Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 11, 2010 5:17 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's on, Henri-sensei. >:/

Felt terribly bad for Tennouji... Can't wait till next ep, although the end of the preview is something I definitely don't want.
Sep 11, 2010 5:44 PM

Aug 2009
Man, Henri seemed like another person in this ep... Is it just me? I also wonder what the next challenge/theme thingy they're going to do next...

I bet that the end of the preview is just one of Miya's weird fantasies or something.
Sep 11, 2010 5:48 PM

Jul 2009
KillerTune said:

I bet that the end of the preview is just one of Miya's weird fantasies or something.

I hope so. LOL
When did Henri become such a douchebag? I can't tell if he just set another "trap" for Ichigo or if what he said was genuine.
Sep 11, 2010 5:50 PM

Aug 2009
^^It damn well better be a fantasy. I'm IchigoXKashino darnit.

SURPRISE! HENRI-SENSEI'S THE VILLAIN! Well, not really, but he was being a total dick here. I don't know why he'd want to screw with Tennouji like that.

That being said, some of the things he was saying was true like Tennouji totally losing it over that was....kind of not a good thing for her. She won't be able to be a pro like that (even though, I see how heartwrenching that would be) and Ichigo does need to surpass her grandma so she can be a good patissiere on her own.

I'm so glad a S2 was announced so that I don't have to worry about the whole plot being wrapped up in two episodes.
Sep 11, 2010 5:55 PM

Sep 2008
How can Henri-sensei resort to such underhanded tactics to cause Tennouji to lose?!! *RAGE*

I want to smack him so badly.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Sep 11, 2010 6:00 PM

Feb 2008
MiYeon said:
KillerTune said:

I hope so. LOL

I hope so too xD

garfield15 said:
SURPRISE! HENRI-SENSEI'S THE VILLAIN! Well, not really, but he was being a total dick here. I don't know why he'd want to screw with Tennouji like that.

Yeah, he could've possibly done it another way, but I don't think it would've worked since she was (was?) so in love with him. But that still was a douchebag-y way of doing it. :/
Sep 11, 2010 6:01 PM

Apr 2010
Henri: You activated my trap card.

Sep 11, 2010 6:22 PM

Feb 2008
Well yeah it might be true what Henri said about you need a strong heart to be able to a Patissiere.
But who is actually expecting that Henri should be the badass? Beside a nice person won't said something like that so he might just hide his dark side.
I didn't expect him to said something like that and I thought he was a nice person.

Looking forward for next episode

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 11, 2010 6:31 PM

Jul 2007
DD: evil henri is scary....(hopes hes putting another act on)

henri turn back to kind henri DD;
Sep 11, 2010 6:34 PM

May 2008
Zomg how could Henri do this i thought he was like one of the really nice characters =(

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 11, 2010 6:35 PM

Apr 2010
This episode made me laugh pretty hard. Evil Henri-sensei was so ridiculous.

Also, yay for Ichigo's family showing up.
Sep 11, 2010 6:52 PM

Nov 2008
MiYeon said:
KillerTune said:

I hope so. LOL
When did Henri become such a douchebag? I can't tell if he just set another "trap" for Ichigo or if what he said was genuine.

I really hope so, cause I really don't like the idea at all : (
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Sep 11, 2010 7:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
So very predictable development once again...Although it's not certain if Henri-sensei is actually pulling off an act or not....

Need more sweet in the next episode....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 11, 2010 7:19 PM

Apr 2008
Henri seems to be some kind of evil guy in this episode o-o

Sep 11, 2010 7:31 PM

Dec 2009
I was expecting Henri-sensei to get slapped by one of the girls (preferably Ichigo).
But I wouldn't be surprised if after the finals match, he'd be like "Amano-san... that was also another act to make sure you wouldn't fall where Mari did..." or some other trolling line.
Sep 11, 2010 7:32 PM

Nov 2009
This 100% reminds me of Kaleido Star now o_O

Darnn I dont want KashinoxKoshiro, but i have a feeling it actually mite happen D: I mean they even made their names sound alike!! ):
But then who would Ichigo be with? Henri? >__> I dont wanna see that after this episode :(

Wait there's a season 2? Yayy~ :3
Sep 11, 2010 9:26 PM

Nov 2008
KillerTune said:
Man, Henri seemed like another person in this ep... Is it just me? I also wonder what the next challenge/theme thingy they're going to do next...

