Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2011 10:49 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The plot's only thickening, and Wolverine defeats Omega Red, whose short tenure was quite interesting. Kikyo's still out and about, and it seems like another villain's coming up. And it looks like Cyclops...? Moving on ahead is Shingen, who we can only hope to show up and have a final showdown with Wolverine sometime near the finale.
Feb 8, 2011 4:21 AM

Jan 2008
This was quite interesting. Two fights with Omega Red in one episode, but now that Wolverine knows his weakness, he can take him out pretty easily.

And the assassin didn't take out Asano? Wow. I guess that means everyone was wrong in the last episode, going on about "How come it took Wolverine so long to figure it out. It's so obvious." My guess was always the chick and that he was stabbed with a knife, but I could be wrong about that too. I had suspicions on the katana, but my theory is he would have stabbed Asano right through to the other side.

Cyclops' voice is pretty cool. Not great, but I am accepting of it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 8, 2011 8:04 AM

Sep 2010
Did I saw what I saw? This dude, it's Cyclops isn't it?
Glad to see X-men in this show :o
Feb 8, 2011 12:14 PM

Feb 2010
Whoaa, its Cyclops!
:O!
Feb 8, 2011 1:56 PM

Jun 2010
Fights were awesome. First fight with Omega Red was great but the second one, come on was that even a fight? All he had to do was rip out his (im gunna guess) artificial hearts out.
I didnt imagine Cyclops or anyone from the X-Men were gunna show up, so im surprised from that.

Feb 8, 2011 2:41 PM

Apr 2010
Okay... so now we know about Kikyo... I'm a little relieved... but the length of his bone/sword is still bothering me.

And out of all people... he calls Cyclops from the X-men...? I was imagining Storm showing up or something... But also... do any of them really have the time to show up personally just for Wolverine? And I always thought Cyclops and Wolverine were JUST acquaintances... you know... people who wouldn't show up for you like that.

And hat Yukio woman... all she does is basically follow around Wolverine... But never helps... and when she does... it's all useless.

And i guess this is where Wolverine's potential is shown... how after knowing the Weakness he can win the fight in a matter of Seconds. But against Kikyo... I'm not really sure. He's never been able to beat Sabertooth, Or any other very similar mutants to himself for that matter, which tells me that Kikyo and Wolverine are probably quite alike... It's also possible that Kikyo is the Japanese Wolverine... because he ALSO doesn't remember who he is.

At least they improved A LOT on the inconsistencies, now honestly I don't feel like dropping it. For like 3 constant episodes I raged at this Anime... but now i feel like it can deliver to a decent finish.
Feb 8, 2011 5:54 PM

Feb 2009
I didn't realize that Yukio was actually in the comics till I read it recently.

Cyclops looks like he'll only show up this one time though. We'll probably see a lot more of him in the X-Men series in the spring. His visor looks huge though =P

My guess is that either the Silver Samurai or Sabertooth will show up before Wolverine has a final showdown with Shingen.
Feb 8, 2011 7:08 PM

Apr 2010
Most probably it's Sabertooth, I'm sure we see Sabertooth in the ED sequence. Just before the previews.
Feb 8, 2011 8:05 PM

Feb 2008
Lol, so that the "preview" of one of the x-men mutant ( Ciclops ) for the next anime of Madhouse ( X-men ), they did the same as the iron man anime, show wolverine around chap 5 to show a "Preview" of the anime of wolverine

Jeez, each episode looks more dull, next ep gona drop it...

Was expecting so much from Wolverin...

Feb 9, 2011 9:30 AM
Jan 2011
Nanodesu said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The plot's only thickening, and Wolverine defeats Omega Red, whose short tenure was quite interesting. Kikyo's still out and about, and it seems like another villain's coming up. And it looks like Cyclops...? Moving on ahead is Shingen, who we can only hope to show up and have a final showdown with Wolverine sometime near the finale.

I wonder as to why did it took 2 ep just for Omega Red to kick the bucket?
Feb 9, 2011 3:02 PM

Nov 2009
The fights were great... but did anything really happen... I don't know, i don't think watching omega red die twice is worth 20 minutes.

And why the hell did he run all the way up that building??! -.- I can understand you want a empty space but...
Feb 9, 2011 3:34 PM

Jul 2007
BladedWarrior said:

BOth Shingen, Mariko and Yukio are form comic books, in fact, this whole "Mariko forced to marry by Shingen" story was the very first comic book centered around wolverine to be published, not to mention that Shingen (or rather his family) has had a rather huge role in Wolverine's life and Mariko actually was introduced in x-men comics before the wolverine miniserie sback then.

