Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 16, 2008 12:14 PM

Apr 2008
Yagami, Light is more bad ass in my perspective.

NOTE: This topic is solely base on the two protagonist
TuzoAnimeMay 16, 2008 12:41 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 16, 2008 12:22 PM

Nov 2007
Plus Lelouch's personality is so much better than Light's.

Lelouch >>>>>>> Light. --;

imo ofc~
VizardMay 16, 2008 12:37 PM

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
May 16, 2008 12:32 PM

Jan 2008
Both are awesome in their ways!
May 16, 2008 1:04 PM
Feb 2008
I personally prefer Lelouch over Light. I'm not exactly sure why though, as they're almost exactly the same. Maybe it's just the fact Lelouch looks more badass? =3

I dunno, I found Light kinda annoying, but I don't find Lelouch annoying whatsoever. Lelouch just seems to have better morals. Light just came across as an asshole to me.
May 16, 2008 1:14 PM

Nov 2007
Probably Light
he's smarter than Lelouch
he's a true anti villian
May 16, 2008 2:21 PM

May 2007
Apart from his ego, Light has no weakness. He doesn't give a damn about anyone except himself and his tool of destruction is quite effective. Although both are brilliant actors and strategists, Lelouch is more moral and that would probably get him killed against Light.
May 16, 2008 2:36 PM

May 2007
light ftw
im a kira follower after all XP
May 16, 2008 2:46 PM

Nov 2007
Lelouch. Light was ok for the first few episodes, but then he totally lost it. I'm not that far into Code Geass, but I doubt Lelouch would do as many mistakes as Light did. Overall, he seems to be handling it much better. And doesn't go around killing people. Much.
Or at least, when there's some battle he's always in the middle of it. It's a bit hard to root for Light when everything he did was sit around and write names in a book, you've got to hand it to Lelouch that he's got the guts to pull the trigger.
May 16, 2008 2:56 PM

Oct 2007
Light is definitely smarter, and would definitely be able to beat Lelouch (if that's what this thread is talking about by 'Lelouch VS Light.')

However, Lelouch is in my favorites, and Light isn't, so I can't say I like Light more. Actually, I'm an L supporter. But, anyway, yeah, I'm just saying that Light was definitely at better what he did, not only because he is smarter, but also because of the fact that he basically lost all morals, unlike Lelouch, which allowed him to come closer to achieving his goals (though I didn't support his goals or actions.)

I select the option both are awesome.

May 16, 2008 3:02 PM

Mar 2005

normally this would go to spam, but I feel there are enough parallels between these two characters to warrant a thread of its own. the discussion would probably be valid
May 16, 2008 3:19 PM
Nov 2007
Actually, in a battle or wits to the style of Light vs. L, Lelouch would have the upper hand. All he'd need to do is stay under his Zero disguise while convincing Light to join his group— just like L had done. And assuming he's also taking on the role of L, he can just as easily manipulate the task force into working for him, with or without the Geass.

The plot at first would directly mirror that of Light and L's match in the first few volumes, with potentially a few minor differences. Once Misa is introduced, however, the tides would turn toward Lelouch almost entirely. With the suspicion of Light and Misa increasing, and potential for evidence against them growing more rapidly, all Lelouch would have to do at that point is use the Geass on either Light or Misa, commanding him/her to answer his questions as to who Kira is and how they've been killing people. Light/Misa, under the influence of the Geass, would inevitably confess to Lelouch, and therefore end up completely at his mercy.

This is, assuming Lelouch times his Geass at the right moment; either before Light and Misa lose all their memories of the Death Note, or after they regain them.
May 16, 2008 4:03 PM

Apr 2008
They are both insane! XD

Lulu and Light are smart, they wanted all world in hands, they had to sacrifice for that...
May 16, 2008 7:15 PM

Apr 2008
Convesation: Lelouch and Light in a face off as Zero an Kira (Z = Zero, K = Kira)

K: "Show me your face, you coward, and settle this!"
Z: "Sure."
Zero opens his mask and uses Geass
Z: "Now that you have seem my face, kill yourself."
K: "Yes, your highness!"
K writes his name in the DN and dies, Zero picks up DN
*Hmm, Charles Britannia"

END
May 17, 2008 12:02 AM

Jan 2008
Light. Simply because he was the model of inspiration for the creation of Lelouch.

And that's good, I like this kind of tragic anti-heroes.
nDeshMay 17, 2008 12:09 AM
May 17, 2008 12:03 AM
Feb 2008
Light is fat.
May 17, 2008 12:07 AM

Apr 2008
While I like Lelouch better, Light is a far more interesting and original protagonist.
May 17, 2008 1:10 AM

Jan 2008
i like them both, light is pure evil, and i love his maniacal laugh, he's so evil that he's cool, lelouch is kind of more human, cuz he actually tries to avoid killing when possible, but he's cool too
May 17, 2008 1:14 AM

Apr 2008
I have to go for Lelouch Bechause I think Light was better in the early episodes of Death note. And with the Geass would Lelouch win all time in my opinion.
May 17, 2008 1:16 AM

May 2008
Entirely agree with Xyik on the point that Light has no real weaknesses besides his ego. Lelouch is fighting for Nunnally and thus has a major exploitable weakness (especially since, as
, her name would be very easy to find out. I also get the impression that Light is smarter than Lelouch in general. It really just comes down to circumstances, though. Where would they face off? Do they know each other's powers? Light could get Shirigami eyes (though doubt he'd shorten his lifespan) but Lelouch has Zero's helmet, etc. Personally I'd root for Lelouch, but I think Light'd win in the end.

