Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 28, 2011 8:54 PM

Dec 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
As i thought, he DID have malicious intention...
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Jan 29, 2011 1:15 PM

Apr 2009
Malicious? He is very cold-hearted and he schemed everything, but... hey, is it even possible to do something malicious by writing manga?

It's very interesting, what will happen next, anyway. And I can't wait to see the "divergent proper battle manga" by Ashirogi, hope they'll draw it soon.
Jan 29, 2011 1:45 PM

Aug 2010
Not malicious, just smart. He'll be a really good rival once Ashirogi Muto get their next work going.

Anyway, this chapter was far better than any of the other recent ones, really looking forward for more.
Jan 29, 2011 1:53 PM

Jan 2010
Looks like we got a smart ass.

However what he said about letting more people review his work than just one editor is sneaky but true. More brains, more opinions.

IM GETTING PUMPED!!!
Jan 29, 2011 1:53 PM

Aug 2009
that editor sucks.
Jan 29, 2011 2:07 PM

Aug 2008
At the end os chapter 117 where he deleted the manuscript from the internet you could tell in his facial expression that it was a foreshadow to his true personality that was shown in 118. I wish he would just show his true personality instead of putting on. Good chapter!!!!
Jan 29, 2011 2:17 PM

Jul 2008
As I thought, he was an evil mastermind XD
A good plan he made up there... can't wait to see someone beating him up!
Jan 29, 2011 2:30 PM

Jun 2009
I kinda agree with this prick...
1 editor barely know about manga give some advice...
get direct feedback from readers definitely thousand times better than editor's shit...
Jan 29, 2011 4:30 PM

Nov 2007
LOL. He's finally been revealed as the evil mastermind he is. :3

He reminds me a lot of Raito, though. (Of course.)

Dying to know what Eij willi make of him and what Ashirogi will do in response. Here's hoping we see a great psychological battle fought through manga and a fiery end for Nanamine~
yamakasiJan 29, 2011 4:35 PM
Jan 29, 2011 4:40 PM

Dec 2008
Wow, a really good chapter! And yes, I always knew there was some other side to him. I'm sort of disappointed of him meeting the Ashirogi Muto duo. It skipped through the actual 'first impression', and i wanted to see his reaction to finding out that it was a two person team. Anyways, this kid is pretty smart, you've got to admit. This atleast will give Ashirogi another push (not that they didn't need another, what with Niizuma, Shiratori, etc) to have their ultimate manga. Even though they're thinking up ideas right now, I wonder what impact that'll have on PCP. Will they end it? Or have it simultaneously? Having 2 mangas is pretty difficult and only Eiji has done that and hes a genius.

Edit: Just like the guy above ^, i'm curious as to how Eiji will react to Nanamine. It seems that he can tell why kind of author the person is just by their writing. That's why he had an interest it meeting Ashirogi. Eiji i think will see through Nanamine's rouse, and do anything he can to put it down, so to speak. He's quite blunt, and I bet they'll be and instance where they will interview Eiji about him, and he'll say that he doesn't like the guy.
EvidentlyJan 29, 2011 4:47 PM
Jan 29, 2011 5:05 PM

Jul 2009
A true villain in Bakuman? And a cool, calculating one at that? As expected of the author of Death Note.

Nanamine: JUST AS PLANNED!
Jan 29, 2011 5:32 PM

Feb 2008
Shyster said:
Shyster said:
A true villain in Bakuman? And a cool, calculating one at that? As expected of the author of Death Note.

The moment i saw him i thought of death note :D

Malicious intents? no. smart? yes. but he does look a little like an ass. Hell i'd do something that would let me rise in the world faster. the things he did didn't hurt anyone so it's all good. He does seem like a jerk but lets wait and see.

Editors are good. They are professionals who know the business. You don't have to be a great chef to know what food is delicious.

The feedback from people are good but you can't write a manga based on that.
Jan 29, 2011 5:40 PM

Jun 2008
Just like some of the comments before me, I would like to know Eiji's opinion of the new author. Both Eiji and the new guy are aiming to be the best in jump, so I'm curious as to whether Eiji might end one of the new guy's series if Eiji becomes #1. I don't like the new guy...too sneaky, but he will keep Bakuman very interesting.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Jan 29, 2011 6:05 PM

Jul 2010
As soon as the editor was gone I was like... oh crap. At least he's not permanently a keet. I would kill myself if I had to keep hearing him screech.

