Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 4, 2008 5:08 AM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow that was a pretty awesome ending! :D It was sad though. =( But overall I really liked the ending!
May 9, 2008 6:24 PM
Jan 2008
so... I understand the ending, but I'm not too sure on who actually survives. Does everyone on the Gekko-Go die?
May 28, 2008 5:29 AM

May 2008
Firemonkey5 said:
so... I understand the ending, but I'm not too sure on who actually survives. Does everyone on the Gekko-Go die?

What?! I didn't see anyone dying there, I mean anyone from the Gekko state crew...

Well, I wouldn't say that it was sad, I think it was a bitter-sweet heroic ending and I kinda have a fairy tale feeling from it... I just love this ^__^
May 28, 2008 8:47 AM
Jan 2008
yeah I realized... everyone survives... the kids were with the granddad and all that.
May 28, 2008 10:56 AM
Nov 2007
What happened to Renton though did him and Eureka die because why were the kids now with the granddad what about Renton and Eureka? :O
May 28, 2008 12:58 PM
Apr 2008
You guys can vote for your fave episodes of Eureka Seven at the Favorite Anime Episodes club! I love this one but its not my fave.
May 29, 2008 5:28 AM

May 2008
death919 said:
What happened to Renton though did him and Eureka die because why were the kids now with the granddad what about Renton and Eureka? :O

They didn't die because you could see their silhouettes in the last scene, though I can't tell what happend to them after Nirvash showed her gratitude to them. It seems that they somehow evolved (see the flashing lights on their foreheads) or maybe even unified... Well, I guess it's a nice open ending ^_~
May 30, 2008 4:33 PM
Oct 2007
a bit like evangelion, lol D:
Jun 6, 2008 7:23 PM
Sep 2007
Eureka and Renton probably stayed away from the public due to Eurekas physical changings, well, those would scare most people wouldn't they? Though I'd bet they made it just for showoff, like most of the last episode was made of showoffs.

To be honest, this was just the worst episode of the entire series for me. Seems like I'm already too old for childish stuff like that, *sigh*. ._.

However I'm reliefed anyone got through it. Can't count how often I was in fear that any character could actually die. Also I'm happy about the happy ending for Dominic and Anemone, it truely seemed like Anemone would die or hate him. D:

I disagree. NGE had a completely different meaning and ending.

Edit: Btw, screw those people who say this anime has lots of plot holes. Getting the ideas of pretty much everything which wasn't directly explained in the anime is actually easy if one puts some thoughts into it.
ryu2k2Jun 10, 2008 11:38 AM
Jun 16, 2008 4:34 AM

Apr 2008
That was a pretty confusing ending. I didn't get why the kids were dumped on the grandpa and what happened to everyone else. And why did Renton and Eureka have that cheesy moment thing where the lazer had a heart around it? Couldn't they have just left it a circle? And did poor Will end up dying? ;-; And what about Talho's baby? Was it mutated? And Dewey's kids? They left too many questions. D:
Jun 16, 2008 4:51 AM
Oct 2007
roysen said:

Of course, I meant rather that both have 'not clearly explained ending'. Allowing to interpret it not in just one way. Meh referring to Evangelion was a bad move, one is PG 13, another R - 17+, >.>, Shows the difference.

Jun 16, 2008 4:37 PM

Apr 2008
just finished watching it today and I gotta say, I didn't expect nothing close to that! If it wasn't of the heart on the moon and the very fairy-tale-love-story ending, it would have been perfect. EVEN THOUGH THAT, I still think it was a great ending for an excellent anime which deserves to be known.
Jun 17, 2008 3:04 AM
Sep 2007
forlacik said:
roysen said:

Of course, I meant rather that both have 'not clearly explained ending'. Allowing to interpret it not in just one way. Meh referring to Evangelion was a bad move, one is PG 13, another R - 17+, >.>, Shows the difference.

Well, yeah, but there are still plenty of anime with unclear endings. : /
Jun 17, 2008 12:25 PM

May 2008
I thought E7 had a superb ending. The last frame (after the credits) showed a crayon drawing with the grandad, kids, Renton and Eureka all together.

That could imply that Renton and Eureka made it back (or it could not).

However I'm relieved everyone got through it.

Ray and Charles Beams didn't make it! I found those particular episodes quite tough... very heart wrenching....
Jun 17, 2008 1:43 PM
Sep 2007
mcnaz said:

However I'm relieved everyone got through it.

Ray and Charles Beams didn't make it! I found those particular episodes quite tough... very heart wrenching....

