Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2010 10:04 AM
Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
No, it's because the pain causes her to lose concentration and she looks to be really bad at it with pain. So her teleportation has total lack of concentration therefore she can't activate or execute it properly.
ty,I think i miss that part ...it seem like the same scene I watch in the last episode.Kuroko being smash,and Awaki start lecture .
Nov 20, 2010 10:16 AM

Jun 2008
This last two episodes where really awesome. Let's hope that we won't go back to anything that involves Index having a big role.

That punch was so nice. That killer bitch deserved it. A little sad Kuroko lost for the second time but for a person usually making lesbian airhead jokes she showed that she's in reality very mature, her preach on how hurting others has nothing to do with abilities or not, was very sensible. You can be a monster whether you have abilities or not.

Gangler said:
It's always been an unwritten rule in shonen anime that if you're strong enough, defenses will adjust accordingly. I like to think of it as a hitpoint system. It explains why some characters can survive things like impaling, or the loss of multiple galons of blood without medical assistance, despite in theory being biologically human. Admittedly this is the first instance of index using this principle though. The show is better when it keeps the damage real seeming, as rediculous as that may sound. Once they start shrugging off mortal wounds it ruins the suspense of all the injuries incurred during battle.

Personally, I'm betting she got some alone time with the heaven canceler. Yes she should have been dead long before medical aid could be an issue, but this would still bring it within acceptable levels for me.

I don't think that unwritten rule really goes for this scene though o that she should have died. If she ended in the hospital is realistic enough. So what if she hit the wall a little fast? We have heard of people in real life falling from the third even fifth floor of a building and surviving and that is worse than hitting a wall after a strong punch, so reality isn't as fragile as many people think ether. It's just that reality is so complex that you can survive some crazy shit but die by a small cut if it hits you in the wrong spot.
Hell a friend of mine was hit by a car going quite fast and he didn't even broke a bone while the car looked like a mess. We where all wondering how that was possible and yet it was real. And the same person can get hurt from a lot smaller incidents. Real life is strange like that because it's full of variables.
MonadNov 20, 2010 10:41 AM
Nov 20, 2010 10:28 AM
Jun 2008
^
Unfortunately the title is called Toaru Majutsu no Index II

If index ain't moving the story won't move as well >.>"
Nov 20, 2010 10:34 AM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
No, it's because the pain causes her to lose concentration and she looks to be really bad at it with pain. So her teleportation has total lack of concentration therefore she can't activate or execute it properly.

I'm unclear about some of that too - wasn't the fork in the gun Kuroko's doing? Or was it the result of Awaki losing control over her power for a moment? Or I guess it's just a lot easier to teleport a fork than herself?
Nov 20, 2010 11:09 AM
Dec 2007
Papajan said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I'm unclear about some of that too - wasn't the fork in the gun Kuroko's doing? Or was it the result of Awaki losing control over her power for a moment? Or I guess it's just a lot easier to teleport a fork than herself?
Just a result of the out of control Awaki I assume. Kuroko was down and out.

Also, for everyone asking, Accelerator showing up was not random at all. Just like the other Misaka clone came to Touma and Mikoto for help, Last Order must have mentioned the situation to Accelerator.

Nov 20, 2010 11:36 AM

Sep 2008
Monad said:
This last two episodes where really awesome. Let's hope that we won't go back to anything that involves Index having a big role.

That punch was so nice. That killer bitch deserved it. A little sad Kuroko lost for the second time but for a person usually making lesbian airhead jokes she showed that she's in reality very mature, her preach on how hurting others has nothing to do with abilities or not, was very sensible. You can be a monster whether you have abilities or not.

Gangler said:
It's always been an unwritten rule in shonen anime that if you're strong enough, defenses will adjust accordingly. I like to think of it as a hitpoint system. It explains why some characters can survive things like impaling, or the loss of multiple galons of blood without medical assistance, despite in theory being biologically human. Admittedly this is the first instance of index using this principle though. The show is better when it keeps the damage real seeming, as rediculous as that may sound. Once they start shrugging off mortal wounds it ruins the suspense of all the injuries incurred during battle.

Personally, I'm betting she got some alone time with the heaven canceler. Yes she should have been dead long before medical aid could be an issue, but this would still bring it within acceptable levels for me.

