Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2010 12:49 PM

Jan 2008
Lomax said:
Animations in this ep was terrible i disliked them.. i was bracing for epic episode and what i get is blurry animation and what was that a laser shots?? come on.. Really disliked that.

This

kurizu said:
This episode is so bad... how they could even think about broadcasting something like that >.<
The worst episode ever looking at animation, filler fight looks so bad... even part with yondaime showing up were changed >.<...
So much w8ing for pain vs naruto battle and i got big shit :/

This

AniMaxio said:
Oh my god! Why do they allways f** up the best moments from the manga and give them shitty animation? First thing i thought when I saw this episode was: "this made someone up, its not the real episode..." They did the same thing with the episode where naruto got 4 tails on the bridge but even that was better than this. God spoke.

And this.

I actually turned it off before the episode was over. It was horrible.
Jul 4, 2010 12:52 PM
May 2009
the fight ewas disappointing, it just doesn't have that ferociousity that the manga had. though new opening with no more gitensha is good.
Jul 4, 2010 12:53 PM

Jan 2008
Jul 4, 2010 12:58 PM
May 2009
Gunbladewarrior said:

seriosuly what were the animators thinking of? I mean its just as disappointing as when they fucked up that last fight in birdy.

And what editor allowedf this to pass?
Jul 4, 2010 1:34 PM
Apr 2010
It's about time the japanese animation move on from their emotionless animated characters...am i right people?

The new style is something i would like,i hope it's not just a onetime thing like they always do with the big fights,like they did with sas vs. nar & nar vs orc.
Jul 4, 2010 2:18 PM

Mar 2008
Those pictures above pretty much explain my frustration at this ep.

Hey I got an idea lets take the best fight in Naruto and shit up the animation so that Pain's face looks like a constipated chinese cartoon from the 70's and make it so blurry that we lose half our audience. THANKS STUDIO PIERROT
Jul 4, 2010 2:34 PM

Apr 2009
the Mangaka must've been very irritated about this =\

how they fucked up his manga
Jul 4, 2010 3:40 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
animation wtf................... -.- i thought its fanmade ep...
Jul 4, 2010 3:44 PM

May 2008
For the love of god! It's not all that bad. True, the first time I saw the Epic-Nagato-Pain-Face I was totally WTF'ed, but you can't be this harsh to every single anime! For instance, take Angel Beats!. There have been (Literally) hundreds replies of unsatisfied watchers regarding untied story knots and such. All these posts make me wonder- WHY DO YOU EVEN WATCH ANIME? I don't know about you, but I watch it for enjoyement. I sometimes think that you actually enjoy the "pummeling" in the forums than the anime itself!

On the side note, Episode 167 presented decent drama, action and even *gulp* comic relief... I gave it a 5,for my face was almost glued to the screen for the 5/6 of the episode.

Also, I'm going to miss the old ED...

P.S.
Aren't we discussing the ANIME? Either I don't understand the meaning of

[THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.]

or you're doing something wrong comparing it to the manga...
Jul 4, 2010 4:39 PM
Oct 2009
SvEE said:
I sometimes think that you actually enjoy the "pummeling" in the forums than the anime itself!

Actually, in a way they do. Most of the people here are trying to be cool by pretending they don't like Naruto, and try to cover up the fact that they still watch every single episode with retarded bullshit like "LOL I JUST WATCH IT TO MAKE FUN OF HOW DUMB IT IS NOW, *insert random anime they've never seen* IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER"
Jul 4, 2010 4:42 PM

Jan 2008
BUD said:
Those pictures above pretty much explain my frustration at this ep.

Hey I got an idea lets take the best fight in Naruto and shit up the animation so that Pain's face looks like a constipated chinese cartoon from the 70's and make it so blurry that we lose half our audience. THANKS STUDIO PIERROT

I know right. I was really looking forward to this and the Ichigo/Ulquiorra fight being animated. How they got that right, and screwed this one up we'll never know.
Jul 4, 2010 5:16 PM
Jul 2010
SvEE said:
For the love of god! It's not all that bad. True, the first time I saw the Epic-Nagato-Pain-Face I was totally WTF'ed, but you can't be this harsh to every single anime! For instance, take Angel Beats!. There have been (Literally) hundreds replies of unsatisfied watchers regarding untied story knots and such. All these posts make me wonder- WHY DO YOU EVEN WATCH ANIME? I don't know about you, but I watch it for enjoyement. I sometimes think that you actually enjoy the "pummeling" in the forums than the anime itself!

On the side note, Episode 167 presented decent drama, action and even *gulp* comic relief... I gave it a 5,for my face was almost glued to the screen for the 5/6 of the episode.

Also, I'm going to miss the old ED...

