Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 7, 2011 9:42 PM

Jan 2009
Been a while since these issues hit, and I'm thinking maybe it is a good idea to take the site offline for a while to fix the problems. I for one can live with the down time. Not sure how many others are willing to, but MAL is the best site I've seen for keeping lists of anime and manga.

No crabbiness on my part. Just another for the idea of the site being offline until the problems are fixed.

I wish you guys further luck ;)
Jan 9, 2011 9:12 PM

Oct 2008
Ive noticed my stats and other people's stats have not been updating...

If this fix is possible, id be nice to see how many im watching and have completed for my own sanity...
Jan 11, 2011 5:23 PM

Nov 2009
hi, i hate to be the bothersome type but ive also been having trouble with my stats. i have watched a lot recently and they must be very different by now so i was hoping i could get them updated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2011 7:59 PM

Sep 2008
Updates don't work, the other errors i can tolerate, but updates really need to be fixed.
Feb 2, 2011 1:02 PM
Apr 2010
open up donations again and higher someone to fix this shit =(
Feb 3, 2011 8:33 AM

Jun 2009
nextday said:
It was fine a few days ago, now it's terrible again.

This.
Feb 4, 2011 2:30 AM

Jul 2010
What to do to fix MAL? The answer is simple - delete clubs.
No clubs means no commenting on clubs. No clubs means no posting on club's forum. No clubs mean no club's profile, all that means less data on server.
And, in the meantime, no clubs means that a lot of users will leave MAL. Less users - even lesser lag.
As you can see - deleting clubs will solve all our problems.

And that, dear children, was an example of thing called "sarcasm". Try this at home, let's make world a better place.
Why I'm so sarcastic, you may ask... My stats are frozen for... 3, maybe 4 months? And it doesn't seems like anyone's going to do anything about this.
Club's are the only thing that keeps me here. So please, give me a reason to leave. (Yeah, that was also a sarcasm.)

Feb 4, 2011 2:53 AM

Dec 2009
I don't know why are so good the clubs... I only want to see my stats! But i can't...
Feb 4, 2011 4:14 PM

Oct 2009
If you can fix the lag without deleting the clubs that would be great but if the clubs are causing this much of a problem then it needs to be done. If people are only staying because of the clubs then they really have no point in being here and are only adding to the problem imo

Just saying...
Feb 5, 2011 8:46 AM

Jun 2010
i just started helping out with a club and lately updating it has been a hit and miss affair. though i do notice that if i do updates on certain hours (let's say daylight hours GMT+8), updating the club and my list goes smoother. i don't have any concrete data to back this up, so i cannot do anything to substantiate my claim.
Feb 5, 2011 6:35 PM

Nov 2007
In my honest opinion, getting rid of Club functionality entirely and purging the databases of the relevant tables would very likely alleviate a major strain on the servers.
Feb 5, 2011 6:57 PM

Jun 2010
Just fix the lag. Worry about MySQL later :/
My avatar is from Kowarekake no Orgel. Please stop asking.
Feb 5, 2011 7:17 PM

Oct 2010
Thanks For The Info ^__^
Feb 7, 2011 12:12 AM

Nov 2009
Skasio said:
What to do to fix MAL? The answer is simple - delete clubs.
No clubs means no commenting on clubs. No clubs means no posting on club's forum. No clubs mean no club's profile, all that means less data on server.
And, in the meantime, no clubs means that a lot of users will leave MAL. Less users - even lesser lag.
As you can see - deleting clubs will solve all our problems.

And that, dear children, was an example of thing called "sarcasm". Try this at home, let's make world a better place.
Why I'm so sarcastic, you may ask... My stats are frozen for... 3, maybe 4 months? And it doesn't seems like anyone's going to do anything about this.
Club's are the only thing that keeps me here. So please, give me a reason to leave. (Yeah, that was also a sarcasm.)

That's completely understandable. You'd have to be crazy to still frequently use this site despite all this lag. Xinil's playing it safe, he hasn't made a thread on this issue since December(and even that thread is locked).

You want my opinion? They found Saddam, they found a cure for syphilis, maybe they'll find Xinil, a cure for MAL.
DaimyoFeb 7, 2011 12:17 AM
Feb 14, 2011 12:08 PM

Apr 2010
Zarggg said:
In my honest opinion, getting rid of Club functionality entirely and purging the databases of the relevant tables would very likely alleviate a major strain on the servers.

Not to mention it would give MAL a better reputation overall. The thing that a lot of people seem to hate outside of MAL are all the clubs. So you give the site a better reputation + get rid of the strain on the server

Win Win IMO

Feb 14, 2011 3:36 PM

Aug 2007
is it me or is there TERRIBLE lag on this website?
Feb 15, 2011 4:51 PM

Jun 2009
doeman said:
is it me or is there TERRIBLE lag on this website?

Feb 20, 2011 12:27 AM

Aug 2009
LOL @bush pic XD

Gogetters said:
If you can fix the lag without deleting the clubs that would be great but if the clubs are causing this much of a problem then it needs to be done. If people are only staying because of the clubs then they really have no point in being here and are only adding to the problem imo

Just saying...

