Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 2008 3:49 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Norb monk is funny, smoke? XD
Aug 12, 2008 9:00 PM

Aug 2007
that was a cute ep again!
ew she dated his bro! gross man.
Nov 18, 2008 4:55 PM

Jun 2008
^^ agreed. she would be like 10 and he would be 40 too ;3
Jun 23, 2009 1:49 AM

Jan 2009
Freakin awesome ep! The action and music was perfect! What's up with Dewey just handing the monk over to Holland? Didn't see the two of them being brothers but now it seems kida obvious.

Jul 14, 2009 3:45 AM

Jul 2009
could it be? o.o
innominateinkJul 14, 2009 3:50 AM
Jul 16, 2009 4:00 PM

Mar 2008
I didn't expect them to be brothers (although they do have the same hair color). Norb is a funny guy, I hope he explains some things in the next episode.

Eureka was a little bit too emotional this episode :s
Aug 10, 2009 3:10 PM
Jun 2009
Figured it out myself since both have the last name Novak
Awesome episode btw
Oct 14, 2009 6:58 AM

Dec 2008
Dewey is such a noob XD

He thinks he is godlike, but he didn't realized what was going on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2009 3:01 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, it sure is hard to stand Eureka and Renton now. Not to mention crap they're spouting about fighting.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 30, 2010 12:49 AM
Jan 2010
meowmeow21 said:
that was a cute ep again!
ew she dated his bro! gross man.
mekanik said:
^^ agreed. she would be like 10 and he would be 40 too ;3

They were talking about TALHO not EUREKA... Reasons for this is because: 1) Holland is currently with Talho, and even has a baby with her, not Eureka 2) They framed Hollands wring while talking about it, which is the exact same as Talho's 3) When retreating Talho gave one of the reasons for hitting the power plant as being so she "wouldn't have to see his face", obviously implying that she had a relationship with Dewey in the past and could now not stand the sight of him. Does that clear some things up? I can see though how you might have thought that they were talking about Eureka, and if that had been the case it would have been incredibly gross, but that is NOT the case... Thanks for hearing me out...
Dec 12, 2010 12:50 AM

Mar 2009
Talho & Dewey? Ew.
Lol she went from brother to brother..
It was odd how easily he handed over the monk just like that, oh well..
Holland wins. xD

Dec 15, 2010 9:12 PM

May 2009
I just wonder what the sages are going to do about all this.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 21, 2011 3:52 PM

Dec 2009
Nice, glad to see the series picking up a bit.

Funny that line about catching up to the future... you don't it catches up to you. Oh well.

I think the female coralians spent too much time around emo people and wrote emoness into their blank slates, lol. Obviously defeating one city to save an entire world is a good thing.
Such junk...
Mar 15, 2011 1:55 AM

Nov 2008
Haha I don't know if anyone caught Norb saying something like "Do you think you are Raskolnikov or something?" to Dewey. That made me smile. It's a reference to the book "Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor Dostoevsky- Raskolnikov was the main character in the novel who believed that certain men can be above the law because of the power that they inherently possess. Raskolnikov eventually attempted to become this ideal and failed to do so- Foreshadowing maybe? I hope so.

Jun 12, 2011 10:27 AM

Jan 2011
the attack on the capital and the fight in it is good, how can Dewey not know about Renton being Eureka's partner? he should read the reports from Dominic

oh they are brothers...
Aug 24, 2011 12:55 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Good episode. Didn't see the Talho/Dewey angle thing coming. And Norb seems a funny character.

It's kinda setting things up nicely for the future episodes. I guess the biggest secrets left are the ones related to Renton's family. Specially the sister. Wouldn't be surprised if she's in the Corallian world or something.

I just hope it doesn't turn out that Eureka IS his sister. That would be gross.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 25, 2011 3:31 PM

Aug 2010
Oh shit

Dewey is his bro and Talho dated Dewey? okay then
Jan 25, 2012 9:07 PM
Nov 2011
not that i didn't enjoy the episode or anything but I feel like was a bit anti climatic and could of been done a whole lot better.
Feb 10, 2012 5:26 PM
Jan 2012
i want to see some more character development for Anemone and Dominic.
=\
reilanimuFeb 10, 2012 6:04 PM
Apr 3, 2012 3:06 PM

Mar 2011
Didn't really expect Holland and Dewey to be brothers, but it does make sense.
Apr 26, 2012 7:41 PM

Jan 2011
I sense that both Dominic and Anemone may be somewhat disenchanted with Dewey and his new team of Stepford children. And that is one of the least ascetic old monks that I have seen..."Got a smoke?"
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 8, 2012 8:00 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Antanaru said:
Wow, it sure is hard to stand Eureka and Renton now. Not to mention crap they're spouting about fighting.

