Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 10, 2011 7:09 AM
Mar 10, 2011 11:15 AM

Nov 2008
Joyce_Steele said:
I hate to ruin the party but I really REALLY hate yandere girls. Who are they? They just nothing but glorified emo girls who cut's someone's heads than their own wrists. Yes homicidal emos instead of suicidal ones.

I HATE YOU ALL! NOW DIE!!!
YOU STOLE MY BOYFRIEND! NOW DIE!!!

Actually I don't have much problems with canon ones but what really annoys me the non-canon ones like Ui Hirasawa from K-On for example. There just too many fanarts featuring her with knives and occasionally blood. Ui is never yandere to begin with but fans just can't get enough of it.

I prefer women who cut someone else instead of themselves, I don't like self mutilation, plus it's a good way to get rid of annoying female characters, I wonder what would have happened if Shizuka and Tomoko Sado actually did kill Yuno like they planned.

Mar 10, 2011 11:15 AM

Nov 2008
Joyce_Steele said:
I hate to ruin the party but I really REALLY hate yandere girls. Who are they? They just nothing but glorified emo girls who cut's someone's heads than their own wrists. Yes homicidal emos instead of suicidal ones.

Actually I don't have much problems with canon ones but what really annoys me the non-canon ones like Ui Hirasawa from K-On for example. There just too many fanarts featuring her with knives and occasionally blood. Ui is never yandere to begin with but fans just can't get enough of it.

I prefer women who cut someone else instead of themselves, I don't like self mutilation, plus it's a good way to get rid of annoying female characters, I wonder what would have happened if Shizuka and Tomoko Sado actually did kill Yuno like they planned.

Mar 10, 2011 2:36 PM

Nov 2010
Joyce_Steele said:

No... I'm pretty sure emo girls and yandere are two different types of people. The former is self-hating and overly emotional for attention while the latter is a hostile mental illness with legs.

But seriously, I suppose the English equivalent of a yandere is "crazy stalker chick". And while some emo girls could be considered crazy and stalker like not all of them are and vice versa.
Mar 13, 2011 6:20 AM

Apr 2009
Yandere = emo... wat? Oo
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Apr 14, 2016 4:17 PM
Apr 2016
Yandere are fun compared to tsundere. They aren't the second coming of christ but if somebody wants to watch anime with them they have extremely few choices even though yandere is so famous.
Apr 14, 2016 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
There should definitely be more. I love them, they make things more exciting for me.
Apr 14, 2016 5:01 PM

Nov 2013
Knil said:
I don't know about you, but yandere/yangiri makes me more excited than any other trope in anime. Even thinking about it sends shockwaves of delirious euphoria through my veins. Something about seeing cute anime girls turn into blood-covered psychopaths just drives me crazy like nothing else can. Hopefully I'm not the only one who's got this obsession.

So here's the question: Should there be more of it?
We've seen qualities approaching it in a few characters recently (Ayase from Ore no Imouto, and Tsukasa Ayatsuji from Amagami SS come to mind), but full-blown yandere/yangiri is few and far between. Where are all my cute, crazy, fucked-up anime girls?

Checked your favorites expecting school days...was disappointed D:
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
Apr 14, 2016 6:01 PM

Sep 2008
Sora_no_Umi said:
Checked your favorites expecting school days...was disappointed D:

Well I pretty much get my School Days fix by always skipping to the legendary last ep. Definitely a proud moment for the anime industry, but never bothered to watch the rest of the show, lol.

I still think the best yandere show of all time hands down is Higurashi. BUT that was 2006! It's been 10 years - where are the rest of our epic yandere shows?? (Mirai Nikki doesn't count - that was a disaster imho)
Apr 15, 2016 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
Nooo, nooo, nooo.
I demand more attractive elder male psychopaths instead. that's so much hotter. most yandere hos can just go leap off a cliff, they're basic bitches.
Apr 15, 2016 1:17 AM

Jun 2012
Not all Yanderes are written equal. There are shit ones that stain the archetype (and the medium as a whole) such as Chisato. The idea of seeing 100's of Chisatos running around makes me wanna shoot myself.

But generally speaking, sure why not. If anime producers insist on shoving dere archetypes down our throats, better yanderes than tsunderes.
Apr 15, 2016 2:27 AM

Jul 2013
Yanderes are meh unless they are developed in an interesting way who make her obssesion with love credible (i.e. Nadeko Sengoku). Yangires on the other hand are awesome and I would never get enough of them.
Apr 15, 2016 2:33 AM

Jan 2016
I can't help but love my crazy yandere girls xD More! Let there be more!

P.S. Real life yandere are terrifying. Stick to the tsundere :P Or Dere dere, I don't care.
Apr 15, 2016 3:57 AM

Sep 2014
Crazy batshit insane girls are a disease in my opinion. Like Yuno of Mirrai Nikki or this horrible lolita butcher c**t Rori Mercury, in my opinion, they're nothing more than brutes but everyone forgive those chicks because those mindsick garbages are in a body of a cute and hot girl body.

Plus, I don't think Yandere love is "love". Stalking her "lover" everywhere and threatening him and anyone close to him, It's control.

Well, if I must die in the hands of those bastards, I'll do everything to erase theirs silly slasher smile and show me her true face. A face of a pathetic being...

So, no, I don't want to see this kind of character again...
Apr 15, 2016 5:21 AM

Apr 2015
Of course, after all yandere is the best dere.
Apr 15, 2016 5:30 AM

Nov 2009
Knil said:
(Mirai Nikki doesn't count - that was a disaster imho)

Mirai Nikki definitely counts. At least, Gasai Yuno is my favorite yandere. And the most popular girl in MAL the last time I checked.

That said, recently there was Hidan no Aria AA anime. That one provided a lot of yandere, though no one on the level of Yuno.
Apr 17, 2016 9:09 AM
Feb 2016
I don't mind, as a long it's not the MAIN genre of the show. Basically it would be a really protacted show for me, if it's only about a mentally unstable girl fan girling over her senpai - That's why I'm not into Mirai Nikki. I enjoyed the Higurashi series, with both a yandere and yangire, but the story focused on the community, and was based around all the characters.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Your biggest why …? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 12

74 by Anjuro »»
1 minute ago

» So, what's the oldest anime you've ever watched?

Gashadokur0 - 9 minutes ago

6 by tchitchouan »»
4 minutes ago

» Your favorite furry anime character?

Ex-Aid - 7 hours ago

17 by tchitchouan »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime with better sequels than the original

ST63LTH - 8 hours ago

17 by tchitchouan »»
9 minutes ago

» Does our opinions of characters reflect how we treat other people?

Zamus_Edits - Yesterday

9 by tchitchouan »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.