Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2008 7:51 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode, and I will miss Kally terribly...

May 30, 2008 10:14 PM

Feb 2008
Who's willing to bet that he will make an unwelcome return in a later episode?

I sure hope so.
May 30, 2008 10:59 PM

Feb 2007
Another good episode. Why did Kally have to go first...I thought it would be Uta.

Animus said earlier that it might end with a JilxFatina pairing instead of a JilxKaaya pairing. As each episode passes, I seem to agree more and more. Especially when I saw the scene when Fatina said goodbye to Jil. Jil was being smitten, and it looks like Fatina is going to be in for a rollercoaster ride now that things have become really serious. I can see her image of Neeba declining in the near-future.
May 30, 2008 11:12 PM

Oct 2007
NUUUUUUUUU!!!!! KALLYYYYYYYY!!!!
HE WAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!
WHYYYYYYYYY?!?!? T^T
May 30, 2008 11:32 PM

Jun 2007
Kally died!!!???
May 30, 2008 11:34 PM
Mar 2008
what the hell... i wasn't expecting a main character dieing =\
May 31, 2008 3:58 AM

Apr 2008
i'm sure kkally will be back... remember the reflection on the water?

May 31, 2008 4:51 AM

Mar 2008
hmm well it was a good episode...the mised up pairing of characters worked well in their development.
and i'm really curious what Jil's fate will be if he conquers the tower and all...doesn't seem to be good...(blue haired girl and kaaya seem to know it all, but aint sharing it)

BlueYoshi said:

Animus said earlier that it might end with a JilxFatina pairing instead of a JilxKaaya pairing. As each episode passes, I seem to agree more and more. Especially when I saw the scene when Fatina said goodbye to Jil. Jil was being smitten, and it looks like Fatina is going to be in for a rollercoaster ride now that things have become really serious. I can see her image of Neeba declining in the near-future.

well i got to agree about the Neeba image, as she doesn't agree on how Neeba accepts Kally's death...the pairing well..i'm not so sure about that, atm it seems Kaaya has Jil wrapped around her finger pretty well

MAL list updates
Jun 1, 2008 11:22 AM

Feb 2008
I too liked the mixed pairings, and I kind of wished they had done a little more with it, but either way, it was a good episode.
I can't wait to see Kaaya's betrayal (because that has to come, right?) and what it consists of.
Jun 1, 2008 4:01 PM

Oct 2007
Kally's dead was too sudden! At least I definitely didn't expect that. Plus I think his death was a bit weird because his eyes turned black >.> (or was that his make-up? lol)

I can also sense that Jil will be together with Fatina in the end.

Oh well, as for the plot, there's still a lot left unsaid. x_x
Jun 1, 2008 7:19 PM

Aug 2007
I'm not quite sure how the episode started O_o but yeah...definitely adds to the "kaaya betrayal thing" brought up in the last episode..or atleast I thought that chick was talking about her. My prediction is that Jil's team and Neebas team will join up since Kally died, I mean three people aint gonna make it.

"The two paths of man and beast intertwine to create a spiral path! Piercing destiny as yesterday's enemies and creating a new path with these hands! The Union of Fate--GURREN-LAGANN! Who the hell do you think we are!?"
Jun 1, 2008 7:51 PM
May 2008
did Kally really died?
Jun 1, 2008 9:18 PM

Jun 2007
I wanna know who that blue/green haired chick is...
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Jun 2, 2008 2:20 AM

Feb 2008
can't believe kally really died, that's too sudden. i cannot help but feel that he may return later on.

Jun 2, 2008 5:22 AM
Dec 2007
BlueYoshi said:
Another good episode. Why did Kally have to go first...I thought it would be Uta.

Looks strange to me that Kaaya and Jil hold hands in the opening if they aren't destined to be paired at the end of the series... It would be the only Japanese series to give false information in its opening and it would go against the development of the characters too, so I don't expect a Jil X Neeba pairing personnally.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 2, 2008 1:38 PM

Feb 2008
calaveth said:
I too liked the mixed pairings, and I kind of wished they had done a little more with it, but either way, it was a good episode.
I can't wait to see Kaaya's betrayal (because that has to come, right?) and what it consists of.

Same here. I really enjoy anime shows which suprise me and remain unpredictable. And "Tower of Druaga" falls into this genre for me. ^^

From my point of view it can not end with an Jil X Fatina pairing, since the hilarious first episode showed what is NOT going to happen throughout the show!

Well, I have to reconsider this, since Kally was dying after he said he wants to bring wealth to his poor hometown. Also Ahmeys former lover was killed after confessing to her. Both scenes are similar to the parodic "marriage => death" scenes from the first episode. So all in all there are still some cliches in this show ;)

Jacut said:

... so I don't expect a Jil X Neeba pairing personnally.