May 17, 2008 1:49 AM
Feb 2008
Stop pitting them against each other in a fight, it's ridiculous.

HEY LULZ LIGHT HAZ AN DEATH NOTES BUT LELOUCH CAN LEIK MINDFUCK HIM LOLOL
May 17, 2008 3:37 AM
Jul 2007
I voted 'Both are awesome!'

That's because I like Light's bad-ass behavior, but Lelouch fights with a reason.
And that's what makes it exciting to watch. Both are my top favo characters too =p
May 17, 2008 4:39 AM

Nov 2007
They are two excellent character ! Very charismatique, but if i prefer a little Lelouch (and Code geass too), Light is more diabolic XD
So i choosed for the vote "the two" !

May 17, 2008 5:01 AM

Nov 2007
Light.
1. He's original. Darned right.
2. Practically flawless (besides the gargantuan ego, as someone couldn't be more accurately pointed out). I seldom have qualms about angst antagonists, but it will eventually become tiring - who in the world would have the forbearance to sympathize each and every villain out there because they have dark pasts, anyway ? A perfect evil guy is much more refreshing.
3. Light is smarter than Lelouch. Because his ability to manoeuvre his way out of unplanned, unexpected situations is something Lelouch doesn't have.
May 17, 2008 5:16 AM

Jul 2007
I vote for Lelouch because he is more 'human', he regrets things on several occasions and wants to protect his sister, while Light is pure evil non-stop.
And I like to see Lelouch gradually losing his kindness and consience. I really missed this on Light's side.

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/ma2g][/url
May 17, 2008 6:07 AM

Jan 2008
I swear I've seen this thread somewhere else.

我爱你

May 17, 2008 6:12 AM

Oct 2007
Lelouch because he is an all-round amazing character <33~ lol ;3
May 17, 2008 7:50 AM

Nov 2007
Neither since I don't know anything about Light and I hate Lelouch since he is the biggest and most silliyest characther I have ever seen whit his "I-so-evil-and-scary" bullshit.

May 17, 2008 8:30 AM

Sep 2007
They both fit well into their respective shows. Lelouch is more human and more fallible than Light, and Lelouch has more weaknesses ('NUNALLYYYYYY!'). But that's not a problem - it makes him a good character for the kind of show Code Geass is.
May 17, 2008 5:29 PM

Oct 2007
Lelouch

May 17, 2008 5:57 PM
Oct 2007
Goku vs Ichigo, thread, NAO~
May 17, 2008 9:09 PM

Mar 2008
Lelouch definitely.
Better social skills and has the absolute power of Geass.
What Light?NO LIGHT.
May 17, 2008 9:25 PM

May 2008
Two of my favorite characters, but I'd have to go with Lelouch as I'm currently quite in love with code geass.^^
May 17, 2008 9:28 PM

May 2008
I prefer Lelouch over Light, though both are brilliant characters. Lelouch gets my nod over Light because he's able to bounce back from obstacles faster. It seems that every time someone throws a monkey wrench at Light's plans, then he gets more flustered than Lelouch and he leaves himself more vulnerable. Light also to me doesn't think about alternative plans as much.

Never be average...
May 18, 2008 12:05 AM

Mar 2008
Light Yagami comes out as victor, and because of four obvious reasons.

The first being:Who came first. This is really a no brainer. Light Yagami is the original anime antihero, and Lelouch is just the first hop on the bandwagon.
And while both caracters share the same traits, neigh up to the point to be called carbon copies of eachother(unnecessary thought)-and why wouldn't we like to see protagonists who have the style of the coolest comic book villains all the while being the good guys-, the point goes to Light simply because he IS a milestone character in anime.

Secondly, looking at how relatively successful the two characters are, it's clear to see who is the more competent 1 of the 2. Multiple times in Code Geass, Lelouch made mistakes that would have cost him his life if it wasn't for C.C. or someone else from Lelouch's helpers to get him out of trouble. In contrast, whenever Light makes a mistake, it's never so big that he would instantly fail his quest if he never got out of that situation. Even that one time when the case was so, Light was capable of achieving victory all by himself.(It is at this point where I have to disagree with other users concernign the morals of the two characters. Light is by no means evil, neither is Lelouch. Their goals and methods are just and should be by all means supported. It's just that; the fact that-during the course of their respected series- Lelouch is multiple times on the verge of regretting his actions, while Light never does such a thing, is simply because Lelouch's mistakes are more(sorry fans) moronic. More on that later.)

Thirdly, Light actually achieved victory and created a better world, while Lelouch got delayed a year(a remarkable achievment for Light, considering if we just try to imagine how the fate of antihero characters will turn out in the future of anime).