I don't think that unwritten rule really goes for this scene though o that she should have died. If she ended in the hospital is realistic enough. So what if she hit the wall a little fast? We have heard of people in real life falling from the third even fifth floor of a building and surviving and that is worse than hitting a wall after a strong punch, so reality isn't as fragile as many people think ether. It's just that reality is so complex that you can survive some crazy shit but die by a small cut if it hits you in the wrong spot.
Hell a friend of mine was hit by a car going quite fast and he didn't even broke a bone while the car looked like a mess. We where all wondering how that was possible and yet it was real. And the same person can get hurt from a lot smaller incidents. Real life is strange like that because it's full of variables.
True. True. There are all sorts of records of people surviving ridiculous shit. She did however hit her head pretty bad when she went up against that wall. That always has repurcussions. Plus after that she did have to fall back down to the ground. I didn't get the impression this was only a second story fall. They were pretty high. Not to mention that it would probably have reopened all the wounds she recieved while fighting kuroko. She was in an enfeebled state from trying to teleport herself so many times despite her trauma, as evidenced by her midair vomit. Plus judgeing from how the road was warped with his movements and all the property damage in general the initial punch itself wasn't exactly gentle, so two heavy blows to the head in rapid succession. She was also not in a state to control her landing, so a third blow to the head is almost a certainty.

Of course even with all this it is still technically possible in the vast scheme of things to survive. As a general rule though the people who fall from planes only to get up from their crater and walk home shouldn't really be used as the standard to human physiology. Most of us would be dead before we hit the ground. Freak accidents do occur, but probably ninety nine percent of people hit by a car at full speed don't walk away unscathed. As awesome as your friend is, I still wouldn't recommend dodging traffic on a freeway/
Nov 20, 2010 11:38 AM
Jun 2008
but Awaki teleport into a random area...and the last order can predict her movement as well?.Maybe Awaki's last report leak out the information of her location ...

Edit: I forgot one thing...I think Kuroko's rescue is a bit overdone imo

fuck I hate MAL!!! the posting system have problem
MorningGloryNov 20, 2010 11:54 AM
Nov 20, 2010 11:40 AM

Jun 2008
Monad said:

I would love for that to happen, however that's wishful thinking, I just hope she doesn't act like a retarded kid anymore.....OH WAIT, that's also wishful thinking.

Monad said:

I agree that she DID lose, but only because Awaki fought dirty....SERIOUSLY a gun in an esper battle???

She turned out to be a HUGE disappointment, I would have preferred a fair teleporter battle, I think Kuroko would've won.
Nov 20, 2010 11:41 AM

Nov 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
I don't think beating them up is the way at all. Abuse of men towards women is so wrong because they will never be equal in muscle power. That's why I feel strongly once again to have let either Kuroko or Misaka get revenge for Kuroko handling Awaki. Terrible! Whoever gets a kick out of the violence and blood of this is not cool. Whoever does get happy due to revenge for Kuroko is fine with me.

lol but it's not abuse if the woman in question is a bitch who's done some shitty things to others (she was going to KILL kuroko and only failed b/c of Touma and Misaka, and restart the whole clones experiment again, which btw, is why Accelerator popped in to help, as he was a part of that as well as Last Order). This is coming from a woman's perspective btw, and while I agree abuse against women should not be tolerated, in this instance it wasn't abuse at all. That bitch had it coming, she did some horrible things, and merely got what was coming to her. After all she did, she deserves no sympathy for getting punched in the face by a man just b/c she's a woman. She was a bad guy who needed to be defeated, gender has nothing to do with any of that.
SapphireStar26Nov 20, 2010 10:12 PM
Nov 20, 2010 11:51 AM

Apr 2007
To those complaining about the woman punching (for size)

Adding to what SapphireStar said. It's like not like she or any of the other female character in the pic above were innocent girls getting abused. They were all *****es willing to kill people and had no or very little issues doing so. Sherry (golem girl) had no problems destroying AC, not caring that there were non-espers there, Agnese had no problems torturing Orsula, and Awaki was going to kill Kuroko. They all deserved what was coming. If they were all guys, nobody would care. Seriously, why such a double standard against violence towards violent women?

Besides, Awaki should be glad Accel just punched her and not done anything worse, seeing as he could've easily killed her right there and then.
Nov 20, 2010 12:01 PM

Jun 2008
BakaOnna said:

Meh, I don't know why people are complaining about it...

It's a battle, nothing wrong with BEATING your opponent, it shouldn't matter whether its a male or female opponent.
Nov 20, 2010 1:09 PM

Jun 2008
MorningGlory said:
^
Unfortunately the title is called Toaru Majutsu no Index II

If index ain't moving the story won't move as well >.>"

If it just about her moving we can tie her behind a metro train so she would move around the town leaving as alone to progress the story with all the other interesting not annoying characters.