Oh, yeah. I just didn't think much of them near the show's end, as I was too much concerned with the life's of everyone else. :D
Jun 18, 2008 12:50 PM

May 2008
roysen said:

Oh, yeah. I just didn't think much of them near the show's end, as I was too much concerned with the life's of everyone else. :D

I know what you mean. :).

If you've enjoyed E7 I would recommend RahXephon.
Jul 11, 2008 9:34 PM

Feb 2008
Simply loved it. At times ill admit i found the plot a little convoluted and found myself confused on just what the hell was going on.

As for the final episode itself, i think it wrapped just enough up for me to be satisfied but not completely happy.

Nirvashs' final words for example, 'not all life will remain on this planet, half will come along with us', ... so wait ... is that half of the earths population will live as corallions in the scar ? Or something else ?
Jul 30, 2008 9:19 AM

Feb 2008
can't say i love this ending but it is still quite good. however, i think it can be better if the animators can give a clearer picture of what really happened to renton and eureka, why do they chose to live their lives in a forest and why are they flashing in red and blue... i am also interested in what happen to the members of the gekko state, especially holland. it was mentioned a few times in the last few episodes that he is dying because of him politing the 303. really want to know is holland alright in the end. overall, it is a good anime (kept me watching till the end), though a bit confusing at times with the various terms.

Jul 30, 2008 11:08 PM

Dec 2007
i have to say that this is one of the best anime i have ever seen 10/10 here

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Aug 2, 2008 1:49 AM

Jan 2008
The ending was great, but left me confused somewhat, so where's Renton and Eureka? Living in the forest? Lol at those kids, one year later and they still look the same.
They show was great, really really good. But the only things that let it down was the somewhat confusing plot at the beginning and some filler episodes, but overall, 9/10.
Aug 2, 2008 4:42 AM
Mar 2008
good ending. period.
Aug 2, 2008 6:30 AM

Mar 2008
The ending was kinda dissappointing... I think they overdid it a little. I mean wtf is with that heart on moon? lolz XD
Aug 2, 2008 7:11 PM
Jun 2007
viesiu said:
The ending was kinda dissappointing... I think they overdid it a little. I mean wtf is with that heart on moon? lolz XD

I don't see the problem. lol Maybe its too cheesy for you to take.. XD I think it was awaesome. The moon's like that cuz the luv was too strong that they had to show it to everyone. XD
Aug 5, 2008 8:33 PM
Mar 2008
I watched 40 chapters in a row, really awesome.
Aug 13, 2008 1:55 PM

Aug 2007
*tear*
that was the best ending ever! I loved it. awesome series.
I think renton and eureka are together somewhere.
Aug 30, 2008 4:19 AM

Feb 2008
Great series, good ending. Glad everybody made it alive. I'm pretty sure Renton and Eureka are with eachother away from everybody for some reason, perhaps traveling.

I thought they were both going to die at the end, and I'm glad they didn't. I can't say I like endings like that.
Aug 30, 2008 4:48 AM

Jun 2008
Finished rewatching Eureka 7 just prior to today. I changed my rating and increased it to a 9. These "coming of age" genres are a sucker for my tears. :< It's hard for animes these days to actually make a proper ending that makes sense, and despite the heart on a moon, this ending actually made sense to me.
Sep 1, 2008 1:44 PM
Jul 2007
Gah 2-3 years after it finished, though I wish I was in the loop while it was airing. That was a fun watch.
Sep 2, 2008 7:22 AM

Jun 2008
10/10.No doubt about it.The best ending I ever watched.That leaves one question:Will they ever return to their home finally,and when?
Sep 3, 2008 5:04 AM

Jun 2008
No real answer really, it leaves the audience to interpret the end for their self, craftily done I gotta say.

(Although the manga had a different one, I liked the anime better)
Sep 30, 2008 7:54 AM

Apr 2007
That was a pretty damn good show!
9/10!
It was a bit too cheesy though .. oh well it was still great.
However .. sad that Will died... and Charles and Ray ..
Wanted Renton and Eureka to die or disappear and then a scene a few years afterwards seeing people look back at the history and mention them as heroes. Guess it was close enough ;)

Oct 7, 2008 12:57 AM
Mar 2008
they dint go eniwere at the end they show a pick of them with the family
Oct 8, 2008 8:32 AM
Oct 2008
It think E7- deserves a OVA sequel. Does any one else think that?
Oct 26, 2008 10:43 PM

Aug 2008
i figured that Renton and Eureka joined the rest of the Corallians into "splitting into another universe" or however it was they described it. i agree that i would have liked to of seen a epilogue for the rest of the characters of the show, not just with Grandpa Thruston and the kids but i think we can assume a happy ending for them as well.