Last but not least: Lelouch is inferior to Light simply because of how Lelouch redefines the term "epic fail" towards the end of season one. Even if the previously stated reasons would not stand true, alone for this Lelouch could never be up to the greatness that is Light Yagami.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Lelouch drools, and Light rules.

P.S.: Seriously people, you need to stop making up these bizarre situations where Light goes up against Lelouch or vice versa. Mavericks like them would never fight each other. Instead, they would team up! After all, nobody-but the writers- can stop a Geass AND a Death Note.
May 18, 2008 1:21 AM
Jun 2007
Yagami, Light the one and the only real bad ass
May 18, 2008 5:15 AM

Mar 2008
This must be the silliest debate I've ever read, but I understand some points of it though. In my opinion neither one is better than the other. Lelouch and Light are two complete different persons, with diferent personalities and impeled to act by different reasons. And, as far as I'm concerned, Lelouch isn't badass, he is maniac and he depends A LOT on C.C (the Geass) and the Black Knights, while Light only shows his maniac side at the very end, and only depends on the Death Note when he needs to kill.

Both have amazing social skills. You can't say Light doesn't have it, because he manipulates people even better than Lelouch. Both have/possess supernatural powers, and both have the desire to make the world a better place in their own personal twisted way. I really don't have a favourite (especially because they aren't my favourite characters in their anime respectively) ^^
Jun 14, 2008 2:03 AM
Jun 2008
i think light...
lelouch is good at strategical play n got geass but they must meet face 2 face 1st...
light like in death note can find people like L but maybe thats because of his dad work...
either way they both great~
Jun 14, 2008 3:40 AM

Jun 2008
Lelouch's goal is different from Light's. His intention for his goal is also different than Light's. Lelouch's power is better (rofl) while Light's power is more creative. Light is more intelligent, but Lelouch care a lot more about his family, and even some of his friends. I think it's irrelevant if Light is compared to Lelouch in a duel, there are probably infinite actions that can happen, people say Lelouch got the upper hand but to identify his name and face is pretty easy if you just go to his school. I mainly suggested Lelouch also for how the two anime story lines progressed. The first half of Death Note was awesome, godly even, but after Near and Mellow came on the stage it just lacked something that I'm not sure exactly what it is, kind of made me lose some interest.

Oh, and Lulu's hawter. :(
TachiiJun 14, 2008 3:46 AM
Jun 14, 2008 3:51 AM

Feb 2008
Lelouch is hotter. Duh.

I find it far more interesting to watch Lulu than Light.

Jun 14, 2008 6:16 AM

May 2008
When it comes to being a badass,
Light would be the way to go imo. Cause what sets
Light apart from Lulu is the limitation of their means
to reach their goal, but I am aware that it would be a tad bit unfair
to compare Lulu with Light in terms of goal achievement, since
Lulu just wanted to make the world an easier place for his sister to
live while Light on the other hand wanted to recreate the world or
something and be the New God and all. But I mean cmon, Lulu
still harbored feelings for his sister, his friends and the members of the
Black Knights, while Light had no one he wanted to protect, well at least
on the first episodes,

Also terms of ingeniousness, Light has the advantage,
taken in consideration that he's Death Note has a quite
few rules that inhibit him, whilst Lulu has an ability that can manipulate everyone
just through eye contact means even if he can only do it once on each individual and
has an enemy Geass user of his own. But his power has almost no finite possibilities, controlling the whole town is just as easy as taking a walk in the park, well not really but you get the point. So yeah I'll go with Light.
Jun 14, 2008 6:31 AM

Jul 2007
um... i think you guys are forgetting something, but lamperouge isnt even lelouche's real surname

but ya, the two remind me greatly of each other... both hide identities, and both eventually become corrupt by their powers
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2008 9:55 AM

Jun 2008
Lelouch vi Britannia? :s

Too much possibilities if they were to "fight". :s
Jun 14, 2008 10:49 AM

Aug 2007
nobody can rise above Light :3
Jun 14, 2008 11:14 AM

Jun 2007
Definitely Light. He isn't tied down by some shitty morals.
Jun 14, 2008 11:45 AM

Sep 2007
i think light is more badass for killing off his allies/friends, and being happy for his family being dead and whatnot. so light :D

plus lelouch has some really corny lines and romance scenes x.x
Jun 14, 2008 12:22 PM

Mar 2008
Emo flip hair>>>Liberace collar.

I'm just going to leave it at that.
Jun 14, 2008 1:18 PM

May 2007
Light is more insane. Way intelligent than lelouch too.
And more athletic. lelouch can't even run. lol
Jun 14, 2008 1:19 PM

Apr 2008
Light because he's a psycho xD
Jun 14, 2008 1:41 PM

Apr 2008
DarkFlash said:
Light is more insane. Way intelligent than lelouch too.
And more athletic. lelouch can't even run. lol

LOL.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

32 by Zimmu »»
2 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece part 2 (the sequel)

Cyborgium - 3 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

63 by Tulleha »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 7 hours ago

25 by maya2003s »»
11 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

32 by alshu »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.