Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2010 3:40 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I can't stop crying, it's not even slight crying, I AM SOBBING UNCONTROLLABLY.

I broke down seeing Kouichi and Shijima get what they wanted, and then pretty much lost any control I had left seeing Yoite again. I don't think I can reread this series, ever.

At least Raikou and Gau had a non-soul crushing ending.

;__________;

BEGINNER
Aug 17, 2010 3:46 PM

Nov 2008
I loved it, even though I'm crying too ;_;

Seeing Kouichi and Shijima go was so sad, but expected. As for Yoite...from what I gathered he's alive right?? Because we see him entering a room and Yukimi greeting him...*holds on the last shreds of hope*

Aug 18, 2010 8:19 AM
May 2009
I loved the series and I loved the ending. I cried ;_; I know it isn't related, but I liked it sooo better than the FMA end two months ago (even though the Cow , unlike Kamatani, finished every thread, the end didn't leave a big impression on me...) :'D I love bittersweet endings~
I'm glad that Shijima and Kouichi were able to die (even though on Kouichi's side it seemed pretty egoistic after Raimei begged him to not die, but I guess he hadn't much of choice. Their goodbye was pretty... light, too, but... can't see if it could be done different), and that everyone seemed happy in the end, and they remembered Yoite (they did, right? But he didn't come back, huh? Perfect :P). Yes. I loved this end. Of course, it felt a bit rushed, and some things were left hanging, but still. Well, I think this chapter was just too short.
I will SO reread this series when all scanlations will be available.

ETA: after reading the translation, I'm confused. o_o well, at least I'm pretty sure that Yoite is gone, as far as I intepret, but now I don't get the thing with Shinra, Kouichi and Shijima. They were talking about going somewhere, being sent off somewhere, and also Shijima's "till we meet again" and "our original wish didn't come true"... It's more like they were sent off somewhere to be "drifting for eternity", like Shinra said.
...not sure if want. o_o
QashqaiAug 20, 2010 2:51 PM
Aug 19, 2010 4:25 PM

Apr 2008
I hated it. There was no closure between Kouichi and Raimei - and then she didn't even seem sad after he died. The ending with Yoite was confusing (they never actually SAY if he's back or not - Kamatani's way of backing out of making a decision whether to really bring him back; it's up to the readers interpretation, though hinted he's still dead), and there were SO many loose ends that were never tied up! Plus, the actual end of Shinra was completely anticlimactic. It was obvious Kamatani was just ending it because she was tired of Nabari and wanted to start her new series already. :/
Aug 21, 2010 9:36 AM

Dec 2009
I loved the chapter. I don't know, it was super touching and moving and really made me tear up when Yoite appeared, even if he didn't really come back lol. I mean, the void everyone felt because of having forgot Yoite was far too big and actually depressed me til no end. That hollow feeling it gave off was something that always made me angst, so I'm so happy Miharu and everybody remembered Yoite's existence. It kind of gave off the feeling that the whole issue with Yoite wasn't pointless and that all the things that happened throughout the series had something to do one with another. Idk, it's like the have finally moved one step forward, even if in the overall plot it doesn't feel like it lol.

However, it was reeeally confusing. From what I've understood abour Shijima and Kouchi, they became one with the Shinra? But, what happened exactly with Shinra? And.. why do they talk about coming but to life? It's just so.. idk, weird I guess lol.
Plus, there're a looooot of things that haven't been explained. Just what's up with the woman that killed Hatori? Isn't she going to do anything besides just killing the guy who she was supposed to follow? And it did kind of feel rushed..

All in all, it wasn't the best end eeeeevar, but it made me cry like a crybaby. I kind of feel it's more like an end to all those emotions the characters felt instead of being an end to the real plot, but whatever. I loved the series, the characters, and all their cute interactions so yay for Nabari XD!
Aug 23, 2010 4:57 AM
Aug 2008
I got the very strong feeling that whatever power brought back Yoite's memories brought him back as well. There is only one Yoite; do you think two Yukimi's is easier to believe than Yoite coming back to life? Come on!

Even what Hanna said at the end didn't make the idea of Yoite being dead seem more realistic; Miharu just got there he didn't have time to say anything.

I will like the ending more if Nabari gets a new beginning some day. I see what you call "lose ends" as possible plot points for a future spin off; think positively guys.
Aug 23, 2010 2:10 PM
May 2009
Chibisah said:
(...) she didn't even seem sad after he died.

For me, even though she said just "Take care", she seemed pretty damn sad. I bet she was angsting over it and hugging his jacket he left her in chapter 61 when got home XDDD

twirble said:
I got the very strong feeling that whatever power brought back Yoite's memories brought him back as well. There is only one Yoite; do you think two Yukimi's is easier to believe than Yoite coming back to life? Come on!

Ahem. Did Yukimi live in that apartament again anyway? And he always looked like that, sitting next to the PC when he was in Kairoushuu. It was like past. Like some kind of illusion, something symbolic, but I don't know what was it doing there anyway (it'd be a lot cleaner if the whole thing in Miharu's head (?) ended at shutting the door). Besides, if Yoite were to come back, why did their (Miharu's and his) reunion seemed so much like a goodbye? "Two Yukimis" is more likely to believe for me than Yoite coming back to live and coming back to home which was far away from the place Yukimi and others were in.
Well, anyway, okay, that was open to intepret, so nevermind, but...

twirble said:
Even what Hanna said at the end didn't make the idea of Yoite being dead seem more realistic; Miharu just got there he didn't have time to say anything.

