Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 4, 2008 7:20 AM

Nov 2007
Eeeh, i don't really know where you get the dictator part from.

And i guess these "mobile tents" you are refering to might actually be "Burqas".

"Many Muslims believe that the Islamic holy book, the Qur'an, and the collected traditions of the life of Muhammed, or hadith, require both men and women to dress and behave modestly in public. However, this requirement, called hijab, has been interpreted in many different ways by Islamic scholars (ulema) and Muslim communities (see Women and Islam); the burqa is not specifically mentioned in the Quran."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burqa
AzamatMay 4, 2008 7:24 AM

"Sanity is overrated."
May 4, 2008 7:41 AM

Mar 2008
it's pretty offending..hmm..he's nuts i guess..
May 4, 2008 8:44 AM

Nov 2007
dEvOn_92 said:
it's pretty offending..hmm..he's nuts i guess..

How is it offending?

"Sanity is overrated."
May 4, 2008 8:44 AM

Dec 2007
Azamat said:

And i guess these "mobile tents" you are refering to might actually be "Burqas".

"Many Muslims believe that the Islamic holy book, the Qur'an, and the collected traditions of the life of Muhammed, or hadith, require both men and women to dress and behave modestly in public. However, this requirement, called hijab, has been interpreted in many different ways by Islamic scholars (ulema) and Muslim communities (see Women and Islam); the burqa is not specifically mentioned in the Quran."

If you walk around here for a day you'll drown in those things.

And thatswhy i say both of these books are shit.
May 4, 2008 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
Chavez said:
Azamat said:

If you walk around here for a day you'll drown in those things.

And thatswhy i say both of these books are shit.

Amen to that ~ lol
<-- An atheist beeing extraordinary humorous.

"If you walk around here for a day you'll drown in those things. "
Btw, is there really that many muslims in hmm location... "Netherlands, Northern Part"?

"Sanity is overrated."
May 4, 2008 8:57 AM

Apr 2008
Chavez said:
Azamat said:

btw, Correct me if i am wrong, but isen't the bible more violent than the Koran?

I haven't read anything about a dictator in the bible. Neither that women should cover themselves up with this mobile tent or whatever it is.

But women are still considered unequal to males by Christian means. For instance, The Old Testament says women must not speak unless a man agrees with her and should not teach or hold authority over men. Paul {the foundation of Christianity}declares it "shameful" for any woman to speak in a Church.

Though, the thing is Christianity and god has many interpretations. For instance, an Islamic "church" is known as a Mosque, and it is quite a bit different from a Christian Church in both ceremony and style. Referring to God as "Allah" would only show that your primary language is Arabic. A Christian Arab is still a Christian. A Muslim Arab is still a Muslim. Both will refer to their deity as "Allah." Now, an Arab Christian has a different theology than an American Christian or a Brazilian Christian or a Nigerian Christian. Arab Christians may even have more in common with Arab Muslims than they have with some other Christians. But the fundamental beliefs of Christians as to the behavior of God are documented in the Bible, which is {mostly} the same from one area to the next.. {whether His name is spelled "God" "Gott" "Gud" "Allah" "Dios" "Deus" "Бог" "上帝" or "神"}

Though I've known enough Arab Christians in my life that I'd rather not jump to prejudging a person's faith or their theology simply by the name they use for God. Culture plays a large factor in interpretation of religious doctrine, but there is some uniformity across cultural boundaries.

I just think that when it comes to talking about Gods and theologies.. The best way to define the deity is to look at the book which establishes his character. The names always change. After all.. For the first 1500 years or so, Christianity had an "official language" too -- Latin. If you go to a Catholic Latin mass today you still hear the Christian "God" called by his original name, "Deus." It doesn't really change the main doctrine though.

As it is today, the original doctrines that Christians are suppose to follow are gone today. Mosy People who claim to be Christian really don't understand the aspects of the bible that they're "following" and instead give their own interpretations on theological matters... Which makes them far from Christians as far as I'm concerned.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.