Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 28, 2011 5:49 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Ah, did not expect to be the one starting this. Here we go.

Wasn't sure what to expect from Jellal's capture, but when I saw Natsu jump at it, I was disappointed that he didn't blow them away in flames. I felt sad for Erza though, having to be the one to stop the fight, and sending Jellal away.

The whole Cait Shelter guild illusion took me by surprise. "What incredible Magic Power!" At least Wendy has everyone else now ^^

Next episode looks to be interesting as well!

Edit: Almost could have sworn that the Guild Master of Cait Shelter was going to say Mystogan instead of Jellal.
AmnaelFeb 28, 2011 6:21 PM
Feb 28, 2011 7:18 AM

Feb 2009
I'm surprised none of them was bummed out about having to protect a guild which in the end, was only an illusion. But yeah, I thought it was really cool that the guild master had such an amount of magical power.

I also can't believe Erza let Jellal go like that.. I do believe he will return somewhere, with his old memories. If he doesn't, I find this a very disappointing ending for his character.

On another note, as this part of the story is over there must be a new OP soon.. and I like this one so much! :(
Feb 28, 2011 8:06 AM

Jul 2010
Aw poor Wendy and Erza ;(
Feb 28, 2011 8:06 AM

Dec 2009
Oh jeeze with the special credits I had I thought the series really was going to end like everyone was saying it was rumored to be. Next week looks like filler, but I sincerely hope they move on to the Edolas arc!
Feb 28, 2011 8:33 AM
Sep 2010
with wendy fairy tail has 3 dragonslayers now. hell yeah!

propably the most touching ep so far imo.
Feb 28, 2011 8:45 AM

Aug 2010
Wachoi Wachoi!
*glares*
Eh? What? Oh, you're some ghosts who tried protecting Nirvana? I can understand that xD
For starters, great episode. It may actually be one of the best FT episodes I've seen 'till now. Some shrew feelings were thrown here and there but there were actually moments (especially at the final part with the whole guild for Wendy - even though I was expecting it) that almost brought me to tears(and not many were able to acheve this). The powerful OST that FT offered us in the latest episodes is great and combined with the slick art that this episode offered made this perfect for me...at least for me, haha xD
koleareFeb 28, 2011 8:51 AM
Feb 28, 2011 8:58 AM

Dec 2009
Great Episode ^^

Can't wait for the new opening next week, until now I liked all FT opening songs .
yuno6.jpg
Feb 28, 2011 9:05 AM

Feb 2010
ninkendo said:
Oh jeeze with the special credits I had I thought the series really was going to end like everyone was saying it was rumored to be. Next week looks like filler, but I sincerely hope they move on to the Edolas arc!

i don't know why ppl stiill think that FT will end soon^^ it's already confimed that it continues till end of the year and got a new/better time slot.....
Feb 28, 2011 9:45 AM
Oct 2007
The atmosphere and ost for fairy tail (including the worst episode) are always almost this perfert!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2011 9:52 AM

Jul 2009
Yeah, FT is pretty much like the big 3 now, it won't end, but be prepared for loads of fillers.
With that said, this episode actually made me sad, even though I've read this part already. Background music and voice actors really make a big impact on the feelings of the episode.
Feb 28, 2011 10:03 AM

Feb 2010
I'm gonna miss Ichiya, really funny character and the VA choice made him awesome. Does he (and the others I guess) show up more later or are they one-arc wonders?
Feb 28, 2011 10:16 AM

Feb 2008
Directed by M. Night Shyamalan
Feb 28, 2011 10:32 AM
Mar 2010
Paiguy said:
I'm gonna miss Ichiya, really funny character and the VA choice made him awesome. Does he (and the others I guess) show up more later or are they one-arc wonders?

They haven't shown up again yet, but it hasn't even been two full arcs in the manga since this one ended.
Feb 28, 2011 10:38 AM

Feb 2009
Oh man seeing erza cry like that was painful o.o
Feb 28, 2011 10:44 AM

Sep 2009
Kurogashi said:
Yeah, FT is pretty much like the big 3 now, it won't end, but be prepared for loads of fillers.

