Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2011 8:51 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode.
Logan vs. Omega Red, a classic fight. The flashbacks support Omega Red's hate with Logan but it isn't clear why Logan infiltrated his base before.
Preview pretty much spoils that Logan will come out of that fight the winner with no sign of help. And the samurai Kikyo returns as well for a rematch. This should be fun.

inb4 nitpicking the minor details again
Jan 30, 2011 10:32 AM

Sep 2010
The preview was too spoiled :/

I don't understand when was Omega Red's first dead?
Jan 30, 2011 11:02 AM

Jan 2010
Ojisama_Cut said:
The preview was too spoiled :/

I don't understand when was Omega Red's first dead?

When that thing exploded he was thought dead,i guess. He didn't died when he was executed.

Pretty boring episode to mel. Wolverine is not as good as Iron Man and Iron Man wasn't that good to begin with :(

Jan 30, 2011 12:31 PM

Nov 2009
I'm just glad he is actually in a slightly tought spot. Everything was horribly boring knowing he was immortal...

Omega Red wasn't that tough looking or anything though.
Jan 30, 2011 1:22 PM

Jan 2011
Decent episode, its nice to see wolverine will actually get his ass kicked every now and then in this show instead of him being perfectly healthy after each battle. My special appearance sensors are going off, I have a feeling another marvel hero will be making a visit soon, like a fellow X-man
Jan 30, 2011 3:25 PM

Jun 2008
This Wolverine really seems like a boring pretty boy. Such fights will have been a lot more fun with that mental psychopath Wolverine we saw in the comics when he first appeared in X-Men.
And that omega red is pathetic too. Holding him letting him go crapping him again. What a stupid fight.
Jan 30, 2011 3:34 PM

Apr 2010
Okay honestly.... after all the things I pointed out in the previous episodes... this episode improved by quite a stretch...

BUT!

There were still lots of errors... and since this episode kinda balanced it with bad to good things, I wont bother posting all them. In the end, I didn't feel lie dropping the anime...

Okay, now onto other things...

Wolverine is obviously going to win. Even though Omega Red is one of the few people who can fight Wolverine head on... his Carbonadium... isn't as strong as Adamantium (AND FUCKING FINALLY THEY TRY TO KEEP UP WITH CONSISTENCIES AND SENSIBLE EXPLAINATIONS JEEZ).

Omega Red releases a pheromone that I think I have mentioned before that kills normal people around him. In the case of Wolverine, it's kind of useless. Because Wolverine's Healing Factor isn't that slow (it seems to be in this anime though)... and also... he can just keep Killing Wolverine and Wolverine will just keep coming back. But eventually inevitably, Omega Red will lose.

The first few minutes of this episode were still pretty shit... it got much better from the Flashback onwards... but still wasn't good all the way... quite a few things after that contained errors. But the rest of the episode made up for it.

Unfortunately... this episode did not make up for all the shit episodes that we just passed. So I'm still heavily considering dropping this... which is why I'm going to watch the next episode to see if the quality of this episode follows through.
Jan 30, 2011 6:43 PM

Aug 2009
Everything was fine but the fight was so repetitive and gets you bored easily
Doesn't Wolverine have any kind of special ability other than getting beaten the hell out of him ?
Jan 30, 2011 7:32 PM

Feb 2008
Omega red powers

Abilities

1Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, and reflexes
2 Regenerative Healing factor
3 Carbonadium retractable tentacles housed within each arm
4 Ability to secrete pheromones that result in sickness and death
5 Life Force absorption
6 Skilled hand-to-hand combatant and military tactician

In the wolverine anime

1 Correct
2 not present
3 correct
4 not present
5 Correct
6 Not present ( Trowing a giant box of wood to a virtualy indestrutible body is not very tactic... and other stupid things about omega red fighting)

Jan 30, 2011 7:42 PM

Apr 2010
^

#4 Pheromones... I thought he did release them... that Kuzuryuu guy starting coughing and shizz...
Jan 31, 2011 3:01 AM

Jul 2007
K9001 said:
Omega red powers

Abilities

5 Life Force absorption

In the wolverine anime

1 Correct
2 not present
3 correct
4 not present
5 Correct
6 Not present ( Trowing a giant box of wood to a virtualy indestrutible body is not very tactic... and other stupid things about omega red fighting)

For healing factor, no omega red does not have that, during the point of time when miniseries happens. However he has a superhuman stamina levels. making him able to withstand injuries, explosions and other stuff with lesser damage. Its partially due to the project and partially due to the armor, which, while its unknown from what it is made, has been speculated to have similar features as the armors of Iron Man and Iron Patriot armors. However it is NOT a healing factor. Logan can heal his injuries, Omega Red's power only makes him more durable to them. Omega Red only got his powers AFTER he was experimented upon again in order to "improve him". As he is during Miller's miniseries, he only has a stamina durability.

And pheromones DO exist in anime. Guess what is Omega Red using through his tentacles? The whole reason why his tentacles can drain life force is because he can concentrate and channel his death spores through them directly into the victim.

