Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 3, 2010 8:17 PM

Sep 2010
Sooo, I'm going to be getting a new laptop somewhere in the near future, and was wondering what a good laptop for watching anime would be. It needs to be able to stream the anime without lagging at all, and a good screen would be nice.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 3, 2010 8:45 PM

Jan 2008
Well, my opinion might be pretty biased, but who knows? Maybe it'll be helpful for you ^_^

I'm using Dell Vostro 1720. Here's the review of it..
It's pretty portable despite its size (the only problem I had was finding a good bag for it, as good bags for 17"s are rather rare, at least where I live), plays HD videos without any problems, has big (you won't have to plug in any external displays to watch something), matte display (I personally hate glossy ones, and with a matte you can use it anywhere you want - be it indoors or outdoors).

Video streaming depends mainly on your internet connection, but from the laptop side, if it's able to play hd, then of course it'll handle streams (and the built-in wifi is good too).

Oh, and it's not that noicy as they state in the review - I use it during classes (also for playing games from time to time) and it's hardly hearable. The heat becomes irritating only if you block the outlet of hot air for a longer time (which can happen only if you accidentally block it) - it's also placed on the left side of the laptop, which is a bliss for right-handed people ^_^

What else... with Dell you get a very good warranty, as it's (officially) the business model.

And one thing, even if you decide to buy another laptop: try to buy one without the OS included (those included are usually preinstalled, so that means no install disc and lots of useless crap in the recovery files) and buy the OS independently (preferably Win 7 Pro; don't even get near the Vista).

You might try to look for something with similar specs too. Or maybe you have something that caught your eye or some more specified questions?
bakaratamataDec 3, 2010 8:49 PM

Dec 3, 2010 10:25 PM

May 2010
MacBook
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 3, 2010 10:32 PM

Aug 2009
I don't know about what laptops are good for anime and whatnot, but lemme tell you one thing: don't stream ever.
Dec 3, 2010 10:38 PM

Jan 2008
Soundtrack said:
I don't know about what laptops are good for anime and whatnot, but lemme tell you one thing: don't stream ever.

Stream are evil, I agree on that, but when someone has shitty internet speed, then they have to compromise (I remember times how I had 5Gb/month limit, with 256kb/s dl speed, so streams were in most cases my only anime source; now I can't live without HDs, but then they were out of reach for me (technically too, as my previous machine couldn't hadle them)).

Dec 3, 2010 10:51 PM

Sep 2008
if it can run a media player you can watch anime on it. This is a pretty nonsensical question.

any laptop made in the last 3 years should be able to play HD video just fine.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Dec 3, 2010 11:06 PM
Feb 2010
Ziechiel said:
Soundtrack said:

Stream are evil, I agree on that, but when someone has shitty internet speed, then they have to compromise (I remember times how I had 5Gb/month limit, with 256kb/s dl speed, so streams were in most cases my only anime source; now I can't live without HDs, but then they were out of reach for me (technically too, as my previous machine couldn't hadle them)).
You've probably never used Netflix, but meh.

Anyway, unless you know what you're doing, look for a few things:
1. Windows 7. Vista isn't bad, but 7's more user-friendly.
2. Core 2, Core i3 Core i5, or Core i7. Don't accept a Celeron or Centrino. A Pentium dual core is alright. That's Intel, though. For AMD, I have no idea about their notebooks offerings. I've heard Turion=good, Sempron=bad, but like I said, no idea.
3. Discrete video card. If you use a larger screen, then you're going to need Flash/Silverlight video acceleration. Especially if you hook up to a TV in high-def. Which reminds me, HDMI or DVI output is important, so if you want to hook up to a TV in HD, you can.
Dec 3, 2010 11:29 PM

Jun 2009
Confucius said:
MacBook
Every Apple laptop I have ever seen has had absolutely horrid cooling. Unless they've fixed that issue recently (doubtful), I have to recommend against Macbooks.

I also hear that the VLC version for Mac is terrible, if you plan to use VLC.

Plus, Macs are overpriced.

