Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 20, 2008 6:41 AM

Mar 2008
by the way Westlo, do you have any links or news to support your claims about the polls in Japan?
Jun 20, 2008 3:34 PM

Oct 2007
This months newtype poll, bottom right, second number on the right not in bold shows last months position.

http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=9322811&owner=Koshimizu

#1 = C.C
#2 = Kallen
#3 = Sheryl
#4 = Ranka

Last months Animage poll

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4495/a14051364a9687cea3cc2bfib7.jpg

Sheryl and Alto are tied for 26th spot with someone else, no Ranka on poll.

Online poll

http://www.vote5.net/anime/htm/1206894587.html

It goes like this..

China = Sheryl domination
English = Sheryl preferred (though with some polls on some forums like Macross World it's getting closer to China)
Japan = Sheryl slightly.
Jun 21, 2008 12:10 AM

Mar 2008
lol, the polls seemed to be fun (the macross F one). I wonder what do they mean by "The person inside Sheryl Nome"? o_O (rank 32, online poll)
Jun 21, 2008 3:37 PM

Nov 2007
I think Alto will end up with Ranka, she is the moe characther and the one the makers want's us to pity.

But my opinion is that he shouldn't end up with any girl at all, seriously love isn't a mobilephone in a store where you can pick which one you want. If a person dosen't know who he/she loves and has to think it over then he/she dosen't love anyone at all.

Jun 25, 2008 6:03 PM

Dec 2007
drusila said:
I think Alto will end up with Ranka, she is the moe characther and the one the makers want's us to pity.

But my opinion is that he shouldn't end up with any girl at all, seriously love isn't a mobilephone in a store where you can pick which one you want. If a person dosen't know who he/she loves and has to think it over then he/she dosen't love anyone at all.

LMAO. Is it supposed to be love at first sight or something? Fail. Its not like he grew up with them, he has to get to know them first, doesn't he?
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jun 29, 2008 2:35 PM

Nov 2007
i hated sheryl at first but with each episode, she appears to be less and less self centered and more and more caring about others. she was a bitch in both episode 1's but from then on she did just these little things that made me question her unlikeable personality. at first, i also thought she was just teasing the hell out of alto, but like..her bday gift to him was wanting to let him fly in real air space..that's just so incredibly thoughtful of her. she's also honestly supportive of ranka's career while still being fair competition for alto's affections. she cares a lot about her fans, too, and wants to inspire them with her music, not just make money from singing.
Jun 29, 2008 2:45 PM

Apr 2008
I don't like Alto...he doesn't deserve either of the girls...

Jun 29, 2008 4:57 PM

Dec 2007
i think alto should just die at the end
simple and clean
no fights that way. hehe

as much as i hate the thought, i think he wud end up w/ sheryl, cuz his type of guy usually end up with her type of girl
Jun 30, 2008 12:36 AM

Oct 2007
caboose_ftw said:
I don't like Alto...he doesn't deserve either of the girls...

Yeah he hasn't done much to deserve either of them and the way he ignored Ranka at the end of 11 and Sheryl at the end of 12 was /facepalm.

Pity it can't be Sheryl X Ranka....
Jun 30, 2008 12:37 AM

Apr 2008
Westlo said:

LET'S WRITE UP A PETITION!
they need MOAR twist!

Jun 30, 2008 7:53 PM

Dec 2007
caboose_ftw said:
Westlo said:

LET'S WRITE UP A PETITION!
they need MOAR twist!

yaya!!!!

alto x macross!
Jul 1, 2008 12:00 AM

Oct 2007
Alto leaves the vf-25 for the hotter women aka the macross
Jul 1, 2008 3:57 AM

Mar 2008
that's bull, you know that he'd flirt the VF-27 given the chance, XD.
Jul 29, 2008 6:41 PM