I know, right? Before this Henri was just the nice mentor that they admired and loved. And when that scene was playing, all I thought was, 'WTF is going on? Is this really him? He was never this cruel and villain-like.' I understand why he would say that Mari needs to depend on herself and trust her own judgement and how Ichigo needs to surpass her grandmother, but Henri didn't need to say it in such a cruel way. (He even chuckled evilly as he left!)

It HAS to be one of Miya's fantasies, I just can't see it happening in the actual show. I mean really, cliche much; sunset, beach, couple running towards each other, embracing, kissing... xD
Sep 11, 2010 9:41 PM

May 2009
Felt so bad for Tennouji here. Yes, she wasn't strong enough to fight through the adversity, but it doesn't excuse what Henri did. If he really wanted to teach her a lesson, he did so in a truly cruel manner. Why now? Why like that? The mind game was equivalent to sabotage and provided an unfair advantage to Team Francois. Then he moved on to Ichigo and hurt her as well. There are other ways to make a point.
Sep 11, 2010 9:49 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was amazing! Henri is such a bitch, I am surprised. He really is just obsessed with getting the best of the best. I wonder if something with love happened to him in the past that made him close his heart, and if we will get any back story on that? TENNOUJI RAGE was so fun to watch.

Team Francious is a scary opponent. I am so excited to see how Team Ichigo defeats/stands a chance/battles them.

Also, Miya was cool this episode. She was supportive of Ichigo and talked back to Henri-sensei.

Also, that preview! Next episode (maybe two parter?) I can't wait for~
Sep 12, 2010 12:24 AM
Sep 2010
I had my jaw dropped most of the time. Especially with the preview, I was like "NO NOT HAPPENING"
Though throughout the whole series I got the creepy vibe from Henri-sensei. He was just TOO NICE. And I don't think KashinoxKoshiro is even possible. He always blushes around Amano. Soo. Yeah.
Sep 12, 2010 12:35 AM

Oct 2009
Wow!!! Henri-sensei another act for Ichigo i think...

but... Another Season!!! cant wait to see Ichigo-Makoto pair.. >.<

Cant wait till next episode... and in the end preview to next episode there are another dream Makoto-Miya.. >.<

Sep 12, 2010 5:30 AM

Dec 2007
Henri-sensei is totally mean =/ I don't like him now.

Team Francious will be a hard oppenent to win =/
Sep 12, 2010 6:31 AM
Mar 2010
Is it bad that this made me start liking Henri? LOL it just suddenly feels like he has a character and some depth, though I agree that it was a dick move.

On another note, Ichigo totally sounded jealous about the Koshiro fantasy in the preview. ^^
Sep 12, 2010 6:39 AM

Aug 2008
Rofl, Evil Henri came outta no where xD it was like when tenouji went suddenly evil a while back hahaha. we were all like "wtf......?" So i think Henri has a dark side but over all he's nice, just like tenouji. We all have secrets right?

Can't wait for this season to end so we see the next one! woot woot!
Sep 12, 2010 7:13 AM

Aug 2008
even if henri is actually putting another act I'll hate him!
I hope he'll continue w? that character since there is a second season, that ichigo will beat him up in a competition!! mwahahaha!

omg! can't wait to see how ichigo will win (I guess they will win)!!
Sep 12, 2010 8:57 AM

Oct 2009
I am glad Ichigo told Henri how cruel he is being, but I am sure he is doing it to get the best out of both of them-still it was a jerkface thing to do.