On a completely trivial note, did you know that apparently prolonged exposure to the heat from laptops can cause detrimental effects on one's man-parts? True story. Specifically sterility, if memory serves.
Dec 3, 2010 11:38 PM

Dec 2009
I recommend something light so you can move it close to your tv and plug in some HDMI cables.
that's the best way to watch anime
Dec 4, 2010 12:11 AM

Jan 2008
Just adding one thing; built-in HDMI/DVI is not completely necessary for plugging the tv into laptop, as it can be done via the usage of external devices (but that's just me saying... for most people this will just seem as unnecessary complicated).

Dec 4, 2010 2:14 AM

Jul 2008
What would be your budget though?

Shame on those that suggested a MacBook. It has already been tested that a MacBook with the same specs as a Windows laptop from Toshiba and Fujitsu was more than 20C hotter. The MacBook reaches 100C, the Toshiba reaches 80C, Fujitsu reaches 78C. Same CPU (Core i7), same GPU (Nvidia). So if you want to cook your lap, as well as burn your wallet because of the price, go buy a MacBook.
Dec 4, 2010 9:00 AM

Feb 2008
Macbook Air (13 inch).
Pros are just too heavy and inconvenient - but the 17 inch would be pretty good to watch anime on.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Dec 4, 2010 10:37 AM

Sep 2010
Do the amount of RAM and the core heavily affect it, i want to make sure I have something that will play the videos at as high a speed as possible, I can't stand it when the video lags and the subtitles get out of sink with the voices and what not. I don't know if that aspect is reliant on the laptop as much as the video source itself, but I just don't want to deal with laggy videos. The screen is also important, so something around 17" would be my preferance. As for the price, I supposed anything in the vicinity of $750 would be reasonable.
Dec 4, 2010 11:29 AM

Jul 2008
ryan91236 said:
Do the amount of RAM and the core heavily affect it, i want to make sure I have something that will play the videos at as high a speed as possible, I can't stand it when the video lags and the subtitles get out of sink with the voices and what not. I don't know if that aspect is reliant on the laptop as much as the video source itself, but I just don't want to deal with laggy videos. The screen is also important, so something around 17" would be my preferance. As for the price, I supposed anything in the vicinity of $750 would be reasonable.

The actual size is not your only primary consideration. Laptops ranging from 14.1" to 17.3" can have the same resolution too.

Here's a shortlist for you:
Gateway NV5911UR
size: 15.6"
CPU: Intel Core i3 330M(2.13GHz)
RAM: 4GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB 5400rpm
DVD drive: DVD Super Multi
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
Resolution: 1366 x 768
~$695

SAMSUNG R530-11
CPU: Intel Core i3 350M(2.26GHz)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 310M
~$600

TOSHIBA Satellite L655-S5111
CPU: Intel Core i3 370M(2.40GHz)
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
~$710

Acer Aspire AS5745G-7671
CPU: Intel Core i3 370M(2.40GHz)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M
~$730

Acer Aspire AS5742G-7200
CPU: Intel Core i5 460M(2.53GHz)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M
~$750

Acer Aspire AS7552G-6061
size: 17.3"
CPU: AMD Phenom II Quad-Core N950(2.1GHz)
Resolution: 1600 x 900
~$750
Dec 4, 2010 12:30 PM

May 2010
spupapi said:
Macbook Air (13 inch).
Pros are just too heavy and inconvenient - but the 17 inch would be pretty good to watch anime on.

I am actually against the Macbook Air, it is ridiculously expensive and the specs that go with it just aren't that good.

The 17inch ones are even heavier. I personally like to get my hands on the 15-inch or 13-inch ones one day, they aren't that heavy
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 4, 2010 6:22 PM
Feb 2010
Macbook all the way. Macs are wonderful and they'll last longer.
Dec 4, 2010 6:46 PM

Sep 2008
people actually buy Macbooks? They must like spending money on an over priced piece of crap.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Dec 5, 2010 5:33 AM

Dec 2009
Any laptop with 15-17" monitor and a decent screen, you don't need any hardware to enjoy it, playing videos won't stress your processor/video card at all.
Dec 5, 2010 7:16 AM

Jul 2010
Alexiell said:
Any laptop with 15-17" monitor and a decent screen, you don't need any hardware to enjoy it, playing videos won't stress your processor/video card at all.