Jul 2008
i totally want ranka and alto to be together
theres somethin about sheryl that i just dont liike
but if sheryl and alto does end up together, i wish for ranka and Brera

but i heard that there "siblings" idk. well see how it goes
Jul 31, 2008 7:06 AM

Oct 2007
Ranka and Brera aren't blood related... Brera has no blood XD
Feb 5, 2009 11:08 PM

May 2008
calla said:
a vote for ranka is a vote for pedophilia

sheryl ftw
Amen to that brother
Feb 12, 2009 3:51 PM

Nov 2008
Ranka X Alto is a joke...because both Alto and Ranka didn't loved the other.
Even Ranka's love was just a deep crush, because it was totaly selfish(just the seeking of attention)
Perhaps after she left she matured a little bi(curse to the editors because her "maturity" can't be shown a lot).
And Alto was just somehow attracted to her at most...perhaps she was a good friend and somewhat felt like for him as he have a little sister/daughter.
Some ppl saying that we can't see Alto running to save Sheryl...it has a simple reason she has never needed it!(exept maybe ep 13 Valkyre scene but luckyly Alto arrived at time...perhaps it's not the classical rushing to protect scene)

Shery and Alto: Their story started very warmly(princess hug at the concert, locker incident, kiss on the cheek, and even a sudden kiss from her...perhaps it was concidence or teasing...but the later have meaning), but they're always arguing with each other...why?
It's pretty easy: both of them are good actors and tsundere(in terms of feelings to each other)
I was convinced with the solving of love triangle at ep 22, where they're kissed(looking back i'm not so sure it had realy happened because we seen only closing their faces and even just from distance...but back then i was sure).
Alto don't start that kind of thing even if it would be out of sincerity so it must be real love...perhaps Sheryl with that expression was somewhat irresisible:P

the second part of the last episode was just Kawamori's "trolling" to fuel the shipping wars...(the corny and overly miraculus healing of Sheryl, the slap scene, the whole fake triangle ending...)
I can even buy the story more if they're ended up killing Alto at the end of Ep 24 and leave Sheryl to die from her illness(and the whole thing helps Ranka to mature)...i would love to see a hospital scene where Sheryl lies at the final stage Ranka and others near her...
Somehow more real...perhaps not a single Macross show could had a sad ending...
Feb 16, 2009 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
Alto X Sheryl all the way

Ranka needs a a bro-con or something or maybe they are my "taisetsuna tomodachi" but im going to pursue my career as a Vajra-Human/Zentraedi mediator
Mar 15, 2009 7:31 PM

Nov 2008
Westlo said:
Ranka and Brera aren't blood related... Brera has no blood XD

Westlo, you are my hero X_D

I voted for SherylxAlto. Why? Well, I don't think Alto's that stupid to chose a green pet over a wonderful woman as Sheryl <333
Apr 26, 2009 9:05 PM
Apr 2009
Sheryl it is... Ranka is like a kid and still too immature... while Sheryl already displays maturity... I also started disliking Sheryl in the beginning but through the series, I started rooting for her to end up with Alto... c'mon Alto... wisen up hehehe

By the way, is there a forum here that would like to speculate if Mikhail is alive or not? I just feel too sorry for Klan Klang... who knows, the Vajra might have taken him and could've healed him in the process...
Apr 27, 2009 10:22 PM

Nov 2008
Michael is dead fior sure in the series...maybe it's changes in the movie.
Jun 14, 2009 9:57 AM

May 2009
Alto and Sheryl.

...obviously. XD
Jun 22, 2009 1:56 PM
Apr 2009
I really disliked Sheryl at first, but she really grew on me. I think that the banter between herself and Alto is more interesting. Ranka is cute, don't get me wrong, but she just seems a little too childish.

