Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2010 6:43 PM

May 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
AngelRaf said:
Rasco said:
PerZona said:
Surprised no ones mentioned this creep.

There so screwed =(

haha yup

Who is that guy? xD
I thought Megumi sent this guy to kill off Kaori's dad or maybe I am mistaken? The pale appearance shows signs of him being a Shiki.

The guy from the new clinic. Looks like the new clinic and funeral home are being run by shikis now (just like the police, as seen in an earlier episode). Not really suprising knowing that they want to make a village for themselves (but I wonder what they'd eat if they succeeded).

Oh, and I don't think Toshio lost is. Only his appearance was bad because he couldn't really sleep for 3 or 4 days, always watching over Kyoko's body, but his mind looked perfectly fine to me. He even wanted to make Kyoko fall asleep (so that she couldn't feel any pain), but none of the drugs worked. He just had to go on with the experiments anyway, since the whole mess would have been meaningless if he hadn't. There was nothing unreasonable in his acts, so I don't think he lost is (and he looked perfectly fine in the next ep's preview too).

Also, I think Kyoko couldn't have been saved anyway, since she already had symptoms that couldn't be cured. Toshio only decided to wait till she turns into a shiki after she died (that's when he told the nurses not to go into Kyoko's room, they all nursed her before that).
Nov 6, 2010 6:55 PM

Aug 2009
Dude, Toshio is freakin awesome. He saw what he had to do, and he did it. I was afraid he was going to wimp out and end up being another entrée on a platter for the Shiki, like Natsuno. But boy, did he prove me wrong.

Officially my favorite anime. Ever.
Nov 6, 2010 7:14 PM

May 2010
All my impressions are Here http://wp.me/p12uiW-1Iy I must say though that this is a good episode.
Nov 6, 2010 7:28 PM

Dec 2009
LifesHeart said:
Toshio has lost it I felt awful for what he was doing to Kyouko, it was just torturing her...

He didn't lost it he did the right thing.It's like viral_hun said.
Commeon what whould you do if you had someone who turned into shiki,and he or her is in your house.I whould do the same as Toshio,they can't be saved anyway.

Nov 6, 2010 8:43 PM

Apr 2010
I was more disturbed by the image of that certain nurse in her lingerie than the experiment scene.. If I were to erase a scene from that episode from my memory I'd definitely choose the nurse scene.. >.<

I really felt bad for Kyoko, even though I don't really like her.. I hate it that Toshio didn't even gave her a chance to see if she still can be saved, guess he really didn't loved her from the start..

Finally Masao getting his ass getting kicked hard, that was a very satisfying scene..

JustRad said:
also

haha, this one goes into my personal LOL images.. XD
Nov 6, 2010 8:58 PM

Aug 2010
tinman21 said:
JustRad said:
also

I'd like to go up her mountain pass, if you know what I mean.
Nov 6, 2010 9:00 PM

May 2010
tinman21 said:
I really felt bad for Kyoko, even though I don't really like her.. I hate it that Toshio didn't even gave her a chance to see if she still can be saved, guess he really didn't loved her from the start..

I'll agree with that. You would think that normally a person would try talking to talk to her first but maybe he was afraid of being tricked?
Also, in my opinion, it was kind of obvious that he didn't love her much. They seemed to be married for convenience rather than love.
Nov 6, 2010 9:33 PM

Dec 2009
Uh, that was disturbing ._. i felt so sorry for her! D:

the doctori has lost it. I wonder what the monks going to do...

My favourite part of this ep was megumi beating up creepy dude.
Uh, i hate him D<
Nov 7, 2010 1:45 AM

Nov 2008
JustRad said:
also

I call "Gandalf" hairstyle "Cthulhu" . The only main character with quite normal hair is Tooru, I actually met a guy with identical curly hair on the bus (and tried very hard not to LOL)
Nov 7, 2010 2:30 AM

Dec 2009
GennyMon said:

Uh, i hate him D<

I didn't like Kyoko so I didn't feel sorry for her.And she became a shiki,so she couldn't be saved anyway.

The doctor didn't lost it.How much times do I have to say it?!
Someone had to do it.He didn't sleep thats why he looked like that.But he is really smart,and he did the right thing...

I agree with the Megumi thing x)
First good thing Megumi did!

Nov 7, 2010 4:38 AM
Jun 2008
finally Toshio can have a good nap.He look very tired
Nov 7, 2010 4:46 AM

Sep 2009
viral_hun said:
Looks like the new clinic and funeral home are being run by shikis now (just like the police, as seen in an earlier episode). Not really suprising knowing that they want to make a village for themselves (but I wonder what they'd eat if they succeeded).
They won't be shortage of human supplies as they have already started attacking in a big city.
Nov 7, 2010 8:50 AM

Nov 2009
That was... BRUTAL! Can't remember the last time i saw something this cruel. With the feeling of helplessness, the 'madness'. It wasn't easy for the doctor. She was his wife after all, but he had to do it. He didn't allow his feelings to confuse him. Poor shiki ;_;. The world is a battle of survival.
Nov 7, 2010 8:52 AM
Jun 2010
Awesome episode, this show has some very interesting themes.

