Forum Settings
Forums

Comment on series rated 5 and below on the above users list

New
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2011 2:50 PM

Nov 2008
@burntlettuce:

Highschool of the Dead - I put on hold so I could get myself an uncensored version to watch. I don't expect anything other than fanservice and zombies, but I may watch it when I am especially bored and want something mindless.

Blood: The Last Vampire - You can see what I have to say on this by looking at my earlier posts. In short, good action = above 5/10 for me.

Canaan - I agree. I started pretty well, but it got contrived and kid of ridiculous by the end.

Azumanga Daioh: The Very Short Movie - No, it is not as good as the TV series, but it was made before it and covered some of the stuff that eventually made it into the TV version, so it wasn't THAT bad.

Digimon: Digital Monsters - Nostalgia mode. I thought it was pretty decent, but I'm using nostalgia, so no ratings here. This goes for Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, Digimon Adventure 02 and Dragon Ball Z (U.S.) as well.

Lucky ☆ Star - Yawn. I watched a few episodes. None of them were funny. I have seen some clips with supporting characters that were pretty funny, though.

K-ON! - Mindless moe. What else needs to be said?

Voices of a Distant Star - I'm not a person who thinks that Shinkai is god, but I do think a 5/10 is slightly harsh here. A 6 or 7 fits this anime just fine.

Cencoroll - It starts a potentially interesting story, and that's about it. Note that there is a sequel on the way, and how good I think Cenco is will depend a lot on the sequels it gets and their quality.

REC Special - Thanks for reminding me to knock this down to a 4 like you have. I think that REC is pretty good, but this extra episode just frustrated me to no end.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Mar 1, 2011 10:34 PM

Mar 2009
FOE-tan

Azumanga Web Daioh- Hm.. I don't remember anything about it and I rated it much lower than you

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: Christmas Special- It was pretty unimaginative and uncreative. Too bad since it had so much potential to be funny like the series

Canaan- The action was really good, mainly why I liked it.

Howl's Moving Castle- I can understand your score.. well I thought it was good but nothing much else to say

Mars of Destruction- Bad but it had some LOL moments

REC Special- I don't remember much about it but I liked it

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009)- Too bad about the endless 8, otherwise I would've rated it higher

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Kirameki Yoko Box - Pieces of Sweet Stars- It was quite short and nice for me. I enjoyed it
Mar 1, 2011 11:02 PM

Sep 2010
AlexSadist-sama

I'll just do a few

Busou Renkin - It's very average, I'm not sure why I gave it the rating I did.
Durarara!! - I don't remember anything about Durarara!! aside from the OPs and EDs that I like.
Fate/Stay Night - Shirou pissed me off so much in the beginning. I liked F/SN: Unlimited Blade Works A LOT more.
Fault!! - I gave it the same score :p
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - First season was a lot better.
Princess Lover - I have yet to finish this anime ._.
Mar 2, 2011 8:42 AM

Mar 2009
@Reversify
Pokemon-hehe, yeah, it's not a good series, but it is rather nostalgic for me. That said, the games totally own it.
Dragonball-This one is kinda fun for me, though I've not seen too much of it, but I do prefer it to DBZ
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz-yeah, the ending theme was pretty nice, but it sucked
Hamtaro-I think it's great for a kid's show, but yeah, doesn't offer much to older audiences

Seems I'm familiar with shockingly few of your 5- series
Mar 2, 2011 10:28 AM

Jun 2008
@ FallnKnightFakir

Digimon Tamers: Pretentious? lol. How, exactly?
Escaflowne: A 4 to the most beautiful mecha anime ever made? If you say so...
Princess Mononoke: Not a fan of Miyazaki either, but this is my favorite movie by him so far.
Lain: I kinda liked it, but I can see why someone wouldn't like it.
Howl's Moving Castle: It doesn't deserve a 3 imo, but it surely isn't my favorite Ghibli movie.
Mars Of Destruction: So bad it's epic. I gave it a 4.
Evangelion: A 2? Well, this is a series you'll either love or hate, I guess.
Grave Of The Fireflies: Once again, your vote is abit too harsh, but I also hate this movie a lot.
Jigoku Shoujo: No comments + a rating of 5? Looks like this anime was absolutely forgettable and average to you.
Kodomo No Omocha: We have opposite opinions here. I thought the manga was awful, but I loved the anime.
Excel Saga: Oh, I love how the greatest comedy/parody anime ever made always gets so much pointless hate, while everyone's crazy for that Lucky Star crap. /sarcasm

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Mar 2, 2011 11:08 AM
Feb 2011
@RenaPsychoKiller

Chrno Crusade - even 5 is to much for this in my opinion.
Kuroshitsuji - although I gave this a 6, a 5 is quite good to describe what kind this anime is.
Naruto - well yeah, it's quite bad after the main story ~140 ep I think, but for a shounen I think it deserves a little bit more than a 4.
Gantz - only 4 ? Well I see why people might dislike this show.
Mars of Destruction - it was so bad that it made me laugh quite hard for the most part of it.
Claymore - well the ending was bad, but everything until the last episode was awesome.
ChäoS;HEAd - I think if I would re-watch this now, I would also give it a similar score.
School Days - 2. Well I see why it's only a 2, but still even though it was bad it was also awesome.
Naruto: Shippuuden - 5, well yeah, this already has become quite an average shounen.
Kanokon - well since to me this is a pure ecchi show for fanservice, I think it definitely deserves more than 4. But then again from another point of view a 4 is enough for this.
FLCL - also gave this a 4.
Yumeria - it's on your PTW list, but has a 5. A 5 is just too much for this.
Mar 2, 2011 11:26 AM

Jan 2009
@RenaPsychoKiller

It's interesting we have some similar taste and some very different one's at the same time.

Michiko to Hatchin - I can understand why people get annoyed by this series, but I thought it was really well done, really focusing on the relationship between the two leads.

5 Centimeters per Second - I understand that Shinkai stuff becomes old fast and it does have a fair amount of angst to it, but I still feel that the overall story to it is good with a pretty well constructed ending.

Akira - I don't really understand this...