So... Alto x Sheryl!!!!!
Jul 5, 2009 5:05 PM
Jul 2009
>.> i think ranka cus there some bout sher That i fkin hate like to mi i think teh girls a bitch she jus uses him i jus hope he opens his eyes n see how much ranka likes him :)
FUCK U!!! SHER

ps. n if she did end up in a hospital n was dieing id b laughing n cheering in joy :D
Jul 5, 2009 10:33 PM

Nov 2008
So you've watched the whole series? If yes then you can surely see it's nothing like that. She suure like to tease him, but that's all. If she really wanted to use him, then she just needed to tell him about her illness the moment she knew that.
Jul 11, 2009 10:09 AM

Apr 2009
Alto x Sheryl.

Ranka x Burera-San.

Everyone's happy =P
Jul 23, 2009 10:56 AM

Dec 2008
deff' Ranka. I don't like Sheryl :/

& &
Jul 26, 2009 12:01 PM

Dec 2007
Sheryl.

I don't even see how people can think that this triangle is completly open ended. It's like SnS II or FMP where it's blatantly obvious who's the winner even if there isn't an all out " I LUURVEEE YOUUU, LET'S DATE!" confession scene.
yakisobapanJul 26, 2009 12:10 PM
Aug 16, 2009 8:20 AM

Apr 2009
Sheryl X Alto for sure.
I don't see Ranka and Alto being together...I just don't.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Aug 26, 2009 9:08 AM

Mar 2009
kenny35 said:
calla said:

sheryl ftw
Amen to that brother

So true. Really if they hadn't said that Ranka is 16 I would have thought that she is something like 12. It just seems too awkward to me see Ranka x Alto as a couple when other one looks almost like a adult and other one looks like a child.
Sep 4, 2009 10:32 PM

Jul 2009
Ariana said:
Sheryl x Alto

And I don't like Ranka, she's so self-centered. She talks about herself all the time and doesn't know anything about Alto. At the beginning I thought I would like Ranka better, but then I changed my mind. Sheryl is awesome.

Same. I also hate how she just clings onto Alto. Pathetic.
Sep 5, 2009 6:05 PM

Jun 2008
KillerMan91 said:
kenny35 said:
calla said:

sheryl ftw
Amen to that brother

So true. Really if they hadn't said that Ranka is 16 I would have thought that she is something like 12. It just seems too awkward to me see Ranka x Alto as a couple when other one looks almost like a adult and other one looks like a child.
Remember that Ranka has Zentradi in her genes. I can't remember how much. So maybe Zentradi's age slower than humans?
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Sep 5, 2009 6:11 PM

Jun 2008
For a guy to be THAT dense, I'd say he doesn't deserve neither. Seriously, I was partially raging every time Frontier had that romance love triangle aspect thrown upon nearly every episode. But if I had to choose, I guess I'd go with Sheryl as well. :\

controlmajortom said:
Ariana said:
Sheryl x Alto

And I don't like Ranka, she's so self-centered. She talks about herself all the time and doesn't know anything about Alto. At the beginning I thought I would like Ranka better, but then I changed my mind. Sheryl is awesome.

Doesn't Sheryl sorta clings to Alto, as well? And Alto did save Ranka, like a bunch of times if memory serves. And Sheryl as well. So it doesn't really surprise me if they do.
Sep 5, 2009 7:25 PM

Jul 2009
Tachii said:
Tachii said:
For a guy to be THAT dense, I'd say he doesn't deserve neither. Seriously, I was partially raging every time Frontier had that romance love triangle aspect thrown upon nearly every episode. But if I had to choose, I guess I'd go with Sheryl as well. :

controlmajortom said:
Ariana said:
Sheryl x Alto

Doesn't Sheryl sorta clings to Alto, as well? And Alto did save Ranka, like a bunch of times if memory serves. And Sheryl as well. So it doesn't really surprise me if they do.

Not really (except near the very end, I guess). Sheryl does her best to not involve Alto in most of her problems like when
Sheryl is mentally strong enough to do things herself.
Nov 6, 2009 11:24 AM

Sep 2009
Sheryl.
Sheryl.
& Sheryl.
No other than Sheryl. D:
Ranka annoys me.. she clings to alto too much . i dont really blame her, she has nobody left. but she needs to learn to be more independent. sheryl has nobody at all.
Nov 29, 2009 11:30 AM
Jun 2009
Sheryl, and I make my decision on pure logic.

