Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2010 12:22 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that Doctor is a pussy....now the crazy lady gonna die for his lack of balls...smh
Sep 16, 2010 12:33 PM

Nov 2008
Not as crazy an episode as last week, but good nonetheless.
Sep 16, 2010 12:46 PM

Jul 2009
Yes, Shiki is out.
I had a feeling it would be out, dispite the news report, the site I watch anime always gives an accurate release dateand is never wrong.
Anyway, here it is...
http://www.gogoanime.com/shiki-episode-11

Sep 16, 2010 12:55 PM

Mar 2010
^ actually, the 3 week hiatus is starting this week, next episode (episode 12) will be aired on October 14th.

Good episode, though I was hoping we'd see Natsuno...
DiscordiaSep 16, 2010 1:09 PM
Sep 16, 2010 1:07 PM

Mar 2010
Woot? It has already gone three weeks since last episode?

Anyways, it was a good episode. Liked the crazy lady, too bad she failed though
Sep 16, 2010 1:19 PM

Apr 2010
That old lady makes a good source of entertainment.
Wonder how many people actually believe her.
But it seems like she will be in trouble next time.

Seems like the doctor has snapped or is at least thinking of a way how to deal with his problems.
Discordia said:
^ actually, the 3 week hiatus is starting this week, next episode (episode 12) will be aired on October 14th.

Good episode, though I was hoping we'd see Natsuno...
Was hoping the same bud we will see next time a guess.
Sep 16, 2010 1:24 PM
Aug 2009
Poor Crazy Lady. She's probably the most heroic character in the show, but she's also stupid like Natsuno.

The case of the Kirishikis is pretty weird though. Sunako and Lady Gaga couldn't go out in the sun, but the Wolf and the Clown could. Not only that, but the Clown had a pulse. Is it possible for the female Kirishikis to be vampires, and for the male Kirishikis to be werewolves?

No Natsuno. Blah. And what's up with the monk? He just wants everybody to die? Wow.
Sep 16, 2010 1:38 PM

Feb 2010
She got overwhelmed by wantig to be a hero and didn't see the danger. Now she's as good as dead... but who knows? Maybe she got something up her sleve and be the first to actually fight them.
Sep 16, 2010 1:41 PM

Mar 2009
I didn't like the crazy lady... I'm happy she's gonna die. Lol jk. But I wonder if she's going to be a powerful Okiagari? Maybe she's going to be kidnapped...

The scene where Muroi san asks the little girl if she's a shiki...it was pretty good.

But oh well, after all, Muroi san is a romantisuto...
UnknownFactSep 16, 2010 1:46 PM
Sep 16, 2010 1:43 PM

Aug 2010
Jaymie said:
Poor Crazy Lady. She's probably the most heroic character in the show, but she's also stupid like Natsuno.

The case of the Kirishikis is pretty weird though. Sunako and Lady Gaga couldn't go out in the sun, but the Wolf and the Clown could. Not only that, but the Clown had a pulse. Is it possible for the female Kirishikis to be vampires, and for the male Kirishikis to be werewolves?

No Natsuno. Blah. And what's up with the monk? He just wants everybody to die? Wow.

"Clown" I liked that XDDD LOL poor Seishiro XD he has a special reason for having a pulse 8D~

KingOmerta said:

Damn, that Doctor is a pussy....now the crazy lady gonna die for his lack of balls...smh

No he's not >< Don't say that, he's the reason for 2 of the most violent scenes to happen, I love him <3 I don't even know how they will put that in the anime LOL
SoraKuroSep 16, 2010 2:04 PM
Sep 16, 2010 1:57 PM

Jul 2009
The doctor speaks some sense about the cremation, infact, I'm surprised everyone who dies isn't getting cremated, especially considering what is going on; in a lot of third world, even England during the plague, people get/got cremated even if the family didn't support it, as it prevented mass infection.

I quite like the old Ikumi; eccentric and determent to save the village.
Her screentime was funny, along with providing us all with a life lesson...
The she was fairly pretty back in her day, yet one lousy man and years of critisim later, she faded. Moral = don't get stressed!
Her daughter wasn't too supportive, yet I found one thing funny "I was left with an ugly daughter without a shred of cleverness".
She has good taste in clothes too. ;)
Hope she becomes a shiki.