ChäoS;HEAd - I am very pleased with the fact that this was a 3, although a lower score might be more deserving of this anime.

Azumanga Daioh - One of the funniest shows that I have seen to this day and you rated it a 3, makes me a very sad man.
Mar 5, 2011 1:47 AM

Jun 2008
@ Nigatsu (since you've been skipped)

Akikan: I love it. D: Also, wtf, you liked the OAV more than the anime itself?
Golden Boy: One of the funniest, stupidest, and most perverted comedies ever.
Maria Holic: You gave it a 5, and yet you're planning to watch the second season?
Sweat Punch: 5 means average, and this collection is not average at all. It's pretty unique and bizzarre. Either a 4 or a 6 would be more fitting votes, imo. Anyway, Kigeki was the only actual beautiful segment for me.
Black Lagoon Omake: Oh no, they're fucking hilarious (I haven't watched them in their animated version, but I've seen them in the manga, epic extras are epic desu).
Chrono Crusade: Regarding the enjoyment level, it's a 4 for me as well. But as an anime overall, it's the definition of average.
Demonbane: Yeah, it's a mediocre aime indeed, but it wasn't so bad to watch. Same goes for the OAV, which you liked even less.
Devil May Cry: Completely average but highly enjoyable anime for me.
Girls Bravo: Do not want. I've read some of the manga, and it was more than enough. Worst ecchi series ever made.
Higurashi Rei: Oh my Kira, is it so bad, I wonder?
Passion: You're not a Hikaru Utada fan, are you? Me neither, but this song is not bad at all, and the video is beautiful.
Gintama: Glad to see someone else who doesn't consider this overrated anime a masterpiece comedy at all.
Get Backers: I enjoy this anime, but yeah. Super powers clichès + shounen-ai hints + bishounen. I can see why a guy wouldn't like it.
FLCL: Why was it created? Seriously. Gainax's biggest disgrace.
Chobits: I've read all the manga, and it made me sick. Clamp's biggest disgrace.
Reborn: I've watched more or less 20 episodes, just like you. Nothing special so far. A few decent characters. Will it ever get better? I don't know.

@ burntlettuce

Love Hina: How did you manage to finish this ecchi crap? That aside, 5 is the vote it deserves.
Dragon Ball: Worst shounen ever. Should have an ever lower rating imo.
Full Metal Panic: The first series was nothing great, compared to the other two, but I've rated it a little higher than you.
Digimon: Booo, I'm a die hard Digimon fan since ages.
Yu-Gi-Oh: Double Booo. One of the greatest shounen series ever made, for me at least.
Lucky Star: Epic fail desu.
KON: Is also fail, but not as bad as Lucky Shit.
Blood The Last Vampire: Nothing special, yes. The manga was even worse. I adore the anime, though.
School Days: I hated it even more than you.
Hellsing: It didn't seem so dreadful to me, but I've watched the first episode only.
Cencoroll: yay, nice to see someone else who's not a fan of Cencocrap.
Elfen Lied OAV: Poor thing, it wasn't that bad, lol.
Quiz Magic Academy: Once again, I liked it more than you, though I do admit that it's absolutely average (but still enjoyable).
Chaos Head: We despise this garbage more or less the same.
Trinity Blood: Looks like you haven't been liking this anime as much as me. It's similar to Chrono Crusade, but better, imo.
Bleach: You've watched more episodes than me. I don't feel like giving it a 5 yet. There are worse shounen series around...
...such as Naruto. Woah, you really hate this, don't you.

Mar 5, 2011 3:35 AM

Dec 2010
@RenaPsychoKiller
--Pokemon: The First Movie-hm...yeah..i guess the movie was okay.
--Naruto-this show I just cannot take it seriously.
--Fullmetal Alchemist-From the few clips I've seen of this shounen it looks like overhyped, superficial, melodramatic, and cheesy stuff... I'll watch FMA brotherhood instead of FMA, but my expectation for it isn't high.
--Phantom: The Animation-the series wasn't good enough for me so I won't be watching this OVA.
---ChäoS;HEAd-I think most people would agree this fails as an anime adaptation. I didn't complete this show like you. Hopefully Steins Gate will be better.
--Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within-lol, this movie made use of the FF title alone.
--Pokemon-How and why Ash keeps wining pokemon battles pisses me off. Pokemon is damn misleading to give kids bad ideas about a noob like Ash to all of a sudden beat a lot of people in battles. I would like Pokemon a little more if I see Ash lose battles.
--School Days- some people like this just for the ending alone, but that's not enough for you or me. There weren't any likable characters, and I felt like staring at a wall watching this show. I skipped to the last episodes to just see the ending. Was "meh" because characters sucked anyway. I hate girls who fall for obviously stupid guys with no redeeming potential.
--Dragon Ball GT--the animation quality of DBZ> DB gt. I've seen enough of DBZ and since gt seems to be of lower quality I skipped to the very last episode just to see how the franchise ends. The anime conclusion was alright.
--Dragon Ball--Interesting...I've only seen 1 episode of DB, I often read that DB>DBZ.
--Ikkitousen--The only reason I didn't like the mindless ecchi is because I don't like the characters. The main guy looks like a wimp, and the girl looks stupid.
--Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood- what I said about FMA from above...
--Hokuto no Ken-Even though I've only seen 6 episodes this as a series seems just way too long. It looks like it could really, really, get repetitive too, besides the shirt ripping reusing animation scenes...The formula is always simple and repetitive, Kenshiro shows up and says funny stuff, bad guy loses. If Ken is less powerful, and there were formidable enemies for him to face this anime would interest me with it's apocalyptic world.
--Dragon Ball Z (Original)--I personally think the dbz franchise>naruto though...Naruto has what's bad about dbz, and more.
Mar 5, 2011 4:20 AM