I started out liking Ranka and not really caring about Sheryl. Sheryl's attitude in the first episode regarding Micheal and co. seemed bitchy and stuck-up while Ranka's innocent encounter with Alto was quite charming.

After that episode, my views on both characters were reversed. Ranka started becoming self-centered after she makes it big. Sheryl shows her soft and sensitive side regarding everyone around her.

Example 1) Ranka and Nanase have always been best friends. Nanase supports Ranka's relationship with Alto and despises Sheryl for it, as seen in the shower scene and in later conversations. But after Ranka debuts, she does not contact Nanase at all, or that we can see. Sheryl on the other hand, is clear that Nanase dislikes her but still opts to protect her in the last episodes.

That is the personal reason why I like Sheryl over Ranka, and here is why there is no chance that Alto will end up with Ranka if he ends up with anyone at all.

There is no sexual tension between Alto and Ranka. At All. Alto blushes from seeing Sheryl in her swimsuit, from being locked in a locker with her or even just when he is teased by her. He does not show any emotion when he kisses Ranka during filming, when he is told that Ranka is singing for him by Kuran, or when he is carrying her. Ranka obviously has a one-sided crush on Alto and a very childish and selfish one at that. In that scene where she see's Sheryl and Alto on the roof, she completely loses herself and refuses to sing for the people. "I just can't do it" Weak and selfish. That is an indirect cause of Micheal's death.

Sheryl continued to sing in the bomb shelter even when she was overtaken by Ranka and was dying from the V type virus. She brought hope and gave her best trying to save Frontier even as she was dying.Ranka just ran off with Ai-kun for no particular reason other than she cared for her pet more then she did the rest of Frontier.

These are official pictures right out of Newtype. Alto is blushing even looking at Sheryl's white bunny outfit which is thoroughly covered (according to the structure of the illustration, it is obvious he can't see the "other" Sheryl). And even though Ranka is right in his arms, Alto looks on without emotion.

The Ranka picture is a crude parody of Minmay's Do you Remember Love poster, so it is in no way intended to ship AR.

See this picture? This is an OFFICIAL illustration, again from Newtype, depicting Alto and Sheryl as Emperor and Empress respectively. I think this was from a Girl's Day special Edition. I think this image has cropped Ranka out, but she wasn't wearing the Empress's outfit anyway, so it doesn't matter. Feel free to prove me wrong.

photo taken at C3 convention in Hong Kong, 2009. There wasn't a Ranka cutout to be seen ANYWHERE. And this was an official Macross Frontier booth, and C3 is a Japanese Convention that came to HK. It's a BUSINESS convention that companies use to display their wares, not like Sakura-con or Anime-expo at all.

From the official Manga. 'Nuff said.

She's wearing Alto's JACKET. I dare you to look me in the eye and say that it doesn't mean something when she's sitting on his plane, wearing his military uniform jacket. Two of the most important things to a pilot.

Just look and cry Ranka shippers.There's also a picture with the MF girls (Kuran, Nana, Ranka and Sheryl) holding plushies of Micheal, Luca, VF-25 and Alto respectively. It's quite famous, and I'm sure many of you have seen it before.

Oh, and one last parting gift for those who gave up AR and are shipping BR.

Again, from newtype. The big white text on the bottom left says "Nobody Knows" (Dare mou shiranai) and the glowing white text on the right says "I'm here to pick you up, Sheryl-sama" (Sheryl-sama, Omukai ni Mairimashita).