Either you have a very strong laptop with over 3GHz processor, or you have never played over 9000(literally) bitrate video files.

Oh well, if you're looking for online streaming, then anything's fine. Even my 5 years old PC have no problem. But if you're looking to play HD files, then my suggestion:
CPU: At least 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo.
VGA: Try to get nVIdia that suports CUDA, so in case your CPU is not strong enough, you can use CUDA or DXVA. At least 256MB discrete memory.
RAM: Playing video doesn't take up much RAM space, unless you're using VGA with shared memory. 2GB should suffice.
Dec 5, 2010 7:49 AM

May 2008
Jigero said:
if it can run a media player you can watch anime on it. This is a pretty nonsensical question.

Most people will want a computer powerful enough to at least play 1080p anime movies/shows, though. And I'm sure that's it's possible to still buy one accidentally that wouldn't be powerful enough to handle high resolution movies.

I know that my old Laptop was hell for it and people eventually told me "it's not your software, your laptop simply isn't powerful enough for watching anime. Buy a new one, that thing is terrible. You shouldn't even be buying laptops in the first place. Desktops are better. Build your own computer like a worthy human being.". Of course, any .AVI anybody uploaded was just fine. But most .MKV uploads I came across were unworkable, no matter what player or codec pack I used. And apparently you're not allowed to call yourself an anime fan unless you watch it all on 1080p and up.

I mean, 3 years, are you sure? Given, that old laptop of mine is about 4 or maybe even 5 years old now. But it was also $800. And it had problems. So I would worry about this "anything in the past 3 years" statement. Also, I'm sure anime fans want a good Blu-Ray player.

Anyway, as far as laptop brands, I hear good things about Asus.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 5, 2010 8:10 AM

Dec 2009
RedSuisei said:

Either you have a very strong laptop with over 3GHz processor, or you have never played over 9000(literally) bitrate video files.

Oh well, if you're looking for online streaming, then anything's fine. Even my 5 years old PC have no problem. But if you're looking to play HD files, then my suggestion:
CPU: At least 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo.
VGA: Try to get nVIdia that suports CUDA, so in case your CPU is not strong enough, you can use CUDA or DXVA. At least 256MB discrete memory.
RAM: Playing video doesn't take up much RAM space, unless you're using VGA with shared memory. 2GB should suffice.

Good point, it's so hard to find any anime DVD here... (the ones I have I had to import from USA...) All my animes are downloaded rips. So if that's what he'll watch, the screen res and size is still the most important :P
Dec 5, 2010 8:19 AM

Jul 2010
Err, DVDs are much lighter to play than HD downloadable rips with H264 codecs. Try downloading THORA's Eden of the East OP and see if you can play it with low end hardware.
Dec 5, 2010 9:22 AM

Apr 2010
like some one mentioned b 4 , any laptop made in the last 2 years will run all that stuff fine, but id go with any new TOSHIBA laptop they have monster stats inside them and for very good prices,they put dell and all them other comps to super shame for the price. i got a toshiba 18.6 inch laptop with serious hardware inside for 1100 $ that i use for gaming online and its a beast no mac book, dell, sony or anything will go nowhere near it in stats and price. a wizzlle 15 inch dell or sony with no where near the stuff u can get in a toshiba will run u close or over 1000$ for crap. and macs sorry but unless u using it for graphics or work related projects when yes mac is best,other then that its a pile of useless shit that costs at least 1500$ or more.
i would hit you ,but i dont wanna get any douchbag on my hands :P
Dec 5, 2010 9:31 AM

Nov 2010
Acer Aspire AS7552G-6061
size: 17.3"
CPU: AMD Phenom II Quad-Core N950(2.1GHz)
Resolution: 1600 x 900
~$750

Is what I'm using right now, its truly A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! So fast with the internet connecting, nice HD screen, nice RAM space, and the always nice Windows 7 :)
Dec 5, 2010 9:50 AM

