Forum Settings
Forums
New
Korean drama vs Japanese drama
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2014 11:24 AM
Mar 2011
heliotrope said:
Hmm both are good but I prefer korean more cuz their actors,plot and sound tracks r way better compared to jap but that may be just my opinion. I'm currently watching rooftop prince and the innocent man. Both r amazing works

right some one just dose not watch the best
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 2, 2014 11:28 AM
Dec 2013
Korean dramas, Japanese dramas are usually terrible.
Apr 2, 2014 3:05 PM

Jul 2013
Definitely korean.
Apr 2, 2014 3:20 PM
Jan 2014
Korean ones focus too much on romance, no matter what the main genre is there's always romance. They've only recently explored supernatural and ancient genre but before that it was mostly romance and drama.
Japanese ones are more broad with their genre and tend to have more "weird/creative" genre such as gender bender, body swapping, etc...so it really depends on people's mood. Although I have seen more Korean ones but in recent years, I have gotten bored of them because the feels to every drama is the same.
I sometimes watch Japanese when I want to enjoy some mystery/solving crimes like Mr.brain without too much romance sidetrack.
Apr 3, 2014 1:12 PM

Apr 2009
I could understand if some people are saying they are both awful I would have said so years back but was proven wrong when I've actually watch lots of them. I think this has to do with the culture, generally though, people who have been expose to more Hollywood series so they compare the acting of jdrama,kdrama to Hollywood acting and they tend to like what they usually see. It's probably just a guess but people who have seen only jdrama/kdrama then suddenly watched a hollywood series would probably say the same.

I watched both but I like Japanese Drama better.

There's more value to pick up on Jdrama than Kdrama.
Kdrama probably has a policy of keeping romance in check lol Every kdrama I watched has romance with the exception of their movies, I like romance drama but it only needs to be there when it is required it sometime felt like they just want to drag the series longer so it doesn't feel natural -_-
Jdrama has a wide variation of genres whereas, recent Kdrama are a mixed of romance and fantasy the genre is getting too boring and also the excessive exposure of that specifically-made-for-film-historical-location-to-shoot I think that they just make a historical drama just so they can use that location and they are way too many of them now.

But I must admit that it really shows how Kdrama really spent for their productions.
enixelaApr 3, 2014 1:15 PM
Apr 3, 2014 1:28 PM

Apr 2012
I've watched only K dramas but got really sick of them. If you thought anime was full of cliche tropes, K dramas are chalk full of them.
I've watched a lot of Hong Kong dramas since I understand Cantonese. HK dramas seem to be more diverse.

Jul 25, 2014 12:00 AM

Nov 2011
korean dramas was a lot better than japanese dramas. for me japanese actors are trying to act cute and making the show feel like an anime. eww. but others were okay like bloody monday and hana kimi. but anime was the best. lololol
[center]
Aug 15, 2014 7:53 AM

Jul 2014
I never really watched Japanese dramas. Only Korean ones, tbh. But I've seen weak Korean dramas too, so I personally think it depends.
Aug 15, 2014 8:13 AM
May 2014
Korean D are quality, Japanese D are decent.
Aug 15, 2014 9:02 AM
Dec 2012
Japanese dramas are better.

With Korean dramas its always the same story in almost every fucking show. there's always the rich and/or famous asshole "oppas" who look down on others, then there's the peasant girl and the jealous bitches with their fancy clothes and their horrible parents.

And I prefer watching real humans and not some idol dolls with their million won nose surgeries.
幾千光年の孤独
Sep 2, 2014 9:05 AM

Aug 2014
_allen said:
korean dramas was a lot better than japanese dramas. for me japanese actors are trying to act cute and making the show feel like an anime. eww. but others were okay like bloody monday and hana kimi. but anime was the best. lololol

Japanese actually was born to be like that, I think.. my friends from Japan, the way she interacts look like same as anime chara.. acting cute, the way she speaking, aww man.. That's why i hate her...
Sep 2, 2014 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
watch GTO 2012 best japanese drama.
Oct 25, 2014 7:57 PM
Oct 2014
Sorry if I offend anyone. But I think people who haven't even tried one of them shouldn't vote.

Watching both would give a true and non-biased view.

I do watch both and this question intrigue me too.

I watch more korean dramas than japanese dramas but if I sit down and think about it. I think I like J-dorama more.