Considering the rebuttals about how Ranka needs Alto more and Sheryl is a bitch self-made woman and therefore doesn't. I'd like you to see how Sheryl can fend for herself and even others (Nanase, Ranka) while Ranka leeches off everyone around her (Micheal, Sheryl, Alto, Nanase, Ozma).Ranka still has Ozma and Brera but without Grace, Sheryl is all alone.
MikorioNov 29, 2009 11:38 AM
Nov 29, 2009 11:32 AM

Feb 2009
Sheryl!!
Dec 2, 2009 11:49 PM

Aug 2007
Mikorio said:
Sheryl, and I make my decision on pure logic.

I started out liking Ranka and not really caring about Sheryl. Sheryl's attitude in the first episode regarding Micheal and co. seemed bitchy and stuck-up while Ranka's innocent encounter with Alto was quite charming.

After that episode, my views on both characters were reversed. Ranka started becoming self-centered after she makes it big. Sheryl shows her soft and sensitive side regarding everyone around her.

Example 1) Ranka and Nanase have always been best friends. Nanase supports Ranka's relationship with Alto and despises Sheryl for it, as seen in the shower scene and in later conversations. But after Ranka debuts, she does not contact Nanase at all, or that we can see. Sheryl on the other hand, is clear that Nanase dislikes her but still opts to protect her in the last episodes.

That is the personal reason why I like Sheryl over Ranka, and here is why there is no chance that Alto will end up with Ranka if he ends up with anyone at all.

There is no sexual tension between Alto and Ranka. At All. Alto blushes from seeing Sheryl in her swimsuit, from being locked in a locker with her or even just when he is teased by her. He does not show any emotion when he kisses Ranka during filming, when he is told that Ranka is singing for him by Kuran, or when he is carrying her. Ranka obviously has a one-sided crush on Alto and a very childish and selfish one at that. In that scene where she see's Sheryl and Alto on the roof, she completely loses herself and refuses to sing for the people. "I just can't do it" Weak and selfish. That is an indirect cause of Micheal's death.

Sheryl continued to sing in the bomb shelter even when she was overtaken by Ranka and was dying from the V type virus. She brought hope and gave her best trying to save Frontier even as she was dying.Ranka just ran off with Ai-kun for no particular reason other than she cared for her pet more then she did the rest of Frontier.

http://hiphotos.baidu.com/%CD%C5%D7%D3%CE%EF%D3%EF/pic/item/6a037f3c563f3a1370cf6c1f.jpg
http://hiphotos.baidu.com/%CD%C5%D7%D3%CE%EF%D3%EF/pic/item/bd038a80ce34b9bef603a61f.jpg

These are official pictures right out of Newtype. Alto is blushing even looking at Sheryl's white bunny outfit which is thoroughly covered (according to the structure of the illustration, it is obvious he can't see the "other" Sheryl). And even though Ranka is right in his arms, Alto looks on without emotion.

The Ranka picture is a crude parody of Minmay's Do you Remember Love poster, so it is in no way intended to ship AR.

http://hiphotos.baidu.com/%CD%C5%D7%D3%CE%EF%D3%EF/pic/item/978f0339472568c415cecbb1.jpg
See this picture? This is an OFFICIAL illustration, again from Newtype, depicting Alto and Sheryl as Emperor and Empress respectively. I think this was from a Girl's Day special Edition. I think this image has cropped Ranka out, but she wasn't wearing the Empress's outfit anyway, so it doesn't matter. Feel free to prove me wrong.

http://hiphotos.baidu.com/mikorio/pic/item/e1ff9923fd88db8c4723e8b3.jpg photo taken at C3 convention in Hong Kong, 2009. There wasn't a Ranka cutout to be seen ANYWHERE. And this was an official Macross Frontier booth, and C3 is a Japanese Convention that came to HK. It's a BUSINESS convention that companies use to display their wares, not like Sakura-con or Anime-expo at all.

http://hiphotos.baidu.com/mikorio/pic/item/fb07c96c405d26d4421694a5.jpg From the official Manga. 'Nuff said.

