Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 25, 2010 1:35 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was quite emotional, we almost lost Yoshika and even Lynette, but thanks to some Aeolia style dialog and an awesome new striker, the neruod got what it deserved, death from a pissed off Yoshika. The end was so cute.

Aug 25, 2010 5:59 PM

Apr 2010
That Neroi looked allot like a atomic Bomb.
The Fuso fleet arrives pretty late considering this Miyafuji and Sakamoto have been there for a while already.
They did bring some useful stuff Miyafuji's new striker and a Yamato class warship. (Which was the largest warship class ever build)

Also.
Aug 25, 2010 6:28 PM

Jul 2010
5/5
zimnoSep 11, 2010 11:57 AM
Aug 25, 2010 6:29 PM

Sep 2008
I want to punch Lynette in the face for ditching Miyafuji.

zimno, put that shit quality gif in the spoiler.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2010 6:34 PM

Nov 2008
HawthorneKitty said:

I forgive her for ditching Yoshika remember this is a military anime, I've seen much worse and at least Lynette didn't sleep with a man at the end like a certain girl from another yuri laden anime.

Aug 25, 2010 6:47 PM

Feb 2008
HawthorneKitty said:

she does have a responsibility to defend the greater masses. miyafuji was out of commission and she had the ability to protect the fleet. to not realize this is quite troubling.

i pretty much knew she was overpowering the striker. i thought she might get a jet powered one but it was still that type.

i guess the neroi issue will not be solved this season. four more episodes and we still haven't seen a mega boss or even a possible last boss.
Aug 25, 2010 6:47 PM

Sep 2008
Hoppy said:
HawthorneKitty said:

I forgive her for ditching Yoshika remember this is a military anime, I've seen much worse and at least Lynette didn't sleep with a man at the end like a certain girl from another yuri laden anime.
I thought this was a sisterhood anime where the girls don't do bitch-like things to each other.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2010 7:15 PM

Apr 2008
zimno said:
5/5
Jump manga Yoshika

She is so GAR!
metalsnakezeroAug 25, 2010 9:16 PM
Aug 25, 2010 8:26 PM

Sep 2008
I'm surprised she didn't end up with the prototype jet striker, but then I remembered that it was destroyed; eitherway the new one still seems like an improvement. I found it weird it seemingly came out of nowhere though =\

Still a pretty good ep o:
Aug 25, 2010 8:45 PM

Aug 2010
Good episode, but was Miyafugi halluncinating when she heard her father's voice?
Aug 25, 2010 8:47 PM

Feb 2008
interesting that she happened to be there to use a striker unit that is seemingly designed just for her. everything seemed to workout just perfectly.....a bit suspicious.
Aug 25, 2010 8:54 PM
Aug 2009
kisami said:
interesting that she happened to be there to use a striker unit that is seemingly designed just for her. everything seemed to workout just perfectly.....a bit suspicious.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode (hell, I always enjoy an episode of Strike Witches!) and I really like how they're starting to get more emotionally tied; not long ago we saw an Eilanya based episode. Next seems like a Perrine episode as well as a swimsuit episode.

I didn't realize it until it was said: Yoshika had TOO MUCH power... then it all made sense. The beginning of the episode also screamed foreshadowing at me: "Look, Mio has a new technique! Yoshika will probably learn it and use it to defeat Neuroi in the final episode(s)!"

Speaking of final episodes, we're almost done, sadly... but I am certain that they will be the most action packed of the season, I mean, come on... you gotta have a final battle!
Aug 26, 2010 12:46 AM

Oct 2007
kisami said:

amazing how the world of anime works....
Aug 26, 2010 3:02 AM

Feb 2010
good episode finally some action :)
Aug 26, 2010 4:38 AM

Dec 2006
So Yoshika broke the 255 magic power limit with her ultimate gear.

Yoshika...use the force....

Aug 26, 2010 4:44 AM
Jun 2008
good episode and great action ^.^

Miyafuji found a new toy when the old one doesn't work.... -_-; Well,I guess I should just get used to this thing.
Aug 26, 2010 5:11 AM

Apr 2009
Oh Yoshika, you and your boob fetish. Although i do say, you have good tastes 8D
Aug 26, 2010 6:28 AM

Jan 2009
loli_slayer said:

Her new Striker unit has a potential of 32,767 magic power now. :V

Aside from the Striker Unit appearing out of nowhere, and the silly "TOO STRONG FOR THE OLD UNIT", it felt kind of dumb how she couldn't ride the broomstick anymore. There ain't supposed to be a limit for broomsticks. Only the well-trained witches are supposed to be able to ride brooms, right? Something like that.