Now that point sounds a bit ridicolous. Just got there? You think that he didn't come around there when Tobari was coming back to form? It had to take some time, and Miharu must've been curious about Tobari's condition. Also, if Hana knew that Kouichi and Shijima died, then she should've known that Yoite came back, too.

twirble said:
I will like the ending more if Nabari gets a new beginning some day. I see what you call "lose ends" as possible plot points for a future spin off; think positively guys.

Yup, gotta think positively. I hope that Kamatani will feel inspired for Nabari again someday. And I wish there'd be a new anime, too... :'D
Aug 23, 2010 6:24 PM
Aug 2008
It didn't seem like a goodbye to me at all; my first impressions were of a heroic Yoite being returned by the Shinrabansho and going to visit Yukimi. Yukimi's living situation after Hattori died is unclear to me but that felt to real to be symbolic; and Miharu still might not of said anything.

I will only be convinced one way or another if Kamantani takes up the series again. (Queen of De' Nile) In the meantime, boy will I miss her artwork.
Aug 23, 2010 9:07 PM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverAug 26, 2010 9:14 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 24, 2010 6:11 PM

Nov 2008
I think Kamantani tried to do an ambiguous ending that would please everyone and could be understood any way...but ti backfired ann ended up just too confusing.

Shijima and Koichi talk as if they'll come back...back also act as if they won't (maybe that's just confusion in the translations).

It looks as if Yoite came back...yet he doesn't appear in the last reunion. Yukimi says he named the cat Yoi because there couldn't be two Yoite's, making it sound as if Yoite was alive (otherwise wouldn't the cat be named Yoite in his memory?) but Hana talks as if he's dead...

...ugh in the end, choose what you think is the best ending and stick with it.

Aug 27, 2010 11:03 AM
Nov 2009
hi! does anyone know where i can read/download this manga.. thanks!!
Mar 7, 2015 5:32 PM

Apr 2014
FUCK U AUTHOR FOR BRINGING MY HOPES UP!!!!!!!!!!!! I LITERALLY CRIED FOR 5 MINUTES UNCONTROLLABLY BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOITE WAS BACK BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO OF COURSE HE'S NOT BACK IM SO BITTER WHY DOES SENSEI GET TO LIVE

BYE

(sorry i'm just so upset this was actually a decent manga)

edit: now that I have calmed down a bit, I would like to rate this manga and give my overall opinion. when miharu was with yoite it was a 9/10 for me, but then we got 20 boring chapters and a terrible ending. 7.5/10 for me overall, and I kinda regret reading it because it left me really upset and not in a good melancholic sort of way. I was hoping at least one good thing would happen, but even Raimei didn't get to stay with Kouichi. (and i secretly hoped sensei would die since he annoyed me, but even that didn't happen) this ending didn't seem happy to me at all, it just left me bitterly disappointed.
belovingMar 7, 2015 5:36 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2015 6:18 PM

Nov 2011
Hmm, that tease of Yoite...

Hey, at least we got to see him one last time rather than no mention. But yeah, him disappearing in the end was a bit disappointing. Overall, an alright series. It's been a long time since I've seen the anime series so I can't remember how well this was adapted. 6/10.
Jul 16, 2017 9:18 PM
Aug 2011
Ah this series was a bit of a clusterfuck near the end and and i'm not satisfied with the 'closure' of some of these things. I also was hoping for Raimei and Kouichi to happen.

Things I did like: Yoite! That subplot was the most interesting thing to me about this manga. I wanted so many good things to happen to Yoite and my heart was broken when all I kept seeing was suffering.
I also loved the art near the end. Compare it o the first few volumes, it changed so much.
And I also liked how the characters were less annoying than in the anime. I watched a few episodes years ago and I remember being so irritated by them.
standJul 16, 2017 10:36 PM
Jan 20, 2019 5:20 AM

Jul 2013
I can't say I like the ending, but it could've been worse. At least Miharu is happy.
Jul 18, 2021 1:11 AM
Nov 2020
Manga was decent, a 7.8/10. I really liked the characters, especially Yoite. Also, Yoite is definitely dead, the “welcome back” part is just showing us that the memories of him has returned and resided in the cast’s mind. Overall, great read and if you enjoy the typical shounen with a bit of tragedy mixed in, you’ll definitely enjoy this.
Jan 17, 2022 4:34 AM

May 2020
This was kinda meh to be honest. It’s unique in terms of character but it’s story is just all over the place and even though I like some of the characters, I just couldn’t really connect with them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Chapter 71 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 2, 2010

2 by beloving »»
Mar 7, 2015 5:15 PM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Chapter 70 Discussion

adamantine - Jun 20, 2010

4 by beloving »»
Mar 7, 2015 5:14 PM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Chapter 69 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 7, 2010

4 by beloving »»
Mar 7, 2015 4:58 PM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Chapter 65 Discussion

adamantine - Mar 4, 2010

4 by beloving »»
Mar 5, 2015 8:27 PM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Chapter 58 Discussion

adamantine - Jun 22, 2009

4 by beloving »»
Mar 5, 2015 5:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.