http://hiphotos.baidu.com/mikorio/pic/item/e1ff992356ecb48b4723e8a5.jpg She's wearing Alto's JACKET. I dare you to look me in the eye and say that it doesn't mean something when she's sitting on his plane, wearing his military uniform jacket. Two of the most important things to a pilot.

http://hiphotos.baidu.com/mikorio/pic/item/f3d4d2964a48a94254fb96a5.jpg , Just look and cry Ranka shippers.There's also a picture with the MF girls (Kuran, Nana, Ranka and Sheryl) holding plushies of Micheal, Luca, VF-25 and Alto respectively. It's quite famous, and I'm sure many of you have seen it before.

Oh, and one last parting gift for those who gave up AR and are shipping BR.

http://hiphotos.baidu.com/%CD%C5%D7%D3%CE%EF%D3%EF/pic/item/a941b31b9bf1446b43a9ad1f.jpg
Again, from newtype. The big white text on the bottom left says "Nobody Knows" (Dare mou shiranai) and the glowing white text on the right says "I'm here to pick you up, Sheryl-sama" (Sheryl-sama, Omukai ni Mairimashita).

Considering the rebuttals about how Ranka needs Alto more and Sheryl is a bitch self-made woman and therefore doesn't. I'd like you to see how Sheryl can fend for herself and even others (Nanase, Ranka) while Ranka leeches off everyone around her (Micheal, Sheryl, Alto, Nanase, Ozma).Ranka still has Ozma and Brera but without Grace, Sheryl is all alone.

I agree 100%.

You might want to take the {img} code off though and just put the links XD. Here, I'll do it for you XDDD
Sasusaku OTP~
Oldrivalshipping FTW~

Dec 2, 2009 11:50 PM

Jul 2007
I'm disappointed at the lack of a "his right hand" option.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jan 12, 2010 5:07 PM

Aug 2008
i would like him to end up w/ ranka, cuz well, isn't it like cuter to end-up w/ a lil-sister-like than w/ a big-sis-like?

but anyway, i just dislike alto.
Jan 12, 2010 8:09 PM
Jun 2009
With Ranka, it's actually more of a little sister/big brother thing. Alto and Sheryl on the other hand, are equals.
Jan 30, 2010 3:01 AM

Apr 2009
Splitter said:
I'm disappointed at the lack of a "his right hand" option.

lmao.

I'm going to go against the flow and say Ranka... I don't really like Sheryl at all, she's annoying and mostly a bitch. I also don't like her hair.

Ranka on the other hand though, is cute and has fangs. Jeez. No competition.
Feb 4, 2010 11:30 PM

Oct 2009
I don't get why everyone likes Sheryl so much. She's always acting the victim when she knows, just as much as anyone else that she's bitchy and annoying. Well, Ranka isn't much better either. Both just faint or cry at a drop of a hat. But I'd prefer Ranka because she's a bit of the underdog in the love triangle. She's also sweet, to a degree. But erghh, what a painfully (frustrating) series. Alto - just choose someone. Dear god, this is why I hate love triangles.
Feb 10, 2010 6:58 PM

Apr 2009
Raitora said:

Ranka on the other hand though, is cute and has fangs. Jeez. No competition.

...//facepalm

If i was a Ranka fan i would be ashamed to have such a fanbase.
No offense.
Raitora said:

I don't really like Sheryl at all, she's annoying and mostly a bitch. I also don't like her hair.

Also your reasons for not liking sheryl are amazing ''i don't like her hair''.
biitchstickFeb 10, 2010 7:01 PM
Apr 3, 2010 12:27 AM

Nov 2009
^Right, completely ignore the other reasoning the person gave: "She's bitchy and annoying."