Apr 2010
like some one mentioned b 4 any laptops made in the last 2 years should be able to do it, i would recomend any TOSHIBA laptop,they have monster stats in them for really low prices, they put dell and sony and all those other comps to shame none of thse will come nowhere near the hardware u can get in a toshiba for the same price, and mac dont get me started unless u using it for work like graphic design or somthing along those lines where its acctualy usefull, its a really expensive pile of shit that hardly works with anything and comes with nowhere near the sick hardware u canget with a windows laptop.
i would hit you ,but i dont wanna get any douchbag on my hands :P
Dec 5, 2010 9:53 AM
Jun 2009
Confucius said:
MacBook
Dec 5, 2010 10:19 AM

Sep 2009
Basically all you need to look for is that the GPU isn't one of those cheap integrated chipsets (especially not one of Intel ones), and if you're actually storing video on your computer and not on an external drive, hard drive size. Any current nVidia or ATI GPU would meet your needs.

RAM is typically 4GB at this point, so it is not particularly a bottleneck anymore as far as video playback is concerned. Similarly, you don't need an insane processor for video, Core2 Duo is somewhat normal and would be fine for streaming video.

Of course, your results will vary based on your internet connection.
~We're the last descendants
In the line of valiant soldiers
We're mistreated angels
We are the blackbird nation, we're the chosen ones
We're the last descendants
We're the tribe of unsung glory
We are the fallen angels
Well the time is right you shall be on my side...~
Dec 5, 2010 10:48 AM

Oct 2007
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00400ORPU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d4_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=07V1C3DMW50YE96QMAFG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

You can't really get much better than this. It's $1200, but you'd pay double that for the same specs on a mac.

life is a dream
~death is reality
Dec 5, 2010 12:41 PM

May 2010
Do NOT get a Macbook. I just bought a new PC laptop just because I couldn't handle the heat my Macbook got up to after a couple hours of watching anime in bed. Anime would start to lag, not of processor power (it has a C2D), but because after it got hot enough, the processor would get throttled to reduce heat. My new HP Envy 14", with a 1600x900 screen, is SO much cooler (and higher-res). Unfortunately the high-res screen is no longer sold.
Dec 5, 2010 7:34 PM

Jul 2008
The only advantage a Macbook has is how it looks; how it looks though, essentially becomes its own undoing. Being made of aluminum, THE WHOLE THING BECOMES ONE GIANT HEATSINK, making it more likely to overheat and cook your lap and balls.

I wouldn't call OS X as an advantage because it's the "Fisher-Price" version of operating systems.
Dec 6, 2010 10:34 AM

Dec 2010
i would reccomend an asus gaming series laptop, im currently using the G60JX which is amazing, the LED displays are the ones to be looked for as they deliver some serious viewing quality..
YukyumiDec 6, 2010 2:45 PM
Dec 6, 2010 7:21 PM

Jul 2008
beccca14 said:
Macbook all the way. Macs are wonderful and they'll last longer.

I dunno. My iBook (G4, white, 14 inch, circa 2005) lasted about four years, which I think is not that short but also not that long. And it had to be repaired twice in that time. Specifically because that model had an issue with the video card coming off the motherboard if you jolted it a bit too hard. The motherboard would then proceed to fry itself the next time you tried to start it up. Not a great advertisement for Apple hardware. :(

It's nice owning a Mac... pretty interface, easy to use, UNIX-like which has its advantages if you ever have to do SSH or whatever... things with the Unix command line... and you don't really have to worry about viruses.

But I'm not sure it's worth it when there are free OSes (mainly GNU/Linux) that do the same things (albeit with a little more mucking around). And when Windows has so many more options for games and stuff.

But if your main interest is watching video (on the built-in screen) any modern OS should do fine, so it should be the hardware and price that make up your mind, I think.
Dec 6, 2010 10:14 PM

Aug 2009
the ones that are cheapest of course. then buy an external HD drive at least 1tb to store all the anime you download.
Dec 6, 2010 11:16 PM

Jun 2010
Why would you stream?
Join the IRC and Torrent master race already.

Any laptop will do. Computers these days can display 1080p flawlessly.
Dec 6, 2010 11:25 PM

May 2010
I just use a netbook MSI Wind U100.. its okay for watching.. my problem is now the battery.. it discharges quickly now..

how about watching anime on tablets such as Ipad? how's the picture/video on those?
Dec 7, 2010 9:25 AM

Jul 2008
invalidlink said:
entropy13 said:
The only advantage a Macbook has is how it looks; how it looks though, essentially becomes its own undoing. Being made of aluminum, THE WHOLE THING BECOMES ONE GIANT HEATSINK, making it more likely to overheat and cook your lap and balls.

