Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 15, 2008 7:12 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
O_o OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o_O

Th...this... this is.... exactly, literally,

Wow I don't know what to say :P
just PURE EPIC WIN?!

Naoki.. you dang tsundere bastard.. arggh it just drives me nuts how he behaves...
oh well, I'll get over it since he's the guy Kotoko chose.. XD

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
May 15, 2008 12:09 PM

Aug 2007
Finally. I was wondering when this ep would occur. Feels like its taking forever ^^; ha.

May 15, 2008 12:35 PM

Mar 2007
Yay, the episode I have been waiting for! That scene was one of my favorites in the manga and the taiwan live action, XD

I love Kotoko's dream at the beginning, too LOL
May 16, 2008 1:16 PM

Dec 2007
Wow, what a total a-hole. He won't allow her to be right, even about forgetting about him. Heh, my kind of guy :^)
May 17, 2008 8:05 AM

Feb 2008
Loved it X3
She's a super weirdo, but if she was standing there quietly you'd never know.
May 17, 2008 1:28 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lol, so it's enough to have a kiss at the end to make the episode good even though the rest was awfully average? Haha.

It came out of nowhere. So yeah, average episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 17, 2008 3:50 PM
Mar 2008
HOLY ****!!!!!!!
Awesome episode!!!!
I laughed hard during the ceremony, and in the second half... omg omg!!!
May 17, 2008 3:59 PM

Nov 2007
I was waiting for this episode ^_^ . Hopefully, considering the pace they're going, they'll be able to cover the majority of the manga. Can't wait for the next arc =)
May 17, 2008 4:06 PM

Nov 2007
Lol at how Kotoko thought the graduadtion would be, and how it actually turned out.

But wow I loved this episode. Even the kiss kinda surprised me, even though I saw it in the last preview.

Itazura na Kiss never fail my expectations, and I hope next episode will be good too.
May 17, 2008 4:12 PM

Mar 2007
The anime went for the big OMG dramatic finish to that scene. In the manga and the Taiwan drama, the scene feels a little bit more humorous. See that scene in the taiwan live action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUNm2PjMGsA

Well, maybe I just like his 'omg what did I just do?' reaction to it there, lol.
May 17, 2008 4:16 PM

Jan 2007
heh good episode. had some funny parts and a nice kiss at the end to boot. i'm glad that this show doesn't happen all in HS and is actually moving on in college.
May 17, 2008 5:05 PM

Aug 2007
Eh, an alright episode. The end was really nice though.
Kin is pretty much pissing me off now as well. He should know by now that he can't get Kotoko.
May 17, 2008 5:05 PM

Dec 2007
imo all the episode was kind boring - fast until the end, that they throw that wild kiss
the next episode will be interesting

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

May 17, 2008 5:12 PM

Mar 2008
I thought this Episode was awesome That Kiss Was great it was so unexpected!!!
May 17, 2008 5:43 PM

Feb 2008
lol i would say it was expected. as smart as he is, hes rather a weak person though. they fit eachother quite well though, although that kiss could be compared to drinking rotten milk. unfortunatley shes far too naive.
May 17, 2008 5:59 PM

Nov 2007
I knew he was going to do that the second he pushed her against the wall.

He's such a BASTARD!! ._.
May 17, 2008 6:07 PM

Jun 2007
YAY finally, the kiss! Poor Kotoko... Naoki just loves to see her suffer. And as much as I dislike Kinnosuke, I'm starting to feel a little sorry for him. He really does like Kotoko a whole lot >_< He's still INCREDIBLY annoying though.

May 17, 2008 8:00 PM

Jul 2007
HikaruYuki said:
I knew he was going to do that the second he pushed her against the wall.

He's such a BASTARD!! ._.

I have to say I agree with you. I don't know which I hate more, guys like that, or girls that fall for guys like that.

He's just manipulating her, and treating her like crap. She doesn't mind as long as she gets a little happiness from him.