Gangler said:
Monad said:

Gangler said:

I don't think that unwritten rule really goes for this scene though or that she should have died. If she ended in the hospital is realistic enough. So what if she hit the wall a little fast? We have heard of people in real life falling from the third even fifth floor of a building and surviving and that is worse than hitting a wall after a strong punch, so reality isn't as fragile as many people think ether. It's just that reality is so complex that you can survive some crazy shit but die by a small cut if it hits you in the wrong spot.
True. True. There are all sorts of records of people surviving ridiculous shit. She did however hit her head pretty bad when she went up against that wall. That always has repurcussions. Plus after that she did have to fall back down to the ground. I didn't get the impression this was only a second story fall. They were pretty high. Not to mention that it would probably have reopened all the wounds she recieved while fighting kuroko. She was in an enfeebled state from trying to teleport herself so many times despite her trauma, as evidenced by her midair vomit. Plus judgeing from how the road was warped with his movements and all the property damage in general the initial punch itself wasn't exactly gentle, so two heavy blows to the head in rapid succession. She was also not in a state to control her landing, so a third blow to the head is almost a certainty.

Of course even with all this it is still technically possible in the vast scheme of things to survive. As a general rule though the people who fall from planes only to get up from their crater and walk home shouldn't really be used as the standard to human physiology. Most of us would be dead before we hit the ground. Freak accidents do occur, but probably ninety nine percent of people hit by a car at full speed don't walk away unscathed. As awesome as your friend is, I still wouldn't recommend dodging traffic on a freeway/

When she hit the building she first hit it with her back as it's obvious from the scene so her head got away with the big impact and probably didn't hit at all as it seems. Then she fall to a platform at the side of the building and NOT all the way down to the ground, so she might as well had fallen only 2-3 meters down from the place she hit the wall. And just because you are falling down unconscious, it doesn't mean 100% that you are gonna go down head first. Also our head is not exactly an egg. Yes the head is sensitive but give me a break, as a guy that's been into a lot of fights and got hit in the head or had my head smashed against walls,floors.doors and many other things, i know it can take some beating.
MonadNov 20, 2010 3:09 PM
Nov 20, 2010 1:22 PM
Jan 2010
How much weight can Kuroko Teleport? and is the only difference betwee her and Awaki's teleportation that Awaki doesn't have to be in contact with the object. I can't remember Kurokos power
Misakas mum next episode and is it a Magic/science crossover?

and why does everyone only focus on the women getting hit. I'm sure there have been plenty of people who Touma+Accelerator have punched
Dan777Nov 20, 2010 1:51 PM
Nov 20, 2010 1:24 PM

Apr 2010
alexcampos said:
BakaOnna said:

Meh, I don't know why people are complaining about it...

It's a battle, nothing wrong with BEATING your opponent, it shouldn't matter whether its a male or female opponent.
Define battle, to some people every place is a battlefield.
Domestic violence is also technically a battle even tho only one person is committing violence with the other usually being unable to defend themselves for one reason or another.
You don't mean it that way but basically your saying it's fine to beat someone with the only apparent reason being battle.
Things like that can easily be misunderstood.
You should always restrain yourself from committing violence, it can not alway be avoided but you should do anything in your power to prevent it.

Men can be violent but so can girls, and you should be able to defend yourself whether your opponent is a guy or a girl.
Still there are other ways of defending yourself then just using your fists, there other ways of restraining your attacker.
There are even forms of self defense that allow you to restrain your attacker without even hurting them, like Judo or certain wrestling moves.

It's true that the male body has a stronger build then the female body but this doesn't mean girls can't be strong.
Besides the female body is more agile and should also allow more speed then the male body which can also be a great advantage in combat.
The rule that a men should not hit a woman comes from the fact that a men should not hurt a woman, it's all about being a real men a gentlemen.
And to prevent abuse.
Nov 20, 2010 1:39 PM

Aug 2008
Vanisher said:

but noone dies in this anime :(

What? 0.o

Nov 20, 2010 1:42 PM

Oct 2009
he simply will not hold in differentiating male from female when the matter reaches the point to agree with him.And chenge de places, between awaki and accelerator, I certaly sheis very good punch in face of accelerator, and anyway, you awesome accelerator
Nov 20, 2010 2:14 PM

Aug 2009
Oriana Thompson next episode and the best arc imo!
Nov 20, 2010 2:36 PM

Oct 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Just a result of the out of control Awaki I assume. Kuroko was down and out.

So just like I though you did Leon-Gun it was a sudden out control thing, bad habits tend to die hard from the looks of it or it could be just a imperfection they wanted to flesh out of Awaki. Which brings me to the following spoiler with a pic

It was rather baffling because of the sudden puking like motion, was it due to Awaki having internal damage because of her teleportation flaws?
Leon-Gun said:
Also, for everyone asking, Accelerator showing up was not random at all. Just like the other Misaka clone came to Touma and Mikoto for help, Last Order must have mentioned the situation to Accelerator.
Ah, but you see it seemed like it was random that's the beauty of it by the reaction of the people. Can Accelerator even be connected to the Misaka network? Still stand that at first he figured out the problem and concerns of chibi Misaka himself. Hence the "A so" thing.