I'm happy I was right about the Cain and Abel referances, back during that story involving the well.
You could interperate a vampire as either brother; Abel playing an active role after death, or Cain being cursed to wondering forever.

UnknownFact said:
Uggh. I hate manga-reading-heads spoiling you.

Who's spoilt what?
Gleam_QueenSep 16, 2010 2:00 PM

Sep 16, 2010 2:05 PM

Aug 2010
UnknownFact said:

Uuhh... If you are refering to what I said, then I didn't spoil anything @@ Of course Seishiro has a reason for having pulse duh, and I didnt describe the "violent scenes" so where's the spoiler? :/
Sep 16, 2010 2:09 PM

Dec 2009
KingOmerta said:

I don't understand why Toshio is pretending he doesn't know what's going on.... The vampires already know that he knows.... He's treating the towns people like sheep.
Sep 16, 2010 2:26 PM

Jan 2008
toshio has a plan,im sure about it
I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
Sep 16, 2010 2:40 PM

Nov 2009
I think it was bad luck for Ozaki. He had to basically deny what he wants to prove in the long run since he didn't have the evidence. I also thinking wanting to live factors into that as well.
Sep 16, 2010 2:51 PM

Nov 2008
The doctor didn't come prepared enough, he needed to get some syringes since the vampires have abnormal blood ailments. The old lady is going to die soon for the doctor's skepticism and lack of preparedness. Sunako actually tried to bite the priest now I will have nightmares.

Sep 16, 2010 2:51 PM

Nov 2008
The doctor didn't come prepared enough, he needed to get some syringes since the vampires have abnormal blood ailments. The old lady is going to die soon for the doctor's skepticism and lack of preparedness. Sunako actually tried to bite the priest now I will have nightmares.

Sep 16, 2010 3:05 PM

Feb 2009
ahh no Natsuno :( was really looking forward to see what happened to him. Oh well, still entertaining.
Sep 16, 2010 3:24 PM

Dec 2008
Ikumi had the right idea of what was going on...but poor execution of what to do. She should've been quieter about it. *sigh*
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Sep 16, 2010 3:30 PM
Dec 2007
So we've come to the experiments on living deads already, interesting. And the concept for shiki is explained too, which is a great thin coming to the half of the series. Shiki is definitely growing better and better.

Regarding the developments of the script, Toshio's playing it really cleverly not to expose anything on front of the Kirishiki and the ignorant villagers, it will allow him to gain a lot of time and evidence to foster his plans.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 16, 2010 4:06 PM

Oct 2009
Ikumi, yes, a part hero, ultimately failed her task. How naive of her.

Toshio, I believe DOES have a plan, but we don't know yet.

Seishirou appears!

8/10

(Three-week Hiatus begins!)

Sep 16, 2010 4:50 PM

Oct 2009
KingOmerta said:

What's he supposed to do? Agree with the seemingly crazy lady and lose all hope of convincing the townsfolk to put up a solid defense? If she weren't so gung-ho, Ozaki could have pulled her aside, tell her to keep a low profile, and work out a plan.

I love it when Sunako comes out.
Sep 16, 2010 4:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
-Vid said:

And eh, poor crazy lady is gonna be dying, it seems that anyone who openly admits that okiagari exists is getting pwned right away, hence the doc remaining silent. I just hope he won't lose his sanity and starts to slaughter the "shiki". ;o

What about him losing sanity AND slaughtering shikis? lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 16, 2010 4:55 PM

Dec 2008
I am so pissed that the last ep before the 3 week hiatus does not show what happened to Natsuno!
I'm glad they're going to eat Ikumi...she's incredibly old, ugly and annoying. I wonder if she's going to rise up.
I also wonder why Sunako decided against biting the monk after he said that she was a shiki. Seems like all the more reason for her to bite him, to me.
Sep 16, 2010 5:35 PM
Aug 2009
Ikumi is the new Masao. And where the hell is he, anyway? It's unsettling for him to have been absent for so long.

Toshio is kinda going crazy. His eyes were glowing reddish purple when he was digging up that woman's grave. And he sounded exasperated.