RyanSaotome said:
Zarggg said:

Not to mention it would give MAL a better reputation overall. The thing that a lot of people seem to hate outside of MAL are all the clubs. So you give the site a better reputation + get rid of the strain on the server

Win Win IMO

I don't like most of the clubs either. There are multiple clubs for the same thing.
Feb 20, 2011 2:22 AM

Apr 2010
Plus this is only my personal opinion, but I'm getting kinda tired of getting bombarded with club invites. I get a couple a day, even to stuff thats nothing even close to my interests, like Yaoi clubs. Its pretty annoying

Feb 25, 2011 8:33 AM

Oct 2009
Erm I read somewhere that it might take a few hours or maybe even days to update Anime Stats but mine havent updated since november... same with my friend Huberschwinkel hers hasnt updated either -.-
Feb 25, 2011 7:34 PM

Jun 2010
i got the same problem...its been so long that i forgot how many months it has been...anyways we should just hope and wait for the day where our stats get updated as well
Feb 26, 2011 12:31 PM

Jul 2010
I can't even update watched episodes at peak times anymore. Updating at 3am FTW!
Feb 27, 2011 9:07 AM

Aug 2007
The lag has gotten so bad that if you want to set something to completed you have to do it through the damn anime/manga page.
Feb 27, 2011 9:07 AM

Aug 2007
The lag has gotten so bad that if you want to set something to completed you have to do it through the damn anime/manga page.
Feb 27, 2011 12:24 PM

Jan 2010
I don't know about anyone else, but I can't change the order of any of my favs. It's not a huge problem, but it is a bit annoying.
Feb 28, 2011 11:59 AM

Mar 2009
Must admit it's been getting on my nerves recently, but I won't complain too much, that's not fair on the staff.

Considered moving to a new server?
Feb 28, 2011 1:16 PM

Jan 2010
No, I haven't considered that, but I may try it. Hopefully it'll work.
Feb 28, 2011 4:31 PM

Oct 2008
Lately the stats update quite fast, i hop it stays like that. Keep up the good work.
LapanMar 1, 2011 12:17 AM
Feb 28, 2011 4:56 PM

Oct 2009
Not for a lot of us, but I keep seeing people posting in here saying that theirs have updated.

Feb 28, 2011 8:17 PM

Sep 2010
Having waited almost 4 months for my anime stats to update, and still haven't is getting a little ridiculous, and it's annoying the hell out of me. My manga stats update at a normal rate, so I don't know what the problem with my anime stats is. I'm not going to complain too much, though. I understand they're having problems with it, and I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one who's stats haven't updated in months. It'll be fixed sooner or later....... hopefully. XD
Mar 1, 2011 1:27 PM

Oct 2009
Sevy-Chan said:
Having waited almost 4 months for my anime stats to update, and still haven't is getting a little ridiculous, and it's annoying the hell out of me. My manga stats update at a normal rate, so I don't know what the problem with my anime stats is. I'm not going to complain too much, though. I understand they're having problems with it, and I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one who's stats haven't updated in months. It'll be fixed sooner or later....... hopefully. XD

yep same here ...manga updates almost instantly depending on the time of day but i have now completed 20 anime already but it still shows 79 on my profile anime stats section -.- anoooying!!
Mar 2, 2011 11:19 AM

Dec 2010
You know if this place just had a third party forum like IPB or VBulletin the load from the form being on a different DB may fix the rest of the problems.
I mean, what do you expect from a single person writing the code for an entire forum...
I mean everyone you could even just copy user tables over from here to the new forum with a little bit of intellect... and most likely clone the forums....
I'm too cool for a snazzy anime avatar.
Mar 4, 2011 10:31 AM

Oct 2009
This is getting out of hand, 3 hours lag now and the week just started. This is site is practically unusable and the only alternative site (anime planet) has weirdos for admins.
Mar 4, 2011 6:11 PM

Oct 2009
londo said:
This is getting out of hand, 3 hours lag now and the week just started. This is site is practically unusable and the only alternative site (anime planet) has weirdos for admins.
They also don't list hentai or any "not yet aired" anime from what i've seen...

Incomplete... Unfinished... Not worthy...
GogettersMar 4, 2011 6:30 PM
Mar 6, 2011 3:41 AM

Jul 2010
Valkyrie-Ryu said:
OH NO IT TAKES 15 MINS TO SHOW I WATCHED AN EPISODE OH NO OH NO.

Slight understatement there. I watched a film yesterday early evening and it is still only ''sometimes'' showing that I've even watched it.

15 minutes? Try 16 hours - and counting.

I also watched the first episode and second episode of macross 9 hours ago, im still unable to update it to having watched the second episode.
Mar 6, 2011 5:05 PM

Nov 2008
I like how it shows an update I made 3 hours ago on the front page, but not on my profile, history, or actual list. And I made another update after that, and it isn't showing anywhere...annoying cause I moved a series from "on hold" to "watching" and I've watched at least 3 episodes after that one since then :|
Mar 6, 2011 5:05 PM

Jan 2011
Oo When I update the episode at the animelist its normaly change after..hm... a few second to 3 mins?
Its not a very long time...