Jun 2008
@ br87mal

Fruits Basket: Haven't watched/read it yet, and I probably never will, as it looks like the usual cliché romantic comedy with an irritating Mary-Sue female protagonist (+ reverse harem).
Grave Of The Fireflies: I didn't like this movie neither, it's way too overrated.
Devilman Lady: I've watched the first episode some years ago. Seemed nothing great, but at least better than the original horrid Devilman series.
Mai Hime: Why did you put Shoujo as a tag? Mai Hime's a shounen. I've read only the manga so far (which is the typical pseudo-harem, action-filled shounen), and I've heard that the anime is much better.
Karekano: I think this is easily one of the best shoujo series around. Too bad the anime's second half was ruined by Gainax's change of direction (no more Hideaki Anno).
Dragon Ball: Too long, too cliché, too ugly, too overrated, etc.
Yamibou: You didn't enjoy the pretty girls yuri fanservice? A silly anime for sure, but it's short, shiny and likeable for me.
School Days: Orrible, painful and irritating beyond words.
Kimiaru: I've watched very few episodes of it, and yes, it seems the definition of average harem anime. I like Shinra, though.
Pokemon: Stupid happy-go-lucky boy keeps his animals in a ball and sets them free only for brutal fights. Diseducational anime much?
Chaos Head: So much fail. We both hate this crap for sure.
Naruto: I wouldn't gave it a 2, but it's very bad and repeatitive indeed. Dragon Ball is worse, though.
Yu-Gi-Oh: No way. I love it. One of my favorite shounen series. Why did you tag it Comedy? There aren't many funny moments in YGO (one of the reasons why I like it), it's pretty serious for the most part.
Girls Bravo: Stay away from me, ecchi disgrace.

Mar 5, 2011 2:23 PM
Oct 2009
@RenaPsychoKiller

5 Centimeters per Second - I as well didn't find that anime very impressive. I don't hate it, but I feel it's very boring.
Azumanga Daioh - This happens to be a favorite anime of mine. I suppose someone wouldn't like it for its somewhat cliche characters, or maybe because of its all female cast (excluding Kimura), but I find it very cute and funny. ^-^
Clamp in Wonderland - I love CLAMP'S works, but I found this music video to be very dumb :P
Clamp in Wonderland 2 - Same as above ^
Fullmetal Alchemist - Tons of people LOVE this show, but I didn't find it exceptionally great or awesome, but I didn't dislike it. I suppose it's cliche shounen aspects are what tones it down.
Kuroshitsuji - I felt as though the anime ruined the story. It's just so...I don't know..just kind of dumb. Plus, I hate the art in it.
Kuroshitsuji Special - I actually found this pretty funny. XD But it wasn't that original and kinda stupid.
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland - I found this OVA to be not that bad actually. A little weird and yuri-ish, but not awful. It sort of gave me the creeps considering that its a lustful version Alice in Wonderland.
Pokemon - Too long! When are they ever going to end this series?! I consider it a classic though.
Pokemon Advanced - Nowhere near as good as Pokemon. Bring Misty/Kasumi back!
Pokemon the First Movie - I used to love this movie as a kid, and now it's just...blah.
Rozen Maiden Detective Kun-Kun - It was cute, but retarded.
Tokyo Mew Mew - Too many bright colors, and way too generic shoujo. Plus, the whole magical animal girl thing idea is just kind of dumb. I gave it a fair score though.
K-ON! - It's cute, it's moe, but it's not that original. I like it though. You should finish it (the second season is way better than the first, I must say though)
Hamtaro - I loved it as a kid. I haven't watched it recently though, so I can't really say...
Lucky Star - It's a great, funny, and amusing slice of life. The first episode doesn't show you any of the glory of the series, so I'm sure your opinion of it may change if you finish it.
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl - I know, it's awful. I hate it too.
Yugioh GX - The original Yugioh! series is better. I know.
Itsudatte My Santa - It sucks. The one-shot is so much better.
Mar 9, 2011 10:58 AM

Jun 2008
@ B-chan911

Finishing Lucky Star & Kon? Hahaha no. Never. Not in this life. I'd rather be tortured in Hostel than getting through another episode of that moe shit.

Chibits: I suppose this is as retarded as the anime/manga itself. Clamp sure make some stupid stuff at times.
Clamp In Wonderland: As you said, it's nothing amazing. Why did I ever buy it? What a waste of money.
Itsudatte My Santa: As idiotic as every other Ken Akamatsu work. You say that the one shot is better, but I have no intention of reading it.
DearS: Why do you watch all these pointless specials if you're going to rate them all 5, I wonder? That aside, DearS is the worst Peach Pit series.
DNAngel: The definition of average. I only read it for Satoshi. I hope the manga ends soon. The anime looks even worse.

You have lots of stuff On Hold which I'd like to comment on, but you didn't give them any vote.
Anyway, Death Note, Trigun, Yu Yu, Doremi & Digimon all deserve to be completed, imo. The reast are crap.

Mar 9, 2011 3:42 PM

Mar 2009
@RenaPsychoKiller

Princess Princess-my friend adores the manga for this but it was uuuugh for me too, what little I saw/read

Chrono Crusade-sure, most anti-climatic final boss fight EVER, but I thought it was alright for the most part. Wait, Azmaria, she sucked

Pokemon the first Movie-gotta love the nostalgia of it!

Captain Tylor-I liked this one as a perfect 90s relic of fun space adventure!

Area 88 OVA-I thought this one was great, never bothered with the TV series since the OVA was damn good.

FMA 1-I liked this but no, it's not godly.

Urusei Yatsura-I've seen a few eps, I can see this being fun for a while, but not the entire thing. And it's no Maison Ikkoku

Akira-yeah, overrated, I actually think the manga is even worse

Mars of Destruction-hehe, classic bad

Tokyo Mew Mew-well I know it's a pretty bad manga at least

Dragon Ball-man, that's a fun show! Maybe a bit long, but fun!

Gilgamesh-trust me, it only gets worse. I actually rated this one a 1. The first 5 eps were the least bad part of the series.

Petshop of Horrors-I wish they'd made more, what they adapted they did pretty well though

Astro Boy 1980-if you saw the dub, it's terrible. In sub, it's a decent kids show though
Mar 9, 2011 11:14 PM

Dec 2010
@FallnKnightFakir
--Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo- Good romance movie with a horrible time traveling plot. Now the title states clearly it is a time traveling movie, but if this movie omits everything about time traveling I would have given it a higher score. The time traveling plot seems almost pointless and stupid. Everything else is good enough so I gave it a 6/10.

