Forum Settings
Forums

Does anyone know how to disable window auto-backing up your files?

New
Yesterday, 11:43 AM

Dec 2014
It is slowing down my computer whenever I am trying to create a copy.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Yesterday, 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
Why not just install Linux by overwriting Windows on your computer's HDD with Linux? Problem solved.
Yesterday, 4:15 PM

Mar 2008
I dont know why you would even trust Microsoft with all your files when you could back up locally. Is there a reason or you never knew how to stop it to begin with?
Yesterday, 4:48 PM

Feb 2010
@aLotQuestion_

Start menu
Windows settings (gear icon)
Update/Security
Files Backup
Turn off all those backups

There's a general setting to turn them all off but there's a possibility you'll need to turn off individual backups, I think I had that issue before.

Maybe delete any backed up files held somewhere and you can backup important stuff to a 20 dollar USB stick instead, it's just as reliable, if not more. Then you'll have space for more games or other files on your drive(s).

Never use Windows backup either; use Apple, Gdrive, or Mega for thing kinda thing they're very light although all these cloud backups have problems. Mega is the most reliable imo. It's 5 bucks a month for a lot of cloud space (there's a free tier too) but it backs up all important stuff and links all music/pictures between phone and PC.

Also if its slow might be time to do a fresh Windows install and try a new hard drive (SSD if you're not using one). I swear like 99% of PC problems are in the main hard drive.
Shishio-kunYesterday, 4:55 PM
Yesterday, 5:01 PM

Feb 2010
Reply to traed
I dont know why you would even trust Microsoft with all your files when you could back up locally. Is there a reason or you never knew how to stop it to begin with?
@traed

I gave this a try, thinking it could automate things and save a lil time and money. It was just a massive disaster lol. Now I just use Mega for cloud backup/syncs and two hard drives to save half my files if one drive fails. I also do a local backup once or twice a year on a separate drive. I'm not losing my Overwatch and WoW memories! 😧

Windows is so godlike with some things (ppl who think Windows is 100% bad don't know shit about computers) but with other things, my God, Windows is absolutely useless, worse than useless in fact.
Yesterday, 5:07 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Shishio-kun
@traed

I gave this a try, thinking it could automate things and save a lil time and money. It was just a massive disaster lol. Now I just use Mega for cloud backup/syncs and two hard drives to save half my files if one drive fails. I also do a local backup once or twice a year on a separate drive. I'm not losing my Overwatch and WoW memories! 😧

Windows is so godlike with some things (ppl who think Windows is 100% bad don't know shit about computers) but with other things, my God, Windows is absolutely useless, worse than useless in fact.
@Shishio-kun
I heard Syncthing is good for that.

More topics from this board

» Suggest me similar games

AMBITZZ - Jul 23

5 by hazecloud »»
10 hours ago

» Fate/Extra Record isn't dead XD

AnimePedestrian - Jul 25

11 by AnimePedestrian »»
10 hours ago

» Fate/Stay Night is out in 4 days - 8/7 for Western Audiences

AnimePedestrian - Yesterday

25 by AnimePedestrian »»
Yesterday, 5:20 PM

» Does anyone have experience with using a Lenovo Legion 7i for gaming and anime watching? How does it perform?

Abd56ullah - Aug 1

3 by traed »»
Yesterday, 4:12 PM

» PC racing game with a wheel icon for you to click on?

-Haoto- - Yesterday

2 by Theo1899 »»
Yesterday, 2:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.