I wouldn't call OS X as an advantage because it's the "Fisher-Price" version of operating systems.

Wouldn't a giant heatsink make it EASIER to cool?

rhetorical because it would in that comparison.

A giant heatsink with a giant fan would make it easier to cool. Or with a lot of small fans. If it's a giant heatsink with just that one small fan, then its only recourse is a slow heat transfer to your lap, which wouldn't really be a very efficient way of cooling it.

MaximumBatman said:
Why would you stream?
Join the IRC and Torrent master race already.

Any laptop will do. Computers these days can display 1080p flawlessly.

At the price range he said (up to $750) he can only do 720p at most; you have to reach beyond that for laptops with full HD (1920x1080, or 1080p).
Dec 7, 2010 10:29 AM

Jul 2010
entropy13 said:
At the price range he said (up to $750) he can only do 720p at most; you have to reach beyond that for laptops with full HD (1920x1080, or 1080p).

Well, aside from the fact that the screen's resolution is not large enough (just connect to an external monitor), I believe all laptop that you wrote in the previous page can play 1080p flawlessly, as long as it's set up properly.
Dec 7, 2010 10:47 AM
Jul 2010
My parents using Asus K52F (it's notebook) and runs 1080p movies smoothly, great audio output, there is nothing to complain for, if you only watch anime, surf the net, if you also want to play games, this is not for you, because it's really only for audio/video files .

About specifications,

Intel Core i3 350M 2.26MHz;
4GB RAM; (DDR2)
500GB HDD;
Intel® GMA;
HD:500GB

As I said, it's great for anime, movies, music, surfing the net. price is something like this, may be bigger or lower, dunno if its worth buying in your country.

Price: $697.34
Dec 7, 2010 10:31 PM

Jul 2010
I own a Macbook for two years now so as long as you have a good video program that lets you watch anime (unless if you download anime) but anything works actually. I can watch anime online just fine from my Dell PC.
Honestly, anything works when you have high speed internet if watching anime online.
Dec 8, 2010 2:55 AM

Jul 2008
invalidlink said:
I didn't mean using a fan, I was suggesting that energy can travel outside of metalic objects more efficient than plastic, with a larger base for the energy to travel along the frame and escape.

Which is pointless since the air immediately around the aluminum body is not moving (i.e. there is no airflow); thus heat would still be not transferred fast enough, and well enough, to the surrounding air. Heatsinks alone, whatever the size cannot cool the CPU efficiently; airflow is required. Look at "passive cooling" video cards; there are no fans on the card itself, but putting it in a case with no fan of its own would make it overheat.

I was suggesting that energy can travel outside of metalic objects more efficient than plastic

Eh? You're confusing metal's efficiency in absorbing and keeping heat as efficiency to transferring heat.

invalidlink said:
And I'm certain a laptop can output 1080p for under $750 o_o

Of course laptops can output 1080p IF THEY ARE CONNECTED TO A MONITOR THAT HAS 1080p SUPPORT.

If it's just the laptop, it's output would always be at the maximum resolution the laptop's monitor supports, usually 1366x768, and nearing $750 1600x900.

I'm not disputing that those I listed can play 1080p. I'm saying is that you can't watch 1080p in those laptops' screens because of the maximum resolution they support. Playing 1080p movies/episodes in a laptop that supports 1366x768 max only means you're playing them at 1366x768, for obvious reasons, and NOT 1920x1080.
entropy13Dec 8, 2010 6:42 AM
Dec 8, 2010 6:51 AM

Jul 2008
1: Efficient at absorbing heat, not transferring heat away from itself. In simpler terms, it does gets the heat away from the CPU itself. Thus it warms itself up even more. But where is the CPU located? Within the aluminum unibody. So the surroundings of the CPU itself is also warm, where would the heat produced by the CPU go? To the aluminum unibody, which is already warm. Then it would be hot. Yet it can't cool itself down because there is no airflow around the whole unibody.