What's with his wife cheating with Tatsumi? Everytime we see her and him together it cuts away to another scene. I wonder if she'll betray Toshio for Tatsumi? But I don't really blame her. Tatsumi is ripped.
Sep 16, 2010 6:04 PM

Sep 2009
Yay, new character to fight the okiagari! ...Oh, they're trying to kill her already. <_< That was fast. I guess that's what you get for shouting "the kirishikis are okiagari!" all over town and busting down their door. Not as good as the past few mind-blowing episodes, but still great.

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO NATSUNO. LIKE, NOW.

Anime Blog Writer For: METANORN (Currently blogging: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Fractale, Tegami Bachi REVERSE)
Sep 16, 2010 6:33 PM

Nov 2007
No Shiki for 3 weeks beginning next week....

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 16, 2010 6:56 PM

Oct 2008
Ooooh Sunako almost bit the priest. =O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Sep 16, 2010 7:13 PM

Sep 2009
KingOmerta said:
Damn, that Doctor is a pussy
The more you know about Okigaris, the more chances of being killed. Staying shut for the time being was the best decision made my Ozaki.

Hoppy said:
The doctor didn't come prepared enough, he needed to get some syringes since the vampires have abnormal blood ailments
True. He wouldn't even have to go far to examine the blood. The syringes pierce scar would have healed withing a split second and *drum roll*....Okiagari proved!!

SeishinXSunako moments are very cool.
Want to know more about Seishin's scar.
Guess they are planning to kill us with the Natsuno suspense. 3 weeks hiatus T__T
Sep 16, 2010 7:28 PM

Aug 2010
I think the doctor is doing the right thing by not revealing them right away. Until he can come up with some sort of plan to fight them (Do you really think the people of this town with pitchforks would actually stand a chance?) it is better if he just waits.
prismheartSep 16, 2010 8:30 PM
Sep 16, 2010 7:44 PM

Jul 2010
not exactly the best episode but it's still good and entertaining. Overall for this episode 8/10
sunako looks so cute in that dress! and i can't believe she almost bit the priest.
Sep 16, 2010 7:46 PM

Mar 2009
At this rate, every single villager is going to be turned into a vampire - well, no, actually, since some of them don't come back to life; the important characters will, however.

But, with all of these characters being turned one after another, I wonder what's stopping them from joining up and taking down the bigwigs from within.

Oh, right, no Shiki for 3 weeks. That sucks.
Sep 16, 2010 7:48 PM
Jun 2010
Yes that old hag is going to die, hopefully !

Annoying people should die immediately. I wonder what happened to the purple hair dude.

It seems that the males of the family are immune to the sun

Anyway I rate the "first season" 8/10

Sep 16, 2010 8:02 PM

Feb 2010
Very interesting episode.
Sunako had a cute costume this time around =3 small top hat!
Sep 16, 2010 8:07 PM

Jul 2009
lol, nobody mentioned the EPIC SUNGLASSES yet?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 16, 2010 8:08 PM

Jan 2010
good episode, that crazy lady will gonna die for sure.. well, shes annoying so its ok. xD
Sep 16, 2010 8:18 PM

Sep 2009
wheresthehandle said:
lol, nobody mentioned the EPIC SUNGLASSES yet?
I guess the Lady Gaga reference was enough XD
Sep 16, 2010 9:07 PM

Jan 2009
it was a pity that they had to abbreviate some important psychological descriptions of the Monk and Doctor. like,

and, Muroi-san started...doing something incomprehensible. He said ”we don't have a right to kill killers.” and "killing them is inhumane". these kind of thoughts are findable also in our real life. well, I mean "Abolitionism"

and I guess, he asked to Sunako if she is a shiki, to lay down his life. Sunako noticed that, then she stopped biting him.

I wonder why they try to spoil with the ED. I guess I shouldn't say about that preview...It's just spoiling...
Hana-keiSep 17, 2010 2:58 AM
Sep 16, 2010 9:35 PM
Aug 2010
Hi guys >>>

The episode is good but i feel sorry of the old lady . TOO BAD THE next episode will be on 14 october...I cant wait to see the NEW opening and the ensing .