-Kara no Kyoukai 1: Fukan Fuukei- I think this series of movies is kind of well done in terms of like art quality/story telling/etc...but if you find it to be average at 5 I don't think your opinion of it will change much. I gave all of these movies a 7.

-Mobile Suit Gundam Wing-I've seen a little bit of this a long time ago, and a lot of mech anime's are just ridiculous. (take out the mechs and the anime is the same, sometimes the anime will even be better without it).

Big O is an example of an anime I want to be without it's genre of being mech and shounen...

Princess Mononoke-lol preachy? I see your point but it was kind of well done though.

Serial Experiments Lain-Lain's attitude is kind of boring but otherwise I liked a lot of it's concept. I think I would have given this a low score if I didn't finish it, but a lot makes sense at the end so I liked it. This anime is almost like Ghost in the Shell, but I liked this better though. Ultimately without saying much I can see why others won't like this anime. I liked the sci fi, drama, super natural, but not so much the dementia, psychological, and dementia aspects of it.

-Whisper of the Heart-I've watched 45 mins of this movie and have it on hold. It's very slow, and at the moment I have it as rated 6/10.

-Spirited Away,Howl's Moving Castle-I guess anything you don't like is considered garbage. Both are decent children fantasy movies...

-Neon Genesis Evangelion- I've said this before but...your rating of Raxephon and NGE are too far apart as they are pretty much the same thing. Similar characters in each anime, similar events, and similar concepts. The main guy in Raxephon is still a wimp too, only slightly less so. The only improvement I see in Raxephon is that it didn't run out of budget to make the last of it's episodes(I prefer the Eva movie instead of the last episodes). I'm not impress and bored at Rahxephon because it comes about 5 years after Eva. Both anime's have wiki's for it, but for me Eva was easier to understand.

some thoughts and questions about raxephon are
-who are the Mu people. Guess this really isn't important but I want to know why they sat about a 1000 years on their asses waiting for somebody like the main character to show up.
-the arbitrary nature of piloting raxephon as a 17 years old wasn't really explain which is a huge disappointment and cheap way of saying "okay let's have a young boy as the main character to pilot this mech, and make it impossible for everyone else to pilot it."
-why weren't capable pilots of Raxephon cloned if there is so few who could pilot it, why aren't raxephons mass produce like Evangelion Units are?

-Mars of Destruction-yeah...haven't watch this and probably won't because it seems to have universal hate for it.

-Higashi no Eden-If rated with the rest of the movies I agree with a score of 2, but I thought the series itself was average at a score of like 5. I agree "good ideas executed horribly." Shit got so stupid as soon as the anime started depending on supernatural elements(which starts exactly at the hotel scene). The movie are worst compared to the series.

-Grave of the Fireflies-Eh....I wouldn't rate this as one of the worst thing I've ever seen as I gave it an average score. It was kind of nicely done, but it's overall message was pointless. It's like watching a movie about somebody who drove a car head on towards a brick wall. The anime is suppose to mirror closely it's creator's experiences but damn as a movie insert some life lesson I can learn in there or something. Definitely a pointless anime that I do agree is overrated.

-Pokemon-what I said to RenaPsychoKiller. We see Ash barely train his pokemons, and he wins battles against trainers who train like crazy. ^^

-Bakemonogatari-(very)advance anime not meant for noobs like me or u. It's almost like Panty and Stocking, there is a shit load of stuff I know I missed because I don't know enough when watching Bakemono...for example the scene with the main guy talking to the cat girl and she asked something like "so is this what they mean that a cat is fine too?" is a joke I didn't understand until I saw a random post relating to this particular scene and went to google it up. I think even if I did catch all the jokes or something, I wouldn't have rated it so high either. They say the good stuff is suppose to be in the dialogues, but I don't get a lot of it. Somebody should make a wiki to explain everything for this anime haha :(
Mar 10, 2011 6:01 AM

Sep 2009
@br87mal

An MM! fan, eh? Nice! ^_^

Fruits Basket - I am so mad at this anime...the brilliant manga deserved a better adaptation than this...

Kare Kano - You gotta finish this...this is how you do a high school romcom. With originality, gut-busting humor, and lots of depth.

Strawberry Panic - I couldn't agree with you more about this. They at least needed to make their characters somewhat interesting, or maybe have something happen if they wanted to hold my interest for an entire 26 episodes.

Arakawa Under the Bridge - This is one of my alltime favorites. This is a brilliant comedy. If I were you, I'd give it another go.

Chaos;Head - The bain of my existance. I hate this thing with (almost) every fiber in my being. I just hope that Steins;Gate will be better than this. Maybe they'll make good use of the wonderful idea that Chaos;Head failed to execute.

Clannad - I understand. It's not for everyone. But it does get much better.
Mar 10, 2011 1:38 PM

Feb 2011
@manami-chan669

you didnt rate alot of you animes, and of the ones you rated with 5 or less I´ve only watched ChäoS;HEAd
so...

ChäoS;HEAd: I think it was ok, not good, but meh, I dont regret watching it. I dont understand why you rated it 3 if you hate it so much.
Mar 10, 2011 8:48 PM

Jul 2008
@manami-chan669

Not that much to comment, but I'll try to comment on the ones that I've at least seen parts of or all of it.

Chaos; Head: Yes. I can see why you would hate this. I gave it a six, for a slightly above average score. I felt that it hooked me with the first couple episodes, but the ending was a total disaster. Though I wish I was super special. (Love the ED song.)

Kobato: Oh dear. Good thing you dropped this. It was mostly like 3/4 filler and the only redeeming thing about this show was the last two episodes. I don't get why it's rated so high on MAL though. :|

Otome Youkai Zakuro: It's a very average romance comedy, but I liked it. I felt that it didn't stray far from the romcom formula, but it was still a good show. It gets a seven from me and that's good, but not amazingly good.

Full Moon: I loveeee this series. Though now that it's almost a decade since it aired. It probably has so many flaws and cliches. I watched this a long time ago, so it's weird to comment on this show again.