i can't complain about anything, think i'll stick with giving this anime an 8 but maybe i'll up it to a 9 after i think on it some more. :)
Oct 28, 2008 4:34 PM

Nov 2007
The end made me up it to a 9
how bittersweet.
Nov 8, 2008 8:20 AM
Sep 2008
felo said:
i have to say that this is one of the best anime i have ever seen 10/10 here

I agree, definitely one of the best.
Nov 8, 2008 12:11 PM
Dec 2007
gswelcome said:
i figured that Renton and Eureka joined the rest of the Corallians into "splitting into another universe" or however it was they described it. i agree that i would have liked to of seen a epilogue for the rest of the characters of the show, not just with Grandpa Thruston and the kids but i think we can assume a happy ending for them as well.
I think it would defeat the purpose if they left, considering the Coralians are gonna gauge whether they show up again or not on how the relationship between them keeps developing. Somehow, I'm on the idea that, judging by Renton's words when he talked to Eureka, Renton and Eureka are no longer just a Coralian or a human but something else, though the silhoute seems to imply that they are not "one" in a literal manner.

And I agree, they should have been through on the epilogue and shown more sides. We literally know nothing of what the rest of the characters where up to. You'd think they'd at least touch on how Holland is holding up after all the abuse his body and mind suffered at the end of the series and considering he's the most prominent main character after Renton and Eureka.

Since they failed to follow through, and it had some cheesy scenes (love beam is as cheesy as it can come), I'm not particularly keen on the ending, but as a whole it was good that they managed to close the main issue at hand, which is something a lot of series seem to be failing at lately, even if it failed to cough up a satysfying epilogue.

Nov 20, 2008 7:13 PM

Jun 2008
One of the best endings EVER. If it weren't for the fillers and length I'd give it a 10. But still that last episode is just perfect. Usually I finish an anime and I'm like yeah okay +1 to my completed list. I finished Naruto and I felt very Ashamed.

But, this time I feel a sense of accomplishment. Hahahahaha.... Nah...but it does feel good. This is how stuff is supposed to end. Or rather, this is how happy stuff is supposed to end. I've been watching waaay too much melancholic type stuff lately and this felt damn good. (Well, it's my favorite type but its good to see something different that works this well.)
Nov 30, 2008 2:06 PM

Oct 2007
I think since the kids made it back to Bellforest, it's assumed that everyone on Gekkostate survived, since none of them died during the battles, and there's nothing suggesting that they died afterwards. Although it would've been great to see a quick pan and scan of all of them in their new lives.

I think Renton and Eureka are also alive and well on the earth. In the package that Renton gives Maurice before leaving on the nirvash, there's a note that had a line saying that afterwards he was going wander around for a while. Also in Nirvash's final speech to them in the end, she clearly says that she intends for them to live on the earth and to help further the cause of evolution or whatever. So I'm guessing they got back, met everyone up, Renton took Eureka home to meet his grandpa, left the kids with him and then went on a jaunt around the world. Or at least that's my take. ;-)

I ended up giving the show an 8, largely because the development and growth between Renton and Eureka was fantastic. It was the main reason why I kept wanting to see the next ep. I loved watching them and rooting for them to succeed. I felt their pain when they struggled, and their joy when they triumphed.

But on the downside, for a 50 ep show, I thought they missed an opportunity to develop some of the other characters, particularly Dominic and Anemone, who had a pretty major subplot at the end. And they didn't set up the episodes very well. For example, we went 30 eps before somewhat finally clarified exactly what they were fighting for. Besides that, I thought the whole Dewey/Coral storyline was just ok and nothing special.

But all in all, it was a fantastic ride and in the end, Renton x Eureka conquered all. =D
rabbitpoetsNov 30, 2008 2:16 PM
Dec 5, 2008 10:38 PM
Dec 2008
No one died...
Renton and Eureka and the rest of the Corallians went to another dimension to prevent a limit of questions from happening.
Dec 16, 2008 4:12 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yay, Happy End. Really enjoyed this show, I would've never expected this when I started watching it. The music was great too and I'm looking forward to the movie. 9/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 4, 2009 5:18 AM
Jul 2008
One of the coolest endings i have ever seen
Jan 9, 2009 7:45 AM
Oct 2008
I'd say this had the worst ending when compared to similar anime. It seemed a little too rushed.
I don't really understand what the question limitation is either, just how to reach it and if it's reached everything goes to Hell. It was also pretty lame that Dewey's plan failed after all that effort and planning to create such a twist at the end.
I haven't enjoyed a show like this one in a long time. I watched all 50 episodes in the last 30 hours. I guess I was just picturing a number of different endings or at least things that would happen when show came to an end and the actual ending was very disappointing. To top it off there's no epilogue to find out what became of all the members of Gekkostate. I'm sure the world is in recovery mode and obviously the young kids are safe so everyone probably survived, but it'd be nice to know what happened to at least some of the other characters the series developed.

