime should be the last thing on their mind. I really don't mind if anime is delayed Japan and its people come first. i offer my deepest condolescence to the people that were affected by this disaster.
Mar 13, 2011 10:45 PM

Mar 2009
Too bad.. but it's unavoidable.
Mar 13, 2011 10:47 PM
Oct 2010
lets pray they recover soon from this disaster and life become normal soon .
Mar 13, 2011 11:54 PM

Oct 2010
First thing I want to say is that I hope all this gets fixed and obviously we all want people to recover and get back on their feets
SalumoN said:
Do I smell an anime about the tsunami?
There already is one:
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/03/13/ochinko-tsunami-anime/
Slash_3-D said:
Support Japan! Buy more Mangas and DVDs!!!!
Why bother, should not donations be better.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 13, 2011 11:56 PM

Dec 2010
Hope Japan can recover as quickly as possible, they should be able to. Nature is really causing a big problem, but then again, might it be antropogenic factors that's causing all of this?
Don't walk with a crowd. You will be bitten to death.
Mar 14, 2011 1:03 AM

May 2009
Veracity said:
Hope Japan can recover as quickly as possible, they should be able to. Nature is really causing a big problem, but then again, might it be antropogenic factors that's causing all of this?

Japan is located straight on the Pacific Ring of Fire, something like this was bound to happen eventually and there's nothing they could've done to prevent it, nor will there ever be.

The issues with the nuclear plants is somewhat of a human factor, but this is a worst-case scenario they thought would never happen – they didn't expect that a tsunami could knock out all the backup systems.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2011 1:39 AM

Aug 2009
theunfettered said:
lets pray they recover soon from this disaster and life become normal soon .

Sure I too hope everything in Japan can recover as soon as possible.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Mar 14, 2011 2:54 AM

Jul 2010
B-chan911 said:
Zhao_Yun said:
There are more important things than Anime right now, anyway. I pray for everyone's safety in Japan
Neverarine said:
whoa those power outages are gonna suck for alot of people, but realy compared to japanes needs right now, who cares about animes? good luck japan, do you you must
SalumoN said:
Damn, missing some animes which I usually watch on Sundays, however, anime ain't so important! Saving lives and rebuilding Japan comes first! R.I.P. to those who have lost their lives, and even though I ain't christian, I give you Japanese my blessings!

Do I smell an anime about the tsunami?
Leonard93 said:
someting like this couldnt be avoided, ah well, i dont really mind that much, i have enough other animes that i can watch.

lets just hope they can rebuild everyting etc.
orikas said:
crazyspinz said:
Anime can wait! Fixing the damage caused is first priority.
Soundtrack said:
Yeah I think everyone's on the same page here. I don't care if anime is delayed, all that matters is their safety.
SatoriTokku said:
I hope they'll remain safe, I won't mind any delays in manga/anime, so long as they stay alive. ;A;
H3ctor said:
As long as recovery is the top priority, that's all that matters.

I agree with all these
Mar 14, 2011 6:00 AM

Nov 2008
man i bet they r loosing a big amount of money this sucks
Mar 14, 2011 7:24 AM

Sep 2010
Is there already some information about what hours the power outages will be? It makes a huge difference in power usage and the affection on the studios if they will be at day or night.
Mar 14, 2011 9:29 AM

Nov 2008
Ovindel said:
Is there already some information about what hours the power outages will be? It makes a huge difference in power usage and the affection on the studios if they will be at day or night.

I request a blackout schedule as well.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

9 by Catalano »»
3 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
9 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - May 9

5 by Zedlin »»
9 hours ago

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 9

2 by Zedlin »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 9

9 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.