2: See above

3: And I quoted him? No, I quoted you, who specifically said "laptops". It "becomes" the laptop's screen yes, but firstly you have to 1) have an external monitor with 1920x1080 support 2) connect your laptop to the monitor. Which then defeats the purpose of having a laptop in the first place. Why buy a portable device and connect it to an external monitor? When you can still buy(or build) a cheap HTPC if you don't have to bring it around with you most of the time?

During our review of the new 17in Macbook Pro we noticed that the chassis became very hot. Further testing shows that the Core i7 CPU is hitting temperatures over 100 Degrees Celsius

Laptop design is largely governed by heat management. There are a few key components inside a laptop that run quite hot. The CPU and GPU are perhaps the most important of these, as they focus huge energy output into a tiny square of silicon. One way that notebook designers have faced this challenge is through the use of metal laptop bodies.

This works to a degree, but the unfortunate side effect is that when things run really hot the entire laptop body heats up to an uncomfortable level., rather than being pleasantly warm in one's lap. Such situations are why product marketers made a concerted effort in the early half of this decade to shift the naming of such devices from laptop to notebook.

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/172791,macbook-pro-helps-core-i7-hit-100-degrees.aspx
entropy13Dec 8, 2010 6:54 AM
Dec 8, 2010 4:40 PM
Mar 2010
I never thought there was a laptop 'good for anime watching'.... every laptop I have used to watch anime has been fine just as long as the thing isn't slow then we're good to go in my opinion.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Dec 9, 2010 10:15 PM

Jun 2010
If you want a laptop that can display 1080p flawlessly for under $750, you're going to have to use CoreAVC.
Dec 10, 2010 11:11 PM

Feb 2007
I have a netbook that can play HD anime. It has played 1080p (doesn't always), but as it was already noted in this thread (especially since I have a netbook), 1080 doesn't really matter so much on it. It does require CoreAVC for everything to go smoothly, but once I got that up and running my laptop functions just fine. It doesn't matter to me, because I have a really nice iMac desktop (so I rarely watch on my netbook).. but when I travel it's really really useful. As ukonkivi pointed out, others pointed out to him that "blah blah laptops suck, get a desktop" (true story, I think people should always have a desktop as their primary), so I'm not really sure why you want a LAPTOP.
But anyways, if your budget is around 750 I cannot believe you'd be able to buy something that didn't play HD or blu-ray (:@@@@ GET A DESKTOP)... What I have is a HP mini 311, which costs a bit under 400 USD and came with windows 7. It can play anime without lag, and all is well. It is also portable, which is why I want it. (The track pad sucks shit though, plug in mouse ftw).
I'm sure what people have listed here would be a really good start, so go ahead and research them up and enjoy your new laptop.

/this thread has been created so many times I swear.
SY_IS_DEAD_IRLDec 10, 2010 11:17 PM
Dec 10, 2010 11:47 PM

Jul 2010
Doesn't really need CoreAVC; multi-threaded ffdshow should be enough.
Dec 11, 2010 9:23 AM

May 2010
As long as it is not a cheap netbook you should be fine. I have had a bad experience trying to watch streams on a netbook.
Feb 12, 2011 11:12 PM

Aug 2010
would this be okay if i connected it to a 1080p TV or just a larger screen in general?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/gateway-gateway-15-6-intel-core-i3-370m-laptop-nv5942u-black-nv5942u/10158890.aspx?path=6a5efa7947207a3bb2ef75edfff9929cen02

thx in advance

edit: nope, it's not you, it's just a huge lag we've been experiencing since forever. posting once is enough, and then all you need is patience. removed triple posts.
desolatoFeb 13, 2011 10:02 AM
Jul 1, 2011 11:37 PM

Aug 2010
Just thinking since 720p anime is 1280x720 and most laptops are 1366x768, the image is actually upscaled. So if i watch it in 1080p which is 1920x1080 it will get downscaled to 1366x768 which will be better quality than 1280x720 upscaled to 1366x768. Just wondering if that difference is worth getting 1080p
Jul 1, 2011 11:52 PM

Apr 2008
Good laptop for doing anything? MacBook (Pro)
If you have the money, I think it's worth it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.