Strike Witches 2 makes me angry again. How normal. (Is never going to be able to like it)
IaMP with me.
Aug 26, 2010 8:46 AM

Feb 2010
Holy f*cking shit, her power level! It's over NINEE THOUSAAAAAAND! :O
Aug 26, 2010 9:29 AM

Apr 2010
gonorrhea said:
loli_slayer said:

Aside from the Striker Unit appearing out of nowhere, and the silly "TOO STRONG FOR THE OLD UNIT", it felt kind of dumb how she couldn't ride the broomstick anymore. There ain't supposed to be a limit for broomsticks. Only the well-trained witches are supposed to be able to ride brooms, right? Something like that.

Strike Witches 2 makes me angry again. How normal. (Is never going to be able to like it)
Her broomstick broke because she was to powerful, which was also the reason why she could not fly with it.
And Brooms can only be used by witches who have very good control over there powers.
Aug 26, 2010 9:37 AM
Jun 2008
Aversa said:
gonorrhea said:
loli_slayer said:

Her broomstick broke because she was to powerful, which was also the reason why she could not fly with it.
And Brooms can only be used by witches who have very good control over there powers.
Then how come she can fly so well in the broom episode?
Aug 26, 2010 9:38 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Aversa said:
gonorrhea said:
loli_slayer said:

She need's to upgrade to a vacuum cleaner.
Aug 26, 2010 9:58 AM

Jan 2008
Entire episode had Bleach/Shounen Jump written all over it.
Aug 26, 2010 11:04 AM

Apr 2010
MorningGlory said:
Aversa said:
gonorrhea said:
loli_slayer said:

Because her magic wasn't as powerful back then as it is now.
Seeing as she was able to control her old striker unit perfectly back then.
And it was malfunctioning now.
Aug 26, 2010 11:13 AM

Aug 2009
*Waits for gif roll*
Aug 26, 2010 11:16 AM
Jun 2008
Aversa said:
MorningGlory said:
Aversa said:
gonorrhea said:
loli_slayer said:

..the old striker did not malfunction as mentioned in this episode.Perrine suspect that Miyafuji is malfunctioning.
I think that new striker is custom made just for Miyafuji......
Aug 26, 2010 11:24 AM

Apr 2010
MorningGlory said:
Aversa said:
MorningGlory said:
Aversa said:
gonorrhea said:
loli_slayer said:

..the old striker did not malfunction as mentioned in this episode.Perrine suspect that Miyafuji is malfunctioning.
I think that new striker is custom made just for Miyafuji......
Technically speaking Miyafuji couldn't operate it because of safety limiters.
Miyafuji magic was just to overpowered, and the safety limiters prevented her from blowing up her unit.
So i might be contradicting myself here but neither Miyafuji nor her unit where malfunctioning.
Aug 26, 2010 2:38 PM

Jun 2008
Miyafuji's new "Shinden" Striker Unit in reality never was more than an obscure prototype. However it got rearward propellers, so maybe it's even fitting as a Striker Unit.

If Miyafuji gets a new Striker, i want Barkhorn to get her Me262 back...
Aug 26, 2010 3:39 PM

Sep 2009
so Miyafuji's old striker unit failed to work due to her vast power *plotkai goes here*, so she upgraded to a much better one.

next ep...more loli action
Aug 26, 2010 9:04 PM

Jan 2010
Hoppy said:
HawthorneKitty said:

This lol, that end was truly fucked up...

As for the episode, I only liked the ending (very cute), the rest felt too fake to me.
Aug 27, 2010 7:11 AM

May 2009
I have to admit that I actually think that the GAR Yoshika seen in ep 08 was awesome.

Other than that, I guess this was just your ordinary "the plot thickens even though no one has given a flying fuck about it since ep 02"-episode. The "Too strong for the old Striker Unit"-story surprised me. All the way up to the new unit appearing, I was thinking that it's just some psychological issue and it's just all in Yoshika's head.

All in all, entertaining pantsu trolling as usual. The preview of ep 09 was exciting - if all goes well, I'll finally get to see Perrinne actually wielding a rapier (seeing all of that rapier shit in the official art and such gave me certain expectations when season 1 was airing. Needless to say, I was disappointed back then). We'll see how it'll be this time around.
Proselyt said:
If Miyafuji gets a new Striker, i want Barkhorn to get her Me262 back...

Heh, well said.
Aug 27, 2010 7:33 AM

Jul 2010

zimnoSep 12, 2010 10:03 AM
Aug 27, 2010 12:53 PM

May 2010
This was an epic episode. That letter that Yoshika got like in the first episode helped to build her custom striker unit. And we see the most awesome form of Yoshika yet. She gets pissed off.
Aug 27, 2010 9:48 PM

Jun 2010
Awwwww the ending part is heartwarming
Aug 28, 2010 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
Miyafuji GAR Mode>> All
the episode was awesome, finaly we see some of Miyafuji real power.
Aug 28, 2010 9:31 AM
Aug 28, 2010 3:20 PM

Jun 2008
Paul said:
Entire episode had Bleach/Shounen Jump written all over it.