SapphireStar26 said:
lol but it's not abuse if the woman in question in a bitch who's done some shitty things to others (she was going to KILL kuroko and only failed b/c of Touma and Misaka, and restart the whole clones experiment again, which btw, is why Accelerator popped in to help, as he was a part of that as well as Last Order).

I agree that she did shitty things and had to be stopped but I am against as to violence against women in general, perhaps due to my personal experiences except in some cases like all the hentai stuff. I do accept the reason to stop was mainly she was going to kill another human being.
SapphireStar26 said:
This is coming from a woman's perspective btw, and while I agree abuse against women should not be tolerated, in this instance it wasn't abuse at all. That bitch had it coming, she did some horrible things, and merely got what was coming to her.
The bad Karma theory is fine in this case and "What comes around goes around" but I still stand to have the blow by dealt by a equal, in this case another female. I did appreciate Kuroko scoring a rather tasty 4 hit on Awaki (three spikes and that wine cork screw).
SapphireStar26 said:
After all she did, she deserves no sympathy for getting punched in the face by a man just b/c she's a woman. She was a bad guy who needed to be defeated, gender has nothing to do with any of that.
Well your opinion is fine but I still think gender is what attract ethical groups into beefing against Japanese anime standards and this I mentioned clearly in page 1.

Cleaned post up a bit to make it somewhat easier on the eyes. I can't stress this enough, but please use the 'quote' function in moderation.
desolatoNov 25, 2010 12:44 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 20, 2010 3:17 PM
Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:

It was rather baffling because of the sudden puking like motion, was it due to Awaki having internal damage because of her teleportation flaws?
I'm almost certain that was her body just reacting to a traumatic situation. If you notice she always had breakdowns when she teleported herself.
Can Accelerator even be connected to the Misaka network? Still stand that at first he figured out the problem and concerns of chibi Misaka himself. Hence the "A so" thing.
Accelerator was connected to the Misaka Network in order to compensate the damage his brain suffered. So yeah, you can say this situation would have some effect on him as well. I like how when he goes back he's all "dammit, if you want to show me your gratitude shut up already".

Nov 20, 2010 4:25 PM
Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Wasabi said:
Really? Did they just stick Touma into the arc for the sake of him being the main character? He did absolute shit. Fuck Touma, and Misaka, and Index, and whoever. Accelerator should be the main character.

Accelerator will always >>>>>>> Touma. Why? Amazing evil laugh, amazing powers that are God like and he saved a cuter loli than index was.

Sorry to say otherwise, but Tōma's evil laugh is greater (too bad we've only heard it once.)

Anyway, nice episode... though the one thing that disappointed me is that they skipped the part where Tōma told Kuroko what he had said about Mikoto on August 31 (at the end of the fake date.) How are the viewers gonna know now?
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 20, 2010 4:58 PM

Dec 2009
Holy shit, that was one epic episode.

Badass Kuroko
Badass Accelerator
Two of my favourite characters, what more could you ask for :]

I agree that Awaki surviving her battle against Accelerator is a bit silly though.
Monad said:
I don't think that unwritten rule really goes for this scene though o that she should have died. If she ended in the hospital is realistic enough. So what if she hit the wall a little fast? We have heard of people in real life falling from the third even fifth floor of a building and surviving and that is worse than hitting a wall after a strong punch, so reality isn't as fragile as many people think ether.
That may be true, but she fell from about the fifth floor AFTER hitting the wall. Considering the force she received from his punch she'd probably just have splattered on impact, but oh well...Index never was that realistic anyway...
FireballStarfishNov 20, 2010 5:11 PM
Nov 20, 2010 5:07 PM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Well your opinion is fine but I still think gender is what attract ethical groups into beefing against Japanese anime standards and this I mentioned clearly in page 1.
Wonder woman, supergirl, batwoman, starfire, snooky, and aqualad. These are all women of the american media who occasionally get struck by men. Why should we hold japan to standards we don't uphold?
Nov 20, 2010 5:51 PM

Jun 2009

Man, this sure felt way too shallow compared to the novel, lacked this something wich original had. The only better thing is Accelerator scene, had more impact. But still, they removed the best line of the whole volume from his scene, stupid idiots... :
Vol.8 verdict: ln > animu.
OrochiPLNov 20, 2010 5:58 PM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 20, 2010 6:21 PM
Sep 2009
That was a great episode, Accelerator with the epic punch to that broad's face and it was game over.
Nov 20, 2010 6:48 PM

Sep 2008
Monad said:

When she hit the building she first hit it with her back as it's obvious from the scene so her head got away with the big impact and probably didn't hit at all as it seems. Then she fall to a platform at the side of the building and NOT all the way down to the ground, so she might as well had fallen only 2-3 meters down from the place she hit the wall. And just because you are falling down unconscious, it doesn't mean 100% that you are gonna go down head first. Also our head is not exactly an egg. Yes the head is sensitive but give me a break, as a guy that's been into a lot of fights and got hit in the head or had my head smashed against walls,floors.doors and many other things, i know it can take some beating.