He had an excellent point about multiple opinions, and he does have a young editor but if you never give them a chance what could happen? I mean think of how trap would've ended up without Hattori's input. And if he needs normal opinions, maybe friends would help? Then again with THAT personality...
Jan 29, 2011 6:15 PM

May 2009
e.v.i.l >:D
Jan 29, 2011 6:24 PM

Feb 2010
I feel the changes become too predictable when the newbie editor left.
Jan 29, 2011 6:50 PM
Jan 2009
I figured that really excitable person couldn't have been the "real" him. It was too overtop. And, personally, if I ever met a person like that, I'd feel uncomfortable. Same thing goes for a person that's way, way too nice and considerate...it's just weird.

I like this arc though, this character's interesting :D
Jan 29, 2011 8:05 PM
Sep 2009
i just got little confused about SJ editors freaked out by his blog of his own manga scans in the public... like it's against the law? o.o? ^^;
Jan 29, 2011 8:26 PM

Feb 2010
It was because he submitted the entry he sent to the Treasure Contest
Jan 29, 2011 8:38 PM

Sep 2008
Pretty intense stuff; someone give that guy those helicopter headphones thing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2011 8:59 PM
Aug 2010
haha! as i thought, he's the calculating and manipulative type, and a good actor to boot. just like what i'd do to get what i want. this is gonna get more intense!
Jan 29, 2011 9:17 PM

May 2009
well he thought it out really well now he's probably going to end up in Shonen Jump as another enemy for Ashirogi and he has the same style too....lol One Piece and Fairy Tail xD looking forward to the next chapter.
Jan 29, 2011 10:39 PM

Sep 2009
awesome chap looking forward to see the next one
Jan 29, 2011 10:49 PM

Nov 2007
that editor is an idiot but .... this guy is good and definitely a worthy rival. what will they do ? his idea is interesting getting it read online.
Jan 30, 2011 1:46 AM

Mar 2010
Wow awesome chap, his behaviour was predictable but I didin't think He will meet Ashirogi so soon and reveal his true self to them XD I don't know yet if I like him or not. And as the others say HE remind me of Raito and wants to see his how Eijii gonna react :D
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Jan 30, 2011 2:00 AM

Feb 2010
finally i'm interest again in this manga after 20 chapter of crap and Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu = Shingeki no Kyojin lol which was turned down by jump and it is now the hottest piece of shit in the manga world epic referecne.
Jan 30, 2011 6:44 AM

Aug 2009
wow what shocked me was him telling his whole plan to Mashiro and Takagi, i wonder what was the new story that he wrote and made the editor in chief think it was good hmm..

oh well but this chapter was good and better than the chapters before this, now i'm wondering how long can he put up his act before the editors catches up to him

Jan 30, 2011 6:47 AM
Aug 2009
He is quite smart... but, still annoying.
And, I'm not sure, if he really can ask this 50 people about their ideas to improve his manga...

Still, it was good chapter, I wonder what will happen :3
Jan 30, 2011 7:15 AM

Jun 2009
Unless there's a clause that states that the mangaka is not allowed to submit or publish his submissions to the contest, publishing his works on the net shouldn't be a problem.

I'd say, scheming as it may be, whatever Nanamine is genius in terms of getting feedback towards serialization, but after your work gets serialized, the mangaka should be bound by contract not to do such a thing any more (cough scanlations cough, but then again, these are uploaded after the magazine is published).
Jan 30, 2011 9:53 AM

Jan 2009
Call me crazy, but I was pretty disappointed with this chapter. I had a feeling that they would have gone with this direction for Nanamine, but I was hoping that they would have kept him as the hyper young guy that was oblivious to the world. They turned him out to be a typical facade character with a scheme just to add another rival to Ashirogi Muto. The character seems a little cliche now instead of something fresh, exciting, and unique to the series.
"I don't want to live the dream because dreams always end when they get to the good part." - Sebastian Carmichael, A.R. Dragonfly
Jan 30, 2011 2:20 PM

Oct 2009
As Mashiro considers Eiji his rival...Takagi is probably going to take on Nanamine now.
Jan 30, 2011 4:16 PM

Aug 2008
Thought so.... and Takagi wasn't wrong too... He's the calculative type... and more worrisome is the fact that he wants to reach the top at all costs.... And doing such thing.... But one thing is certain.... He's evil and he's so as morally ambiguous as his manga.... He's a guy that should be properly taken care of... What I mean I'm pretty sure he's the type that could destroy other mangakas with his own mind games and ending up taking all their hopes and quit writing mangas....