Just curious...which are "the big 3"? XD

...and then off to watch the episode!
Great episode! am dreaming of a "Oh-me-gawd!-Jellal-is-sentenced-to-death!-Fairy-Tail-to-the-rescue-arc" for some time in the future now! :D
mini_jetteFeb 28, 2011 1:27 PM
Feb 28, 2011 11:09 AM

Mar 2010
Sighh..sad ending
Feb 28, 2011 11:20 AM
Jul 2009
mini_jette said:

the big 3 are one piece, naruto and bleach

that ending made me think the show was ending! T^T i almost had a panic attack
im looking forward to the edolas arc just b/c their counterparts are brilliant

oh and about ichiya... he's kinda in the next arc (his counterpart anyway... just thinking about that makes me laugh)
Feb 28, 2011 11:25 AM

Feb 2009
This episode did not fail me one bit.
I expected Erza's part to be great but that one part with Wendy's when Erza reached out to her was so powerful that it made me choke up a bit and my eyes teared up.
Damn it, the OST here sure is excellent and so are the voice cast.

And so concludes this arc with Wendy joining FT.
Next week preview was so inviting with that dragon thing until I saw a character I didn't know.
It's half filler I guess. And here I was expecting
I'm very much curious as to how FT will solve the blunder they did a long time ago with them leaving him out in the episodes about who is the strongest.
Feb 28, 2011 11:38 AM

Aug 2010
mini_jette said:
Kurogashi said:

...and then off to watch the episode!

Well the big three are one piece,bleach, and naruto
Feb 28, 2011 11:43 AM
Sep 2010
mini_jette said:
Kurogashi said:

i guess he/she means one piece, bleach and naruto (shippuden). am i right?

geeze. i refreshed this page if someone had already answered this while i was reading but then your post disappeared and i refreshed again and it came back and there was another post too (that was posted about 30 minutes ago). damn MAL lags
Feb 28, 2011 12:21 PM
Oct 2010
Why tears are from two eyes (10:03) Her right eye is fake! It`s can`t produce tears!
Feb 28, 2011 1:02 PM

May 2009
I WANTED TO CRY!
Feb 28, 2011 1:04 PM

Jul 2009
Looks like we're set for some filler but that doesn't surprise me much.
Feb 28, 2011 1:17 PM

Mar 2009
LeshyJr said:
Why tears are from two eyes (10:03) Her right eye is fake! It`s can`t produce tears!
You missed some of the past 20 eps.
So maybe this was the second or third best ep of FT though the second part was kinda poor executed and i mean the animating stuff. I know this is FT like in its infancy to some degree but what ever.The first part was really well done tho.
Feb 28, 2011 1:22 PM

Sep 2007
She can cry ...
Remember when Natsu saved her after she try to sacrifice herself ?
Feb 28, 2011 1:29 PM

Sep 2009
okay, OP, Naruto and Bleach... not entirely sure I agree, nor do I fully get the "the big 3" name - but I can see what you mean, I guess....

Why "the BIG 3" thou? Length?
Feb 28, 2011 1:36 PM

May 2010
This is one sad episode!Even though i've read the manga, it still saddened me.Especially that grandpa..how much effort did it take him to create such an illusion for such a long time just for Wendy?

Still..very nice and you people are right!The next episodes are going to be even better, so keep watching!
Feb 28, 2011 1:49 PM

Sep 2009
LeshyJr said:
wow. You did notice something very significant and now i am wondering it too.

Kasumisty said:
loved how they changed the ending and just showed us what happened during this arc.
+1

this episode pretty much brought me to the verge of tears. Its so painful to see Erza cry and the couple separating is just sad. Erza and Jellal are just too perfect <3

The illusion concept was cool.
Dying for the Mystogan arc!!
Feb 28, 2011 2:10 PM

Aug 2007
lawl. So Jerzaful :) The credits were practically dedicated to them LOL.