I wish Bleach had Flying lolis only wearing pantsu...

Anyways, another great episode, it's amazing how fast the season goes, we're down to only 4 more episodes, this is usually when the series starts getting more dramatic and serious, hopefully we get a big revelation/surprise.

Also, once again Yoshika manages to grope Lynette at the end, she's really in love with Lynette's oppai...
Aug 28, 2010 6:19 PM
Jun 2010
Miyafuji is like the female version of Naruto. She says the same things all the time.
Aug 29, 2010 7:57 PM

Sep 2008
mrcgnarkill said:
Miyafuji is like the female version of Naruto. She says the same things all the time.
At least the cast here is good look at and it doesn't go on with endless episodes of nothing though.
Aug 29, 2010 9:09 PM

Aug 2008
Major Sakamoto was GAR (as usual), Miyafuji was GAR, this whole damn episode was GAR! I love it when this show gets intense like this. That convenient upgrade brought me back to the days of Power Rangers and super robot anime.... hell, it was more Gundam or Code Geass than anything. 5/5 baby, looks like the show is starting to get serious again.
Aug 30, 2010 7:32 AM
Jul 2010
Man, I wish Strike Witches would never end, LONG LIVE MOE, LONG LIVE STRIKE WITCHES!!!! Ang epic ni Miyafuji, cute na, epic pa!!!
Aug 30, 2010 10:35 AM

Oct 2009
A limiter in the old striker? Then what about the plain broom?
Aug 30, 2010 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
Aurao said:
A limiter in the old striker? Then what about the plain broom?

Miyafuji is still young, it is normal for a girl her age to develop and it probably goes the same way for her magical power: They keep growing.
The old striker unit was able to contain it for a moment but now her power is too great, add to that the determination she got when seeing Sakamoto train she probably pushed her magical output to her limit to be able to learn the reppuzan from her.

Now she wasn't able to ride the broom because of her major lack of control over her power that was stated since the beginning of the serie. She start to be able to use her healing power correctly so do not expect her to be able to control her power as much as a high class witch.
Yes Miyafuji could be able to fly with a broom if she had a very good control over her magical power, now she is just putting a high amount of magic in the broom which lead it to 'explode' withtout having the control to use it properly.

The new unit came out of nowhere, I was loling so much.

I don't think Miyafuji will get any new spell or technique, she'll probably make big ass shield like the one she used to block the nereui this episode and will ram through everything moving with it.
Sep 11, 2010 2:28 AM

Jan 2010
Good episode, Miyafuji's new Striker unit <3
Sep 11, 2010 1:13 PM

Feb 2010
That was probably the biggest magic circle Ive seen from Yoshika there. Now she has a new Striker unit! cool!
Sep 26, 2010 7:34 AM

Dec 2007
Awesome episode !
Jan 11, 2011 9:06 PM

May 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
Hoppy said:
HawthorneKitty said:

I thought this was a sisterhood anime where the girls don't do bitch-like things to each other.

Huh? That's not bitch-like, what are you talking about? Seriously, if the ship you're on is about to be destroyed, then you should save it, right? Lynn probably just saved Miyafiji's life, because if she stayed with Miyafuji, the neuroi would have just blown up the ship. But, if saving her friend is bitch-like, then I agree. How shameful *rolleyes*

Anyways, I agree with the question, how come she couldn't fly the broom? The strikers have limiters, sure, but brooms certainly don't. This basically implies she can't control her powers, making that broom-training episode completely useless. Oh well...
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 9, 2011 2:06 AM

Sep 2010
At least they addressed why the new striker worked, but that still doesn't answer why she heard her father's voice (but you know, that could have just been in Yoshika's head) and why it suddenly appeared by itself.
And lol at fueled with rage Yoshika; it doesn't work too well on her.
Jun 10, 2011 1:04 PM

Mar 2011
Guns. Guns and anger are how to defeat aliens.

So sayeth Miyafuji.

New striker unit, yey!

Can we get a new gun too? Bren if possible (unlikely)!
Jan 30, 2012 10:22 PM

Feb 2011
The same happened to me, my old F-22 couldn't handle my awesome flying skillzzzz, so now I ride my CFA-44 Nosferatu.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Jul 7, 2010

87 by Wrongthinker »»
Oct 18, 2023 12:35 AM

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Jul 14, 2010

59 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 24, 2023 10:00 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Aug 18, 2010

93 by MiaAyende »»
Sep 20, 2022 9:45 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Jul 21, 2010

66 by Asgard6 »»
May 22, 2022 6:33 AM

» Hartmann's Hair Color

ColdBisquiT - Aug 2, 2021

5 by JokoSukino »»
May 16, 2022 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.