P.S.
Aren't we discussing the ANIME? Either I don't understand the meaning of

[THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.]

or you're doing something wrong comparing it to the manga...

Isn't it natural to compare it with the manga when the series is based ON the manga?
comic is good, but this is not comic... this is a joke
Jul 4, 2010 5:31 PM

Sep 2008
I must say...After watching it for the second time, it´s realy not THAT bad. Well yes, the many faces of Tendo/Pain still makes me laugh my guts out, but still. The second half of the episode wasn´t that bad, actualy it was cinda epic.

But i still hope they´ll turn back to the "original" style for the next episodes. Another three or so episodes from this studio, and i´ll drop this anime and stick to the manga.
Jul 4, 2010 5:47 PM

Jan 2009
Honestly the only thing I didn't like was Pains facial expressions. The should have stuck with his serious demeanor and unemotional facial expression. When I was watching the episode, I noticed it but it really didn't bother me to the point were I lost "omg" factor that it was Naruto vs Pain finally.
Jul 4, 2010 8:45 PM
Jun 2010
Ok, Putting aside the horrible visual quality. Let's talk about Naruto this time.

There something I don't get. If Naruto 6 tails can use fire blasts then his 2nd element his fire ? or it's simply Chakra blast ? or maybe the 9 tail's element is fire ?

Jul 4, 2010 8:58 PM

Jan 2008
Never thought i'd see the day where I prefered the fanmade version. I almost don't even want to watch the anime version anymore.-_-
Jul 4, 2010 9:06 PM
Oct 2008
What is up with the animation this episode? :[
Jul 4, 2010 9:24 PM
Sep 2009
Hmm. Tbh I dont mind new animation at all, at least we had a nice fight. Last time we had a good fight was sasuke vs Itachi, it's been a while.
But the change in Pains character was kinda strange. I liked the old Pain more.
Jul 4, 2010 11:00 PM

Jul 2007
Best reply I can give to this episode having read through a lot of the comments given is that, yes, I liked that it was animated the whole way through & that there wasn't any boring moment in the fight. I understand the studio "had" to sacrifice character design in order to keep the animation fluid & look forward to them hopefully figuring out how to keep the character design more intact while also keeping fluid animation. I'll definitely give them the thumbs up for that.

However, I felt like the entire fight in of itself was a joke. From random laser beams to the road runner like running across the water to "whack a Pain" to pose 4th hokage on random cliff against the sunset before appearing in front of Naruto, it felt like the animators took Point A (6 tails) and Point B (4th hokage appears) & basically threw w/e came to mind in between while keeping "checkpoints" from the manga (8 tails trapped in chibaku tensei, transporting fight to a nearby forest, etc) to keep some consistency.

So, while I did think this episode was absolutely hilarious & would gladly watch it again, it would be solely for the lulz. Naruto Shippuden might as well keep this up for the rest of the anime and purely blend comedy into everything else b/c it'll clearly work better than trying to have any kind of serious scenes.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Jul 4, 2010 11:48 PM

Jun 2007

oh my gosh, I laughed my butt off at all those parts x'D
like really, this episode was hilarious and i love it, specially the ending<3

finally the 4th hokage, really soo excited to see more of him (&naruto together)
haha, the animation^ was refreshing imo, it's true that in most fights the characters look perfect as if they just had plastic surgery, not saying that all those funny faces that pain did is what i want to see, they overdid it xD but they are getting there x'D
oh my goodness, whack-a-pain!
xD gah, hilarious, definitely watching it again x'D
Jul 5, 2010 2:40 AM

May 2008
It was awsome, but there were sure hilarious animation parts, which were really funny. Can't wait for next.~

EDIT: Sakura got her ending after all~
sayamiJul 5, 2010 3:13 AM
Jul 5, 2010 3:04 AM

Oct 2007
What's with all the fantarding in this thread?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2010 3:59 AM

May 2010
m8 that aint fanart.... Thats the episode ;__;

Even the ending is better animated than the episode itself...
Same on the animators... ><
Just call me Liq..
Jul 5, 2010 4:01 AM

May 2009
Hm....the story part was kinda good and refreshing and a bit shocking though the animation part was so bad that i couldnt take most of the fight sirious....it is maybe funny and nice to see something new but it totally destroyed the part where you needed to take the story sirious and focus on the action....too bad :( i hope they wont do this too often :(
Jul 5, 2010 5:40 AM

Jan 2008
Fahlaine said:
Why... why.. WHYYY!?! Why did they have to ruin this episode with such an ugly animation? Seriously.. how could they? I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry..