Whatttt. You're so close to finishing Special A, but you dropped it. I loveed that series, so yeahhh. :D
Mar 14, 2011 10:33 PM

Sep 2010
@shuffleair

I'll do a few, I don't feel like doing too many.

Asobi ni Iku Yo - Bad indeed.
DearS - I completely understand your rating.
Full Metal Panic!: TSR - You didn't even watch the first season -_-
Mar 15, 2011 2:21 PM

Mar 2009
@Reversify
Digimon 02-I actually quite liked this one, barring the epilogue of course for being wtf? But it overall kept me very entertained and waiting to see what would happen next

Digimon Digital Monsters-also liked this one, though nostalgia is a huge factor. I could see any Digimon series being totally average to anyone with no nostalgia for it.

Tenchi Universe-pretty sure this does not involve Tokyo. Anyway, I remembered liking what I saw way back when but that was only on TV.

Hamtaro-I think this was the first "slice of life" I'd ever seen, I was rather amazed by the lack of a central villain or anything. Still think it's a fine kids show, but no, it doesn't offer much to older audiences

Paranoia Agent-wah? You dropped this? I think this is a series that I only really fully appreciated once it had all ended, but I still loved the singular episodes and the theme of it. I think you should maybe try to watch it all the way through, you're really missing out on something great.
Mar 15, 2011 3:59 PM

Feb 2011
Alien Nine - I actually enjoyed Alien Nine. Your score made me wonder if you were influenced by the generally unappealing artwork, but it's so low that the plot mustn't have done anything for you either. C: I found it strangely gripping, personally, particularly the latter half~

Code Geass - This is one anime where I can understand people disliking it, despite my fondness of it. People might say it's melodramatic, but I'm not sure what your reasons are. 5 isn't so harsh, either. c:

Digimon Tamers- I can't really give too legitimate a response to this since I was so young when I enjoyed it, but I will say that I thought it was weaker than its two predecessors. At the same time I think it was the last "good" digimon season. |D

Grave of the Fireflies - This is definitely an unusual opinion. I'm curious to know your reasoning.

Higashi no Eden - I didn't rate as harshly/bravely as you did, but I too felt underwhelmed, especially in the second half. It just went continuously downhill for me, which was unfortunate; I had pretty high expectations. :C

Howl's Moving Castle - I didn't enjoy this as much as most people seemed to either.

Mars of Destruction - YOU ARE TOO GENEROUS.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - This rating is the only one that "hurt me", if you will~ ; _ ; I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it.

/wall.
Mar 15, 2011 4:57 PM

Mar 2009
@otouto
Grave of the Fireflies, I didn't much appreciate the incredibly stupid boy or the attempts to force emotions on me, it totally failed and came off as pathetically hilarious instead to me.

Sadly, your list is private, I can guess some of your favorites (I wish more people knew about Eternal Sabbath, great manga criminally underead), but not some of your 5 belows.

Seems you were underwhelmed by Higashi no Eden too, glad I'm not the only one, though I am the only person I've seen so far to give it that low a score (I'd describe it as "ballsy", yeah, I thought HnE was really bad).
Mar 16, 2011 3:38 AM

Oct 2010
Oh sir... you are definitely one of a kind.

Eiken - Ok, at least we agree on something :p.

Grave Of The Fireflies - I think it's the best animated movie I have ever seen, so you know...

Howl's Moving Castle - I'd kind of agree with you as it is my least favorite Miyazaki movie, and agree it's overrated, but then again what for me is an isolated case for you seems to be the norm in the author's work. I see where the Spirited Away comparison comes from (basically, Miyazaki tries similar concepts in both), but in terms of quality they are miles away.

Kiki's Delivery Service - I liked it, definitely not one of the best but still have it in better consideration. Can see you not enjoying it too much.

Mars Of Destruction - You are way too generous. And I LOLed too.

Princess Mononoke - Yes it's preachy. But as a film experience, it's a very powerful one, and I can't help but love it. One of my favorites from Miyazaki, and that's saying a lot from ME :p.

Spirited Away - Uh, don't know. Then again, you seem to take the role of my bloody Ghibli nemesis and then again I can just only get to an epic disagreement. At least we'll always have Princess Tutu.

Whisper Of The Heart - I've already read it's boring, even by some Ghibli fans. Can't say I agree, but I understand where this complaint comes from as the movie uses realistic locations and characters and a very mundane plot... But it has that Ghibli sensitivity that in your case gets lost in translation, and has become one of my most loved movies ever made.

Wow, that was hard, sir :p. I'm not commenting on shit at my Plan to Watch list (Evangelion, Excel Saga, Lain...) I still don't know whether I'll like or not. But I do expect to disagree with you again, no offence.
Mar 16, 2011 10:00 AM

Jun 2008
@ jal90

You don't have many low ratings.

Gedo Senki: I didn't enjoy very much, either. Uninteresting, weird, forgettable Ghibli movie.
Mars Of Destruction: Yes, it's a delighful and hilarious piece of crap indeed. I gave it a 4.
Captain Tsubasa: I also hated and dropped this retarded soccer shit.
Battle Angel Alita: Ara ara, is it that bad? I plan to watch it someday.
Eiken: I'm pretty sure I'll never watch this thing in my whole life.

Mar 29, 2011 8:27 AM

Sep 2010
@ Rena: Geez you sure watched alot and rated tons of them 5 and under so I'll just pick a couple.

5 Centimeters per Second: I personally loved it especially the art, but I can see how someone might not have found it enjoyable.

Ayashi no Ceres: I loved this series to death, but it probably was boring for ya wasn't it?? Or is it you read the manga and found it more enjoyable??

Chrono Crusade: was decent, but boring at some parts so I can see where the 5 came from. Plus I heard the manga was better.

Final Fantasy: Spirits Within: I agree I wasted I think $7~$15 dollars on it and as I watched it I was like wtf is this shit and I was like 12 or 13 at the time.

Gantz Second Stage: The filler ending sucked so I agree with the 4 the manga is way better.

Naruto: At least you finished it couldn't get past episode 20 xD

School Days: Watched the first episode, yawned, then skipped to the last and laughed my ass off.