Okay, firstly the back hitting first doesn't make much of a difference at those speeds. Same thing with the fall. I never said she'd land on her head, merely that her head would in all probability (to the point of near certainty) be hit over the course of her landing. Finally it's nice that you can attest to the durability of the human skull, but whatever you've experienced isn't really comparable to this. She flew like fifty feet and would have kept going, not having lost speed or momentum at this point, if she had not hit the brick wall. Many of the more hardhitting professional boxers are fully capable of causing brain damage with their fists, and their opponents stay on the ground. Unless you've been duking it out with superman, your fights aren't comparable to what we just witnessed here. Obviously the human head is not an egg, but there's important shit in there. It can only afford to take so much damage, and even with the protection afforded by the skull and liquid cushioning within, damage would have occurred here.
Nov 20, 2010 7:53 PM
Nov 2010
Dan777 said:
How much weight can Kuroko Teleport? and is the only difference betwee her and Awaki's teleportation that Awaki doesn't have to be in contact with the object. I can't remember Kurokos power

and why does everyone only focus on the women getting hit. I'm sure there have been plenty of people who Touma+Accelerator have punched

Kuroko max weight is 130.7 kg and maximum distance is 81.5 meters, where as Awaki is 4520 kg and 800 meters, adding with 'no need to touch' teleport ability ,quite whole another league isn't it. :D

Well that's not a surprise since Awaki was said to be the next level 5 candidate until the traumatic event occured. After that she take 3-second gap the time to re-calculate before teleport herself.

But that's highlight Kuroko's badass in this episode father for did a pretty good job. ;D
Unfortunatly, power levels in Index is taken very seriously, unless you're Touma, ofcause.

glassx said:
I figured she ended up with a piece of shattered glass inside her as she teleported...

Err no, the very reason she chose to teleport above is to avoid all those glass which mean Accel can read her move like a paper and strike with that. She just feel sick every time when teleport herself.

Anyway for the episode itself , EPIC!! that's all.
I'm a girl yet I have nothing aganist the female beating atleast in this anime.
If anything, isn't this mean the show have many strong women enough to the the arc boss? :P

And to think she went againist Accelerator of all people and came out alive...quite a devil luck on awaki's part ...or he's just in a good mood LOL!
varaNov 21, 2010 8:22 AM
Nov 20, 2010 8:49 PM
Aug 2010
Accelerator made this episode awesome. GHADDDDD SO MUCH BAD-ASSNESS in that couple minutes, it made up for the first Arc of this season.

Also, am I one of the few people who realizes that it's perfectly normal for Accelerator to punch her like that? If you recall, he killed 1000 Misaka sisters and even tormented them to get a reaction...

He is the foil to Touma, Touma preaches.... Accelerator fucks them up.
Nov 20, 2010 8:57 PM

Sep 2008
myshatteredview said:
Accelerator made this episode awesome. GHADDDDD SO MUCH BAD-ASSNESS in that couple minutes, it made up for the first Arc of this season.

Also, am I one of the few people who realizes that it's perfectly normal for Accelerator to punch her like that? If you recall, he killed 1000 Misaka sisters and even tormented them to get a reaction...

Well said. Accellerator goes beyond antihero. He's a villain who's goals happen to be beneficial to the overall good. I somehow doubt that the serial killer with 10031 known strikes on his record cares much about our cultural stigma against inter-gender violence.
Nov 20, 2010 9:04 PM
Dec 2007
myshatteredview said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure he managed to kill 10000 of them, not just 1000. The Misaka clone that Touma saves when he defeats Accelerator is actually Misaka 10032 so that implies he killed 10031 of them.

And yeah, as one of the leads of the Science side of the story, he's a great foil to Touma. I might also add, his power is weakened by half and have a time limit but he's still pretty damn strong.

Nov 20, 2010 10:26 PM

Nov 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
SapphireStar26 said:
This is coming from a woman's perspective btw, and while I agree abuse against women should not be tolerated, in this instance it wasn't abuse at all. That bitch had it coming, she did some horrible things, and merely got what was coming to her.
The bad Karma theory is fine in this case and "What comes around goes around" but I still stand to have the blow by dealt by a equal, in this case another female. I did appreciate Kuroko scoring a rather tasty 4 hit on Awaki (three spikes and that wine cork screw).

Karma is nice and all, not to mention satisfying when it strikes, but it's kinda stupid to rely on that to get the job done, there's no guarantee that the bad guy will "get what comes around".