Sep 12, 2010 2:51 PM

Apr 2009
Hehehe can't wait for next episode..
Sep 12, 2010 2:58 PM

Dec 2009
Feito said:
I was expecting Henri-sensei to get slapped by one of the girls (preferably Ichigo).
But I wouldn't be surprised if after the finals match, he'd be like "Amano-san... that was also another act to make sure you wouldn't fall where Mari did..." or some other trolling line.
Omg I was soo waitng for the slap too!
I want Mari and that other guy together umm blue hair umm his name when blank in my head.
Sep 12, 2010 3:40 PM

Jul 2010
I would've loved it if one of them would've slapped him!
I don't care if he'd put on an act to test/help *yeah right! -_-* Ichigo, he doesn't have the right to say such things. I hate, really hate characters like that. I actually hope that Ichigo pwns the other team and then in the end "Henri sensei" will come to her and will say stuff like; I knew you could do it/I had faith in you/I'm sorry I had to put that act on (or something like that bullshit) and she's like; I'll never forgive you, stfu, gtfo and I don't wanna see ya face ever again! *slap*
Muhahaha, lol but that's probably my sadistic fantasy xd No way that would happen in this anime xd But it would be epic *devil laugh* :D

Sigh, he just ruiened my image of the "cool Henri sensei", I wanna bet he had a bad experience in the past and now he's afraid to let his emotions out and he's frustrated about that so he can't stand others who actually cán open their hearts and he's picking a fight with them, or something cliché like that.. I'm curious or they'll show us how Tennouji will end/deal with it... I'm gonna yell if she'll say something like; I'll always respect/love/like you even after what you've done ór if she says; thank you for opening my eyes, I was the one who was wrong and you were right, I'm sorry I've acted the way I did I know it was immature so please teach me more sénsei. ARGH! Horror! o.O
Sep 12, 2010 4:42 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah I was indeed upset of Henri, why be so cruel? He could done it a better way, but I guess that his way to train a patissiere.

lol Animefanx I don't think Ichigo will said something like that to Henri, you know about her sweet personality if something like that will happend, she might be the one that open Henri hearts, but who knows.
We know nothing about Henri past, he must went on a cruel one. To make nice sweet you need to be friendly, I guess is just another secret.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 12, 2010 7:56 PM

Sep 2008
mycat8u said:
Rofl, Evil Henri came outta no where xD it was like when tenouji went suddenly evil a while back hahaha. we were all like "wtf......?" So i think Henri has a dark side but over all he's nice, just like tenouji. We all have secrets right?

Can't wait for this season to end so we see the next one! woot woot!

I thought the same thing, I use to like Tenouji pretty well but slowly her character was just getting worse and worse and now, surprise, evil bishounen character appears. I'm doubting that there's a reason for him being like that, hes just a jerk that's good at pastries. There's no denying that he really did screw up Tennouji's heart and his evil laughter doesn't help him at all either. I mean after these almost 50 episodes, there was no indication at all that he would go that far to mess with people, bad writing but I still like this anime a lot though. Henri is unforgivable, even though Tenouji's character gotten pretty bad, she still has a chance to turn around. She use to be so nice. :( But I always liked Koshiro and now I like even more, probably my favorite human so to speak right now in this anime.
Sep 12, 2010 8:53 PM

Jul 2008
EtherSword said:

I thought the same thing, I use to like Tenouji pretty well but slowly her character was just getting worse and worse and now, surprise, evil bishounen character appears. I'm doubting that there's a reason for him being like that, hes just a jerk that's good at pastries. There's no denying that he really did screw up Tennouji's heart and his evil laughter doesn't help him at all either. I mean after these almost 50 episodes, there was no indication at all that he would go that far to mess with people, bad writing but I still like this anime a lot though. Henri is unforgivable, even though Tenouji's character gotten pretty bad, she still has a chance to turn around. She use to be so nice. :( But I always liked Koshiro and now I like even more, probably my favorite human so to speak right now in this anime.