I think acting does not have to do with the beauty of the person. Ofcourse Korean drama have beautiful leads. But Jdrama also has a fair share of handsome/ beautiful people
Oct 25, 2014 8:03 PM

Feb 2013
To be perfectly honest, I like Korean dramas a lot more. I've been into them lately.

Oct 31, 2014 8:16 PM

Dec 2012
I prefer K-drama, their quality is higher and they put more budget in their works. While J-drama , I think their actors can't actually act.
But, i did't watch them anymore, lately.

Oct 31, 2014 8:19 PM
Sep 2014
Koreans have dramas?
Nov 1, 2014 5:10 PM

Sep 2014
Japanese drama is so bad. It just feels like they are trying to make anime with real people.
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
Nov 1, 2014 5:12 PM

Jun 2014
Rokumi said:
Koreans have dramas?

Yeah, it's actually pretty good.
May 20, 2015 8:29 AM

Apr 2010
Yeah I undeniably agree to the good looking part of korean dramas, but not all of them are all about lovey Dovey. Some dramas have plot, well-written, splendid acting and the picture is good too. For examples, I hear your voice, Pinocchio, Emergency couple, it's okay this is love, stairway to heaven and of course Dae Jung geum. Also, I strongly suggest you guys should go try this korean drama called 'I hear your voice'. It has everything that you're looking for; plot, handsome actors(Lee jong suk to be particular)/actresses, beautiful video, noona relationship ;P etc.
bonauditeurMay 29, 2015 10:44 PM
I feel so blue ... you are my world ... but you are not mine
May 20, 2015 8:42 AM

Apr 2010
SweetSaya19 said:
Korean drama are soo much better because the plot are good and the actors playing are good looking unlike jap drama.
When ever I was jap drama I get soo disgusted by the actors playing it because there not cute. All the guys look bad in jap drama.
In korean drama the musics in the background are way better too.

This is exactly how I feel xD your comment slays haha I used to love or rather crazy toward japanese ost but now I am bored of it. And I think the Korean Ost is better too.

Anyway K drama all the way ✌
bonauditeurMay 29, 2015 11:38 PM
May 20, 2015 11:08 AM

Aug 2014
Does Korea have Kamen Rider?

No

Do they at least have a good Tokusatsu show like Ultraman Nexus?

No

So I prefer Japanese.
May 20, 2015 11:25 AM

Aug 2014
shinigamidono said:
Japanese are great voice actors but horrible actors...
If you want to find good Japanese actors, don't watch stupid shows where the main cast are In their early 20s. FFS
May 20, 2015 2:26 PM

Mar 2013
I'm more familiar with Korean drama, but one of my favorite drama of all time happen to be Japanese. Both countries create great dramas, it just so happens that Korea has more.
May 21, 2015 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
K-Dramaaaaaa
May 21, 2015 9:07 PM

Oct 2013
all of them are shit, mexican telenovelas ftw
Jul 3, 2015 3:50 AM

Sep 2009
To be honest neither i don't care about plastic surgery nor hotness of Korean male actors are so i'll judge as unbiased and objective person; (those are only my opinons)

Acting: Korean actors are better than Japanese actors, because as far as i've seen from Japanese movies and dramas Japanese actors are seem to be forced to acting and reading only scripts with no emotions and expressions. But Korean actors are putting all feelings in it and makes you feel like it's real. (Ofc no mention about Korean "idol rom-com" dramas which is worst for me.)

Story: Japanese drama wins this one. Korean drama always follow the clichés and makes you bored after some time. Japanese dramas are tend to have different story and far to clichés even if genres are the same.

Production: Both. We can see well constructed dramas/movies from Korea and Japan. For me, it depends to how screenwriter/director is doing his job.

Music: I'll go for Korean. Because almost all Korean dramas have well-made orchestral soundtracks and makes me have goosebumps. Especially check out historical drama soundtracks and seriously some of them makes me intrigued. But Japanese drama soundtracks never impressed me downloading immediately. (i only enjoyed Iryuu-Team Medical Dragon ost made by Sawano Hiroyuki)

If i need to feel in-depth of emotions (laughing, crying) i'd rather Korean which has great soundtracks and realistic acting in terms of make you feel the atmosphere well but if i need to less emotional one (like medical/detective/sci-fi) i'd rather Japanese, and i do think Japanese have more plot twists.