Stop being so selective in your arguments it makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about =/

As for me, Ranka all the way. I can't understand why everyone seems to love Sheryl so much, nor do I want to. People say she's strong and confident but all I ever saw through the series was a bitchy diva who is far too pushy (seriously dragging Alto around by your own whims, so annoying I felt sorry for him....and Ranka too)...I think Sheryl is more immature what with her bitchy attitude and need to have things her way....Ranka is not exactly a matured woman but she's on her way there...she's just a little innocent and naive. And she's not a slutty pop star like Sheryl. But Sheryl is fun to edit with (AMV wise...she's got a lot of the good scenes to use Dx) so I tolerate her.

Well that's what I think. And I don't really care if you disagree with me 8D Everyone';s got an opinion :3
Apr 19, 2010 9:04 PM

Oct 2009
Alto x The open sky
Apr 28, 2010 10:28 PM
Feb 2009
I'd have to go with Sheryl on this one
May 11, 2010 5:17 PM
Feb 2010
Alto doesn't deserve Ranka
May 30, 2010 11:47 AM

Apr 2009
SapphireStar26 said:
^Right, completely ignore the other reasoning the person gave: "She's bitchy and annoying."

Stop being so selective in your arguments it makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about =/

because that was the only part that was ridiculous.Even though i don't agree with it i could see why people would think shes bitchy and annoying but hating on a character and thinking she should not go with alto because of that is really stupid.
biitchstickMay 30, 2010 2:35 PM
Jun 18, 2010 2:35 PM
Jun 2010
Hmm, i guess this topic is based on opinions. I thought people who would like Sheryl would be selfish them selves, but actually the community who likes Sheryl is mature.

Even so i have a slightly different opinion that people have been posting here.
I do support Ranka and not Sheryl. Not only because Ranka is cute.

When i first started watching MF i didn't care if Sheryl will end up with Alto and in fact i thought Sheryl was ok since Ranka didn't make the first steps towards Alto. I didn't see a reason why they will end up together even though i 'preferred' them to.

The problems started later after episode 10 and onwards [maybe earlier] when Ranka was finally getting her time with Alto. Mostly what annoyed me in Sheryl is that she is nice but seams to be whiny. Dont get me wrong but all i could see when her illness appears is: Sheryl goes there and faints, Sheryl goes to another place and faints, Sheryl goes to another place in the rain and faints again. And on top of that to make it even more dramatic there is Ranka on TV. [right before that i was like 'no way please don't show Ranka on TV now.' That's just gonna over do the cheesiness]

This scene got me thinking: "Cant you go to the hospital, stay there for a bit longer get well and dont make people worry about you?" I saw those scenes as a weakness.

I know that her getting out of the hospital wasn't really whiny; she was trying to be strong, but i find it stupid regardless. Way too much dramu.

Looking at Sheryl past i might be wrong but i think Sheryl is extremely weak. I dislike how she is being all 'i am so poor' [even tho she is!] but i think the cheesiness of all this overdid it.

I dont hate Sheryl. I highly dislike Alto.... Cause.. He is stupid.

Even if Sheryl needs her- 'omg she is so poor'. I think Ranka has suffered more in this series then Sheryl. Ranka isn't just cute and immature girl. She matures as the series progresses and the pain in her heart makes her selfish.

Maybe people will understand why Ranka is not just some moe character when they will be in her shoes them selves. I hate to know that her entire family has died, she has amnesia, she falls for a guy, she keeps seeing that guy with another girl, she realizes she sings only for this guy, when she wants to tell him she misunderstands him choosing Sheryl [being rejected by the one for who you put your dream into and someone u go up to is really painful], she confesses to this guy, then this guy dates Sheryl for real and tells he will kill Ranka. Adding up to that the whole Macross hates her thinking she betrayed everyone and will probably kill her at the very first opportunity. Wow! Ranka you have amazingly fucked up life.

Her fate had something bad that compensated all of her popularity.

In the end i choose AltoxRanka.

But if AltoxSheryl was a must, then i will just wish Alto would die at ep 24, no matter how immature this may sound.
NyomoJun 18, 2010 2:52 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.