Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2010 10:04 AM

Jun 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Hmm bit of a rushed and disapointing end. Wish they would just made it into one Chapter about how there older and stuff. Also why did he give her away so easely! Pff It's to bad but still a Great manga.

Feb 25, 2011 12:19 PM
Sep 2009
I loved the ending.
I think what we really needed to know is who Yuzuyu was going to stay.
Kippey in the end was the more mature of them all. He though what was best for Yuzuyu and forget his own pain.
That is a big lesson. I loved the ending. I couldnt end in a better way, even if ti was really sad.
Mar 16, 2011 4:18 PM

Mar 2010
She is back in touch with Shou-chan!
Feb 27, 2012 10:48 AM

Aug 2010
That was a pretty rushed ending. It was a great series.
Jan 24, 2014 8:38 PM
Dec 2013
I wanted to see kokoro and kippei older and married and happy...why only yuzuru :(
Oct 24, 2014 8:38 AM

Aug 2011
iBananaMonkey said:
I wanted to see kokoro and kippei older and married and happy...why only yuzuru :(
me too :(,
Dec 22, 2014 6:51 PM
Jun 2012
i cant belive she came back and she had the balls to say that the man had conforted her in a lot of ways like wtf. i actually wanted too see if she would actually come over everyday to get yuzuyu back. only things i would have really liked to see is kippei and kokoro older and together and for them to do two extras one about how kippei's sister lost the ability to have kids and also a chapter on her finding someone who accepts her even with that and also find love. overall i loved the manga a whole lot better than the anime version great story.
Aug 3, 2015 11:36 AM

Jun 2014
Well, no one can beat mother. That's just about it. I felt bad for Keppei

Decent ending even though it was rushed.
Pretty good series, lots of sweet scene. The romance was good, but I think the author should have focused more on Kokoro.

6/10
Jan 28, 2016 10:33 AM
Jan 2016
Well I don't read manga so I'm glad the anime didn't end like the manga or I would have cried . Haha was such a sweet anime but
Aug 7, 2019 11:44 PM

Jun 2015
I liked the romance in this a lot. The ending seemed pretty rushed but it wasn't bad.
:)
Jul 20, 2020 11:09 PM
Jul 2020
The art style really improved by the end of the series. Overall, I liked it and it made me happy reading it. The ending was a bit rushed and lackluster, I would've liked to see how all the other characters ended up, like the older sister and younger brother.
Feb 11, 2021 12:05 PM

Oct 2016
Let's see...both the anime and this version are simultaneously better and worse than the other in some aspects and both have a decent ending but neither is completely solid.

I loved both versions but I loved the anime more. Neither of them is great, far from it, but they are both fine.
Sep 12, 2021 6:55 AM
Sep 2020
Ending took a slight shine off an otherwise great manga. Given more chapters, it would have been better if the could have fitted in more of Kippei and Kokoro, not necessarily post ending, but I feel we did not get enough of them in the main story.
Nov 25, 2022 1:37 PM

Oct 2017
Based on that ending I am wondering if the series was cancelled, if so that would explain why the ending was so rushed.
Dec 24, 2022 11:27 PM

Aug 2012
I hated this ending so much.
I feel like this is the type of manga that absolutely could not have such a rushed ending...
Kippei's choice wasn't wrong but this is definitely one of the worst endings ive seen, for the simple fact that her mom only did wrong stuff and we saw Yuzuyu develop with Kippei only for them to have a rushed goodbye and a letter and she goes with her mom...
I regret having read this
Jul 7, 2023 12:20 AM

Dec 2012
Hmm, definitely mixed feelings on that ending there. I wasn't convinced that Miyako was ready to raise Yuzuyu and I actually liked the (other) mom's solution best. If Miyako wanted to be part of Yuzuyu's life, coming to see her every day and working on building that relationship back up would have made more sense. It was a huge risk to send Yuzuyu off and the biggest red flag for me was that the step-father was reluctant to help raise her. That said, it still warmed my heart to see how Kippei was willing to sacrifice his own personal satisfaction for Yuzuyu's happiness. He didn't think about the birthday cake nor did he act self-entitled to Yuzuyu for the time he invested into caring for her. He just wanted what was best for her. Even if the ending felt somewhat abrupt, at least the timeskip defused any concerns I had and I nearly cried seeing Yuzuyu grown up. I would have liked to see a bit more of what she was like, but that smile still cheers me up.

I'm glad that I finally gave this a chance. I'm skimming the anime and while I definitely prefer the manga, I'm better appreciating the adaptation for bringing me to this series. Some of the drama, such as stalker girl & Kokoro's harasser, did still feel like a bit of a distraction. That said, the main message of childcare is still conveyed beautifully and I especially enjoyed seeing how Kippei learned how to responsibly nurture his relationships - both with Yuzuyu & Kokoro. And more than anything, I just adore all of the moments where Yuzuyu would look after Kippei (such as bringing him flowers).

7.5/10

One thing I did miss from the anime was Marika's hilarious antics. Shout out to best girl, 10/10 would adopt.
ZekkenshinJul 7, 2023 12:24 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby★★ Chapter 28 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jul 6, 2023

0 by Zekkenshin »»
Jul 6, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Chapter 27 Discussion

accela - May 6, 2008

2 by Zekkenshin »»
Jul 6, 2023 5:03 PM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Chapter 26 Discussion

adamantine - Jul 31, 2009

2 by Zekkenshin »»
Jul 6, 2023 4:48 PM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby★★ Chapter 22 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jul 6, 2023

0 by Zekkenshin »»
Jul 6, 2023 9:44 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Chapter 20 Discussion

accela - May 6, 2008

2 by Zekkenshin »»
Jul 6, 2023 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.