I disagree that Tennouji's character is getting worse. I woudln't really say she has changed that much. She was always jealous of Ichigo by being selected by Henri-sensei, and always wanted to prove herself to him. It was also obvious she had feelings for him that were stronger than just student-teacher, and its understandable that she broke down after seeing him with another girl and hearing that she isn't the best in his eyes. He screwed around with her a lot, but I don't think Tennouji is a bad character. I can see why she acts the way she does, anyways.

And Henri-sensei probably has something in his past that made him shut his heart as well. Hopefully we will see it in the next two episodes, so his evil side won't just be some random concoction but a legit piece of character development.
Sep 12, 2010 10:14 PM

Apr 2010
Kracksickles said:
Henri: You activated my trap card.

LMAO! if only that were true
Sep 13, 2010 12:52 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, Henri is a troll.
But at least, I hope Tennouji will give up on her Henri-complex.
Sep 13, 2010 7:04 AM

Aug 2008
This was a terrible episode. Yes, Tennouji is obsessed with Henri, but (to me) not so much that she would believable have a total loss of perspective like this. Especially with Henri acting totally out of character. If Henri recognized how Tennouji looked at him so long ago, why would he do something like this now, instead of having done it before? He had no problem stringing her along by rowing a boat with her. Honestly, given this new development, he has some serious issues with women if he would prey on high school girls like this.

Just horribly cliche.
Sep 15, 2010 8:58 AM

Oct 2008
Hmm, season 2 is when they're older right? ^^''

I hate Henri O.o
Sep 17, 2010 3:19 PM

Sep 2008
HAhahahha Henri-sensei was so out of character that I couldn't stop cracking up XD
But seriously, what a dramatic jerk!
I'm actually quite happy that Ichigo saw this side of him cuz now she can concentrate on Kashino :3

Two eps to go.
Go Team Ichigo!!! ^o^/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2010 3:47 PM

Feb 2008
it seems to me that he did that to break their dependents on him and other people. he strikes me as a kind of pro that would play the devil to help his charges. this is not a conspiracy type of show, i bet in the end he will come out be like....hey guys just kiddin.....
Sep 18, 2010 10:04 PM

Nov 2008
garfield15 said:

That being said, some of the things he was saying was true like Tennouji totally losing it over that was....kind of not a good thing for her. She won't be able to be a pro like that (even though, I see how heartwrenching that would be) and Ichigo does need to surpass her grandma so she can be a good patissiere on her own.

Agreed. I'm not really sure why we're seeing this side of Henri-sensei now (other people have mentioned bad writing and I have to agree) but he did bring up some valid points. Everything that Tennouji did was to impress Henri-sensei and everything Ichigo did was to catch up to her grandmother. It seemed to me that he was trying to get them to fight for their dream for themselves (if that makes any sense), but he did go way too far in doing so. He should have just set things straight with Tennouji from the start, instead of manipulating her feelings to make her fail. :(
Sep 23, 2010 1:53 AM

Nov 2008
UGHGHGHGHGHGHGH I'M SO DISTRESSED NOW!
I LOVED HANRI-SENSEI. NOW I CAN NEVER LOOK AT HIM THE SAME AGAIN! /SOB

anyway now that I've had the worse day ever finding that out. And that ep 50 hasn't come out subbed yet...

I think Tennouji-hime's character is totally becoming weaker. I kinda agree with what Hanri-sensei is saying about her being dependent. BUT SERIOUSLY WTF. He didn't have to play with her heart like that. Sure, the pastry world is a hard world to work in and you gotta step on some toes to get to the top but he's gotta stop messing with peoples minds and hearts like that.