And lol but saying that is just as BakaOnna said, a double standard. It's actually very sexist. It should not matter if you are a man or if you are a woman, if someone has done something that horrible and evil, if they are the "bad guy" they need to be taken down be it by man or woman. Saying only a woman has the right to fight and beat the crap out of an evil woman who totally deserves what she's getting since she's a horrible human being, that is SO sexist. And as a woman I am quite frankly a little offended at that form of logic. All these gender roles society applies to men and women are just so stupid.

What's so wrong about a guy fighting a girl if the girl is a total crazy ass evil murderous bitch? It's not as if she deserves ANY SYMPATHY AT ALL just because of her gender. I'm happy you're so against violence towards women, but this isn't merely "VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN!" THIS was a bad guy getting what she had coming. Be grateful Accelerator only punched her, when he could have done numerous other, and far crueler, things to her (seriously, remember that Misaka arc from season 1? yeah.)

So basically my point is, sure she's a woman, and sure he was a man, but in the end THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD (and I stress the word SHOULD) TRULY MATTER is that the bad guy gets what they deserve and the bad guy just so happened to be a woman and the good guy just so happened to be a man. That is all. Any other kind of thinking is purely sexist and totally illogical.

p.s. I agree, Kuroko stabbing her was full of win, too bad it didn't last long, she actually gained some respect from me as a character which is saying something since I normally can't stand her.
SapphireStar26Nov 20, 2010 10:35 PM
Nov 20, 2010 11:51 PM
Jul 2009
Don't worry people! Real Gekota will fix up bandage girl's face!
Nov 21, 2010 12:35 AM

Oct 2010
Leon-Gun said:
I'm almost certain that was her body just reacting to a traumatic situation. If you notice she always had breakdowns when she teleported herself.

Yes Leon-Gun! It was most likely the trauma she suffered in the past of her teleportations and thus it hits her now and then. It all makes sense now thanks to you. The situation she was in at the moment she puked kind of, was most likely the closest of them all in regards to her worst experience in her past.
Yumekichi11 said:
Can Accelerator even be connected to the Misaka network? Still stand that at first he figured out the problem and concerns of chibi Misaka himself. Hence the "A so" thing.
Leon-Gun said:
Accelerator was connected to the Misaka Network in order to compensate the damage his brain suffered. So yeah, you can say this situation would have some effect on him as well. I like how when he goes back he's all "dammit, if you want to show me your gratitude shut up already".
I like it too, now that I think about how it all relates. I seemed to have forgotten that part of why he was connected to the network.
Ajunky said:

Sorry to say otherwise, but Tōma's evil laugh is greater (too bad we've only heard it once.)
Perhaps the tone but Accelerator is far better because his appearance makes the laugh so more bad ass! HA!
Ajunky said:
The one thing that disappointed me is that they skipped the part where Tōma told Kuroko what he had said about Mikoto on August 31 (at the end of the fake date.) How are the viewers gonna know now?
LN readers care to tell us?
Gangler said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Wonder woman, supergirl, bat-woman, starfire, snooky, and aqualad. These are all women of the american media who occasionally get struck by men. Why should we hold japan to standards we don't uphold?
Maybe because the realism is so much more real the affection rate is so much higher. To more real it gets the more dangerous it may be for people who cannot differentiate.
SapphireStar26 said:
I agree with your agree. :D Also you won this argument. It really does matter how you are raised in society but in the end bad guys are bad and need to be stopped no matter what even in a child like appearance.
Yumekichi11Nov 21, 2010 12:57 AM

Nov 21, 2010 1:50 AM

Feb 2008
Xerain said:

oh yeah... i forgot about that frog-faced Heaven Canceler...

then again...

Nov 21, 2010 2:03 AM

Oct 2010
agent535 said:
Xerain said:

oh yeah... i forgot about that frog-faced Heaven Canceler...
then again...

Oh wow nice spoiler there. Will it be at least half way in the series? I want to see Tsuchimikado in action.

Nov 21, 2010 6:04 AM

Jun 2009
vara said:
Dan777 said:

Kuroko max weight is 130.7 kg and maximum distance is 81.5 meters, where as Awaki is 4520 kg and 800 meters, adding with 'no need to touch' teleport ability ,quite whole another league isn't it. :D

Well that's not a surprise since Awaki was said to be the next level 5 candidate until the traumatic event occured. After that she take 3-second gap the time to re-calculate before teleport herself.

But that's highlight Kuroko's badass in this episode father for did a pretty good job. ;D
Unfortunatly, power levels in Index is taken very seriously, unless you're Touma, offcause.