Better than being emo all the time.
RyanMortos said:
I think the female coralians spent too much time around emo people and wrote emoness into their blank slates, lol. Obviously defeating one city to save an entire world is a good thing.

Indeed.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 6, 2012 12:50 PM

Apr 2011
klaymore said:
the attack on the capital and the fight in it is good, how can Dewey not know about Renton being Eureka's partner? he should read the reports from Dominic

oh they are brothers...

Report never got to him because of the kids being idiots..
Jun 8, 2012 7:45 PM

Jan 2011
The kids do exactly what Dewey told them. They were specially trained to suit his needs and he chose them personally.

I don't like them, but they didn't do anything wrong expect maybe not forcing him to read the reports. They *did* report that Dominic has a report to him, but he told them to come back later because he is busy with Norb. He was still busy with Norb when Eureka and Renton showed up with the Nirvash, so when should they have shown him the reports?
Jul 29, 2012 6:21 AM

Mar 2012
To everyone who is saying it's weird Dewey just handed over Norb - Norb would only be dangerous to them if the Gekko had found the one for Eureka and he believed Holland hadn't. Dominic had written up a report about it, but Dewey refused to read it, if he had he probably wouldn't have let Norb go.

When Anemone said to Dominic "he'll kill us" - did anyone else suspect that they will probably both join the gekko?`
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Nov 24, 2012 11:08 AM

Sep 2010
opiumJ said:

When Anemone said to Dominic "he'll kill us" - did anyone else suspect that they will probably both join the gekko?`

I personally hope they do. <3
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 25, 2012 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
Antanaru said:

Eurekeka is the one pissing me off with that crap coming from a girl who blasted peoples heads off and took thousands of lives probably in a single day makes a 360 and starts acting scared and crap G T FO.
LOL and Holloand got his brother sloppy seconds...damn
Nov 26, 2012 9:29 PM

Nov 2011
Roloko said:
opiumJ said:

I personally hope they do. <3

Me too, me too!
Mar 7, 2013 6:19 PM

Jan 2013
Anemone is a very strong tsundere but she hasn't shown a compassionate side yet. It's hard to tell if she likes Dominic at all.

This episode was great, impressive animation.

In fact. I haven't been bored watching this since the recap at episode 14.
Basically every minute has been entertaining
Mar 25, 2013 11:55 PM
Feb 2008
What a tweest! Though I can't really picture Dewey and Talho together he seems a lot older. Too bad her bro got captured and killed though he was a bro. Thought there'd be a bit more challenge to this whole thing but I guess it'll all be part of Dewey's master plans or something
Apr 14, 2013 1:06 PM
Apr 2012
Hmm Dewey and Holland are brothers, interesting. But somehow not shocking at all, i guess they do have some similarities, aside from their gray hair.

Aaaahhh man. Can't Eureka just SHUT THE F UP for only a second? Does she really have to spout her emo shit every chance she gets? She has become very annoying and asks Renton every episode to hold her hand now. If she doesn't turn back into her old self I hope they kill her off soon. Of course neither is gonna happen, but one can still hope, right?

It was a decent episode, I expected it to be better though. Since they invaded the most heavily defended place on the planet. But it was all smooth sailing as not a single Gekko member was taken down (intended friendly fire doesn't count) and all their objectives were met easily.
Apr 24, 2013 9:54 AM

Jan 2013
wow dewey is holland's brother. dewey has a cool cape thing lol. it was kiinda cool when the gekko swooped down. but ms eureka parent killer decides she doesnt like killing anymore.
Jun 29, 2013 10:58 PM

Feb 2013
brothers? what a twist!
Jul 11, 2013 3:06 PM

May 2010
Ok so Talho was with Dewey...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 16, 2013 12:17 PM

Mar 2012
Eureka and Renton are both broken records, so indecisive...35 episodes of the same crap over and over again..make up your minds....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Aug 1, 2013 3:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Miertje86 said:

That was definitely annoying. "I don't want to kill anyone anymore." Well yeah, no one does either, but would you rather have a bigger destruction happen? She needs to take some lessons from Kira Yamato. And here I thought Kira was too angsty. I think I rather have someone like Kira than a whiny girl like Eureka. This is weird, because I actually liked Eureka before.
Sep 11, 2013 12:07 AM

Apr 2013
Oh man Eureka, don't dissolve into a crying, overemotional, emo mess... don't you want to protect your friends at the Gekko?

tingy said:
Miertje86 said:

That was definitely annoying. "I don't want to kill anyone anymore." Well yeah, no one does either, but would you rather have a bigger destruction happen? She needs to take some lessons from Kira Yamato. And here I thought Kira was too angsty. I think I rather have someone like Kira than a whiny girl like Eureka. This is weird, because I actually liked Eureka before.