I had a friend who had a boyfriend like that. They would get into arguments all the time but she stood by him b/c she "loved him". Those people are so crazy.

Only b/c this is an anime will I keep watching. I keep hoping that she'll get treated better. Oh well, at least there's only 19 more episodes of this left.

This episode made me drop the series by a point. Just seeing his grinning face as he walked away (and probably laughed to himself how he has her wrapped around his finger) just annoyed me to no end...
May 17, 2008 8:20 PM

Jan 2008
She was being a strong chic and I liked it. I was hoping she would slug the haughty bastard after the kiss. But knew that would pretty much end the series.
May 17, 2008 9:14 PM
Nov 2007
datsunvic said:
She was being a strong chic and I liked it. I was hoping she would slug the haughty bastard after the kiss. But knew that would pretty much end the series.

LOL! my thoughts exactly, but i think she should have smacked him and maybe he'll realize what a jerk he is....

on another note, kin-chan is really annoying me and it seems like he's just there to mess things up for kotoko by embarassing her more
May 17, 2008 10:08 PM

May 2007
Ugh. I keep on watching in hopes that things will change, but I'm getting so tired of his bratty, petty, pointless meanness to her. And I think it would be more enjoyable if I saw what she saw in him... but I don't. He's just a jerk. And occasionally he pulls that stick out of his ass for long enough to be semi-decent, but then he just resets at the beginning of every episode into uber-jerk. She thought he was cool from a distance, "fell in love" with him, got to know him and found out he's actually a prick, and she's still fantasizing about being with him? I don't get it. I don't get it at all. Even when he's nice, he's not super-nice... no where near nice enough to balance out what a jerk he is the rest of the time.

Meh.
May 17, 2008 10:22 PM

Jun 2007
XD woohooo!
I'm so glad Kotoko took out those pics. haw haw, I kinda suspected that she would :3
Naoki is such a bastard!!!! gah!!!

May 18, 2008 12:28 AM
Jul 2018
A funny and sweet episode as always. I found Kotoko and Kin-chan's double delusions quite amusing (noting the tape on the shattered fragments on one of Kotoko's before it gets broken again).

And of course, the kiss. It seemed awfully out of place in the conversation (ye olde 'kiss her to shut her up / prove her wrong') but hey, Naoki's probably a novice at this. I laughed far too much at the fact he's the only one who could follow a kiss with "Serves you right."

As everyone's said, Naoki is a tough character to analyze so far; he really is laying it into Kotoko but it's no doubt that he still does stand up for her. Would rather have them start mean and turn soft than the other way around, in any case.
May 18, 2008 2:31 AM

Sep 2007
X333333 What a great episode! (as always :P)
I love this anime <33333333333333
Naoki annoys me although o_o Why did he do that? BUT STILL IT WAS SO CUTE x3
May 18, 2008 2:58 AM

Jul 2007
May 18, 2008 3:12 AM

Mar 2008
omg...that heartless bastard!
poor Kotoko...she finally decided to give up on him and he kisses her.
he really is an asshole
May 18, 2008 4:14 AM

Aug 2007
I actually didn't enjoy this episode as much as the others... Kotoko kinda anoyed me. Same for Kin and Irie.
May 18, 2008 5:13 AM

Apr 2008
Darkreaper70 said:

Kin is pretty much pissing me off now as well. He should know by now that he can't get Kotoko.

agree -___-
btw good episode

May 18, 2008 5:30 AM

Nov 2007
Nice episode, though the quality of the animation seems to be dropping really fast to me.
May 18, 2008 6:59 AM

Aug 2007
Kind of funny to see how all these people react about Naoki being such a baka. I said it once why people react like this, so I won't say it again ^.^

Both Kotoko's as Kin's dreams were hilarious and of course they couldn't turn out to be real. I'm getting used to Kin's annoying actions, but those people really exist. Naoki is just challenging her... again.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
May 18, 2008 7:09 AM

Jul 2007
I agree with a lot of points here.
A. He is an asshole.
B. Kin is annoying >_>
But like dragon just said
he's basically challenging her. The thing is, we all know shes an idiot, he knows that all too well. But her determination and persistence will eb what carries her through everything. I know, for ive been in a relationship just like this @_@ pretty much anyways.
and yes, great episode :3
Haruhi-ism. Because the best religion comes from a god who doesn't know what she's doing.
May 18, 2008 7:34 AM

Feb 2008
iwubanime said:

I have to say I agree with you. I don't know which I hate more, guys like that, or girls that fall for guys like that.