Rage, laugh, then cry. It's pretty much what most of us who were disappointed in the episode did.
Jul 5, 2010 5:53 AM
Jul 2008
I don't like the new art style but the episode was brilliant.
Jul 5, 2010 9:35 AM
Jul 2010
Tarrasji said:
I don't like the new art style but the episode was brilliant.

in all honesty, but how can you see an episode that ignores facts which the fans know like the demon cloak hurting a lot (see jiraya`s scar, fight with orochimaro etc) as brilliant?

rage incoming:
Jul 5, 2010 9:39 AM

Aug 2008
And yet it's totally fine that Konohamaru not only learns the Rasengan, but is taught it by Naruto? Sorry. At some point I accepted that the show is arbitrary with power levels and who is more useful when. Jiraiya lost to Pain. Would it be a hard leap of logic to not even think that Pain would be less hurt by Naruto?
Jul 5, 2010 10:20 AM
Jul 2010
noteDhero said:
And yet it's totally fine that Konohamaru not only learns the Rasengan, but is taught it by Naruto? Sorry. At some point I accepted that the show is arbitrary with power levels and who is more useful when. Jiraiya lost to Pain. Would it be a hard leap of logic to not even think that Pain would be less hurt by Naruto?

That's probably just a matter of opinion.. I think it's rather odd that a sage naruto can kill a pein body with 1 hit but with fox powers and 4 tails it didn't even hurt the guy _at all_... not to mention the now famous whack-a-mole
Jul 5, 2010 10:28 AM
Nov 2007
the animation in this episode is a worse troll than the upcoming plot line. :(
Jul 5, 2010 10:37 AM

Apr 2010
Completely hated it!!!! Un f***ing believable!!! How can you screw up something so beautiful so badly?! I can't understand why some people think this kind animation is good. Like other people have mentioned, it looks like looney toons, Pain runs like f***ing Road Runner and the whack-a-mole thing is just disastrous. I guess they just hired a new guy and he just messed everything up. I'm just gonna block out this episode! Episode 167 NEVER HAPPENED! I'm just gonna pray the next episodes won't be like this otherwise I'll quit watching Naruto Shippuuden.
Jul 5, 2010 10:40 AM
Nov 2007
indeed. MEMORY WIPE
Jul 5, 2010 12:21 PM

Aug 2008
PicassoPein said:

That's probably just a matter of opinion.. I think it's rather odd that a sage naruto can kill a pein body with 1 hit but with fox powers and 4 tails it didn't even hurt the guy _at all_... not to mention the now famous whack-a-mole

The show takes liberties. Period. Whether it's filler or cannon, I'm not at all up in arms about what I saw. I can explain it away in my head, so I'm fine.
Jul 5, 2010 12:49 PM

Mar 2009
for a moment i thought that i was watching some cartoon

Jul 5, 2010 12:53 PM

Apr 2010
ShinXII said:
for a moment i thought that i was watching some cartoon

Me too! I thought someone was playing a bad joke on me.
Jul 5, 2010 1:13 PM

Jan 2008
crowslayer91 said:
indeed. MEMORY WIPE

A memory wipe would cause me to relive that horror again. I refuse to watch that crap again. Never thought i'd like the fanmade one so much more.
Jul 5, 2010 11:22 PM

May 2009
noteDhero said:
PicassoPein said:

The show takes liberties. Period. Whether it's filler or cannon, I'm not at all up in arms about what I saw. I can explain it away in my head, so I'm fine.

How can you explain it? The fight makes no sense. The Pain that's Naruto fighting can only pull or repel things around him. Besides that he's a normal human so he would get massive burns from the first hit from naruto and he would die. After everything that naruto did to him in this episode he doesn't have a scratch? That isn't taking liberties man that's just bs.
V0ltekkaJul 5, 2010 11:28 PM
Jul 6, 2010 2:28 AM

May 2008
it was really good , and Pain was funny xd , lol yeah whack-a-mole was funny .. and pains face , loool .
Jul 6, 2010 2:49 AM

Jan 2008
Good: None
Bad: EVERYTHING (okay, mostly the animation)

What was up with the animation.
I was, like, "Am Im watching a spoof or spin-off?"

WTH!!!!

But Hinata kinda looked even cuter. :)
And everyone else looked younger (and stupid)

The fight would've been awesome. Damn!

But the next ep. seemed promising.
Jul 6, 2010 3:26 AM

Jul 2009
the animation was fine for the purpose (fluid animation during an intense fight...if you can call that intense)

but the continuity errors were just bad...

two major ones:
hitting pain a billion times with the multi-tails... sage naruto wiped out one pain my smashing it.. unless they really mean that sage > 4-8 tails

making konoha a lake... seriously? will this evaporate by the time the arc is done? or will we have another filler about it?

2/3 of the episode was just... wrong to do..
the last 1/3 was almost as good as the previous ep.
Jul 6, 2010 4:39 AM

Aug 2008
-Voltekka said:

How can you explain it? The fight makes no sense. The Pain that's Naruto fighting can only pull or repel things around him. Besides that he's a normal human so he would get massive burns from the first hit from naruto and he would die. After everything that naruto did to him in this episode he doesn't have a scratch? That isn't taking liberties man that's just bs.

