Forum Settings
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 17, 2020 6:45 PM

Jun 2015
Thorfinn's feeling the weight of taking lives that Thors much tried to advise him.
But I feel his resolution won't last too long.
Aug 2, 2021 12:03 PM

Jul 2019
If Farmland Arc is Minecraft, what Thorfinn just saw is basically the Nether.

But jokes aside, the culmination of everything these past 2 volumes was nothing short of spectacular. I especially enjoyed seeing Thorfinn soften up (especially seeing him genuniely smile 3 or 4 times) and open himself up to Einar and the rest of the farmhands. Likewise, it was also mindblowing seeing Canute do the exact opposite, becoming more harshly enveloped in domination and power as he ascends to become the new King of England.

The complete scope of everything achieved within this new arc has also been completely breathtaking. The cozy, tranquil, yet intricately unfair ways of Danish slave/farm life is such a refreshing change of pace compared to the barbaric lifestyles of the Vikings occuring just a couple hundred miles away. And we can't forget the in-depth history info-dump we've been getting along the way too!

Really excited to see how Yukimura fleshes out the rest of FarmVinland Saga as this arc continues :)

10/10
May 3, 2022 5:59 PM

Feb 2022
I mean, he will obviously use violence again. This is more of a "no more senseless violence" kind of thing than an actual stop to the violence. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if this was the next step of his character development: that sometimes in this cruel world you do need a little bit of violence, to defend yourself or your loved ones for example.
Also, we need to remember Thors. He beat the shit out of Askeladd's gang before beating Askeladd himself in a duel. Violent stuff if you ask me.
These Japanese gesticulating cartoons are actually quite good
Jun 17, 2022 12:47 AM

Jan 2019
MaceTheDon said:
Pacifism... SERIOUSLY?! NO!!!

OH NO NOT THE MANGA'S MORALE MESSAGE THAT WAS IMPLIED SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING!!! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. HOW I COULD I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS COMING AND CONTINUED TO READ CONSTANTLY EXPECTING THORFINN TO COMMIT VIOLENCE AGAINST OTHERS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Jul 7, 2022 1:11 PM

Sep 2014
kino chapter and most importantly we are back to farming again
mattchoo said:
If Farmland Arc is Minecraft, what Thorfinn just saw is basically the Nether.

lol
Oct 23, 2022 5:28 PM

Aug 2021
glad they didn't wind up being punished for all that happened
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» vinland saga manga is ending soon

deg - Apr 13

7 by deg »»
Apr 24, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 191 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BigPPFumiya - Feb 25, 2022

74 by jgreene »»
Apr 18, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 209 Discussion

ryzxgum - Feb 23

22 by TheMangaManiac »»
Apr 15, 4:41 PM

» Some great music to listen to while reading?

Ghoultulhu - Aug 26, 2015

8 by enigmasauce »»
Apr 5, 8:10 AM

» vinland saga 210 release date?

CRG - Apr 2

1 by deg »»
Apr 2, 2:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.