...not that I'm complaining <3

Wendy's pain is freaking heavy. I feel so bad for the girl :( First she revives Jellal b/c she's "indebted to him", then Jellal "doesn't remember her", then he's taken away, then her guild members disappear because they aren't real, then the master disappears.

wtf. AND SHE'S ONLY TWELVE. WTF.
Sasusaku OTP~
Oldrivalshipping FTW~

Feb 28, 2011 2:17 PM

Oct 2009
Why don't just beat that stupid council? >.>
Feb 28, 2011 2:26 PM

Aug 2010
Just me who found this ep dull?
Why in gods name would they try to save Jellal? He's for once killed Erzas friend dont remember the name, and just cuz try to help the "good guys" once doesn't erase the past acts in his life.
So hell yea that he got thrown into jail!

And why cant the "police" use magic when they start to pound on them? Oh noes we got staffs we must all run at them But Do NOT hit!

*Wachoi Wachoi* was the only good thing in the ep imo
Feb 28, 2011 3:23 PM
Jan 2011
Crawl said:
Just me who found this ep dull?
Why in gods name would they try to save Jellal? He's for once killed Erzas friend dont remember the name, and just cuz try to help the "good guys" once doesn't erase the past acts in his life.
So hell yea that he got thrown into jail!

And why cant the "police" use magic when they start to pound on them? Oh noes we got staffs we must all run at them But Do NOT hit!

*Wachoi Wachoi* was the only good thing in the ep imo

I'm lazy now so I will quote my self for this:
Talukita said:
I'm tired of having to explain this again and again. Please read or watch the Anime carefully. Did I have to remind you that he was brainwashed by Ultear? Or how he fused with the Etherion so save Erza?

Seriously, people need to think what is the author trying to say. He wants to prove that Jellal was never ever bad in the first place. The amnesia is to make his life become more dramatic. It makes his way of redemption become rougher than anyone else, because no one trusts him, thinking that all of his doings is because of the amnesia. Do you really think that he will become evil again if he regains his memories? The second reason is to block his power. You don't want to see him one shot the whole Nirvana with Abyss Break, do you?

And don't get your hopes up,

edit: Do you seriously not know how to produce spoiler tags, or are you just playing stupid?
desolatoMar 2, 2011 11:33 AM
Feb 28, 2011 3:37 PM
Sep 2009
I found that episode to be very emotional. I didn't expect Caitshelter to be an illusion created by the master. Kinda feel bad for Wendy =(
Feb 28, 2011 4:50 PM

Sep 2009
That was definitely one of the best episodes in the series. I got some tears in my eyes during the first part, but then the flashback was like bam. o no The fact that Wendy's guild was an illusion was sad, but touching because he went to such lengths for her.
Feb 28, 2011 5:58 PM

Sep 2010
belatkuro said:
And so concludes this arc with Wendy joining FT.
Next week preview was so inviting with that dragon thing until I saw a character I didn't know.
It's half filler I guess. And here I was expecting

Yeah... I'm also curious how will they introduce him... Will they include him in the anime?
Feb 28, 2011 8:09 PM
Feb 2011
in eps 68, Erza said "I wont let you take him!", before Natsu started the fight. So, it means that Erza do have e intention of not letting the council take him away?
Feb 28, 2011 8:28 PM

Dec 2009
mini_jette said:
okay, OP, Naruto and Bleach... not entirely sure I agree, nor do I fully get the "the big 3" name - but I can see what you mean, I guess....

They're the 3 most popular shounen series at the moment and have been for the past decade and are what pretty much keeps the manga industry alive at this point in terms of sales. One Piece vol. 61 just came out earlier this month and it sold over 2 million copies in it's first 3 days on sale!
Feb 28, 2011 9:48 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty good episode and a pretty good end to the arc I would say. Although as a whole this arc was not as good as some of the other arcs were. Next episode seems to be somewhat filler? :/
よ!僕はジェフです。エンジニアです。日本語が下手です。もっと勉強しなきゃいけない!
Feb 28, 2011 10:06 PM
Aug 2010
Pretty good episode, I liked how twist ending.
Feb 28, 2011 10:21 PM

Jun 2008
THANK YOU GOD....this stupid arc is FINALLY OVER!!!!