I'm not really surprised with all the mess he provoked and the way he managed it... He's right when he says that the Editor he got is an idiot and when it comes to advices and the suchs it's better to have a wider pool of opinions and ideas like he did to write the new manga he wants to publish, but he's not really doing the things the way it should. Hmmm well maybe that means that he will be the catalyst for the Team Fukuda plans for a Revlution in Jump's mangas.... But hey he's a gooddamned great actor yo! xD

I still wonder what Eiji thinks about him....

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2011 4:49 PM

Oct 2007
systemkrash said:
I had a feeling that they would have gone with this direction for Nanamine, but I was hoping that they would have kept him as the hyper young guy that was oblivious to the world. They turned him out to be a typical facade character with a scheme just to add another rival to Ashirogi Muto. The character seems a little cliche now instead of something fresh, exciting, and unique to the series.

We already have the hyper young guy that is oblivious to the world, and he's called Nizuma Eiji. And he would've been Ashirogi Muto's rival regardless of his personality.

I think Nanamine is a breath of freash air to the manga, with his rebellious ways. And I don't expect him to be a completely evil character, because Bakuman tends to be a more realistic manga. Even Eiji has plenty of weaknesses.

I also expect that Nanamine will find an editor more helpful when he realizes that his 50 best commentators have 50 different opinions that might not even be suitable for Jump.
SakujoJan 30, 2011 4:58 PM
Jan 30, 2011 4:54 PM

Sep 2006
Nanamine's not totally wrong in getting reviewers, but he could have done so ethically by just doing a pre-release and getting loyal reviewers, instead of release a complete name on the web like that. He's smart but being a real jerk about it.

Bakuman needs more jerks since Iwase toned down and Aoi turned into a dere type from her original haughty-ness.
Jan 30, 2011 5:41 PM

May 2010
Concerning the chapter being published on his blog : I'm don't know much about Japan's law on property (who does ?) but I'm pretty sure that once he agreed to have his story possibly being published in Jump, they started sharing the intellectual property or something.
It's probably not a big deal when it's just a chapter that was refused, but since it could still have made its way in the pages of Jump here, things are a bit different I guess.

Anyway, the development was predictable, but such a character is interesting. Not really a "villain" since, well, unless he starts setting fire to Ashirogi Muto's studio, he really can't harm them directly, but a nice addition to the crew anyway. Pretty "Neutral Evil" version of the main characters.

It's pretty surprising to see so many people here supporting his "going on the web to get help" though. How can you tell that the people helping you are representative in any way of the majority, even if you ask 50 of them ? That's what editors are for. Hell, everyone here should agree that Hattori played a major role in Ashirogi Muto's success. Even if the "newbie editor" was not efficient in any way, Nanamine could just have used him the same way Eiji does, to get assistants and collect the chapters.
Jan 31, 2011 7:43 AM

Sep 2010
As I thought... LoL... Another rival but this time it's a manipulative type... >:)
Jan 31, 2011 9:04 AM

May 2009
Wow, he did not waste any time changing his attitude. I don't see myself liking Nanamine, but I love the way the story is going.

I'd love to see an Ashirogi divergent proper battle series, lol. XD Nah, I still like the morally ambiguous idea more. I hope it won't be too long before Takagi gets a new idea for a series.
Jan 31, 2011 9:34 AM

Mar 2009
I knew it.
He's still annoying me but it's good to see someone badass in Bakuman. It's gonna be tough. Watch out Ahisrogi !
Feb 1, 2011 9:29 PM