You guys all forget that Musujime's max weight may be 4520kg, but her body is said to be damaged when she teleports a weight of more than ~1000kg. Then again, fags didn't mention this in anime.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 21, 2010 6:07 AM

Jun 2010
HOLY CRAP ACCELERATOR IS BACK !!! <3
Epic win =D
I was waiting for his return. AND he has wings this time ^.^

He freaking owned Awaki's face. And her insides (broken glass).
Love the quality of this anime. Full 720p of high-quality work.
Can't wait for the next episode. Nyan!

HOLY CRAP ACCELERATOR IS BACK !!! <3
Nov 21, 2010 6:18 AM
Dec 2007
OrochiPL said:

You guys all forget that Musujime's max weight may be 4520kg, but her body is said to be damaged when she teleports a weight of more than ~1000kg. Then again, fags didn't mention this in anime.
The fact she can't consistently use her full power without injuring herself is hardly important in the context of our conversation. Her full power exceeds Kuroko's full power by a LOT, that's all people wanted to point out. Please don't try to be smartasses here. There's no real point to say every fucking little detail, especially when you can visually see Awaki was pretty fucked up by all her teleporting so yeah, obviously there were drawbacks to them.

Nov 21, 2010 6:43 AM

Nov 2008
sirwence said:

So the feeling was right, thanks for answering.
Nov 21, 2010 8:30 AM

May 2010
She was finished by Accelerator mhahaha
"My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me"
Nov 21, 2010 9:00 AM

Jan 2008
I wonder how Accelerator does "external" calculations now. I see him hooked up to something, but still.

I loved how Touma was jumping from debris to debris to catch Shirai. That was awesome.

Definitely surprised that this arc closed so quickly, but that's cool. Next arc looks interesting. Misaka's face is making me wonder what's going on, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. Poor Touma though. His ability doesn't really give him an advantage when you think about what events they're likely be there.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nov 21, 2010 9:32 AM
Jun 2010
Accelerator is so bad ass. Even when handicapped.
Nov 21, 2010 10:50 AM
Nov 2009
kevin_video said:
I wonder how Accelerator does "external" calculations now. I see him hooked up to something, but still.

I loved how Touma was jumping from debris to debris to catch Shirai. That was awesome.

Definitely surprised that this arc closed so quickly, but that's cool. Next arc looks interesting. Misaka's face is making me wonder what's going on, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. Poor Touma though. His ability doesn't really give him an advantage when you think about what events they're likely be there.

They mentioned hooking him into the Misaka network to allow him to do external calculations for his power (as well as help with some other functions of his brain that were damaged, I think they said the language center?). So technically he's tied in brainwise with all the Misaka Imouto, though he doesn't appear to have the ability to hear their hive-mind conversation.
Nov 21, 2010 11:54 AM

Sep 2008
Ajunky said:
The one thing that disappointed me is that they skipped the part where Tōma told Kuroko what he had said about Mikoto on August 31 (at the end of the fake date.) How are the viewers gonna know now?
The conversation where it reveals what he said.

Yumekichi11 said:
Maybe because the realism is so much more real the affection rate is so much higher. To more real it gets the more dangerous it may be for people who cannot differentiate.
I'm afraid I don't follow you there. Are you saying that american comics are less realistic than japanese comics? On a basic level the proportions are more accurate to the human form. At the very least snooky is from a mainstream live-action television show. She wouldn't fit with your reasoning there.

Zergplex said:
They mentioned hooking him into the Misaka network to allow him to do external calculations for his power (as well as help with some other functions of his brain that were damaged, I think they said the language center?). So technically he's tied in brainwise with all the Misaka Imouto, though he doesn't appear to have the ability to hear their hive-mind conversation.
Since it's a point of confusion for some people I'm going to post the explanation accelerator gave that was replaced with the line "I now perform my calculations externally"

Cleaned post a bit. Please remember when using the quote function, to only include up to two (short) posts in one chain. Otherwise, please use the spoiler function.
desolatoNov 25, 2010 12:57 PM
Nov 21, 2010 1:25 PM

Mar 2008
Well, finally. I've been waiting for the return of the accelerator. Maybe he was not at full strength but still it was cool.

Nov 21, 2010 4:46 PM

Oct 2010
Gangler said:

Nov 21, 2010 5:31 PM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Amazing! I more impressed than seeing that scene other than the OST of it and animation. Really crucial details here. Thanks again friend. I suggest for people to read it, there is no future event in it.
No problem. The scene really did get hit pretty hard in the cuts. Glad you liked it.

Yumekichi11 said:
I meant that the proportions aren't on par with USA comics but that the situation, emotional conveying are far superior. I have USA comics yet was never affected by them as much as Japanese ones.