As for hand-to-hand. Logan was not "indestructible" at this moment. He has already been dosed with quite a lot of death spores to slow his healing powers, and while adamantium in his body IS indestructible, his organs and his FLESH are not. Without healing factor, all logan's adamantium durability will do, is prevent bones being broken. Omega Red specifically started throwing him around ONLY after he fried him for a couple of minutes.
Jan 31, 2011 9:46 AM

Feb 2008
Fai said:
K9001 said:
Omega red powers

Abilities

5 Life Force absorption

In the wolverine anime

1 Correct
2 not present
3 correct
4 not present
5 Correct

For healing factor, no omega red does not have that, during the point of time when miniseries happens. However he has a superhuman stamina levels. making him able to withstand injuries, explosions and other stuff with lesser damage. Its partially due to the project and partially due to the armor, which, while its unknown from what it is made, has been speculated to have similar features as the armors of Iron Man and Iron Patriot armors. However it is NOT a healing factor. Logan can heal his injuries, Omega Red's power only makes him more durable to them. Omega Red only got his powers AFTER he was experimented upon again in order to "improve him". As he is during Miller's miniseries, he only has a stamina durability.

And pheromones DO exist in anime. Guess what is Omega Red using through his tentacles? The whole reason why his tentacles can drain life force is because he can concentrate and channel his death spores through them directly into the victim.

As for hand-to-hand. Logan was not "indestructible" at this moment. He has already been dosed with quite a lot of death spores to slow his healing powers, and while adamantium in his body IS indestructible, his organs and his FLESH are not. Without healing factor, all logan's adamantium durability will do, is prevent bones being broken. Omega Red specifically started throwing him around ONLY after he fried him for a couple of minutes.

From marvel forums : Marvel Forum Omega Red Bio

Omega Red is a mutant with the ability to secrete bodily pheromones deadly to anyone in his immediate vicinity. This power greatly drains his energy, requiring him to absorb the life force of others. Omega Red was also granted superhuman strength from the KGB enhancement.

From wiki : Omega Red Bio Wiki

* Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, and reflexes
* Regenerative Healing factor
* Carbonadium retractable tentacles housed within each arm
* Ability to secrete pheromones that result in sickness and death
* Life Force absorption
* Skilled hand-to-hand combatant and military tactician

They are lacks of many thing in the anime...

Jan 31, 2011 6:30 PM

Jun 2010
The fight was alright, but most of the episode boring.
Feb 1, 2011 1:07 AM

Jul 2007
K9001 said:
Fai said:
K9001 said:
Omega red powers

Abilities

5 Life Force absorption

In the wolverine anime

1 Correct
2 not present
3 correct
4 not present
5 Correct

From marvel forums : Marvel Forum Omega Red Bio

Omega Red is a mutant with the ability to secrete bodily pheromones deadly to anyone in his immediate vicinity. This power greatly drains his energy, requiring him to absorb the life force of others. Omega Red was also granted superhuman strength from the KGB enhancement.

From wiki : Omega Red Bio Wiki

* Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, and reflexes
* Regenerative Healing factor
* Carbonadium retractable tentacles housed within each arm
* Ability to secrete pheromones that result in sickness and death
* Life Force absorption
* Skilled hand-to-hand combatant and military tactician

They are lacks of many thing in the anime...

At the present time in marvelverse, yes, omega red has it.

However the wolverine anime is based on F.Miller's wolverine miniseries and while omega was not in the comic book, the whole shingen plot happens before omega gets a healing factor. At that point in time, Omega just has an incredible durability due to supersoldier modifications and special armor. However this is set way before he gets the healing factor.

and life force absorption and pheromones/death spores are practically the same thing. In one case he just spreads them, in other case he directs the pheromones through the carbonadium tentacles to suck the life out of enemies. One could classify them as separate powers in a way they are used, but if there were no pheromones/death spores, he would not even be able to do the whole life force sucking stuff, because it uses the same pheromones to do the job.

other points already addressed.
Feb 7, 2011 10:06 PM

Jan 2009
Omega Red was a pretty fun character, but I'm looking forward to moving more toward Shingen and the main plot.
Feb 15, 2011 8:34 PM

Oct 2008
Oh, so they were tentacles.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 19, 2011 5:40 AM

Oct 2009
boring.......... -_-'
Aug 17, 2011 10:58 AM

Aug 2010
I actuallu really enjoyed this episode. The fight was really good. Yeah, it used some stills, but it still mangaged to be exciting. The flashbacks were interesting, although it didn't really explain much.

Also, the ending surprised me.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Nov 5, 2011 4:21 PM

Dec 2008
Wolverine is not this weak! Everyone he meets beats the hell out of him. :/
Sep 19, 2019 9:57 AM

Jul 2008
For once can't Wolverine just pummel a guy with no problem?
Dec 4, 2019 12:05 PM
May 2019
Hm, one of the better episodes so far, but still incredibly generic. The fight scenes were actually somewhat interesting though.
Nov 16, 2022 9:44 PM

Nov 2012
I'm glad we got Omega Red in this at least, makes a lot more sense than random goons giving Logan a hard time.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 12 Discussion

luccide - Mar 30, 2011

44 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:43 AM

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 7 Discussion

Arpadiam - Feb 25, 2011

16 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 16, 2022 11:26 PM

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 6 Discussion

CRAZEH247 - Feb 13, 2011

17 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 16, 2022 10:26 PM

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 5 Discussion

Nanodesu - Feb 7, 2011

25 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 16, 2022 10:05 PM

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 3 Discussion

DoomCraft - Jan 23, 2011

37 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 16, 2022 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.