Korean drama vs Japanese drama
Korean Dramas !!
53.3%
Japanese Dramas !!
46.7%
505 votes
Oct 31, 2010 9:36 AM

Jul 2010
Just wanna know what u guys thinks is better !

I like the korean dramas more than Japanese dramas !!! :)

My favorite drama: Boys before Flowers !(korean)

Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2010 9:38 AM
Oct 2010
I like both but I have to go with Korean ones cuz their's are sadder.
Oct 31, 2010 10:24 AM
Jul 2010
If you ask me both are boring, it was hell boring just to finish Winter sonata, it was okay at first, but the more I watched, more I started to hate it, so my opinion both are horrible, can't stand only drama orientated anime, movie etc.
Oct 31, 2010 10:54 AM

Aug 2009
They're both hilariously awful.
Oct 31, 2010 11:07 AM

Jul 2010
Lightyear8684 said:
If you ask me both are boring, it was hell boring just to finish Winter sonata, it was okay at first, but the more I watched, more I started to hate it, so my opinion both are horrible, can't stand only drama orientated anime, movie etc.
Haha Well, it is true that the Orientals have a very bad acting! But the dramas are better than the movies I guess...But obviously the anime is better !

Nov 2, 2010 10:59 AM

Jul 2010
Mizore_lollipop said:
Lightyear8684 said:
Haha Well, it is true that the Orientals have a very bad acting! But the dramas are better than the movies I guess...But obviously the anime is better !

Well Duh :P

I like Japanese Drama more.

Btw Mizore your signature is creeping me out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2010 4:20 PM

Apr 2009
I love Japanese dramas, I'm not really into the korean ones
Nov 22, 2010 6:22 AM
Aug 2010
Ilike them both but i watch korean more
but i still love them both equally
Nov 29, 2010 9:52 PM
Nov 2010
I'm definitely a J Drama girl.
Nov 30, 2010 1:39 PM

Nov 2010
I like both.

But I watch much more Korean dramas dann Japanese because my friend only loves Korean dramas.

I am watching My Girlfriend is a gumiho lately :D
Nov 30, 2010 8:53 PM

Aug 2009
I love both!~
Dec 19, 2010 7:50 PM

Feb 2010
Korean dramas have really good love stories if you choose the right one.
However, Japanese dramas are pretty hilarious most of the time because the guys are so hyperactive

So I love both
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Dec 26, 2010 7:14 PM
Nov 2008
I have to say I enjoy both. But I do prefer Korean dramas over Japanese dramas, I think they're a little better. And as far as some people thinking the Orientals are horrible actors, I think it's just that were not used how they act. Haha!
Dec 30, 2010 4:15 AM

Apr 2009
Mizore_lollipop said:
Lightyear8684 said:

I LOVE BOTH korean drama and japanese drama are awesome but i like japan drama more but still like korean drama,PLUS Mizore what do you mean the Orientals have a very bad acting are you saying people that are asian can not act cuz if you are saying that then you are RACIST.

Jan 2, 2011 12:47 AM

Jun 2010
Korean drama are soo much better because the plot are good and the actors playing are good looking unlike jap drama.
When ever I was jap drama I get soo disgusted by the actors playing it because there not cute. All the guys look bad in jap drama.
In korean drama the musics in the background are way better too.
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the size limits. Refer to the rules for more info.
Jan 2, 2011 6:51 AM

Aug 2007
Six months ago I got bored about japansese dramas and I began to watch Korean dramas. So I prefer Korean dramas
Jan 7, 2011 10:10 AM

Jan 2009
no question about it... Korean...
Japanese are great voice actors but horrible actors... Koreans are the reverse
Feb 6, 2011 9:00 AM

May 2010
Mizore_lollipop said:
Lightyear8684 said:

bad acting? i guess you havent seen hollywood movies XD
Feb 7, 2011 9:18 PM

Nov 2007
Story-wise I have no preference. Both Japanese and Korean dramas have their own stereotypes and overused plots that get irritating after a while, as well as their hilarious and cute moments. I get really annoyed with how Korean girls are portrayed in dramas however, because it's not really similar to real life. I don't know much about Japan, so that doesn't bother me nearly as much.

Language-wise, Japanese. I understand Japanese more than Korean, and I find the Korean language to be really annoying at times (much too whiny for my tastes).
Mar 5, 2011 10:49 PM

Aug 2009
Korean dramas.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Mar 7, 2011 5:35 AM

Jan 2009
Both kind of boring but still...I prefer j-drama.
Mar 20, 2011 3:25 AM

Feb 2008
I like both.