So because the japanese have a different narrative stylistic that you prefer they should be subject to additional ethical rulings based on the values of another culture despite said culture not caring for such values within their own narrative? That hardly seems fair. You're more emotionally involved in japanese stories, and that's not a problem, but to say that because of that they now hold a moral obligation that we do not is just plain incorrect. Heck, if we were to decide this by majority, then despite our opinions on the anime industry, jersey shore gets better viewership than index ever will in north america. If anyone was going to have an obligation to maintain american values it would be the american networks because based on your argument, due to the vast majority of people who can relate to american media more, the burden would fall on their shoulders

Cleaned post, again. Please remember to take caution in everything you quote.
desolatoNov 25, 2010 1:00 PM
Nov 21, 2010 6:56 PM
Dec 2009
This arc is stupid. There are too many illogical loopholes to make Index a serious anime. So much so that the unbelievability of the pointless storyline to be on par with some dragonball series.

First the satellite. Why in the world would they look for parts that are already broken?
Technology doesn't work like that.
Seriously if they want to rebuild is they have blueprints, they have COMPUTER 3d models, and most likely tested prototypes, more than enough to produce another satellite.

Given that satellites take years to build, and technology improves in bounds, their existing technology can build another one quicker and cheaper.

This aint the dark ages for shit's sakes. They can build something as ridiculous as a giant skating mecha with rocket punching ability and they can make thousands of clones and reattach back a supernatural arm just like they were new yet they can't for some inane not explained reason use their insane amount of resources to build another.

I found this plothole to be utterly stupid and make this whole arc pointless. I think this anime is on par with the rest of the brainless animes.

You can say "oh it's just an anime", but I think it's such an idiotic story mechanism to drive this plot, goven it has 'science' as their main underlying theme. I give it 1 out of 5.

Was the same storyline supposed to be the same as form the manga? If it is, *scoff*
KathyKaboomNov 21, 2010 7:11 PM
Nov 21, 2010 7:22 PM

Sep 2008
KathyKaboom said:
This arc is stupid. There are too many illogical loopholes to make Index a serious anime. So much so that the unbelievability of the pointless storyline to be on par with some dragonball series.

First the satellite. Why in the world would they look for parts that are already broken?
Technology doesn't work like that.
Seriously if they want to rebuild is they have blueprints, they have COMPUTER 3d models, and most likely tested prototypes, more than enough to produce another satellite.

Given that satellites take years to build, and technology improves in bounds, their existing technology can build another one quicker and cheaper.

This aint the dark ages for shit's sakes. They can build something as ridiculous as a giant skating mecha with rocket punching ability and they can make thousands of clones and reattach back a supernatural arm just like they were new yet they can't for some inane not explained reason use their insane amount of resources to build another.

I found this plothole to be utterly stupid and make this whole arc pointless. I think this anime is on par with the rest of the brainless animes.

You can say "oh it's just an anime", but I think it's such an idiotic story mechanism to drive this plot, goven it has 'science' as their main underlying theme. I give it 1 out of 5.

Was the same storyline supposed to be the same as form the manga? If it is, *scoff*
um... except that the technology used in the tree diagram is largely top secret, so other nations don't have access to it. Also building a new one wouldn't regain all the data the old contained. You can build a new hard drive, it still won't get you back all the homework you lost. Not to mention much of the information held on it is also top secret and highly volatile on a political level, valuable both for blackmailing academy city, as well as attaining technology they have kept to themselves. Of course the other countries want it, and of course academy city wants to keep it out of their hands.
Nov 21, 2010 7:34 PM
Dec 2007
Gangler said:
um... except that the technology used in the tree diagram is largely top secret, so other nations don't have access to it. Also building a new one wouldn't regain all the data the old contained. You can build a new hard drive, it still won't get you back all the homework you lost. Not to mention much of the information held on it is also top secret and highly volatile on a political level, valuable both for blackmailing academy city, as well as attaining technology they have kept to themselves. Of course the other countries want it, and of course academy city wants to keep it out of their hands.
Well answered. Every country knows that your top secret technology should either be destroyed before it falls on enemy hands or recovered and kept safe. The people trying to get their hands on the Tree Diagram data are not Academy City, they are external organizations and countries that wanted to steal the Remnants of the satellite. And seriously, nitpicking about this in a show about magic !!! People can learn powers just by going through medical and psychological therapies for crying out loud. Or praying to god. Expecting a lot of realism in a show about magical powers is idiotic.

Nov 21, 2010 8:21 PM

Mar 2010
Amazing episode! I didn't have much respect for Kuroku before, but now it's a different story. I could definitely call her a champ after getting shot, thrown around, having multiple chairs dropped on her. Yeah, she's good, she's good. (^.^) Now that I think about it, we barely seen Misaka throughout this arc. Not that im upset, but it's a bit of a let down. Well, whatever. Next episode looks pretty cool! Misaka's mother is steppin' into the scene. Looking forward to the next!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

138 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.