Jun 2010
well, i guess most of us readers would expect toru to be a schemer... someone who wrote a manga like that couldn't be so naive... that sly dog, he knows well that playing innocent is the best way to hide your true intentions...haha

now what i want to know is if this toru plans on really beating ashirogi using his methods OR like he'll be writing manga, but he'll just continue to be a fan, not necessarily intending or being hell-bent on beating them. why is he telling them about his lack of confidence in editors? is he challenging them? or he thinks they'll agree with his methods? (takagi is somewhat agreeing with him already. haha)

i guess this arc's main lesson, if there's going to be one, is about what's better between "getting an editor's opinion" and "getting opinions from various people" like what toru is doing. i'll just see how this is going to turn out in the end. but ultimately, i think "editors are still needed" will have to come out somewhere here. i mean, (the real-life) shounen jump won't allow this manga (bakuman. :D) to be published if it's gonna tell people that editors are useless to mangaka. so there's gotta be some kind of justification to actually having editors advise mangaka on what to write. nante ne. :P

definitely looking forward to the next chapters. this is such a great manga. i wish the anime was as well-made. (the anime is so shoujo-like in some parts it makes me wanna strangle the director.)

oh yeah, just a comment, toru paid no mind to the fact the ashirogi was a pair. he didn't know beforehand right?
Feb 1, 2011 10:17 PM

Jul 2009
O- Oh my gosh, I just fell in love.
From the facade to his true face, I was completely drawn in. It was such a stark contrast when he finally showed his personality to the one he had been putting on that my jaw dropped and I grinned. The whole chapter was executed well, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him. He's going to make an excellent rival!

I also want to see a cute scene with Aoki and Hiramaru. And eagerly awaiting the return of Shizuka.
Feb 1, 2011 10:18 PM

Aug 2010
Nanamine-kun is like the "Yagami Light" of Bakuman.

The Hiramaru part made my day~ :D I wanna see more of Kazuya-chan and Aoki-chan~

Damn! I'm dying for the next chapter!
Feb 2, 2011 11:40 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
kiyomigirl said:
wow what shocked me was him telling his whole plan to Mashiro and Takagi
Yeah, I was wondering why he "revealed" himself to them. How can he trust Ashirogi Muto to keep his secret? Or does he not expect them to and will drop the cheery act?

staticphrase said:
I also want to see a cute scene with Aoki and Hiramaru.
lol, yes that short snippet of the conversation with his editor was such a teaser.

My first reaction after reading this chapter: "Oh no he didn't."
I can't wait to see where this goes.
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 3, 2011 5:13 PM

Sep 2009
Shyster said:

Feb 3, 2011 10:06 PM
AhMeiZing #1000

Sep 2007
My god Deathnote just met bakuman and i smell come Gundam 00 and Code geass comin along aswell. what a twist i really thought this guy was just a super fan and that he was gonna be on them all day left and right asking about their manga style and learning about their manga style. but it was a twist. 7/5 i cant wait for the next one
-
Behold a work of art made in Paint on Windows XP in 2007

too lazy to update these
Feb 13, 2011 12:43 PM

Feb 2008
both the new guy's personalities are annoying, I hope we won't have to deal with him for long :/
Feb 14, 2011 3:01 AM

Oct 2008
What a cocky shifty little bastard. Lol.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 1, 2012 9:27 PM

Oct 2008
I knew there was something fishy about him! He has a point about the editor thing. Just look at what happened to Ashirogi for believing Miura too much. But I don't like the way he manipulates people like they're some chess pieces. Ashirogi gets what they want because they are very determined. This is a differrent kind of being calculative, plus an evil one at that. I hope he doesn't succeed. People who look down on others do not deserve success.
Sep 28, 2015 7:38 AM

May 2014
It's been a long time, but I wonder if Eiji still has a desire to end any series he doesn't like.
Perhaps he'll detest the methods of Nanamine and end him later on.
He's not quite No.1 though, is he?

Regardless this is looking to be some tough and exciting competition for Ashirogi.
Jul 3, 2016 10:42 PM

Jan 2016
His method of having a big group of good critics is a great idea tbh. Looking at his true nature, there is no question that this is the type of guy that'd write something like Classroom of Truth.
Jan 12, 2017 11:23 AM

Dec 2012
I hate people like this.
Going out of their way to say hey look at me im so cool but people don't know it.

If i had a publishing company i would say good for you advertising for yourself. but i wont take you.

IF you let one person complain online or another form of media trying to get attention and let it change your mind or the results everyone who doesn't make it and is unsatisfied will do the same thing.

And what if you do publish him but his series later on falls flat and ends up being the last on rating and you inform him that its going to end. you know what they will do. raise a shit storm like before and complain and cause more problems.

Even worse are people who then act like they have done nothing wrong after everything settles down.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.