Jil X Neeba? o.O
Well at least it would be quite a surprise!
FTGTJun 15, 2008 2:34 PM
Jun 2, 2008 7:36 PM

Nov 2007
Faust87 said:

The reflection in the water was the setup for the fake Kally to attack Neeba and Kaaya.

monkat said:
I'm not quite sure how the episode started O_o but yeah...definitely adds to the "kaaya betrayal thing" brought up in the last episode..or atleast I thought that chick was talking about her. My prediction is that Jil's team and Neebas team will join up since Kally died, I mean three people aint gonna make it.

With Neeba's strength and knowledge of the tower, they could make it. But Jil's team and Neeba's team joining up will probably happen. It will probably set things up for Neeba betraying Jil as one of the 3 betrayals. Which leaves no clues to the the third one.
Jun 3, 2008 5:20 AM

Feb 2008
WTF! Kally died? I'm pissed >=(

Jun 3, 2008 7:22 AM

Sep 2007
Faust87 said:

Though I still think he will come back I don't think it has to do with his reflection... after all that was already explained. Mirrors and reflections crate those reversed evil clone things.
Jun 3, 2008 10:32 AM

May 2007
MIght seem silly but Ithink Fatina is the one person Jil can trust, I don't know.

And Kally can't be dead, he lived in the fantasy, he lived.

My anime list
Jun 3, 2008 12:47 PM
May 2008
Kally...go later!!!!

Medium episode
Jun 4, 2008 9:29 PM

May 2008
Fatina's been annoying the whole time but it seemed like she was slightly less annoying this episode. Kally's death was way too sudden, but the fight with Pazuz was pretty cool.

Overall it was better than the last episode, but still meh.
Jun 6, 2008 5:12 AM

Mar 2008
Here is what I think. 1. Kaya should not betray Jil but the illusion is very dirty on her thoughts because of her role and class. Priestess are extremely empathic so illusions with emotional value can be dangerous. In the end Jill might change her perhaps she may betray him three times but the message he got in the 8th episode would mean not to give because in the end Kaya may be his eternal partner even though the betrayals. I still wonder what is in the coffin other than a forbidden weapon? I still think Neeba and Fatina might betray Jill.
Jun 9, 2008 5:00 AM

Aug 2007
Lots of things happening.
I wonder what was so interesting in that coffin that Kally had to die for. Kaaya's mysterious personality shows yet again and some of Ahmeh's past.
All in all it was ok.
Jun 9, 2008 5:04 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Interesting episode, was nice to watch.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 9, 2008 11:17 AM

Feb 2008
well given an anime like this, anything can happen. i think pairings kinda detract from a show like this...but oh well. lets see what happens next...
Jan 3, 2009 11:49 PM

Nov 2008
The dialogues were great. I liked this episode very much.
Sep 11, 2009 7:47 PM

Aug 2009
I wonder what's this betrayal thing about Kaaya.
and who's this Blue succubus!

Poor Kally, you'll be remembered in our hearts.
Sep 20, 2009 2:00 PM

Aug 2009
This anime is has very chaotic plot.
I dunno if this is on purpose or it's just stupid, but the fact is that I'm getting seriously bored with this.
Jan 21, 2010 8:20 PM

Dec 2008
NOOOOO why did Kally have to die dammnit? T_T

& &
Sep 9, 2010 1:36 AM
Jul 2009
Wow, I really like how they portrayed Kally's death. Wasn't drawn out or anything. It just sorta happened. Kinda gives credence to the fact the tower is deadly.

This episode makes it seem like the story will actually get good.

On another note: I always watch the OP in hopes of seeing an anime like it.
abandoned2014Sep 9, 2010 1:40 AM
Sep 2, 2011 3:05 PM

Oct 2010
Good episode. I agree with unlisted above, loved how Kelly just died without any drama. It was, how should I put this... really realistic. Shame that he died.

The pairing were interesting, their personality was fleshed out more. And of course, I loved Fatina's legs in that scene when she was talking with Jil. What, just stating my opinion :3
Jun 15, 2014 10:36 PM

Aug 2013
Kally :( I'm not sad because the character died. I'm sad because I can't hear Ishida Akira's voice anymore.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 14, 2014 6:26 AM

Aug 2013
That's a great death.. not overly dramatic.. just nice.
Kaaya is getting on my nerves.. Fatina ftw !!
Sep 13, 2021 10:17 PM

Aug 2018
Well This show is underrated if the last comment was 7 years ago, this show is too silly to kill off characters big mistake wrong tone
Oct 31, 2023 3:58 AM

Dec 2018
that was sad; i wonder what that pazoozoo or whatever's problem is.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Windspirit - Jun 20, 2008

118 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 31, 2023 5:34 AM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk Episode 11 Discussion

Bunji - Jun 13, 2008

39 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 13, 2022 2:20 AM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

TheWestExit - Apr 4, 2008

171 by sedziwoj »»
Sep 2, 2022 2:27 PM

» I Just want to know about something the happened at the anime.

AyanDrako - Oct 4, 2020

1 by mottowers »»
Jan 18, 2021 5:40 PM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk Episode 7 Discussion

Queen - May 16, 2008

28 by KR_P »»
May 8, 2020 12:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.