Overall, I'm disappointed by the Oracion Seis, the Nonsense from Nirvana, and the Twist ending was Ok but it didn't save the arc from being incredibly stupid.

Jellal....What can I say, I still have hopes that he becomes a villain again, but knowing how Shounen is...it doesn't look good.

Erza.....I give her props for not raging and trying to save Jellal at the end....BUT....the damage is done, I was upset after that emotional scene, not because I feel sorry for her....but because I just witnessed my favorite character get destroyed by idiotic, generic, plot devices that the mangaka has decided to use for her.....I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Wendy....She's probably the only character that I liked during this stupid arc, she wasn't great, but she wasn't that bad either, I did feel sorry for her at the end, but I'm glad she'll be joining Fairy Tail.....although that too is a generic plot device by the mangaka.

Natsu.....Nothing new for him, typical Shounen main character strength, and typical main character HAX powers followed by the "improbable" victory over a villain he should've lost to. BUT....Natsu really isn't so bad, at least he's not emo, and I enjoy his comedic antics with Happy.

PLEASE....PLEASE....let the next arc be better.
Feb 28, 2011 10:25 PM

Oct 2010
I really liked this arc im so upset its over :(
Hopefully the next arc is better than what i think its gonna be
Feb 28, 2011 11:38 PM
Jun 2009
i miss old fairy tail, destroying cities and not afraid of anything. dropped if naruto style isn't over next ep.
Mar 1, 2011 1:46 AM

Sep 2009
ninkendo said:
mini_jette said:

They're the 3 most popular shounen series at the moment and have been for the past decade and are what pretty much keeps the manga industry alive at this point in terms of sales. One Piece vol. 61 just came out earlier this month and it sold over 2 million copies in it's first 3 days on sale!

Thanks for the explanation! I am aware that these series are pulling a huge weight on the market (althou, personally I only follow one of them...the other 2, it's true, are hard to miss), which is why I don't get why FT would be put in the same pile as these! But this is all a little off topic, so I'll leave it :)
haha, all those questions seems a little wasted nowXD (thought there would be an awesome, tricky explanation to "the big 3" - it's a cool name! wish it'd cover something a little........better :P)
Mar 1, 2011 1:50 AM

Dec 2010
i never expected FT would make me cry but this episode really moved me.. my favorite one so far! i was even sad to see wendy's caitshelter tattoo disappear QQ
Mar 1, 2011 3:53 AM

Sep 2010
That was quite an episode.
Mar 1, 2011 3:56 AM

Dec 2009
It's so sad to see Erza's sad face.

Mar 1, 2011 4:34 AM

Jun 2009
Who was the girl with glasses at the preview? o_O

Great episode by the way. I almost cried :'D
and Jellal... ; n ; <33
サービスサービス
Mar 1, 2011 4:51 AM
Feb 2010
Nice end to this arc... pretty sad though. Lots of farewells.
A new beginning after an end indeed. Now Wendy could become part of the main cast^^.
Mar 1, 2011 5:14 AM
Jan 2010
I did like this episode in a certain way.

The title one man guild made me curious about what was going to happen

One man guild made me think of jellal (he was alone all the time) so that the title was about wendy was a suprise for me.

Overall : its too bad that jellal was send away to prison (to be executed in the future) but as you guys already know : jellal will come back some day and maybe he will be a member of fairy tail in the future.

That fairy tail has 3 dragon slayers in the guild now is just EPIC ! (one healer, and 2 magic damage dealers)

After fairy tail 67 i'm really curious about wendy and gajeel's ultimate attacks.

We Shall See ;) !!!

Drag0nFireMar 1, 2011 5:18 AM
Mar 1, 2011 7:01 AM

Nov 2010
another sad episode.. BUT its d start of d new arc!.. yey!
What can I say? I'm a fan.
- Usui Kazuyoshi

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 169 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

103 by aod-kun »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

186 by aod-kun »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

garfield15 - May 31, 2010

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - May 24, 2010

103 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 153 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

101 by LightNoragami1 »»
Yesterday, 2:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.