But language-wise, I have to pick Japanese. Although I love Korean music more than Japanese, for films & such, Japanese language is a lot better for my ear.
Mar 21, 2011 10:52 AM
Mar 2011
I like Japanese dramas but i LOVE korean dramas. the actors in korean dramas are way more appealing to look at then japanese actors. plus in my opinion they act a whole better. Japanese is cute but the females voices gets too annoying for me to listen to anymore and they over react on everything! Japan rules the world when it comes to anime but Korea rules the world with drama. ;) no offense to anyone who likes Jdramas better. this is just my opinion.
Apr 2, 2011 4:12 PM

Jul 2008
i prefer korean dramas
i feel the acting is better.. and uh.. the actors are better looking most of the time >.>
Apr 7, 2011 6:07 AM

Jul 2010
I guess I prefer Korean dramas, but that may simply be due to the fact that the first drama I watched was Korean, as well as all my favorites. I've never really found many J-dramas that interested me much. I like the sound of both languages, though, so I don't mind watching either.
Apr 11, 2011 1:12 PM

Jan 2011
Mizore-san, you said you preferred Korean dramas, and that your favorite drama is boys over flowers... you know it really makes me mad when someone's favorite Korean drama is boys over flower, 'cuz you know how it's based on a Japanese manga with the same name... it's not original :( well... who cares... ?!

anyway, in my country k-dramas are becoming an epidemic disease... its getting kinda annoying...
But, I've never watched one... so I shouldn't really judge it...

Still... I think j-dramas are better...
Existence
Apr 11, 2011 7:29 PM

Feb 2010
Argh, if I have to choose I will pick J-Drama. I still think 90s HK drama easily snatch the top spot for me.
Apr 11, 2011 8:44 PM

Dec 2007
A jdrama has yet to really wow me, although one or two have come close, while there have been two or three kdramas that have.. But then I've seen many more of the latter, so it wouldn't be fair to pick one over the other.

A tad generalizing though, isn't it?
Apr 17, 2011 8:57 PM
Apr 2011
I prefer J-dramas. Probably it's because I use it as a supplement when I self-study the language.^^

The only K-drama I really liked was Coffee Prince.
Apr 28, 2011 11:58 AM

Jun 2007
Korean dramas beat the Japanese big time. Koreans put much more money and effort into cinema and tv series. Even US series can not get to the level of action what you see in Athena and IRIS.
May 4, 2011 12:05 AM

Jun 2009
I like Japanese Dramas more.
Jun 2, 2011 8:40 AM

Dec 2010
Japanese Dramas, it is a lot easier to understand than Korean considering that I am hooked with tokusatsu (which is another form of drama, only this time Merchandise Driven WITH A LOAD OF Special Effects of Awesome and action oriented,

RIDER KICK!!!)
Jun 2, 2011 6:52 PM

Sep 2010
I like both equally. It doesn't really matter to me if it's Japanese or Korean, if the plot sounds good, I'll want to watch it. I usually like J-Drama plots more though.
Jun 6, 2011 2:13 PM
Jun 2011
I'm going to have to go with Korean dramas.. I'm more familiar with them and the ones that I've seen are VERY good. For example: Iljimae, IRIS, Boys Over Flower, Shining Inheritance, etc
Jun 8, 2011 6:31 AM

Jul 2010
japanese drama・・・・・the entertainment industry was killed by Dentsu, recent is boring

korean drama・・・・・・・80s plot, face lifted actors, trumped-up history, highly-mannered acting

J≧K because J drama doesnt make me sick.
K drama is disgusting
Jun 10, 2011 8:58 AM

Feb 2011
Japanese drama. Because i think Japanese drama are more meaningful
besides, the girls in Korean drama look like each other , they have the similar faces (because the plastic surgery).
Though i'm not sure whether the Japanese actresses have the plastic surgery , at least they have the different faces XD
Jun 19, 2011 1:41 AM
Jun 2011
i chose k drama, but honestly they both have different appeal.
Jun 27, 2011 10:39 AM

Aug 2010
MatsuChan said:
Mizore-san, you said you preferred Korean dramas, and that your favorite drama is boys over flowers... you know it really makes me mad when someone's favorite Korean drama is boys over flower, 'cuz you know how it's based on a Japanese manga with the same name... it's not original :( well... who cares... ?!

anyway, in my country k-dramas are becoming an epidemic disease... its getting kinda annoying...
But, I've never watched one... so I shouldn't really judge it...

Still... I think j-dramas are better...