Only if I add a new anime or change the status, it takes a little bit longer...
Maybe 5~15 minutes?

The thing, that still doesnt work is the "Anime Stats"
>-<

Mar 6, 2011 5:39 PM

Sep 2009
Avapops said:

Slight understatement there. I watched a film yesterday early evening and it is still only ''sometimes'' showing that I've even watched it.

15 minutes? Try 16 hours - and counting.

I also watched the first episode and second episode of macross 9 hours ago, im still unable to update it to having watched the second episode.

Same here, the lags have returned at high again :/
Mar 7, 2011 1:40 AM

Oct 2009
Valkyrie-Ryu said:
The lag is bad and annoying but it by no means makes the site 'completely unusable'. OH NO IT TAKES 15 MINS TO SHOW I WATCHED AN EPISODE OH NO OH NO. Seriously. If you'd rather use Excel to track your anime cause it doesn't lag, then go for it.

Anyways, I'd like a status update on this at least.. and I'd like to know if there's anything the users can do to help. In case you guys need more hands to work on these issues or something.. c:

Not even a slight understatement, it's a big understatement. The lag is 6 plus hours now.

People I know from my clubs here on MAL started transferring their lists over to Anime Planet and are even considering re-creating their clubs in some form there. I don't mean anything by that other than to show that many people are considering the site as unusable, also there was one case of person who was afraid she'll lose her lists (ok, that's irrational, but not everyone knows about databases).
Mar 7, 2011 2:56 AM

Jul 2008
ok, so... what gives? Are we going to get some updates on the status of the site?
Is something getting done to get the site back on its feet or is it history?
Come on boss, it's pretty obvious you don't give a damn about the site, I realize you've got your own life and shit, but DAMN... some feedback wouldn't hurt you know.

And yeah, one more thing... why is everyone posting the same exact thing? 'Hey, my stats don't update', 'Hey, mine too', 'I gotta wait 10 mins to see any changes in my list', 'I gotta wait 10 weeks to see any changes', 'bla bla bla...'
Duh...?
For heaven's sake... another thread's gonna go to hell...

I'm starting to lose my sanity here, and it's soooo pissing me off
sorry 'bout that
ksyssRMar 7, 2011 5:13 AM
Mar 7, 2011 3:10 AM

Jul 2009
I just want to ask this " is this problem can be solved with some financial support ? "
If the answer is " yes " , i would like to help beacuse i really like this web site and im spending min 2-3 hours a day here.

And im sure generally other members feel same like me.
Mar 7, 2011 5:57 AM

Jan 2010
Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on with this site. Moderators do you have any idea? Can someone please clue us in. I too have moved my list over to AP but I do not want to leave this site and I'm sure others don't want to too. But as it stand right now, we don't know if were going to lose this site, our lists, or our clubs, but, that seems like what is happening right now.

Someone, please go ask the big man in charge of this site, what the hell is happening?

*your's likely to see this post 10 years later*
Mar 7, 2011 5:57 AM

Jan 2010
Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on with this site. Moderators do you have any idea? Can someone please clue us in. I too have moved my list over to AP but I do not want to leave this site and I'm sure others don't want to too. But as it stand right now, we don't know if were going to lose this site, our lists, or our clubs, but, that seems like what is happening right now.

Someone, please go ask the big man in charge of this site, what the hell is happening?

*your's likely to see this post 10 years later*
Mar 7, 2011 7:26 AM

Apr 2009
It's kind of funny (?). Now animes from my complete list (updated 3 days ago) miraculously are on my watch or plan to watch list. Hmmm...
Mar 7, 2011 8:00 AM

Apr 2009
I'm posting second time sice my last post disapered. Actually my avatar to. And I'm offline when I'm online.
About my list. I updated yesterday and in added one of the animes to my complete list then today it put it again on the watch list. The same with two others that I updated today and I can't add new anime to the list.
Mar 7, 2011 8:04 AM

Jun 2010
ilovehaji said:
Sevy-Chan said:

yep same here ...manga updates almost instantly depending on the time of day but i have now completed 20 anime already but it still shows 79 on my profile anime stats section -.- anoooying!!

This is also happening to me, and been happening for a few months. Everything works fine on my anime list, sure sometimes it takes a little while for changes to show up but whatever. But on my anime section on my profile, it's still showing I have 47 PTW for example, when I actually have 83.
Mar 7, 2011 8:14 AM

Apr 2009
Why I can't even post. Don't care anymore.
Mar 7, 2011 11:22 AM

Mar 2009
MAL just need to close registration, close clubs, delete all new users accounts and create an invitation system but this is MADNESS!
Mar 7, 2011 3:01 PM

Apr 2009
My post appeared after 7 hours. "Nice"... To bad my anime list is still 3 days back.
Mar 7, 2011 3:22 PM

Oct 2008
It looks like its switching around madly between two databases. Sometimes i can already see my updates, sometimes i see the same i had a day before.

Also i see MySQL errors everywhere.

Time to backup my lists just in case i guess, the issues havent been this bad dor a long time.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

214 by Veredus »»
10 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by Jeniferu4edy »»
Yesterday, 12:58 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.