Btw, anyone know why Ray's ring was in that amber rock?
Jan 9, 2009 7:55 AM
Dec 2008
the ending was iffy at best
Jan 16, 2009 9:54 PM

Nov 2007
it could have been better. it is unclear on what happened to the other members of gekko-go. The ending should have been executed better. 9/10
Jan 18, 2009 6:06 AM

Feb 2008
9/10 here. I thought the pacing was a little wonky. Already somewhere around episode 32-34 somewhere I felt they were gearing up for the climax of the story, then it was more or less just threading water for ten episodes before the "real" climax, followed by two minutes of suggesting what happened afterwards. They could have given us a little more, I think.

But still, a great show that I enjoyed immensely.
Jan 31, 2009 2:14 PM

Apr 2008
This whole anime, was building for this culminating moment, all the fucking 50 episode just for the last piece of this show to suck big time.
It was really interesting to watch, all the tension that kept on building up trough the show and development of events.
But ending arc was horrible, not to mention the last episode. The whole character development, everything up to the last arc got tossed in the trash bin.
I was expecting Renton and Eureka to protect that thing, but nooo, we had to go and witness something of the same shit that boy moaned on and on for about 30 episodes.
"Oh got I failed, I am a failure, I cant do anything right"
The arc where Eurekas body started to change was also quite, annoying.

All in all, I did not find the ending being any good at all. Wasting all the things this show was building up until the end.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Feb 7, 2009 2:02 PM

Jun 2008
I enjoyed the ending, I guess I wasn't disappointed at the open-ended-ness as much because theres a movie coming out.
I just have to say this is the only anime I could sit and watch 20+ episodes in one sitting...

Though the beginning is kind of slow, and I hate the melodrama/whining episodes, I enjoyed this series alot.

Apr 8, 2009 2:30 PM

May 2008
rabbitpoets said:
I think Renton and Eureka are also alive and well on the earth. In the package that Renton gives Maurice before leaving on the nirvash, there's a note that had a line saying that afterwards he was going wander around for a while. Also in Nirvash's final speech to them in the end, she clearly says that she intends for them to live on the earth and to help further the cause of evolution or whatever. So I'm guessing they got back, met everyone up, Renton took Eureka home to meet his grandpa, left the kids with him and then went on a jaunt around the world. Or at least that's my take. ;-)

I came to this conclusion as well. The silhouette at the end looked very much like Eureka (winged) on the left with Renton the right, holding hands. Eureka in the final scenes had a jewel embedded in her forehead, and you see Renton having one as well when he was fighting to get to her after the Nirvash evolved (you don't see it directly, but the pulse through the hair comes through).

I'm almost wondering if they were traveling with Dominic and Anemone, since they're the only other ones we happen to see briefly during the wrap-up, just before they cut to Eureka and Renton.

At any rate, I'm thinking that Eureka and Renton are no longer a Coralian and a human, but a new race that is a mixture of the two. Being of both worlds would let them communicate with both sides, which the Scub Coral wanted from the beginning. I'm guessing that Eureka and Renton are much like the Adam & Eve for a new race, as their children would also be part human/part coralian.

At any rate, their grandfather also clearly states that Renton was the only one who ever came back to Belforest, and he was holding a residency application with all of their names on it (save his). As to why they dropped the kids off and left? That I'm not sure of. Maybe a honeymoon of sorts? There might be a line of dialogue somewhere earlier in the series where he promises to take her somewhere...I'm not sure. I'll have to rewatch and see if anything pops out at me.

What I'm wondering though, do their new forehead accessories ever stop pulsing? Man that's gotta be a pain when trying to sleep.

I would have liked to see more wrap-up obviously, rather than leave so many best-guesses on what really happened...but Bones is evil that way (RahXephon anyone?). I'm assuming that the crew of the Gekko is still out and about, flying wherever they want, raising Talho & Hollands kid, and probably taking odd jobs to help rebuild.

artbApr 8, 2009 2:46 PM
Apr 10, 2009 6:58 PM

Aug 2008
Hiba-Tan said:
And what about Talho's baby? Was it mutated?

I don't know why, but that made me laugh.

This ending was confusing and disappointing, still some questions unanswered as many has pointed out already.
In my humble opinion, the plot peaked at Ray and Charles' story, then they died and it started to go downwards from there :/
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Aug 1, 2008

56 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.