Tokyo Mew Mew: My god the show was just Dx the only characters I could stand were Deep Blue, Ichigo's parents, Zakuro, and Kisshu. The rest of the characters didn't appeal to me that much.

Tsubasa Chronicles: Tori Kago............: I gave it a 4 cause I thought it sucked compared to over half of the TV series and OVAs
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 29, 2011 8:38 AM

Jun 2009
@Roloko

Naruto - Same here, started watching it to see what all the fuss was about back in the early 2000's, never got into it. Would much rather watch One Piece, Dragonball or even dare I say, Bleach.

Final Fantasty - Spirits within, while I dont hate it like many people do, it wasn't very good thats for sure.

Clannad movie - Oh please, of course its no where near the quality of the Tv show but as a standalone movie its pretty good.

Kuroshitsuji II - Only watched first season, never watched second BECAUSE of what I heard about the second.

_Summer - It wasn't....too bad..I guess yeah, it wasn't that good.
Mar 29, 2011 9:21 AM

Nov 2008
@Jrittmayer:

Mars of Destruction: Enough said.

Panty & Stocking: You either love it or you hate it. It's pretty obvious which camp you fall into. It's not my thing either, so I dropped it after ep 1. The soundtrack is cool though and would probably save it from a 1/10 by itself.

Kuuchu Buranko: No love for this? OK, I admit. It started pretty poorly. But it only got better as it went on and the last 2 episodes were great.

_Summer: Basically what you said about it. It wasn't too bad for a 2 ep VN adaptation, but the sentimentalism went overboard here.

Saraiya Goyou: Let me guess, you thought this was boring, didn't you? It probably is, but I like it anyway. I'm just waiting to get into a mood where I have enough patience to finish it, then I will, and I'm sure I will enjoy every moment of it too as I like the characters and atmosphere that this show has. PS. I like the art too, but I know that it is probably a love or hate thing.
[
Mar 29, 2011 10:09 AM

Apr 2010
@ FOE-tan

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu(2009) - You have taste. I'm proud of you sir. I honestly have no idea why so many people think this show is the best thing ever. I forced myself to watch it hoping it would get amazing but it obviously never did. This season is noticeably worst than the previous one and the movie however, but thats pretty obvious eh?

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: Christmas Special- I'm guessing you saw this before the actual series aired where it made no sense. If not, it wasn't a great special so I can understand a 5.
ClousMar 29, 2011 10:12 AM
Mar 29, 2011 10:19 AM

Oct 2007
@ Clous

What didn't you like about Clannad? I don't think its as good as everyone harps on about, but I don't quite understand why you gave it such a low rating.

As for Kiss x Sis and NGE I completely understand; Kiss x Sis is purely fapping material and NGE gives depression a bad name.
Mar 29, 2011 11:29 AM

Nov 2010
Wonderful list background, on to the shows!

Akikan:I have a weird soft spot for this anime but yeah it's pretty bad. The main guy cracks me up though.

Bakuten Shoot Beyblade:Ah so that's the full official name for Beyblade. I enjoyed the show a lot as a kid, think I first saw it in a hotel room. I still love the theme song and getting out my tops occasionally.

Countdown to Delight:Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, this title is almost as great as the Mystery of the Necronomicon

Houkago no Pleiades:Hey same score. *high five* Ideal score for the short.

Kiss x Sis:Well I found some comedy in the show. A teacher masturbating in some dude's sweats is mildly disturbing but hilarious to me.

Mahou Sensei Negima!: Wasn't as fun as Negima!?

Papa to Kiss in the Dark:When I stumbled upon this title on here I gagged a little.

Pervs on a Train:Greatest title for a hentai ever(if we're being straightforward about it).

Sailor Moon:I enjoy Sailor Moon a lot, in fact it was one of the four animes that helped me get into anime seriously in the last six-seven months. I understand not digging it a lot. Your high school of Sailor Stars make me eager to get to the other Sailor Moon seasons in the summer.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu:I enjoyed season two although the Endless Eight was annoying.

Spice and Wolf II OVA:I know you didn't rate it poorly, but why watch this before the first season of Spice and Wolf?
Looking at posts on the Internet wouldn't bother me so much if people didn't also mix up he and she.
Mar 29, 2011 12:14 PM

Apr 2010
@ Kurommi

The first season was basically slice of life. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing when it has interesting characters and humor to crutch back on. Clannads character are boring and plain with the exception of a select few which make it hard to justify continued viewing. Sunohara was pretty much the only thing that kept me going for the most part.

When I started to somewhat enjoy the show with the fuuko arc, they
I'd assume they actually go somewhere with this later in AS, but after dragging my feet through 30 episodes of it I just really have no motivation to finish it. Which is surprising since I adore the genre and key works in general.

@ Jukeboxhero

Girls Bravo and Ladies vs butlers are pretty self explanatory. Shit story smothered with mindless fanservice. School days also takes a unique mind set to enjoy so I can't even hate. I found the series funny as it was absolutely nothing like I thought it would be.
Mar 29, 2011 1:09 PM

Sep 2009
@Clous:

Clannad: The humor and drama isn't for everybody. Those who like it will probably love the show, and since you didn't, it doesn't surprise me that it gets a low score.

Mayoi Neko Overrun: Fanservice and moe. What else is there to say?

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Opinions divide over this a lot. I'll withhold my judgment until I've seen the whole thing for myself.
Mar 29, 2011 2:38 PM

Dec 2010
@PseudoJordan

>Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - no idea why you gave this a 1.
>Black★Rock Shooter- meh...I thought the story was pretty simple. It delivered more than I expected for a 40+ min OVA so I gave a higher score.
>Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009- glad I did not have to watch the whole endless eight as I watch season 1 and 2 like 5 months ago. I did managed to watch like 6 episodes of the EE episodes though.

>ef - a tale of melodies. I'm still watching this, on episode 2 right now.The first season was definitely better than Clannad/kanon IMO, and you gave Clannad/kanon higher scores so I don't think i'll rate this as low when I complete it.
>Mars of Destruction- this was better than I expected from all the "its the worst" crap that it receives.
>Dragon Ball GT- what you commented by tagging, is true for the GT. You might already know but i'll say it anyways, DBZ was suppose to end earlier than the Buu saga.