Meh, I just figured he was doing some weird thing where he was able to disperse most of the energy away from him. He's not really a normal human, since I'm sure he's dead, doesn't need food, water, etc. I'm not totally sure what they're made of. Sine I know that the one Pain fixes the others with the huge head, I wasn't sure if they became some what mechanical, and therefore more durable. I also don't know what all was the extent of orange-haired guy's power as far as chakra control goes. As we see with Sakura, she's able to augment her strength (and therefore I'd imagine her durability), so that's not necessarily a special power in my mind.

Since it never even crossed my mind that Pain never took any damage, I do concede that point. But all in all, the talk about the lasers, and deconstructing nearly every other point of the fight is nonsense.
Jul 6, 2010 4:59 AM
Jun 2008
Actually the most illogical fighting part is when Naruto touches Pain.During When Naruto fight with Ocrochimaru, Orochimaru's body will melt when he touches Naruto ( and then Orochimaru will vomit another Orochimaru just to avoid getting melt..<face palm> )... .....I think Pain doesn't even have a human body.
The second most illogical part is THIS

Shouldn't his body crumble when He got hit direct on his head instead of nailing into the ground?? What sort of stubborn Pain is that!!!
Jul 6, 2010 5:46 AM
Jul 2010
MorningGlory said:
Actually the most illogical fighting part is when Naruto touches Pain.During When Naruto fight with Ocrochimaru, Orochimaru's body will melt when he touches Naruto ( and then Orochimaru will vomit another Orochimaru just to avoid getting melt..<face palm> )... .....I think Pain doesn't even have a human body.

Shouldn't his body crumble when He got hit direct on his head instead of nailing into the ground?? What sort of stubborn Pain is that!!!

It's looney Pein
Jul 6, 2010 5:55 AM

Apr 2010
----------------------------------------------

love.this.episide!!
Jul 6, 2010 5:58 AM

Apr 2010
PicassoPein said:
MorningGlory said:

It's looney Pein

Lol....nice....hmmm....lol
why<didn't.run.fast???lol<<maybe.only.this.second!!
is.not.nice...moves<<hahaha...Lol...
Jul 6, 2010 6:00 AM

Mar 2009
MorningGlory said:

nice gif

Jul 6, 2010 3:29 PM

Feb 2008
Ok then, now after 2x of forums still saying this episode was going i have to break it down in to a few things.

The art:

While the art was sometimes horrible and sometimes awesome, it was overall just way off for naruto, the art is not the main problem with the episode as many people seam to think (Those who love this episode). It's just so bad as that it's fun to watch.

Pain as a character:

Holy shit. Can you butcher a character more than they did in this episode. Pain was cold when he killed Jiraya, his former mentor. He was cold when Kakashi was one inch from killing him with a raikri, all he really did there was complementing Kakashi on how good he was. While against naruto, he screams about pain, makes funny faces, let me remind you, that pains body's are zobmies.

Ok, now that i've cowerd art and pain as a character, i come to the worst of it all. Pain is fucking terminator. He would die from a raikiri a couple of episodes ago, and now he tanks 6- 8 tails. He takes a hit to the face as it was from a fucking genin, he get's pounded in to the ground by a fucking mountain and don't care, what the fuck..

You can all have arguments about the art and the flow of it, but if you disagree on the fact that pains cold character was destroyed in this episode, you have to do the same shrooms as the crew did when they did the artwork.

/rant.
Jul 6, 2010 3:36 PM

Jun 2008
I'm honestly in SHOCK with how the animation was done.

This is an important battle in the series and they completely botched the episode with their LOW quality animation.

The second half of the episode definitely saved the episode, but still........WTF???
Jul 6, 2010 4:53 PM
Sep 2009
No... fucking... way!!! Naruto Shippuuden is now a children's cartoon? This part with naruto's 8-tails transformation and shit was supposed to be awesome and they completely butchered the mood with this grotesque animation? I will never look at pain the same way I did before.. At least it seems animation is returning to normal next episode...

I need some mind soap to erase what i've seen from my memory..
Jul 6, 2010 7:28 PM

Feb 2010
holy moly...crazy animation w/ naruto in nine-tails version smashing pain o_o

MorningGlory said:

Though this totally made me crack up so much...i was like LOL!!! xD

i gotta admit though..the animation is sloppy and insane but it certainly makes the episode a little more intense in a way o.O and pain's expressions are hilarious xD
The ending song was kinda nice but i really like the visuals for it :)

and yes its Minato woot!!! :) Can't wait for next episode <3
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.