The doctor did what someone had to, he got information on how to deal with the shikis and, maybe more importantly, solid proof on their existence. I don't see why so many think hes gone nuts or something. He seemed sane, just very tired, both mentally and physically.

It would have been better if he also had talked to Kyouko beside just experimenting on her, but I suppose that would have been too much for him. It would be even harder to regard something as a 'monster' if it talks and behaves just like a person you care about. Can't see any other reason why he gagged and didn't interrogate her. He's a tough person being able to kill his emotions and do what obviously must be done, even if it is highly disturbing or 'inhuman'. Of course Kyouko wasn't at fault either, she was just unlucky and hopefully her sacrifice will save many other lives.

Despite being very similar to humans and being spawned of humans how can you treat them as if they actually were humans? They are supernatural creatures and on a higher level in the food chain, hence 'monsters' for humans. If sheep had the intelligence and power to fight against human domination shouldn't they do it? Humans are sheep for the shikis, thus if you think humankind is something valuable there is no logical reason to 'feel sorry' about killing shikis. Ah well, logic and emotions don't always mix well...
MagebaneNov 7, 2010 9:21 AM
Nov 7, 2010 9:58 AM

Apr 2009
Poor Kyoko. She don't knew what's going on. But Toshio had to know about shiki and how to kill them...
Nov 7, 2010 11:29 AM
May 2010
AngelRaf said:
GennyMon said:

Uh, i hate him D<

I didn't like Kyoko so I didn't feel sorry for her.And she became a shiki,so she couldn't be saved anyway.

The doctor didn't lost it.How much times do I have to say it?!
Someone had to do it.He didn't sleep thats why he looked like that.But he is really smart,and he did the right thing...

Is that so? Aren't vampires human beings as well? Can we clearly say that they are not? Maybe he did what had to be done from his point of view to prove the existence of shiki. But it is at least questionable if it was "right".
Nov 7, 2010 11:42 AM

Dec 2009
-Vid said:

Still wonder if Natsuno will raise up?;o

Of course he will!!! Don't even dare to think he wont x)

Nov 7, 2010 2:40 PM
Apr 2010
creepy,poor kyoko...I'm sad for her =(
Nov 7, 2010 3:30 PM

Sep 2009
Wow, that was just... hard to watch. This is what this show should have been.

Seriously, I'm impressed.
Nov 7, 2010 4:04 PM

Jul 2010
Episode masterpiece

Nov 7, 2010 7:14 PM
Jun 2008
Awesome episode.

Now if only Ozaki can do something this brutal to that bastard Tatsumi. That'd be the greatest.
Nov 7, 2010 7:17 PM

Jan 2008
Holy crap that was disturbing.
Nov 7, 2010 9:00 PM

Jun 2008
Disturbing but definitely the best episode so far. This series is really getting good.
Nov 7, 2010 10:00 PM

Aug 2008
A highlight here for me was how the scientific method was implemented in order to connect the superstitions of vampires/undead with reality. In the end, though, all it takes to kill a vampire just has to be a stake to the heart! Who knew, eh?
Nov 7, 2010 10:52 PM

Jul 2010
Awww, Natsuno getting creamated/ It can't be! D: Loved how Megumi beat that werido skinny dude up. I hate that guy. Megumi is still a bitch for upsetting Kaori like that. :(

Haha...old lady is hella rich wtf? And what's with that nightie...um

Whooooa O_o That was intense, almost make me feel like throwing up. Very disturbing. I could never do that to someone I knew, even for the sake of knowing how to kill the rest of my enemies. gahhhhh I hope I don't have any fucked up dreams of my bf trying to kill me tonight. xD
Nov 8, 2010 11:46 AM

Feb 2008
A man's got to do, what a man's got to do
Nov 8, 2010 12:36 PM

May 2010
Xelzy said:
A man's got to do, what a man's got to do

Seems destiny ends with me saving you. Ten points to whoever knows the reference. :p
Nov 8, 2010 12:39 PM

Feb 2009
That docter is scarier than all shiki together. XDDD
Nov 8, 2010 12:43 PM

Jul 2009
Holy shit.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Nov 8, 2010 1:01 PM

Jul 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
My god, my eyes were glued to Kyoko's pantsu.