Hsin said:
Japanese drama. Because i think Japanese drama are more meaningful
besides, the girls in Korean drama look like each other , they have the similar faces (because the plastic surgery).
Though i'm not sure whether the Japanese actresses have the plastic surgery , at least they have the different faces XD

I agree with both of you.. ^_^

I prefer Japanese drama, coz it's more natural when I compare it to real life. (not only from the physical actors and actresses, but from the plot, storyline and environment too)
Jul 1, 2011 2:56 AM

Jul 2010
I've never watched any korean drama so I'm gonna have to with japanese drama since I have seen a few shows and movies.
Jul 3, 2011 2:55 PM

Feb 2009
I prefer Koreans - BUT I do prefer that Japanese dramas tend to be shorter which is good BECAUSE in Korean dramas everyone you meet/see/smell have to have their own little side story somewhere in the drama. A good example of this is, It's okay Daddy's Girl.

Even Coffee Prince, which I adore, is also like this. I do understand in the final we should see how the other coffee boys cope - BUT I do hateeeeeeeeeee the mother's love story in this. oh em gee.

There's more examples like this.

Also - can Koreans (ONE DAY) please learn how to make kisses look good on camera (iamlookingatyoutoojapan)
Jul 3, 2011 3:20 PM
Jul 2011
I think the korean is better than the japaness :) not because i hate japaness but i just think korean drawning is better xD
Jul 6, 2011 2:53 AM

Jan 2010
i am not a drama man

but i like both !
Jul 18, 2011 3:20 AM

Feb 2011
Maybe I am too narrow minded to see but aren't all Korean dramas have overly cliche love triangle stories? Because Since I'm Korean myself, I attempted to have a go but...

Wow, in the first 5 airings/episodes, I can easily predict whats going to happen.

"OOoohh, OMG I'm going to totally overreact and force a divorce you because you cheated on me! And I'm going to bang my childhood friend or whoever it is that would most likely to be the worse replacement possible! And I'm going to regret it! Please take me back!"

Or

I don't like you, so annoying. And there is this other guy that likes me and I am confused now... Oh wait, now that I think about it. I like you now. Lets make babies.

Summarized plot line of most dramas. Korean ones anyway.
mococomonoJul 18, 2011 3:26 AM
Jul 18, 2011 1:26 PM

Aug 2010
^ That's for basically every drama (be it korean or japanese) XD Oh, and you forgot the genderbender :3

But for some reason I prefer korean dramas :o Dunno, they are more... dramatic :D~ And they aren't all "high school romances", since Japanese dramas tend to focus on that theme XD

I haven't watched many japanese dramas, that's true, but the majority I watched is either full of comedy (doesn't even stick to the original manga, if there is one) for some episodes then SUDDENLY DRAMA, or the theme is "Mystery/horror/psychological thriller" with a really stupid character (usually a girl) and a genius or it's a tragedy that I can't even finish because I'm crying every single episode XD
Korean dramas usually bring about the same amount of comedy and drama. The only japanese drama I truly loved was HanaKimi (even though it didn't stick to the manga), and that was my second drama (my first one was Zettai Kareshi and I hated it because it wasn't anything like the manga D: It was like... they were making fun of the original story >_> )
Jul 20, 2011 3:47 AM

Jul 2011
i voted korean dramas, for a few reasons...
1) generally the picked cast is better looking...which i know is bad, but girls will back me up on this
2) ive watched more of them than jap, soo obviously something just appealed to me more, be it the storyline etc
3) usually the ost is better..

BUT
alot of the korean storylines are taken from japanese stuff, so its difficult to say
eg- hana yori dango- boys before flowers
itazura na kiss- mischevious kiss

but my favourite drama is hana kimi..and thats japanese, so my conclusion is pretty confusing..
ill end it here. XD
Jul 20, 2011 9:12 AM

Aug 2009
Korean Drama Adaptations of Japanase Manga/Anime.

Jul 24, 2011 4:10 AM

Apr 2011
Korean drama is better obviously, what are you talking about? Korean is always well-known for it's drama
Jul 24, 2011 6:59 AM

Jul 2010
Deceptikolz said:
Korean Drama Adaptations of Japanase Manga/Anime.

agreed
korean drama is fill of hackneyed plot. like 70'~80's japanese dramas
yucky
Jul 27, 2011 1:09 PM

Jul 2009
I like only japanese drama, because I can't stand korean language. Everyone says that korean drama is better and I think I'm gonna try it sometimes xD
Aug 4, 2011 12:46 AM
Jun 2011
japanese drama.. It's funny and not much of romance..
and I never watch korea drama, so I dunno about it ..
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Thoughts on Suno AI? (AI system for making your own music)

Vargnatt - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
1 hour ago

» About The Crow Remake (2024)

Vargnatt - Yesterday

4 by Theo1899 »»
5 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7591 by SilentAssassin88 »»
7 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3376 by SilentAssassin88 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » share your latest song/album purchases

DreamingBeats - Nov 3, 2023

38 by DreamingBeats »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.