He's just manipulating her, and treating her like crap. She doesn't mind as long as she gets a little happiness from him.

I had a friend who had a boyfriend like that. They would get into arguments all the time but she stood by him b/c she "loved him". Those people are so crazy.

Only b/c this is an anime will I keep watching. I keep hoping that she'll get treated better. Oh well, at least there's only 19 more episodes of this left.

This episode made me drop the series by a point. Just seeing his grinning face as he walked away (and probably laughed to himself how he has her wrapped around his finger) just annoyed me to no end...

You said everything I wanted to say !!! Thanks for saving me from writing it all down.

...this series is getting to ridiculously dramatic for me to handle.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2008 7:36 AM

Apr 2007
Jesus, Kotoko has no pride or self-appreciation. To like a guy like that... I seriously don't know how she can put up with that ego. Irie is totally a bastard. He has his soft points but they totally don't make up for the rest of his annoying personality. Good luck with that, Kotoko-chan.

And here I thought Chiaki Shinichi was bad. At least he didn't humiliate Nodame. He didn't need that sort of public presentation to know he was good. And he was good at what he did because he gave his best to it. Irie is just lucky and a self-absorbed bastard.

In any case, her dreams always make me laugh. XD
May 18, 2008 8:30 AM

Mar 2008
What a bastard.
May 18, 2008 8:37 AM

Feb 2008
Naoki is a bastard, I'm not seeing how he can redeem himself before the end.
If Kotoko owns him in some awesome way that might work too.

Also, as many have said, Kin needs to leave Kotoko alone.

May 18, 2008 8:39 AM

Oct 2007
kin is so annoying!!!
however, this was so cute!!! YAY
irie... i cant wait for whats gonna happen in the future.
May 18, 2008 11:14 AM

Mar 2007
LOLS at all the Naoki bashing XD

He kissed her because he doesn't want her to give up on him~ He knows she can change him, and she has started to already, but if she gives up, he is lost. Of course, then because of his stupid pride, he adds the asshole comment after, lol.
May 18, 2008 11:20 AM

Apr 2007
MagicalEmi said:
He kissed her because he doesn't want her to give up on him~ He knows she can change him, and she has started to already, but if she gives up, he is lost. Of course, then because of his stupid pride, he adds the asshole comment after, lol.

Indeed I realize that he doesn't want her to give up on him and that he stood up for her at one point, but I don't think it makes up for the whole jackass attitude he had at the graduation party, for instance. I can get not giving a damn about the button, and all that, but he just humiliated her and let the others laugh at her. That was just too low, imo.
May 18, 2008 12:49 PM

Dec 2007
AngelLily said:
Jesus, Kotoko has no pride or self-appreciation. To like a guy like that... I seriously don't know how she can put up with that ego. Irie is totally a bastard. He has his soft points but they totally don't make up for the rest of his annoying personality. Good luck with that, Kotoko-chan.

Meh, it's the whole "hard-to-get unreachable guy" thing that some girls find irresistable for some reason. I guess if she can somehow turn him around it will actualize her worth as woman, or something.
May 18, 2008 1:13 PM

Mar 2008
Totally agree with:
... it's enough to have a kiss at the end to make the episode good even though the rest was awfully average?