FixT.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Nov 8, 2010 2:39 PM

Sep 2009
I pity Masao. He does not deserve so much hate, he's just misunderstood D: Well done Kyoko's death, she was a bitch -.- but i feel sorry for her...
If vampires die in sunlight, i say, shiki are technically vampires, no? so, why Kyoko's skin returned to normal after the burn? o_o
FuurudeNov 10, 2010 9:23 AM
Nov 8, 2010 4:28 PM

Jul 2010
lo-chan said:
I pity Masao. He does not deserve so much hate, he's just misunderstood D: Well done Kyoko's death, she was a bitch -.-
If vampires die in sunlight, i say, shiki are technically vampires, no? so, why Kyoko's skin returned to normal after the burn? o_o
I don't know if they're technically considered vampires in this show or not, but they do share many of their vulnerabilities it seems. I think her skin returned to normal after the burn because she was out of the sunlight, and since the Shiki have extreme healing powers (as the doctor has shown us), that is why it returned to normal so fast.
Nov 8, 2010 5:13 PM

Jan 2009
oh god I was trying to eat diner to... :x

but defiantly a 5/5 though.....
Nov 8, 2010 5:26 PM

Jun 2008
I love this show xD every ep is 5/5 :D can't believe it's more than half over though T-T
Nov 8, 2010 6:26 PM

Jun 2008
OH WOW, I can't believe what I just saw!!!

My jaw was literally on the floor the last 2-3 minutes, incredible stuff!!!
Nov 8, 2010 7:54 PM

Jul 2007
That was brutal!

I feel sorry for his wife, poor thing.
Nov 8, 2010 10:58 PM

Jul 2007
Ahhhhh! Toshio has lost it.... I hope Natsuno rises up in the next few episodes. It would be very disappointing if he really was cremated.
by Baka-Chibi

Nov 8, 2010 11:01 PM

May 2010
crystalangel23 said:
Ahhhhh! Toshio has lost it.... I hope Natsuno rises up in the next few episodes. It would be very disappointing if he really was cremated.

They can't put all that time into developing his character and having him be one of THE main characters and then just get rid of him.
Nov 9, 2010 4:54 AM

Aug 2009
Well, that was disturbing. I don't know who I felt worse for, Kyouko or Toshio. Probably Toshio...

Epic ending 'Help me clean this up'
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Nov 9, 2010 8:27 AM

Dec 2009
Pheefa said:

Epic ending 'Help me clean this up'

lol'd so hard x)
Hope there will be more episodes like that!

Nov 9, 2010 1:10 PM

Jun 2010
Im dying to see the next episode after Toshio finally turned ballistic at the ending =)! I want to see Natsuno turned... damn, I cant understand why he doesnt like Megumi
Nov 9, 2010 1:51 PM
Sep 2010
damn it

Nov 9, 2010 2:46 PM

Jan 2009
Cruel but definitely one of the best episodes so far.
Nov 9, 2010 3:03 PM

Sep 2009
Simply the best so far.
Nov 9, 2010 3:37 PM

Jun 2009
Oh man, this was even better than manga. My regards fot the creators.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 9, 2010 4:37 PM

Jun 2008
waiting for every next ep is just becoming more and more painful! 8T
Nov 9, 2010 5:06 PM

Feb 2010
Shadoww said:
waiting for every next ep is just becoming more and more painful! 8T

Agreed. It's almost unbearable. lol.

I can't imagine what's going to happen next... this is one of those few anime that goes various directions I can't even imagine....

OrochiPL said:
Oh man, this was even better than manga. My regards fot the creators.

I haven't read the manga... but I am VERY pleased this show has even surpassed the expectations for those who have read it....
Nov 9, 2010 7:09 PM

Nov 2007
whoa the ending was as intense and disturbing as I would of guessed. Ozaki kinda has lost it. I'm guessing the monk is going to be very apalled. somebody had to step up and find a weakness or something that stops the shiki and Ozaki did it in a very extreme way. I don't think the monk is going to be very helpful but is he really just gonna sit back and let everyone die?

I really hate Megumi and all but seeing her beat up that weirdo creep was pretty amusing.

I'd read the manga but the anime is doing a great job building suspense and I don't want to kill the build up now. to think this started off so slow and has gotten much better.
Nov 9, 2010 9:33 PM

Mar 2010
I've seen a lot of gruesome things in my life. Whether it was real, anime, television, movies, and so on and so forth. But the last scene of this episode, was sheer disturbing. It honestly felt like I was watching a animated scene of the Nazi experiments. (Of that sort) <- *Please don't make references. I know what really happened* Nontheless, brilliant episode. I love how Ozaki has totally lost his mind, with a perfect, brutal ending to match. I got a little emotional watching his wife cry while he was doing all those things to her, though. (-'.'-) But, I guess it was with the intention of saving more than just one person. Looking forward to a stunning next episode!
Nov 10, 2010 5:34 AM

Dec 2009
fckyeahanimes said:
Im dying to see the next episode after Toshio finally turned ballistic at the ending =)! I want to see Natsuno turned... damn, I cant understand why he doesnt like Megumi

Because she is annoying :O

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.