BladedWarrior said:

Cyclops looks like he'll only show up this one time though. We'll probably see a lot more of him in the X-Men series in the spring. His visor looks huge though =P

My guess is that either the Silver Samurai or Sabertooth will show up before Wolverine has a final showdown with Shingen.

In fact I am hopin gwe will see both.

Sabertooth becaus ewe obviously will get the project X background.

Silver Samurai because of his direct connection to Shingen, whats with

Overall I AM VERY HAPPY that they stuckk to the time-appropriate Silver-Age Cyclops design:
Feb 10, 2011 1:53 AM

Feb 2009
I like Cyclops in all but I was kinda hoping it would be just him and yukio throughout the entire thing.
Feb 10, 2011 10:59 AM

Feb 2009
Logan showed up on Iron Man at episode 4.
Now Cyclops shows up on Wolverine at episode 5.
I'm calling it now, Blade will show up on X-men at episode 6 :P
Just joking.
Feb 10, 2011 3:57 PM

Aug 2010
Best part of this episode for me was when the blackbird showed up! I was like fuck yeah!! I don't really like Cyclops uniform because I've never seen his with his whole head covered but oh well. I can't wait for the X-Men adaptation to come out in the spring, hopefully it'll be good too and have all my favorite X-Men.

Also Omega Red coming back at the end was super pointless because Wolverine took him out in less than a minute. I wonder why Kikyo has the same powers as Logan but I have feeling we won't be getting an answer to that question at all.
Feb 10, 2011 4:00 PM

Apr 2009
Holy cow it's Cyclops! The least person I expected to come.

K9001 said:
Lol, so that the "preview" of one of the x-men mutant ( Ciclops ) for the next anime of Madhouse ( X-men ), they did the same as the iron man anime, show wolverine around chap 5 to show a "Preview" of the anime of wolverine

Yeah that's what's on my mind too and it sounds interesting. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 11, 2011 6:31 PM

May 2008
*sigh* i was hoping nightcrawler or iceman to be in the blackbird :p. ahwell, cyclops will suffice.

Feb 12, 2011 12:32 AM

Jan 2010
Everybody is saying the same thing about cyclops showing up lol. I was surprised needless to say.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Feb 13, 2011 7:35 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
Logan showed up on Iron Man at episode 4.
Now Cyclops shows up on Wolverine at episode 5.
I'm calling it now, Blade will show up on X-men at episode 6 :P
Just joking.

I wouldn't put it passed them xD
Feb 15, 2011 9:03 PM

Oct 2008
That's Cyclops? o__o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 19, 2011 5:42 AM

Oct 2009
Wolverine wouldn't call Cyclops >_> i thought it was beast that came :\
Aug 25, 2011 11:44 AM

Aug 2010
I really liked this episode. The fights with Wolverine VS Omega Red and Kikyo were intense, but I am glad that Omega Red is dead. He was starting to annoy me, and then he interupted the fight between Kikyo and Wolverine. Thats a big no.

Also, I was like "Neat!" when Cyclops appeared at the end. Good times are ahead.

But Yukio is useless.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Nov 5, 2011 5:44 PM

Dec 2008
Ok so now we have a samurai with healing factor and adamantium sword that decided to walk away. Omega Red was owned again and the Blackbird appears with Cyclops in it. Great episode!
Sep 21, 2019 11:06 AM

Jul 2008
So ninja girl killed Asano? Why?
Dec 6, 2019 5:17 AM
May 2019
Hmm, this seems to be leading up to something more interesting. Well, my biggest issue with this is the lack of dialogue, but shows like these are not my thing.
Nov 16, 2022 10:05 PM

Nov 2012
Revived omega red comes back for the rematch to get killed almost instantly lol
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 12 Discussion

luccide - Mar 30, 2011

44 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:43 AM

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 7 Discussion

Arpadiam - Feb 25, 2011

16 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 16, 2022 11:26 PM

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 6 Discussion

CRAZEH247 - Feb 13, 2011

17 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 16, 2022 10:26 PM

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 4 Discussion

belatkuro - Jan 30, 2011

21 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 16, 2022 9:44 PM

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 3 Discussion

DoomCraft - Jan 23, 2011

37 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 16, 2022 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.