>Naruto- I am always amaze 100+ episodes can pass and not much happens at all...
Mar 29, 2011 3:45 PM

Nov 2008
Gurren Lagann - Just like it and stop being a hater ^_-

TTGL: Parallel Works - Reused the soundtrack from the show = Lame ^_-

Golden Boy - I thought it was pretty good (being it was my first eechi series) , but in hindsight, it probably is kinda dumb.

Air Gear - Rat shit.

Chaos Head - Heard it was bad; looks like it's bad.
Mar 29, 2011 3:57 PM

Dec 2010
@YankeeChan

Golden Boy 2-it's not a hentai, it's still perfectly qualifies as ecchi IMO. I can understand your low score though as I think it really is for a male audience.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 5- why drills you wondered? I thought it was pretty obvious with the theme of the spirals vs anti spirals.

I don't want to write more but there is some stuff you could read about TTGL on the net which analyzes TTGL on a serious level. I would like TTGL more if it was just a bit more serious.

Cowboy Bebop-well 2 episodes in you aren't expected to understand a lot. I didn't start to like this show until I learn more of the characters, and their past which doesn't happen until like episodes 10++.

Response to your post:
Clannad- Somebody should just tell that comedy relief guy to jump of a high building and die. It's also too bad that day dreaming girl didn't die in a building fire while day dream. Those two scenes would have been great drama right there. Fail/lame/childish comedy, cliche, and just plain boring.

Naruto- well 30 episodes isn't enough for you I guess. I've seen about 120 episodes, right up til Sasuke leaves the village after he fights with Naruto. I would give Naruto a score of maybe 6-8 a few years ago but I always adjust my scores. It really is that bad.

School days- I'm amaze you can sit through this show.

@FoxyRoxy
Hum...so many 5's and below but I don't know many of it.

>Naruto -agreed..
>Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai -A mix opinion anime.
>Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou - started off great then went downhill. I gave it a 6 though.
>Ghost in the Shell-I thought it was an okay movie. Not sure why you dislike the movie but like the series. I will watch the series someday.
>Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion- a fantastic ending. I love the massive orange goo death scene. Preferred this over the series ending too...
>Black★Rock Shooter- Too low of a score IMO.
>Kimi ni Todoke- I have this on hold because I don't like the art much...
>Seikon no Qwaser-It definitely could have been better.
>IS: Infinite Stratos-I also dropped this. Agreed.
>Koe de Oshigoto!- I love ecchi, doesn't bother me. I'm also amaze it took this long for an anime like this to come out....
>Freezing- What the heck is that dude attempts to touch the so called untouchable girl? Humm... it is bad. :)

Mika_InamoriMar 29, 2011 4:11 PM
Mar 29, 2011 3:59 PM

Oct 2009
FoxyRoxy, you have alone around 68 5's rated, and that's not counting the 1's, 2's, 3's, and 4's. You're crazy if you think anyone's gonna do you! (btw, don't mind me)

Mar 29, 2011 4:19 PM

Nov 2008
lucjan said:
FoxyRoxy, you have alone around 68 5's rated, and that's not counting the 1's, 2's, 3's, and 4's. You're crazy if you think anyone's gonna do you! (btw, don't mind me)

Just do what you can.
Mar 29, 2011 4:48 PM

Nov 2008
YankeeChan said:
About your response:
Opinions differ. Deal with it. TTGL is simply not enjoyable for me, I had to put on "pause" every 5mins as I couldn't bear to watch one full episode in one go.

Whatever.
Mar 29, 2011 6:52 PM

Feb 2010
@FoxyRoxy

Kuroshitsuji - Looks like we're on the same boat on this

Black Rock Shooter - Also the same sort of, I gave it a little higher score but I didn't like it either

K-ON!: Ura-ON! - Really? I thoguht these were so cute...

Star Driver - Eh I can see why you'd drop this, even though I love it to bits
Mar 29, 2011 7:14 PM

Mar 2009
@Skeeturz
You've not much anime in general, but I know some of your 5 and unders

Higurashi-now I really loved this series, but you also mentioned that you played the VN, is that entirely why you disliked the anime? But anyway coming from someone who didn't, I found this series to be awesome and creepy :3

Bleach-can't blame ya on this one, I found it relatively easy to get into but jsut as easy to get turned off the ludicrous amounts of pointless filler. I dropped it eventually and went "screw this, is there any reason for this to still be going on *angry face*"
Mar 29, 2011 7:21 PM

Apr 2010
@ FallnKnightFakir

Haterade for making me edit :P

Code Geass: A love or hate show really. I used to hate it to be a hater, but I love it now. Kinda gross when you think about it

Evangelion: Such garbage <3

Yugioh: I didn't think it was THAT bad for a kids show.
Apr 3, 2011 11:58 PM

Feb 2010
@ Clous

Mayoi Neko Overrun! - only a 5? It deserved less. Just plain bad, from start to finish. And Fumino is one of the worst and most unlikeable tsunderes I have ever seen. I do love your comment in the tags, btw.

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun: Entenka no Satsuei Model mo Raku Ja Arimasen wa ne - at least the Railgun girls are likeable, and make it watchable for people wanting more than just fap material (well... at least for me it did).

Clannad - there are bigger wastes of time.

Evangelion - lol. And yet you give garbage like Infinite Stratos a 6?
Apr 4, 2011 12:28 AM

Oct 2010
@ novalis

Black★Rock Shooter - Gave it a 6. Your demand of more action and badassery is not exactly what I missed here. The fact that it's a tale of friendship is compelling enough to me; what happens is that, indeed, the character development is cliched, poor and ultimately hard to believe. Things happen too fast here.

Eiken - Hey didn't I comment you once here? Love how you still hate Eiken. I'm a little more generous than you, 3 points. Repetitive absurd is fail.

School Rumble San Gakki - Unacceptable amounts of drama for a series like School Rumble. I quite enjoy it, but hate the concept of the OVA and the ending. 6.
Apr 4, 2011 12:45 AM

Mar 2011
@novalis Sorry. I only commented on the anime I know.