By the way guys ... i saw the epiosd 11 live from Fuji tv but the ending is different from i saw when it sub , what i mean is that the ending shows the preview of the next episod .

And befor i leave here is the preview of the EPISODE 12 :

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/GPplayerJMe.html?anime/shiki/101014shiki12&type=flv
Sep 16, 2010 9:41 PM

Apr 2009
Oh man, the last episode before the break not revealing what happened to Natsuno is downright CRUEL!

It was going to be hard to top last week's episode and they didn't even try. That's okay, this episode was still good. Enjoyed the old woman's backstory and antics and the side stuff with the doctor and Sunako. I'm kind of surprised the Shiki would set out to kill her so soon, I'd think that would raise some suspicions.

Three weeks without "Shiki" is going to be rough.
Sep 16, 2010 9:55 PM

Sep 2008
Seeing Sunako in those awesome shades made the episode simply the best thing ever.
I especially love how there is so much going on that they can troll viewers by not showing the things about Megumi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2010 10:36 PM

Jul 2009
Again we will having another episode to see Natsuno fate as the episode focus on the shaman lady that act brave...too bad it will cost her greatly enough if the last scene is any indication ^_^;;

Toshio seems held back from his investigation of okiagiri instead playing dumb when he confronting the Kanemasa, maybe he stay low-profile while planning some move to avoid suspicion.

The interaction between Sunako & Seishin is interesting as ever, damn I bit startled when she came behind him from the dark & tries to bite him but stop it right away..pheww save your luck next time Seishin. Love her outfit in this episode <3
Sep 16, 2010 10:55 PM

Jul 2009
x15 said:
Hi guys >>>

The episode is good but i feel sorry of the old lady . TOO BAD THE next episode will be on 14 october...I cant wait to see the NEW opening and the ensing .

By the way guys ... i saw the epiosd 11 live from Fuji tv but the ending is different from i saw when it sub , what i mean is that the ending shows the preview of the next episod .

And befor i leave here is the preview of the EPISODE 12 :

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/GPplayerJMe.html?anime/shiki/101014shiki12&type=flv

funimation cuts the previews from their streams.... though I don't blame them, I've heard they're very spoilericious
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 16, 2010 11:43 PM

Oct 2008
Great episode once again.

Shiki is starting to give me a feeling I have never experienced before - I am loving it so much.

October 14th please come quick!
Sep 16, 2010 11:45 PM

Feb 2010
hold shi*t. so much to think about.

-the docs willingness to hide away his suspicion
-sunako and the priests almost bite scene....
-where is Natsuno?
-the old woman's willingness to stand up for what she believes in...
- the old woman's "abduction"
-the male shiki's resistance to the sun
- SUNAKO'S SUNGLASSES FTW!!!!

damn this show is fantastic. I've never so much enjoyed that I have NO idea wtf to expect.

I anxiously await future episodes. :)
Sep 17, 2010 12:17 AM

May 2008
SoraKuro said:
UnknownFact said:

Uuhh... If you are refering to what I said, then I didn't spoil anything @@ Of course Seishiro has a reason for having pulse duh, and I didnt describe the "violent scenes" so where's the spoiler? :/

That in itself is spoilerish.
Sep 17, 2010 12:28 AM

Jan 2010
Will be a long, hard wait LOL.
Sep 17, 2010 12:33 AM

Mar 2010
Wait.This isn't what i wanted to see..Where is Natsuno??What happened?Don't stop now the main thing..It was nice with that lady running and exposing the okiagari's secret but no one believed her and she got killed (most likely) in the end.
Now when is the next episode?In 3 weeks??This is awfully a lot of time..

By the way does anyone know if and where i could find the soundtrack??The music is SOOO AMAZING..
Sep 17, 2010 12:38 AM

Oct 2008
^ The soundtrack hasn't been released yet afaik.
I had been looking for it every where.
Sep 17, 2010 1:02 AM
Nov 2008
Sunako tried to bite the priest.....but she didn't...hmm.
I'm sure the doctor has his reasons for not siding with the old lady ,either way..3 weeks hiatus.........@_@ i'm gonna faint without my shiki every week.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.