About animations, i'd rather Japan for sure that have better voice acting and animation ;)

Jul 3, 2015 3:51 AM
Mar 2011
Nordavind said:
To be honest neither i don't care about plastic surgery nor hotness of Korean male actors are so i'll judge as unbiased and objective person; (those are only my opinons)

Acting: Korean actors are better than Japanese actors, because as far as i've seen from Japanese movies and dramas Japanese actors are seem to be forced to acting and reading only scripts with no emotions and expressions. But Korean actors are putting all feelings in it and makes you feel like it's real. (Ofc no mention about Korean "idol rom-com" dramas which is worst for me.)

Story: Japanese drama wins this one. Korean drama always follow the clichés and makes you bored after some time. Japanese dramas are tend to have different story and far to clichés even if genres are the same.

Production: Both. We can see well constructed dramas/movies from Korea and Japan. For me, it depends to how screenwriter/director is doing his job.

Music: I'll go for Korean. Because almost all Korean dramas have well-made orchestral soundtracks and makes me have goosebumps. Especially check out historical drama soundtracks and seriously some of them makes me intrigued. But Japanese drama soundtracks never impressed me downloading immediately. (i only enjoyed Iryuu-Team Medical Dragon ost made by Sawano Hiroyuki)

If i need to feel in-depth of emotions (laughing, crying) i'd rather Korean which has great soundtracks and realistic acting in terms of make you feel the atmosphere well but if i need to less emotional one (like medical/detective/sci-fi) i'd rather Japanese, and i do think Japanese have more plot twists.

About animations, i'd rather Japan for sure that have better voice acting and animation ;)

what of lyrical music
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jul 3, 2015 3:55 AM

Aug 2014
FGAU1912 said:
Nordavind said:

what of lyrical music
Japan wins that obviously.
Jul 3, 2015 4:07 AM
Mar 2011
MechaKiryu said:
FGAU1912 said:

what of lyrical music
Japan wins that obviously.

we do indeed

Jul 3, 2015 4:11 AM

Sep 2009
FGAU1912 said:
Nordavind said:

what of lyrical music

not lyrical music but instrumental music like this;

if you found that above overly-emo for your taste try those;

Jul 3, 2015 4:26 AM
Mar 2011
Nordavind said:
FGAU1912 said:

what of lyrical music

not lyrical music but instrumental music like this;

if you found that above overly-emo for your taste try those;

i was after your view on the lyrical music

Korean acting is very Americanized as is wrtiing

Jul 3, 2015 4:33 AM

Jan 2013
Bullshit, Korean acting/storytelling is nowhere near the same as to what's shown on American TV. Get that ignorant shit outta here.
Jul 3, 2015 4:39 AM
Mar 2011
OkayCaim said:
Bullshit, Korean acting/storytelling is nowhere near the same as to what's shown on American TV. Get that ignorant shit outta here.
]

they closer than ypu think Korean style is more amaiacanzed just like th nation its self is while Japan has stuck to its traditions exmaple in acting school in japan they still teach Goh play style of acting

Jul 3, 2015 4:41 AM

Sep 2009
FGAU1912 said:

Korean actors (esp. movie actors) trained as studying Film/Acting major in schools like Japanese voice actors have, and especially in historical dramas you can see how elder actors that in supporting roles are doing well job at even how to use their voices well.

Korean actors also skilled with martial arts and roles which request strong body works (like war scenes, martial arts and stuff and they're rarely using stunt actors and they're educated by those as well.)

But of course Hollywood (esp old movies) beats them all. You know this topic is about comparing Japanese and Korean each other as they both are Asian countries.
VargnattJul 3, 2015 4:45 AM

Jul 3, 2015 4:44 AM

Aug 2014
OkayCaim said:
You took FGAU's bait. Lol
Jul 3, 2015 4:47 AM
Mar 2011
Nordavind said:
FGAU1912 said:

Korean actors (esp. film actors) trained by studying Film/Acting major in schools like Japanese voice actors have, and especially in historical dramas you can see how elder actors that in supporting roles are doing well job at even how to use their voices well.

Korean actors also skilled with martial arts and roles which request strong body works (like war scenes, martial arts and stuff and they're rarely using stunt actors and they're educated by those as well.)