Black Blood Brothers - I re-watched this anime so many times because of how great it was.

King of Fighters - The OVA was based on the game "KOF:Maximum Impact". I accept your score because this OVA does nothing and shows only each of the characters and their abilities. Nothing much happened.

Biz Gamer - An unfinished OVA with 3 episodes. Story didn't developed well on that few episodes.

Infinite Stratos - I don't watch this one.

Iron Man - The animation was great but the adaptation didn't go that well. Same as Wolverine.

Hikaru no Go - It would be more interesting if it was Hikaru no Chess.

Akikan! - I only heard this one from my classmate. He said it was Girl from the trashcan.

@jal90

Captain Tsubasa - The series already reached it's peak but continued then crashed on the ground.

Mars of Destruction - Agree with 2.

The Apple Incident - Weird movie.

Atama Yama - Another weird movie but better than the Apple Incident.
superpsiyanApr 4, 2011 12:53 AM

Apr 5, 2011 10:23 AM

Jun 2008
@ ShinsukeLaw

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's: Yeah, this is pretty bad for sure, especially if compared with the original Duel Monsters series, which I love. Animation was good, but I didn't care about the characters and the story at all. But the GX series is even worse, imo.
Tenjou Tenge: The manga was as pathetic as anything by Oh Great, so I'm never going to bother with the anime. Absurdly huge boobs, mindless shounen fights, stupid plot = fail.
Bus Gamer: I'm not a big fan of Kazuya Minekura, so I don't think I'll ever watch this OAV, as it looks quite mediocre.
Tekken movie: Doesn't look like something I could enjoy.
Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin specials: This anime is in my PTW list.

Apr 5, 2011 10:53 AM

Feb 2010
@ RenaPsycho Killer
Aria the Animation/Natural--I take you don't like serene trips on gondolas?

Dragon Ball Z--More like Drag-on Ball Z, am I right?

FLCL--Yeah, I've got no idea why this is so popular.

Fist of the North Star--Omae wa mo...SHINDEIRU! =3

K-On! and Lucky Star--The Naruto of moe shows. I can probably figure out why anyone wouldn't like these, so I at least know why they're so well-known.

Demon Detective Neuro Nougami--Is Neuro not sadistic enough for you.

Miyuki-chan in Wonderland--CLAMP has the ability to make great stories. This is not one of them.

Naruto/Shippuden--Scores at the very least need to be switched with each other.

Petshop of Horrors--I assume you like the manga better?

Mewtwo Strikes Back--Nostalgia is a bigger factor here for me than it is for you. I wouldn't defend Mewtwo Returns though. *shudders.*

School Days--I give it points for being a deconstruction of the harem genre, but the lack of sympathetic characters really puts them...on the wrong boat. Kotonoha is <3 though.

Princess of the Birdcage Kingdom--I liek TRC moar than u.
Apr 5, 2011 11:17 AM

Nov 2008
@Akito_Kinomoto:

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito - Yes it was as confusing as any VN adaptation I have seen, but I actually kind of like it because of that. I can't say whether it's actually good or not, but it kept me hooked for the 12-episode duration at least. Having said that, I can see why you dislike it if you were looking for something more straightforward (I'm assuming you were in it for the lesbians).

Panty & Stocking - as I said before, this one comes down to personal preference more than anything. I don't like the humor in the episode I saw either, so that's probably about right considering how good the music is and the fact that it's more personal taste than it being bad.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama - A 4/10 is a bit low, but only by a tiny bit. I liked the humor, but not the romance. I would probably give it a 5 or 6 i f I ever bother myself to complete it.
[
Apr 5, 2011 2:09 PM

Mar 2009
@FOE-tan
Osu-It's only 5 minutes, I think it's entertaining for that 5 minutes at least, but no, it's not really anything special

Howl's Moving Castle-I'm not a Miyazaki fan to begin with, I'll bet the original book was just fine, but the movie rather annoyed me since it was mostly just about doing chores and crying

Muramasa-I quite liked this one, far more clever than most of his shorts

Mars of Destruction-now this is classic comedy! Being as such, I couldn't give it a 1 either
Apr 5, 2011 5:28 PM

Apr 2009
@FallnKnightFakir:
Code Geass - Loved it for me. Didn't find any character development and the side-characters (Everyone other than Lelouch) weren't actually original, and even with that side-note, I have a feeling that the idea of a genius anti-hero will turn overused in the next couple of years.

Excel Saga: Darn, ouch! A 3/10 for this anime! I probably loved it because it parodied many genres of anime and I absolutely, absolutely loved their sense of humor. I think you didn't like how bizarre and odd this anime was.

Pokemon the Movie 3: This has to be my second favorite Pokemon movie, my first being its first movie and probably my most rewatched Pokemon movie. No matter how this is rated, I doubt I'll ever forget Pokemon's first movies. Thanks, nostalgia.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Apr 5, 2011 5:46 PM

Sep 2010
@Misa:

11 Eyes: It was alright, but I can see where the 5 came from

Pokemon 4Ever: I think this is the one with Celibi and Suicune?? I thought it was great don't think I added this movie to my list though.

Pokemon: It was good also one of my first anime, but I miss the original series alot.

Sonic X: It wasn't that good so yeah 5 seems about right.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 5, 2011 6:15 PM

Apr 2009
@Roloko:
The only anime that you gave a five or lower (that I know of) was Naruto. I gave this anime a higher score, and due to the fact this was my first anime that I knew was anime helped the score a lot. However, I've seen too many better shows. Generic shounen is how I would describe Naruto, and I think you'd agree with me.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If your favorite anime exploded in popularity to the point that everyone in socmed talks about it, would you like it or not?

Rinrinka - 4 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
2 minutes ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 8 hours ago

21 by AE-2 »»
9 minutes ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 9 hours ago

25 by MasterTasuke »»
9 minutes ago

» What anime song (intro, outro, j-pop) of the ringtone do you use right now?

Kiryotsu - 8 hours ago

13 by Zettaiken »»
13 minutes ago

» Let's Hope the Whole "Girls Golfing" Is A New Thing That Keeps Going...

simonitro - 7 hours ago

6 by MasterTasuke »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.