^Agreed, I liked Eureka starting out but her character development became a little... eh. My worst fear since the start was that she would become a weak and needy character who must always depend on Renton. That's exactly what she is now.

Good episode nonetheless!
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 13, 2013 9:18 AM
May 2013
Elfuun said:
i want to see some more character development for Anemone and Dominic.
=

I like them, I want to see them , they make this anime bearable to watch.
Feb 9, 2014 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
Holland and Dewey are brothers, and Dewey dated Talho???

Terrible turn of events.

Anemone seems to lost all hope, i feel shes just been super annoying the whole time, no idea why Dominic likes her.
My Candies:
Jun 23, 2014 4:23 AM

Jun 2012
Yessssss, MoonDoggie got to do something!

Jul 21, 2014 10:30 PM

Aug 2013
Ugh Renton and Eureka were really annoying in this episode. Barring that idealistic "fighting is wrong" crap, I still can't believe Renton was so levelheaded in convincing Eureka to hang in there.

I had to laugh when Dewey was gloating on Holland. This is why reports especially from Intelligence is treated as priority, idiot XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 19, 2014 6:33 PM

May 2012
Nice episode, I didn't think they were actually brothers but that sure was interesting development, that said the overall episode and the ending was pretty great so let's see what's next!
Jan 23, 2015 10:10 PM

Jan 2015
Why does Eureka become such angsty melodramatic pacifist? They ruinedbher character in this part so bad.
Feb 5, 2015 8:18 PM

Aug 2013
When Dewey saw the Nirvash, he was all like : ''oh shat, I dungoofed''
''Nii-san''...? That's something I didn't expect, and I feel retarded for not having noticed the link between them sooner. Also, Tahlo is his ex? You know Dewey, I wouldn't brag if my girlfriend would have left me for my little brother.

Norb is so cool with his smooth-ass voice. Rikiya Koyama has such a badass voice.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 1, 2015 3:55 PM
Apr 2014
Many don't get that Eureka is becoming more and more human, as Norb said. She has finally completely grasped the value of a human life, and that's why she's not capable of doing what she did in the past anymore. Why should she turn back to being a killing machine?
Jul 4, 2017 3:32 AM

Jul 2008
Well Dewey got one upped this time, but that won't last long.
Sep 28, 2017 7:32 AM

Nov 2014
I thought Dewey was Holland's father actually, so like did Dewey used to like normal or did Talho just have a phase where she was really into genocidal lunatics?

thelumpur said:
Many don't get that Eureka is becoming more and more human, as Norb said. She has finally completely grasped the value of a human life, and that's why she's not capable of doing what she did in the past anymore. Why should she turn back to being a killing machine?

Yeah even if she end up deceiving herself into thinking killing is ok she'd just wind up snapping like Renton did earlier in the show.
Oct 13, 2017 5:39 PM
Mar 2017
I can not anymore. I will prepare the rope and the chlorine to go to the world of Eureka Seven and protect Anemone (although surely die for a Sky Fish) ... (? Okno
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Oct 18, 2017 2:23 PM

Jul 2013
Talho certainly lives up to her name of tall ho ... OMG is that why she is called it? LOL!

Dewey is Hollands much older by the looks of it brother and Talho dated him first, I mean, Holland and Talho look in their 20s/30s but Dewey looks over 40, and I maen way older, I thought he was 50 odd, and he's not as attractive as Holland. Gross Talho, running off with your exes brother. Who does that? Tut. I just lost what little respect I had for her, not that I had much with the way she used to dress, although now she's gone to dressing conservatively all of a sudden.

I agree, Dewey does look old enough to be Holland's father.

Yeah, I agree, Eureka can't kill because she's more human, and I assume she likes Renton because he is kind of pure/pure of heart and has shown her the good side of humanity.

The Monk just got on Nirvash's hand and didn't think he might fly off it in the air ... that's just insanely dangerous dude, got a death wish or something?
Jul 29, 2019 7:30 AM

Apr 2019
I like the action. I know some people may not like the fact that Eureka doesn't want to hurt people and stuff, but she recently saw the Corallians killing innocents and she's right about the soldiers being important to other people and stuff. Also, I didn't expect Dewey and Holland being brothers.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.