Donno if anyone noticed but uhhh --> Mari = Needs anger management
I mean did you see the hotel room after she lost? God damn!
I wish I didn't see that weak side of her though...could have lived my life without that episode OTL
I saw a mean Hanri and a sad/broken Mari. don't think I can see them as they were anymore....
But after all the horribleness.
I can honestly say that I loved how they gave Grandma more character then "She likes baking sweets. She was really good. She made me smile. I wanna be like her."
gonna watch ep 49 tomorrow..hopefully it won't make my day worse OTL
Also...really disliking France right now....

Oct 15, 2010 11:55 PM

Sep 2008
DARN YOU HENRI! You're being evil to make people better than they can be.
He should have raped everyone to top it all off.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2010 5:13 PM
Mar 2009
Wow is Henri a major douche or what '_' I don't give a damn bout what profession someone is aiming for, you don't toy with their hearts to get the "strong" people! who the hell is strong (after the first day) when it comes to broken hearts? You can't just go "oh well they don't like me" right after D:<
Nov 12, 2010 10:00 PM

Nov 2009
What's bothering me about this is....how did Henri get in Tennouji's room?!?!? did he climb in the window? Scroll of teleport? Did the choke out Tennouji's teammates? Why is is sneaking to his student's rooms under cover of night?

Also, why does he have to flirt with practically every female student he has? Ugh, I wish he would sign up for eharmony and date someone his own age :P
Nov 21, 2010 5:00 AM

Sep 2008
KillerTune said:

That's also the first thing that came to my mind... or maybe I'm just hopeful. The Kashino there seemed a little OOC... I think. D:'

I really, really hope Team Ichigo wins. It seems like it would be impossible somehow, but maybe they can pull through and beat Team François in one of the categories (well, if they do the category-grading thingy again for the judging) in some outstanding way... I imagine they'll lose in skills, but there are always the categories "theme" and "taste" and "presentation", right?!

I can't believe Henri was given such an episode. I hope that's his genuine self though. I didn't really like his character that much before anyway - he seemed "too-good-to-be-true" and had this fickle aura about him...

Ojou... She annoyed me so much a few episodes ago, but after losing to Team Ichigo, she hasn't bothered me as much. XD She was great in this episode. I can actually picture her as being a good friend to Ichigo... in a rival sort of way, maybe? :)
Mar 20, 2011 2:10 AM

Feb 2008
I've never liked Henry, he never really seemed anywhere near as wonderful as everyone seemed to think he was, and now we know he's a first class a** hole. I don't know why you'd even want to learn from a piece of **** like him :/
Jun 5, 2011 6:52 AM

Apr 2010
henri sensei dai kirai!! >.<
Jun 27, 2011 4:38 AM

Feb 2011
I'm hoping Henri-sensei only did it to fuel Ichigo's spirit.
Nov 2, 2015 9:01 PM
Jun 2011
Henri-sensei made me so ANGRY this episode! He was such a dick! I was really hoping Ichigo was going to slap him when he started talking about her grandma!

Who knows if it's an act or not, maybe being nice has been an act all this time to nuture top students he can recruit after they graduate or something.... he shouldn't be kissing young girls like that anyways... he was just so evil all this time. I can't wait to see Team Francois lose!
Jul 16, 2016 11:56 PM

Aug 2013
I don't know if they realized that François was a male name...
My Candies:

Bonus candies:
Jan 15, 2021 5:06 PM
Feb 2016
So Henri is a dick now. Yeah, I understand why Tennouji failed, but he's a judge. He shouldn't have been allowed to trick one of the team leaders like that in the first place. >:0
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 9 Discussion

garfield15 - Nov 28, 2009

28 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 8 Discussion

garfield15 - Nov 21, 2009

27 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 2:50 AM

» I hate Ichigo..

Becloud - Oct 10, 2010

4 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 2:45 AM

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 7 Discussion

MorningGlory - Nov 17, 2009

29 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 5 Discussion

greenmush - Nov 4, 2009

29 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 1:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.