But of course Hollywood (esp old movies) beats them all. You know this topic is about compare Japanese and Korean each other as they both are Asian countries.

have you ever watched any Tiga ie Japanese historical Drama doen By NHK

and right Old hollywood Historical movies how the Native amaicain were pprotayed for example

it hugly white washed history in every way whiel Tiga are more historically Accuarte as are Korean historcall drama more accurte than Old hollywood moviws

Jul 3, 2015 4:50 AM
Mar 2011
MechaKiryu said:
OkayCaim said:

its not bait

as a pan Asian Unionist i hate the fact our Korean Brothers are us puppets iv almost every way

Jul 3, 2015 4:55 AM

Sep 2009
FGAU1912 said:

Yep i watched Taiga dramas and they were poorly-made with poorly acting and production. No war, no intrigues and stuff (no offence, i like old Japanese historical movie called "Akahige" it was awesome)

No bashing on Japanese dramas ofc, i'd always rather Japan when it comes to serious stuff (detective/medical/sci-fi etc)

Jul 3, 2015 5:02 AM
Mar 2011
Nordavind said:
FGAU1912 said:

Yep i watched Taiga dramas and they were poorly-made with poorly acting and production. No war, no intrigues and stuff (no offence, i like old Japanese historical movie called "Akahige" it was awesome)

No bashing on Japanese dramas ofc, i'd always rather Japan when it comes to serious stuff (detective/medical/sci-fi etc)

im tlking about historically accurate

il fire bakc with i find alot of Us stuff and korean stuff is over acted by my ideals

the Japanese ideals of Stoicism comes over in acting its not bad acting its how Japanese are

we are still very stoic people

over all China batters both imo

the latest verion of sangou had full szied battles 300,000 plus people the szie of battle that not even hollywood has doen with no CG1 or ecfftacts

Jul 3, 2015 5:04 AM

Jan 2013
FGAU1912 said:
MechaKiryu said:

its not bait

as a pan Asian Unionist i hate the fact our Korean Brothers are us puppets iv almost every way
First off. Asia becoming a union is a crazy fantasy of tinfoil hat equippers. China, nor Korea, nor the Philippines, nor Mongolia, nor Indonesia, nor Vietnam, nor Taiwan will ever unite. Ever.

Second, politics has nothing to do with the entertainment and culture presented here.

Third, Korea is seouly different from the shit shown in America, I'm not seeing any marks of "Americanization" and I'm fuckin American.
Jul 6, 2015 4:44 AM

Apr 2010
If you're lookin for good OSTs of korean dramas, here are some of the best songs:

Jul 6, 2015 4:49 AM
Mar 2011
secretlistener said:
If you're lookin for good OSTs of korean dramas, here are some of the best songs:

i do not like korean idolpop or most idol muisc from Japan

hence why Lyically speaking Japan will always win

since they have had enka rock anison[ for toku] while most korean stuff is idol stuff for lyrical music so that weekens all Korean drama OST

Jul 6, 2015 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
I like both, but I prefer J-dramas more. They are much more fun for me.
Jul 6, 2015 2:32 PM
Jun 2015
Personally, I like K-Dramas more.
Jul 10, 2015 1:04 AM

Jul 2010
Wow. There's so much hate for plastic surgery. :( So people want to see natural beauty then? I'm pretty sure that "natural beauty" isn't what you see on TV, not even on reality TV.

I actually watch K-dramas more than J-dramas, but I prefer the latter. I'm beginning to branch out into Taiwanese dramas.

I prefer J-dramas because they're usually about unity or cohesion between people--friends, family, etc. K-dramas are...well, they almost always have romance in it. It's like they can't separate the idea of female leads and the stupid romance genre. This is probably going to turn into a rant, so I think I'll stop there. >.<

Earlier, I said that I watch K-dramas more than J-dramas. This is because K-dramas are more easily accessible for me. Also, I only watch Asian dramas when I am very, very, very bored. K-dramas are "funner," for the lack of a better word, and they're always gorgeous to look at, but I've yet to find one that's impressed me.
Jul 10, 2015 1:08 AM

Jul 2014
Didn't watch much of either but from what I did watch, I prefer Japanese drama.
Jul 10, 2015 2:16 AM

Jun 2015
Like Taiwanese :)
Jul 10, 2015 10:19 AM

Jun 2013
Both are good, but I like Japanese drama better :3
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Jul 10, 2015 11:12 AM

Dec 2014
I like all Asian dramas about equally but I've seen more Korean so I'll say that.
[center]
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Game of Thrones vs Attack on Titan

DOSS300 - Mar 26

11 by WatchTillTandava »»
13 minutes ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

25 by WatchTillTandava »»
34 minutes ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7587 by SilentAssassin88 »»
4 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3387 by SilentAssassin88 »»
4 hours ago

» This is one the most gay music vids i have seen^^

tsukareru - 7 hours ago

0 by tsukareru »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.