And i feel a bit upset the anime loses lots of its drama feeling by adding those childish comedy elements into it.. Even the dramatic scenes doesn't look so inspiring >_< and the most stupid thing is I'm quite easy to guess the scenario for the upcoming 5-7 eps despite I've never read the manga.
May 18, 2008 2:36 PM

Feb 2008
AWESOME! That kiss came out of nowhere.
And I laughed so much at Kin-chan's song.
He's annoying though x]
May 18, 2008 5:15 PM

Aug 2007
hmm KISSU eh? Irie's still an asshole though but his mama is awesome
May 18, 2008 7:13 PM

Oct 2007
THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME.

I don't understand why everyone is bashing Irie. It's so easy to tell that he likes Kotoko so much, but is just too proud to say it. I love watching him go back and forth between acting sort of how he wants people to percieve him and semi showing his feelings to kotoko.

Didn't you see how he got upset when Kotoko said she'd give up and him? of course he didn't want her to give up on him, so he kissed her. It was so cute. Yeah, he's being sort of obnoxious to her, but it's sort of his reputation and he just has a really cold personality in general. I really like how his character is developing though.

Okay, so maybe Irie and Kotoko are reminding me a lot of the initial dynamic between Yuu and Miki in marmalade boy. Yuu really liked miki, but instead he teases her and stuff to the point where when he tells her he likes her, she thinks it a joke. I just see Kotoko and Irie's relationship really similar, so I really dont see Irie as a bad guy here.

Anyway. Kin was SO HYSTERICAL this episode. I seriously could NOT stop laughing during his song. And both kotoko and kin's dreams were too funny. And I love how the mom joined the girls in watching Irie reject girls. too funny.

great episode.
May 18, 2008 7:15 PM

Jul 2007
It doesn't matter if he really likes her, he deserves the worst for what he did in the restaurant.
May 18, 2008 8:13 PM

Nov 2007
I love this show <3 and this episode was awesome. I can understand others' objections to Irie, but I don't share them. This is classic shoujo, with people doing dumb things, do-ra-ma (but not too much drama), and hints of romance (even if the prince is still more of a frog). I kind of wanted to punch Kin-chan though ^^;

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
May 18, 2008 8:13 PM

May 2007
Irie pisses me off...that's about all i can say. Normally when the main guy character's a jerk he at least has some redeeming qualities, but not Irie.

She was so close to winning and he pulled a low move like that (and he was the one saying she didn't pull any punches)

DRAGON EGGS!!!!
Help them hatch:
May 18, 2008 8:21 PM

Jun 2007
Kin-chan = annoying
Irie = bastard
Kotoko = haha shes stupid but fun xD
Good episode i wanna see whats going to happen next :p
May 18, 2008 8:39 PM

Jan 2008
Wow. So funny. I nearly creamed myself when she pulled out the picture. So, he likes her, for sure. And, just a random question, why are Kotoko and her friends hanging around with his mom?
May 18, 2008 9:16 PM

Jun 2007
Kin-chan is definitely annoying as hell. I really hope hes not like this in every future episode lol. Sure its funny at first but it gets annoying after the second time in the episode.

Irie was kind of mean in this episode but at the same time I think he was struggling with his image. As you can see he definitely doesn't want people finding out that his mom used to dress him up like a girl (that would crush his image) and he also doesn't want people to see that he harbors feelings for Kotoko. He clearly likes her though. You can see the way his expressions change when Kotoko becomes sad or in distress.

PS. the women in the next ep, could this be a possible match for Kotoko's dad? lol. In the OP it looks like she might hook up with Kotoko's dad haha.
May 18, 2008 9:17 PM

Jun 2007
Oh yes. Yes yes yes. This was great. Everything in this episode was executed so well: the graduation, Kotoko's frustration over both Kin-chan and Irie, and Irie being constantly fawned over, to come together into the kiss we've all been waiting for. Ah, I loved it. <3

The kiss was done very well, especially after that scene in the restaurant. It was the first time I actually disliked Irie - come on, guys, he's the classic shoujo love interest - but Kotoko handled it way better than I was expecting, pulling out the photos like that.

Oh man. I love this show so much. More, please! :D
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MagicalEmi - Sep 6, 2008

69 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 9, 2023 11:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.